Complete my survey and I'll donate $5 to... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I hope it's okay to post this here. I'm seeking parents of children aged 2 to 14. Complete my survey and I’ll donate $5 to your choice of Autism Speaks or Easter Seals (up to a total of $500).

My study is investigating how parents understand psychologists’ feedback and it takes about 15 minutes. It’s a simple way to raise money to help kids while also furthering the field of psychology.

To go straight to the survey go here: https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bQHMAuMsIDAlOmg

Or go to UnderstandingAssessment.com for more details.

This study is being done in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) at Alliant International University – San Diego. If you have any questions please contact me at [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM

I started to take the survey, but then didn't understand it. Are you asking me to pretend that my child has been diagnosed with autism, and then list all the questions I might have? And then you want to know if I think autism is a good diagnosis for this hypothetical child? I didn't understand, so that's as far as I got.

Sarah, mama to Miriam 9/26/2006 and Isaac 2/12/2010
#3 of 6 Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM

Hi jevans.  Just checking--have you received permission for your request from a moderator at MDC?  If so, you will get more replies if you copy and paste that permission.  Hope this helps you receive more input.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#4 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahr View Post

I started to take the survey, but then didn't understand it. Are you asking me to pretend that my child has been diagnosed with autism, and then list all the questions I might have? And then you want to know if I think autism is a good diagnosis for this hypothetical child? I didn't understand, so that's as far as I got.

yeahthat.gif I was totally confused and there was also a LOT of text to read through -- which is fine but I don't feel like there was adequate warning or explanation... I ended up giving up halfway through because I was so lost...

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedenmomma View Post

Hi jevans.  Just checking--have you received permission for your request from a moderator at MDC?  If so, you will get more replies if you copy and paste that permission.  Hope this helps you receive more input.

Thank you for being concerned about the community!  If you ever have any concerns, please PM me (TiredX2)--- I don't always read every thread every day, but generally respond within 24 hours to a report OR a PM.

I moved the survey here from it's original placement (Activism).  It is within the guidelines, so it is welcome.  For future reference, these are the survey guidelines on MDC:

Quote:

The rules for surveys on our forum are as follows;

• Only post one thread in one forum
  • The survey must be a topic that is appropriate for Mothering and the forum they are posting about it in
  • Members do not conduct the actual survey on the forums but instead ask members to contact them
  • They do not offer money for the survey
  • They do not solicit money in any way

Thank you again!

#6 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone, thank you for your interest. I'm sorry if it is in anyway confusing and I understand there is a fair amount of text. I wish that I could offer more guidance but unfortunately, I can't say more than what's in the survey since it would be hard to know who got extra information and who didn't. I hope that's not a frustrating answer : /

If you complete the survey, you have the option to include an email address so when the study is complete, I'll send an explanation of what we found. I appreciate your comments and concerns, I will take all of it into consideration for this and any future studies.

If anyone has any other concerns, please feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks,

Jenny

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page