Yep, that's it..he's traumatized!! - Mothering Forums
1 2 
Parenting > Yep, that's it..he's traumatized!!
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 05:45 AM 04-13-2004
Well, all the kids were asleep so I decided I was going to clean out some boxes that I found unpacked from YEARS ago.

I found dh's demon mask (it is really scary looking!)from a Halloween party back in 1995. I decided to put it on and go show my dh for some good laughs and "remember what we did with no kids around...." kind of thing.

ALL the kids were sleeping. SO, I go walking into the hallway with a black robe on and the freaky mask from hell--and my 5 yo ds comes walking out of the bathroom and sees me!! (i didn't know he was up using the potty!)

So any way I think he is traumatized for life. I have NEVER heard one of my kids scream like that before!!

To make it worse I try to tell him to come back (voice muffled under the mask) and go chasing after him to try and show him that it's mom under the mask. YA THINK I WOULD HAVE TOOK OFF THE MASK FIRST!!

After I took off the costume and he saw it was me...he started giggling...."oh, it's you mom--don't do that again---K?."

Hey--no prob kiddo.

I showed him the mask so he could see that it was fake--and he seemed okay..but my goodness...my poor little man.

RachelGS's Avatar RachelGS 06:56 AM 04-13-2004
Awwwwwwwwwww! Poor little guy.
Night Owl's Avatar Night Owl 07:34 AM 04-13-2004
Yikes! That would be scary for a little one. Sounds though like he is none the worse for the wear.

And OT, but I don't feel so bad now. DS and I spent several minutes last night shredding cancelled checks from 1996. I also found paycheck stubs from when I worked at McDonald's in 1991.

Good to know I'm not the only packrat around. :LOL
DreamsInDigital's Avatar DreamsInDigital 07:37 AM 04-13-2004
Tamera, that is toooooooo funny! :
LunaMom's Avatar LunaMom 11:01 AM 04-13-2004
I'm sorry, is it terrible that your post made me crack up?

I feel for you, but the image is just too funny. Especially the part about you chasing him down the hall with the mask still on.

:
Irishmommy's Avatar Irishmommy 11:31 AM 04-13-2004
I shouldn't laugh, but :LOL
tricia80's Avatar tricia80 12:20 PM 04-13-2004
I too shouldnt laugh but man its hilarous... :
wemberly's Avatar wemberly 12:33 PM 04-13-2004
:LOL
eilonwy's Avatar eilonwy 01:03 PM 04-13-2004
I'm also sorry that I have to :. That poor little boy! : And poor mamma! :
bwylde's Avatar bwylde 01:20 PM 04-13-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Night Owl

And OT, but I don't feel so bad now. DS and I spent several minutes last night shredding cancelled checks from 1996. I also found paycheck stubs from when I worked at McDonald's in 1991.

you too? I'm scared of what else I'm going to find amongst our lovely clutter :LOL

It's a good thing he was able to giggle about it. That would be freaky having that chase you in the middle of the night
Gemini's Avatar Gemini 01:42 PM 04-13-2004
OMG! :

I'm glad he laughed about it after he saw it was you though. Did he wake up your other kids??
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 03:06 PM 04-13-2004
:LOL Oh man, it's morning. Nathan is fine--but before he walked out of the bathroom this morning he peeked his head out of the door to make sure the hallway was clear.

I'm sure this is something he will laugh about when he is grown--I hope.:LOL

Edited to add--No he didn't wake up his siblings. Thank goodness. Mila and Hunter were on my bed with the door shut--and Tyler was on the couch in the living room.

My husband came running though---he said it sounded like a monster grabbed Nathan
Threefold's Avatar Threefold 03:10 PM 04-13-2004
Sorry, but I'm also LMAO.
:LOL :
famousmockngbrd's Avatar famousmockngbrd 03:46 PM 04-13-2004
:LOL Poor kid!
AnnMarie's Avatar AnnMarie 03:49 PM 04-13-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by happymomwith4

To make it worse I try to tell him to come back (voice muffled under the mask) and go chasing after him to try and show him that it's mom under the mask. YA THINK I WOULD HAVE TOOK OFF THE MASK FIRST!!

: : : :

If it makes you feel any better, we do those things to our kids on purpose.
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 04:03 PM 04-13-2004
Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, we do those things to our kids on purpose
Oh, I feel much better now!:
joesmom's Avatar joesmom 05:17 PM 04-13-2004
i found an old halloween mask, it covers the bottom half of the face only & looks like a big tongue sticking out of a wide open mouth; i yelled for joe to come in quick... when he saw me he let out a blood curdling scream. oops. but then he thought it was funny, he said don't put it back on though!
SamuraiEarthMama's Avatar SamuraiEarthMama 07:53 PM 04-13-2004
it's our duty as parents to make sure our kids have a few entertaining stories to tell their therapists.

when dd was born, ds was almost 3 and he wanted to know how the milk came out of the boob. he'd seen baby bottles with a big hole, but he didn't see a hole in the boob's nipple. i told him there were actually several holes in each one, very tiny. he didn't believe me, and so i was going to squeeze out a few drops to show him.

instead, i squirted a stream that hit him between the eyes! he screamed like he'd been burned... and then spent the rest of the day glowering at me from across the room. i felt horrible (and even worse about laughing).

any other confessions?

katje
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 07:57 PM 04-13-2004
:LOL :LOL It's great to know that other moms out there traumatize their children!:LOL
Marsupialmom's Avatar Marsupialmom 01:20 AM 04-14-2004
Your story is to funny. Please understand we all have these momments.
gossamer's Avatar gossamer 01:32 AM 04-14-2004
Tamera,
: : : : : : : : : : I have been chuckling about this all day.

Gossamer
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 01:34 AM 04-14-2004
I donated the mask to Goodwill today---sad to see it go, but ds is'nt:LOL :LOL
ShannonCC's Avatar ShannonCC 01:42 AM 04-14-2004
Tamera, you are too funny I showed my dh your post and he got a laugh out of it too :LOL
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 02:18 AM 04-14-2004
Hi Shannon

Gossamer--Beautiful pics of your angel
AnnMarie's Avatar AnnMarie 02:20 AM 04-14-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by SamuraiEarthMama
it's our duty as parents to make sure our kids have a few entertaining stories to tell their therapists.
: :
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 02:23 AM 04-14-2004
AnneMarie--Your signature made me laugh so hard I had my grape juice come out my nose:LOL :LOL :
AnnMarie's Avatar AnnMarie 03:08 AM 04-14-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by happymomwith4
AnneMarie--Your signature made me laugh so hard I had my grape juice come out my nose:LOL :LOL :
:
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 03:13 AM 04-14-2004
:LOL :LOL :LOL
*LoveBugMama*'s Avatar *LoveBugMama* 05:58 PM 04-14-2004
I like this thread.

: :
Overproducktion's Avatar Overproducktion 06:04 PM 04-14-2004
Hi Tamara :LOL
1 2 

Up