What did you get your LOs for Christmas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-25-2011, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just curious to see what everyone is getting smile.gif I know this will be a great discussion of different gifts because of the mixture of philosophies. This year we got DS the Taschen edition of the Grimm's Fairy Tales

http://www.amazon.com/dp/3836526727/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=braipick-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=3836526727&adid=02EWYHVVVZ51F100A6C0

I love it! The pictures are wonderful and diverse, and the quality is fantastic. We also stuffed his stocking with fruit leather and bath toy letters 

#2 of 13 Old 12-25-2011, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

DD got a bunch of stuff {only kiddo}, mostly plastic/mainstream stuff from Walgreens I was able to get with rewards, but the highlights were a Melissa & Doug Sandwich set, responsibility chart and birthday cake set thanks to fab.com and referrals I earned there. Only had to pay shipping!

DD hasn't stopped playing with them since. 

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#3 of 13 Old 12-25-2011, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

My son is only 3 1/2 months old, so I made him some keepsakes - red felt baby booties, an embroidered name plaque and a quilt. We also bought him the book Good Babies (fantastic story), fabric play fruit, fabric play veggies and four mini Sesame Street board books. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#4 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 03:13 PM

They all got overloaded stockings, in addition to:

DS1 (18): A Sega Genesis (game console of his childhood), some quality coloured art pencils and a weight set and pull-up bar.

DD1 (8): A children's acoustic guitar, a make-up kit (much discussion between me and dh, but we finally went ahead on it), a digital camera

DS2 (6.5): A Playmobil pirate ship with figures, A book (Eli the Spy: Where Am I?), and a digital camera

DD2 (2.5): A pair of fairy wings, a Sandra Boynton board book, and some Littlest Pet Shop figures (she's fallen in love with them at other locations)

We also gave the little ones two new containers of Lego (one pink, one blue, because they have different pieces), and bought the whole family a small games drawer thing, with chess, checkers, Chinese checkers, Snakes and Ladders, Pachisi, backgammon, mancala and couple of others.

DS1 also got a laptop, but we bought that at a Boxing Day sale today, and it was actually a belated graduation gift, not a Christmas present. DH sent dd1 upstairs to sing the usual "wake up" song for her brother, with "it's laptop time", instead of "it's morning time". He came downstairs, half asleep and completely confused...and got handed a laptop. His reaction was amazing. :)

Total other gifts, including all relatives:

DS1: A warm hat & a cheque from my in-laws, a hoodie & gift card from my mom, and gift cards from my brother and my "godmother".

DD1: A skirt, jeans, sweater & shirt from my in-laws, a toque with matching gloves & bookstore gift card from my mom, a fashion design sketch pad (with stencils and stickers) from my brother & SIL, a hoodie and shirt w/undershirt from my "godmother" and two Teacup Piggies from ds1.

DS2: Two shirts, jeans & a hoodie from my in-laws, a toque and socks & a bookstore gift card from my mom, a game called "Molehill Mania" from my brother & SIL, two Lego sets (Star Wars & Ninjago) from my "godmother", and two transformers from ds1.

DD2: Two shirts and two pairs of pants from my in-laws, a dress (purchased in Mexico, and very pretty) and a crocheted snowman from my mom, two stuffed dogs in a big handbag thing from my brother & SIL, a 3-piece clothing set from my "godmother", and a 40" stuffed lion from ds1.

And, my sister gave them a set of travel games...think it was Trouble, Battleship, Connect 4, and Guess Who?

Throw in the gifts for me and dh, from each other and our families (we got cash from my in-laws and a science museum membership from my mom), and I think we're all really spoiled. We had a great Christmas, though - very upbeat, no fights, no drama. It was amazing.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#5 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 06:25 PM

I won't talk about stockings because I went a bit overboard this year.. I didn't even realize just how much I had gotten until I took them all out to wrap and put in the stockings..

The main gifts:

DD1 (4, 5 next month): a fold up barn, quilt (handmade) and a hairtie organizer with a bunch of bows

DD2 (just turned 3 in November): a balance board, a quilt (handmade) and a hair tie organizer with a bunch of bows

DS (10 months): a stuffed chair. a push along car, a rocking horse and a quilt

It might seem like we got DS more than the girls but I actually spent the same amount on each child. DS's presents I got on clearance or from yard sales so I did an extra gift for him.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#6 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM

-DSS 16 got a running watch that monitors his heartrate (he runs track and cross country), itunes card, Ben Franklin biography, Scion book, Wii game and a calendar. His stocking had hot sauce, candy, duct tape and multisided dice.

-DSD 14 got a new pair of glitter Chucks, a makeup kit and brushes, a new shirt and fuzzy socks, a CD, a calendar and a Pixies DIY chandelier. Her stocking had ribbons, candy, lotion and duct tape.

-DSD 12 got a camera, a makeup kit and brushes, a new shirt and fuzzy socks, a CD, a calendar and a Pixies DIY light strand. Her stocking had ribbons, candy, lotion and duct tape.

-DSS 11 got a Legos Star Wars kit, a Playmobil kit, 2 Calvin and Hobbes books, a CD, a Wii game w/extra controller and a calendar. His stocking had a dice math game, a Playmobil person, candy and duct tape.

-DD got Captain Calamari (Lamaze toy), shape sorter, stacking cups, plastic keys and a cotton santa doll. Her stocking had socks, new teethers, new pacifiers and new nipples for her bottles.

DH had a bad case of the daddy guilt Christmas Eve and bought envelopes to put cash in for each kid. He gave it to them after they had opened all their presents. They were TOTALLY fine with the presents that they had opened. He said afterwards that he shouldn't have given them the cash.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#7 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

-DSS 16 got a running watch that monitors his heartrate (he runs track and cross country), itunes card, Ben Franklin biography, Scion book, Wii game and a calendar. His stocking had hot sauce, candy, duct tape and multisided dice.

-DSD 14 got a new pair of glitter Chucks, a makeup kit and brushes, a new shirt and fuzzy socks, a CD, a calendar and a Pixies DIY chandelier. Her stocking had ribbons, candy, lotion and duct tape.

-DSD 12 got a camera, a makeup kit and brushes, a new shirt and fuzzy socks, a CD, a calendar and a Pixies DIY light strand. Her stocking had ribbons, candy, lotion and duct tape.

-DSS 11 got a Legos Star Wars kit, a Playmobil kit, 2 Calvin and Hobbes books, a CD, a Wii game w/extra controller and a calendar. His stocking had a dice math game, a Playmobil person, candy and duct tape.

-DD got Captain Calamari (Lamaze toy), shape sorter, stacking cups, plastic keys and a cotton santa doll. Her stocking had socks, new teethers, new pacifiers and new nipples for her bottles.

DH had a bad case of the daddy guilt Christmas Eve and bought envelopes to put cash in for each kid. He gave it to them after they had opened all their presents. They were TOTALLY fine with the presents that they had opened. He said afterwards that he shouldn't have given them the cash.

I notice that all of your kids got duct tape in their stockings... what do they all do with it?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#8 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

I notice that all of your kids got duct tape in their stockings... what do they all do with it?

lol.gif They LOVE it! They get it every year in their stockings. This year DSS 16's was black, DSD 14's was zebra print, DSD 12's was purple plaid and DSS 11's was paint-splotched. My DSDs make stuff out of like purses, wallets, doll clothes. My DSSs use it when doing stuff with their Legos or to "decorate" stuff. I don't know all what they do with it but they have a blast!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#9 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:

lol.gif They LOVE it! They get it every year in their stockings. This year DSS 16's was black, DSD 14's was zebra print, DSD 12's was purple plaid and DSS 11's was paint-splotched. My DSDs make stuff out of like purses, wallets, doll clothes. My DSSs use it when doing stuff with their Legos or to "decorate" stuff. I don't know all what they do with it but they have a blast!

Hahaha that is awesome! Duct tape really can do everything!

#10 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:

That's awesome. I gave dh duct tape, masking tape, box/packaging tape, and electrical tape in his stocking one year (think I threw in a dispenser of Scotch tape, too). It went over well. The last couple of years, I've been throwing five small rolls of different coloured (one each of red, white, yellow, green & blue) electrical tape in each of the stockings for the kids. They absolutely love it. I don't really know what they do with it, but it's always gone in a few months.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#11 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 08:43 PM

From us, our 2.5 yr old DD got:

skates, a helmet and elbow pads. We plan on skating a lot at a local park as a family.

She also got a memory game.

Her stocking had socks, finger puppets, a toothbrush, a couple of sweets, a barette, and a sweater and cape for her dolls/teddy to play dress up with her.

From my in-laws she got a whole bunch of craft supplies and a little critter book.

From my parents she got a v-tech reader toy thing

More craft supplies and books and a dress from my sister.

Bath toys from my wifes sister, A sweater and tights from another sister. A couple of shirts and tights from wifes 1st brother, A small teddy bear wuth a dress up outfit from 2nd vrother. And a book each from 3rd and 4th brothers.

She also got a game, some alphabet stamps and pjs from out roomate/nanny.

Now we just have to find the time to downsize her other toys to make room for all her new stuff.

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#12 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 09:29 PM

From us:

DS 4: leather necklace with a chess Queen on it, chessboard patterned bracelet; playsilk

DD 2: playsilk, small pink matchbox-type car

That is all. They get WAY too many from their grandparents.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#13 of 13 Old 01-11-2012, 03:40 AM

DD got pajamas, an Archie comic, horse cross-stitch set, and fashion plates.

DS got pajamas, a Diary of a Wimpy Kid book, an archeologist set (cement to dig through and find bones), and a spirograph.  

In their stockings they got an orange, 3 things of playdoh, and blo-pens.  

We really try to live simply and not buy too much for holidays.  My children were tickled with what they got this year.  

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

Tags
Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page