making the leap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a 26 year old single mother...I have been a single mother since I learned I was pregnant the first time, only I was never really so single that I did it on my own. I live with my mom and she helps she pretty much is the other parent of my now almost 8 year old son. But it has become extremely toxic to his brain over the years. I never moved out because I thought it would be "easier" on my son having more then just me. It has gotten to the point that my mother specifically tells my son to disregard what I say and ignore me. He started hitting me a couple years ago. He tells me he wants me to move out with his little brother and get my own apartment that he will live with NANA. So I have decided that I cant continue this I keep hoping it will change but I have to do more then hope. if I dont change my action how will I get a different reaction? I am going to the homeless shelter with my youngest but I am still trying to figure out if it is better to force my oldest to go with me because I am his mother and its not his choice and he will come around or if I should just let him and my mother have each other like they want and go...either way I am going and I am taking my 2 year old I am just trying to figure out what is best for my oldest son.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 PM

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#3 of 3 Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 PM

Are you working now?  If not, can you get a job?  I agree with PP that you absolutely should not be in a homeless shelter.  And you should not be separated from your older son.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

Tags
Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page