How should I word this email? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am the team manager for my ds's hockey team this season.  The team is  playing in a tournament and I am setting up a team dinner at a nearby restaurant after the game.  I need to send an email to the parents, so I can get a headcount .   I know nobody expects the coaches to pay for the meals, but just too be sure I want to put something in the email about each family paying for their own meal.  Is there a polite way  to do this?

Thanks!!!

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 11:36 AM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hey parents and players!  Please remember that after the tournament, we will be meeting at XYZ restaurant at Q time to celebrate a successful season.  Come hungry, and come with money, because although the coaches love you, they expect you to pay for your own meals.  Please send me back an email so I can get a headcount.  Thanks so much!

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#3 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM

What about mentioning the name of the restaurant and linking their online menu?  You could say something like, "you can go here to check out the menu and pricing."  Or say, meals range from $x to $z.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#4 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I would actually let them know what average prices for the meals are as well so they can plan accordingly.  I had this issue with a soccer team.  I literally stated that the organization would be paying for players meals but that they were responsible for the rest of their family.  Bolded mind you.  It was a pizza place and I can't tell you the amount of "other" people that were eating off the table for the players.  It was ridiculous.  I did corner a family of 8 that included grandparents and asked them to purchase two more Pizza's as they had literally taken two off the table and brought them to their own table.  They refused.  It was very uncomfortable.

#5 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 PM

Or say, "Bring $/person for dinner. See you there!"
#6 of 9 Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 PM

I like Just1More's idea. 

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#7 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

What about mentioning the name of the restaurant and linking their online menu?  You could say something like, "you can go here to check out the menu and pricing."  Or say, meals range from $x to $z.

Yes, I had the same thought of making a statement about the range of prices for entrees.

Good luck to the team in their game!  

#8 of 9 Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 AM

When my daughter's FH team had their end-of-season dinner, we covered the cost for players, but requested $X amount per guest attending (paid in advance). We worked a deal with the restaurant for a choice between three entrees, salad, soft drinks and dessert. Period.

#9 of 9 Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM

You could say something along the lines of, "To avoid the confusion and hassle of collecting money in advance, let's plan for each family to check out independently at the restaurant."

Tags
Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page