Secret bullies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I just learned this term.  DD1 told me she had a secret bully.  The girl calls her names at least once a day.  It's either crazy, pshyco or loco.  I think she likes to rotate them for flavor.  DH heard her once and gave her the mean dad glare and I heard her today.  She ran up to DD1 and yelled LOCO in her ear.  How is that secret?  I asked DD1 if she has told her to stop, and she has.  She's followed all the how to handle a bully rule book she got at school and she said it's not working. 

So I told her next time let the girl know that both her parents have heard her say it and if she refuses to stop we'll be going to the counselor.   Hopefully that works.  But the secret bully thing is new to me.  I guess it's someone who bullies you without others knowing.  Their counselor told them it's one of the worst forms because it's hard to prove.  However DH and I have both heard her.  Which gives DD1 hope.  So cruddy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is rotten, I'm sorry your daughter is going through this!  How old is she? 

#3 of 4 Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

No biggie she's all good.  I think I was just interested in this new thing they're calling Secret bullies.  Hopefully it's helpful to the littles.

#4 of 4 Old 02-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it is good that she recognizes it and I think it's a step to her not owning it. There will always be bullies and I think that it is important for our kids to recognize it and realize that it is not their issue and be able to detach themselves from it, no matter how hard.

Tags
Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page