A bit off the parenting topic - but this idea is so awesome I'm stealing it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is one of my fav blogs and the young autistic girl that owns it writes the most amazing children's stories and poems. My kids love them there is some really heart felt bits of writing

Anyway, they went out to the end of their drive and drew a kind of cute chalk obstacle course for the children and parents walking home from schools to play on. Recently her city had its 1 year anniversary since a major earthquake and she hoped that the children and parents would smile walking by.

http://mattyangel.com/2012/02/23/enjoy-life-by-matty-angel/

My youngest would love to find this walking home from school, am so going to steal it and get the kids to help me draw one out by our drive. Would be such a cool fun way to teach them numbers and little things.

She posted in a message board I go to that chalk was the best Christmas present she ever got... don't you just love how something simple can open someone's mind? 

LOL excuse my half-bad grammar its late and I'm tired

#2 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflykate View Post

LOL excuse my half-bad grammar its late and I'm tired

Oh wow I really was tired this was suppose to go into special needs parenting,
#3 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 10:42 AM

I dunno, I think it belongs in general parenting myself! What a cool idea. I bet my daughter would love to do that.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnS6 View Post

I dunno, I think it belongs in general parenting myself! What a cool idea. I bet my daughter would love to do that.

I think I was just going to pop that in special-needs parenting because the person who did it had autism.

I was thinking this morning, that actually would be a great way to teach language skills to children with autism... I have an autistic daughter around the same age as the person who did that website and I wish I thought of it when she was younger. She use to love instructions, games were so much easier for her when there were clear instructions on what to do and everyone can join in. Such an awesome idea! There is so many ways something like that could be used, it turns exercise into a game...

Its like having an outside board game? I wonder why I keep coming back to look at that post, I must have something in my brain that just hasn't come out yet.

I will tell you what though any of my children would love to find that walking home from school lol!
#5 of 7 Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

I figured it out!!! I keep thinking about this cause I thought this would be a kind of game that would include that 6 year old in that thread about bullying, and maybe allow him to join in. CLICK. I knew there was a reason I was posting this. Now to go post a link to here, in there.

#6 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 03:34 PM

I love this idea! I can't wait till spring to try this out on my street. We have lots of kids around here and they all play outside and will LOVE this.

#7 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey's Mum View Post

I love this idea! I can't wait till spring to try this out on my street. We have lots of kids around here and they all play outside and will LOVE this.

I just saw they posted this and I just posted it on facebook. Amazing idea! http://mattyangel.com/2012/02/24/the-enjoy-life-initiative

Tags
Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page