Does anyone have these dolls, Anatomically correct - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We were at the Please Touch Museum today and they had these doll there.  http://dianadolls.com/ The 22" ones. They have real genitalia and I am happy to say the boys looked intact.

I'm thinking about getting one or two for my DSs, But wanted to ask on here if anyone has had these and thoughts. The children's museum has them (and I figure hundreds of kids play with them daily) and they look like they are holding up to a lot of play.

If you have them...can they get wet? what size do you have? is it hard to find clothes?

Also, Dh doesn't see the point of having a doll with a penis...any advice on how to sway him without...dismissing his point "well they have penises of course its normal, I don't see why a doll has to have one too"

Thanks so much! This is one of the reasons I love this site!

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 AM

I find it kind of amusing that the boy dolls have visible genitalia, but the girl dolls don't...

Quote:
  • Male doll is uncircumsized with intact foreskin
  • Female doll is very modest without visible genitalia

How likely is it that your son will play with it? They don't exactly give the dolls away...

#3 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post

I find it kind of amusing that the boy dolls have visible genitalia, but the girl dolls don't...

That was exactly my thought.

#4 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:

How likely is it that your son will play with it? They don't exactly give the dolls away...

Girl parts are icky, didn't you know? orngtongue.gif

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#5 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think the wording is odd...but all the female babies I've changed don't have anything other than vuvla parts showing when doing a general look (its there but small and only visible when you have to go poop searching) I'm not bothered by the look of it, but I don't like the wording "modest genitalia"

I think he'll play with it, but he is rough on toys in general...but his current favorite doll is a cabbage patch kid, that's played with a few times a week...I'm hoping for something that will last across kids.

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#6 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katielady View Post

Quote:

Girl parts are icky, didn't you know? orngtongue.gif

But so are foreskins orngtongue.gif (by which I mean according to many in the US - my ds is intact)
#7 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 PM

I saw those same dolls at the please touch museum and ds has one now. We got him a smaller one the 13 1/2 inch doll. And yes it is hard to find clothes for! The ones at the museum are able to wear newborn or 'premie' sized clothes which you can pick up for super cheap at the thrift store.

We've had 'baby' for several years now and he's doing well.

I also dislike 'modest genitalia' marking' but I think it means that you cannot insert anything into the doll. Same with the penis and scrotum they do not move you cant really move it or anything.
#8 of 12 Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 PM

I had to check - I'm pretty sure I had one of those when I was a kid. :)  If it IS the same, I think I gave him a bath or two.  He was tough.  I wonder what happened to little Tommy...

Tjej

#9 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 03:56 PM

We have a boy one.  The genitalia is a complete non-issue.  Daughter never so much as commented on it.  I will say that it is far from her favorite doll to play with because it has a hard plastic body, which makes it not exactly cuddly.  We use preemie baby clothes with it, but 99 times out of a hundred, it's in the pile and she has one with a cloth body and plastic head/arms/feet instead.  To that end, if I'd paid a lot for it, I'd have been disappointed that it wasn't a favorite, but given that it was a gift from the grandparents, no worries.

#10 of 12 Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 PM

grandparents got a similar doll for my DS. It's hard to dress and not snuggly.  And he pretends it is a girl, regardless of genitalia.  (he has a baby sister)

#11 of 12 Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

We ended up getting a small version. I have to say DS1 loves that the baby as a penis he has pointed it out many many times and laughs. That said, he doesn't play with it much, he doesn't really play with his dolls much. He prefers his monkeys orngbiggrin.gif

#12 of 12 Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 AM

yes go to www.dollfactory.com they have them all the whole boy and the whole girls they are awesome,we have several ourselves

Tags
Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page