April 2012 Rockstar Mamas and Their Babies (better late than never) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 244 Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Annie  - first I need to pay more attention to siggys - LOVE the Heart Hero!  -

also, IDK, bf'ing makes me eat like it's going out of style. And I am gaining back weight. I want to start walking, I really want to lose more weight. Congrats on your weight loss!

We all slept well, and had much better in-store experiences than the day before. No tantrums!

Hope you and MW are able to meet up. I am hoping she is back home in July so I can visit, I love DH's grandpa and family, but would be nice to hang out with friends too.

MW: men are difficult. But sometimes so am I . . . . and stubborn! I hope you and Sean can work through this.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 244 Old 05-03-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ That's great about the weight loss. I have no idea how much energy it takes to run 7 miles. I think I've read that breastfeeding uses around 300-500 calories a day. Does that sound right?

I was thinking of going to Ikea, too. I was going to look at their cribs since someone (Kat, I think) posted one for me to see that was only $150. Now that we're here, though, we're sleeping pretty well so I don't know that I need to try one anymore. Maybe there's something about my bed that Dylan doesn't like. He seems to sleep pretty well everywhere except home.

Anyway, meeting to shop with a bunch of kids wouldn't really be fun for getting to know each other anyway. Having a park or playground to go to would be best for me so that Ethan and Kellen can run and play but I don't know how that would be with the babies. There is a little playground in my mom's neighborhood and a bigger one just up the road if you really want to make it a day go to Ikea. Or, I could ask Sean to look into parks near Quantico if you want. Just about any day works for us. We don't have any plans or schedules. smile.gif

I asked my mom again about how much she wants to charge for the Williamsburg timeshare. She said $100 for weekends and $50 for week days. The total for each of us will be $350 then, I think. $100 each for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and $50 for Monday night. Oh, I forgot to ask her when she wanted to get paid. I'll try to remember that.

I'm excited but I'm also getting a little nervous. How about you guys? I know we're not strangers but it's a little scary meeting everyone in person.

Sean and I talked. He wasn't not talking to me. He was just busy, or so he says. He said he had to work through his breaks because he had to leave for a while to get the rental car and talk to the mechanic. I'm not mad about that but I am getting a little tired of the excuse. I don't see why he couldn't have sent me a quick text telling me he had gotten a car and the Jeep was at a garage. KWIM?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#243 of 244 Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I'm excited but I'm also getting a little nervous. How about you guys? I know we're not strangers but it's a little scary meeting everyone in person.
Sean and I talked. He wasn't not talking to me. He was just busy, or so he says. He said he had to work through his breaks because he had to leave for a while to get the rental car and talk to the mechanic. I'm not mad about that but I am getting a little tired of the excuse. I don't see why he couldn't have sent me a quick text telling me he had gotten a car and the Jeep was at a garage. KWIM?

I'm a little nervous!  I actually respect and admire you ladies so much - I actually look fwd to seeing how you parent your littles in person so I can hopefully learn a thing or two!

I'm glad you guys talked.  Maybe he was actually pissed and ignoring you but now he sees it wasn't worth fighting over?  Idk.  I'm with you.  Check your phone, you know?  Who goes that long w/o checking?

Chris and I are making some progress.  He's not the type I can confront and have a sit down talk with.  Instead I'm going to have to be the change I want to see.  I moved my computer to my bedroom and we talked about having no phones/computers during dinner and family time.  I'm going to just not use it as much and try not to zone out as well, and then I'll at least be able to say, "Ive done it, you promised you would, too."  (We did talk about it and agree about it, so it's not as though I'm expecting him to read my mind).  

He's still just distant and disengaged.  He's burnt out from work he says and tired.  Like you said, Alysia, am I supposed to feel sorry for him?  I'm tired from my work and I don't get to just check out.  He'll sit on his comp or his phone while I set out dinner, feed the kids, wrangle, clean up.  Then I say, "Can you get Nora in bed?" or "Can you do dishes?" and I feel like he's another child that I'm taking care of.  If I have to tell him what to do why don't I just do it myself?  I think that's bullshit.  

So.  We have work to do.

Today went exceptionally well.  Finn is feeling better (yay!!!) and we went food shopping together and my word, Nora behaved!  I read a tip about before you go into the store, lay out clearly what is expected.  I kept it simple.  No running, no screaming, no climbing allowed.  LOL.  I listened to her needs and respected them as best I could.  She really wanted to sit at one of the furniture displays and pretend play.  I couldn't just leave her up there to do it, so I said if she followed along with my shopping, after we pay we could play at the table.  I followed thru.  We sat and "drank lemonade" she poured from the pitcher that was there, and Finn bopped a balloon around.  We got so many compliments!  A few customers as they walked past commented how well behaved the kids were and how special/lucky they were to have a tea party with mommy.  I felt good.

Hmm, running the 10k is 6.2 miles and I burned about 950 calories.  Bf'ing full time burns quite a bit.  I need to keep running.  I need to find time!!

I'm down to my pre preg weight and size, but I'm honestly not careful enough about what I eat right now to lose any more.  I'd have to get strict again and my head is too burdened with other shit.  I know no excuse.  Sigh.  Someday.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#244 of 244 Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

May Thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352341/may-2012-rockstar-mamas

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page