June Rockstar (formerly Whatever'ing) Mamas 2012 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No fucking way!!!! Omg!!!!! Im in shock, you must be completely in shock!!! So exciting!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#302 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

yes - very much so! I need a bigger car!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#303 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Knowing that I will never do that again makes me sad. I also get sad to think that Sean will never be with me for a homebirth.

Thinking I'll never do birth again, or even pregnancy as hard as it is, makes me terribly sad.  I think that this is one of the hardest things for me to let go of.  

But thinking about doing another infancy/first year again has me hesitant, especially when I think about the ages of the kids I already have, and how it will impact them.  I think that's my biggest concern.  

MW, Lauri, annie, Do you ever feel like your older kids miss out on anything b/c there is a baby around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

yes - very much so! I need a bigger car!

What on earth made you think to test?  Just the long cycle or were there symptoms?!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#304 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

MW, Lauri, annie, Do you ever feel like your older kids miss out on anything b/c there is a baby around?

No, if anything, I feel like Ava gets the short end of the deal because she gets drug around to all sorts of stuff that the big kids are doing. They have to find quiet activities to do while Ava is napping but I don't think they are missing out on anything.

Reading JJ's story makes me want to have another baby partly so I can experience a semi-regular birth. greensad.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#305 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Long cycle. Coffee tasting weird and a drop in milk supply were also red flags. I am going to do all I can to keep it up through this pregnancy. Not to mention the exhaustion, but that is par for the course.

It's daunting, thinking about pregnancy and birth again. I know I can do it, just need to dig my heels in and do it. First IRL friend I told (other than DH) was my doula. LOL.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#306 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

No, if anything, I feel like Ava gets the short end of the deal because she gets drug around to all sorts of stuff that the big kids are doing. They have to find quiet activities to do while Ava is napping but I don't think they are missing out on anything.

Reading JJ's story makes me want to have another baby partly so I can experience a semi-regular birth. greensad.gif

I feel like if in the next 2-4 years, we do have another, Nora will get shortchanged or Finn.  I think now about how when Finn is napping we hang out in the car, and we plan our days around his naps, etc.  We can't stay long at places if he's fussy.  I wonder if that's a downside to being an older sibling, or just part of the deal and she doesn't know any different.  

I do also wonder about Finn being a "middle child" and if we have three, if we should just go on and have four.  winky.gif

And then....and then I think I could just STOP all this nonsense, be done, and raise these two kids to the best of my ability, and focus on them and them alone....and that's sort of alluring as well.  So.  Undecided.

I just know you'll have a normal birth next time.  Ava needed you to have the birth you had.  I know it must be hard, nonetheless.  hug2.gif

Quote:

Long cycle. Coffee tasting weird and a drop in milk supply were also red flags. I am going to do all I can to keep it up through this pregnancy. Not to mention the exhaustion, but that is par for the course.
It's daunting, thinking about pregnancy and birth again. I know I can do it, just need to dig my heels in and do it. First IRL friend I told (other than DH) was my doula. LOL.

Coffee tasting weird!  Oh man.  Oh this is too much!  I'm so excited for you.  Good thing pregnancy is a good lonnnnng 9 months so you have time to get ready for another labor/birth!  I know you can do it!  When is your EDD?  Are you going to get an u/s to determine dates?

How fun to have a preggo in our midst so soon!!!

#307 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, will get an ultrasound, since the Only thing I am sure of is February.

#308 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 PM

OMG, I can't get over this akind1!!!! This is so exciting! When did you take the test?!?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#309 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

This afternoon at lunch. In a taco bell smile.gif

#310 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:

HAHAHHAAHA! Love it! ROTFLMAO.gif

#311 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:

biglaugh.gif

That's wonderful!!  

#312 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

I know it's not as exciting for most of you guys, but we have been making EC leaps and bounds, and I am so proud of her! The night she slept through the night, she also stayed dry all night through! And then today, she was dry from 930am until well... bedtime actually. She was a little bit damp when we woke up from her nap, but she was also covered in sweat, so I'm not actually sure it was pee. She pottied at my SIL's house too. I am just sooo excited for her. We're even looking at switching back to the small diaper inserts for the day, because they're less bulky, and she's not soaking her diapers as much. 

Kept meaning to respond to this and then I would forget. That is so exciting! Ava is not staying dry through the night but she does through most of her naps and stays dry most of the day. Except now she is so distracted by the big kids being home that she doesn't want to take the time to go potty. eyesroll.gif

#313 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM

Congrats Kat!!! That's so freaking exciting! So they'll be around 16-17 months apart? That sounds perfect. 

Quote:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!! akind1!!!! OMG!!!! Congrats!!!!  joy.gif

^^That's exactly what my best friend texted me in response to my pregnancy announcement. 

Quote:

I just know you'll have a normal birth next time.  Ava needed you to have the birth you had.  I know it must be hard, nonetheless.  hug2.gif

Yes. As hard as I know it must be to look back, you had exactly the birth she needed. Your story always come to mind when I'm talking to people about intuition and things happening as they should. 

Just a heads up so no one is confused-- I put in a request to change my username, should be changed within 48 hours. I'll now be onetwoten  :)  I didn't like the fact that my username was so easy to figure out/search and have been meaning to change it for a while, but with the contest now, it was time!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#314 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Just a heads up so no one is confused-- I put in a request to change my username, should be changed within 48 hours. I'll now be onetwoten  :)  I didn't like the fact that my username was so easy to figure out/search and have been meaning to change it for a while, but with the contest now, it was time!

Oh I like that username!  Cool.

Congrats on winning the contest!  I could look back but I"m lazy == what do you win??  That pic was gorgeous!

#315 of 409 Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM

I like the user name too!

I know that Ava's birth happened the way that it needed to. Ava and God (or providence or whatever you want to call it) were in charge from the very beginning. I was just along for the ride. As I'm writing up our birth story, I realize over and over again how many things lined up perfectly to work out for the best outcome for Ava and to minimize the chaos. It truly is amazing. I can't wait to finish it and post it here on her birthday.

#316 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

I did not have coffee this morning in an effort to drink more water/make more milk. So far, so good! It helps that Norah slept well, if a bit restless.

In response the news last night, one of DH's first comments was "I guess I need to make an appointment to go get snipped, huh?" LOL but we will wait a bit before doing that.

Other than needing to pee all the time (more water + pregnancy) I feel pretty good and much happier today - yesterday I was a bit freaked out.

JJ/OneTwoTen (can we still call you JJ?) - totally understandable about the name. I love the picture!

Carrie: dude, I love the idea of Dr. Seuss! Can Dr. Seuss be a pirate?

Lauri - I can't wait to read Ava's birth story!

#317 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 08:53 AM

Um, WTF?! I can't believe I missed the news! Stupid email notifications.

Kat ~ Congratulations! joy.gif I think I'm in shock. lol.gif I can't imagine getting pg while still having a baby under a year. That's crazy! Tell your dh there's no need to rush off and get snipped now. He's got a few months now. winky.gif If you can come to Williamsburg, you'll be pg. hehe

What's also amazing, Annie, is that you listened to your body and your intuition. You trusted in yourself and the process. So many people don't do that.

Well, with all of that excitement, I don't have anything to report.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#318 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

I am still in shock - I keep pulling out the test to look at it! LOL  My biggest concern is milk supply. With Gabe I had dried up by 8-10 weeks but we were also already heavily into the weaning stages by then. I am hoping that my supply doesn't tank as fast. I really need to make it a few more months.

First appt scheduled 7/12  - I am allowing a dating scan since I am really clueless as to how far along I am. Somewhere between 6-9 weeks. I first noticed a major dip last week, but honestly, supply (at least while pumping) has been down longer than that.  I've never not known when I got pregnant - with both Gabe and Norah - we *knew* we conceived.  I am getting excited!

But we aren't telling family for a while. MIL will be flabbergasted, as she had a hard time wrapping her head around #2, let alone #3.

MW: did you and D sleep well?

#319 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 AM

We slept pretty well. Dylan has gone back to being really restless for a chunk of time in the middle of the night. I don't know what that's about. And, he's been waking up early, which I do not like. I did get him to go back to sleep this morning so we stayed in bed until after 11. I didn't really sleep, though, because Kellen kept trying to talk to me.

DH is in the field until Thursday night bt that doesn't affect any of that. He's not here on weekday mornings anyway and he doesn't get up with D at night.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#320 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

He's learning to walk - that's big stuff! Norah wouldn't settle last night - kept wantint to climb the walls and the side car, so I wore her to sleep. took some doing, but it worked!

f4c562be.jpg

#321 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Dylan doesn't usually really wake up. He's just restless in his sleep, kicking his legs, rolling over this way and that. I won't get up with him because I don't want to fully wake him and I don't want him to think that means it's time to wake up. Maybe he's trying to walk in his sleep. lol.gif

He practiced walking across the room several times last night, going further and further each time. He can stand himself up without holding onto anything.

#322 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:

Oh I like that username!  Cool.

Congrats on winning the contest!  I could look back but I"m lazy == what do you win??  That pic was gorgeous!

I couldn't think of one I wanted, and was going to end up with fearlessmama which is what I am on thebabywearer or diaperswappers or something... but I don't love it. And then that popped into my head and I couldn't stop giggling. Me = 1, me and DH= 2, and then came Ten :) Love it!

However, my SIL has been commenting all over the mothering site and anywhere the photo is shared. gah. I commented on it before I realized it linked directly to my username. :/ 

Oh, and it wasn't anything big, they use the photo on the mothering FB page, I get supporter membership (which I don't remember what different it does...) and a $25 amazon gc. I'm most excited because DH is so proud his photo won :)  And I think I may use it as a bit of 'advertising' and use my doula account to respond to comments. More traffic :)

Quote:

I like the user name too!

I know that Ava's birth happened the way that it needed to. Ava and God (or providence or whatever you want to call it) were in charge from the very beginning. I was just along for the ride. As I'm writing up our birth story, I realize over and over again how many things lined up perfectly to work out for the best outcome for Ava and to minimize the chaos. It truly is amazing. I can't wait to finish it and post it here on her birthday.

Yes ^^ There was a plan to it all along. I remember you trying to get her to turn, and getting frustrated and then saying something about how maybe there was a reason you couldn't get her to turn. You followed your instincts which is so exactly what trusting birth is about. Mama knows. 

Quote:

JJ/OneTwoTen (can we still call you JJ?) - totally understandable about the name. I love the picture!

Yes! I just don't want it as easily searchable, you know?  My email address is the same thing too, it was a stupid move to make my SN so easy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

What's also amazing, Annie, is that you listened to your body and your intuition. You trusted in yourself and the process. So many people don't do that.
Well, with all of that excitement, I don't have anything to report.

Yes!

Quote:

He's learning to walk - that's big stuff! Norah wouldn't settle last night - kept wantint to climb the walls and the side car, so I wore her to sleep. took some doing, but it worked!

Yay!!  Ten will fall asleep being worn, but wakes as soon as I try to move her out of it. So it works for naps, but not night. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#323 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

JJ: It is comical how I get her off my back in order to continue sleeping on the bed. I approach and  get on the bed and knee-walk to where I want her to be, and then slowly lay flat on my tummy as I work on undoing the knot. Once I am flat, I start unwrapping her (this obviously works better when there are no bits across your front. She was in a RRRR) and kind of tlt her off my back towards which ever side she isn't facing. she usually wriggles a little to get into a comfy position and stays asleep. Voila!

*yawn*

#324 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Come to think of it, you've been more tired lately, too haven't you, Kat?  I'm still so excited for you.  I'm already wondering boy or girl!  Getting ahead of myself!  And of you!  LOL!!

Finn the past few nights has slept thru!!  I hope it continues!  I can live like this!!  Sleeping from 10 or 11 til 5, nursing, and then again til 7 is wonderful and I cannot complain.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high b/c I know/bet it'll change in a few weeks but until then I'm going to just enjoy it.

Had a nice playdate today, went to Red Robin with Finn and Nora and met up with a pg mama friend and her little girl.  I'm making some good IRL friends lately!  Helps!!  She's very natural mama minded and we had a nice chat about stuff.  

The most (TMI) comical thing just happened.  Finn came into the bathroom while I was *ahem* trying to go, but I don't like being climbed on while I do my business, so I scuttled (w/shorts around ankles) to get the baby gate from the stairs so he could stand at the door.  I put the gate up and turn around and he's halfway up the stairs!  I go back and get him, shut the door and scuttle back to the bathroom and finally am able to finish going!  Oh man what we do to have poop in peace when we have mobile babies!!  Too much!  I was cracking up!!

#325 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

I give Norah bath toys to play with on the floor while I go.

It's fun to wonder! It's bound to be one or the other. Now to just agree on names!

#326 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 01:26 PM

I've been naming our next child(ren)!  I currently love Lola.  Lola Elaine or Lola Renee.  

He only wants to climb me!  And smother my legs with kisses.  It's lovely any other time!!

#327 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Oooh Lola is nice! Our next baby girl's name is Maren...hahaha! Haven't decided on a good middle name though. Would definitely be a family name though.

#328 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 02:16 PM

I like Maren!  It's different and old fashioned!

At this point I think my only hope is a birth control failure.  Chris is adamant no more kids.  It's true pregnancy is hard and birth is tough...but the truth is i LOVE these kids.  They are my entire heart and soul and my reason for being here.  They've taught me so much about my core values, my beliefs, my passions.  How strong I can be.  I just can't  be done.  I just can't.  So.  We shall see. 

I also really like Desmond or Sasha for a boy.  

#329 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 02:59 PM

Yeah ours would have to be a user error as well. DH is way too familiar with my cycles to not know where I am. And he's adamant right now no more babies either. greensad.gif

DD slept better last night. I hope she's turned a corner and I get a few weeks' reprieve. sleepytime.gif

#330 of 409 Old 06-27-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Right now our top faves are Theodore Lewis or Edward and Caroline Lily.

But that's flexible smile.gif

This was a combo of birth control failure/and playing with fire.

Tags
Baby , Baby Food , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page