AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/01) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

May thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352341/may-2012-rockstar-mamas/200

#327 ·
Oooh Lola is nice! Our next baby girl's name is Maren...hahaha! Haven't decided on a good middle name though. Would definitely be a family name though.

#328 ·
I like Maren! It's different and old fashioned!

At this point I think my only hope is a birth control failure. Chris is adamant no more kids. It's true pregnancy is hard and birth is tough...but the truth is i LOVE these kids. They are my entire heart and soul and my reason for being here. They've taught me so much about my core values, my beliefs, my passions. How strong I can be. I just can't be done. I just can't. So. We shall see.

I also really like Desmond or Sasha for a boy.

#329 ·
Yeah ours would have to be a user error as well. DH is way too familiar with my cycles to not know where I am. And he's adamant right now no more babies either.
greensad.gif

DD slept better last night. I hope she's turned a corner and I get a few weeks' reprieve.
sleepytime.gif

#330 ·
Right now our top faves are Theodore Lewis or Edward and Caroline Lily.

But that's flexible
smile.gif

This was a combo of birth control failure/and playing with fire.

#332 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

This was a combo of birth control failure/and playing with fire.
I was wondering because I thought you said you were using condoms.

Since I'll never use it now, I vote for Chloe. I don't have a middle name. It used to be Chloe Elizabeth but I don't really like Elizabeth any more. I really got into Breann when I was pg with Dylan but I'm told that's a very common name. Gosh, I can't remember what our agreed upon first name for a girl was. Sean didn't like Chloe. Oh, Kailea.
smile.gif
Chloe Breann sounds ok.

#333 ·
I like Chloe. But it's a little too trendy for my style for my own kids. I love it tho.

I want to see how I feel in a year.

These kids need to go to bed! I've been going all day and really need a minute to relax!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#334 ·
Is the failure rate for condoms bc they don't work, or does it take into account them breaking, or putting them on wrong? If no breaks and correct usage, do they still fail? Im worried since that's all we use.

#335 ·
Is Chloe trendy? I don't know anything about trends. I was a kid when I picked that name and have loved it since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Is the failure rate for condoms bc they don't work, or does it take into account them breaking, or putting them on wrong? If no breaks and correct usage, do they still fail? Im worried since that's all we use.
Good question. Here's what I found with a quick google search. http://menshealth.about.com/od/contraception/a/condom_failure.htm

I also found another article that said condoms break 2-5% of the time. That means most of the time it's usage error since the failure rate is about 19%, right?

I guess that means there is always a possibility that I could have another baby if we use condoms. I'm taking my name back.
winky.gif

#336 ·
I think the failure rate takes in to account people not putting them on properly or in enough time. But since you can't control when they break even with perfect usage, they are also almost always coated w/spermicide to provide a second layer of protection.

Chloe is #10 for the top 10 girls' names in 2011. Pretty trendy. But Ava is #5 and I've only met one other Ava that age and she spells it Ayva.

#337 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I think the failure rate takes in to account people not putting them on properly or in enough time. But since you can't control when they break even with perfect usage, they are also almost always coated w/spermicide to provide a second layer of protection.

Chloe is #10 for the top 10 girls' names in 2011. Pretty trendy. But Ava is #5 and I've only met one other Ava that age and she spells it Ayva.
Because I'm allergic to nonoxynol 9, we purposely avoid the ones with spermicide. So no second layer of protection for us.

Blech, how can you use a condom more than once?!?

LOL, Alysia!

They're both asleep! Wine for me! I love getting them both to bed by 9 pm!!

#339 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

are there any other spermicides?
i think D is going to sleep. he took one late nap since we slept in til 11. the other boys are upstairs and it's been way too quiet for too long. i'm scared to go up there now.
lol.gif
A quick search says no, not really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spermicide

LOL hopefully it's not too bad!
winky.gif

#340 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I give Norah bath toys to play with on the floor while I go.
It's fun to wonder! It's bound to be one or the other. Now to just agree on names!
I do the same thing. We've got a bucket of bath toys that is our "break glass in case of" bucket. She loves it and they will almost always distract her.

Oooh names! It's funny, I've liked lots of names but never had one "come to me" in terms of that one day just -knowing- that it's meant to be. Not even with Tenley. I was in the shower a few weeks ago and all of a sudden had that feeling. I came out and told DH. It was one of those "I can't -not- name the next one that now, it just feels so right". So if there's another girl in our cards, he name will be Adelyn or Adalyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Oooh Lola is nice! Our next baby girl's name is Maren...hahaha! Haven't decided on a good middle name though. Would definitely be a family name though.
A girl in my AP group's daughter is named Marin. I've loved it ever since I first saw it there.

Quote:

I also really like Desmond or Sasha for a boy.
Sasha is my doula's son's name. She also has Ezra, Micah and Milla. I love them all!

I'm a bad mama. Tenley is absolutely shrieking in her crib right now, and I'm just not ready to go to her yet. I've been trying to get her to sleep since 7:30pm. It's 9:15pm now. She's exhausted and WILL. NOT. SLEEP. no matter what I do. Even nursing, she'll nurse for 30 minutes straight, but wide eyes, and shrieks when I pop her off. I am soooo done with this. I get so angry with her. We had those 3 good nights in a row, and then since then they've been as bad as ever. 45-1 hour in between wakeups, and taking an hour every night to get her to sleep. She wakes up in the night and I don't even want to see her I'm so angry. I know I need to reframe it in my head but this is just getting ridiculous. In 7 months she's only really had like... a dozen good nights. And they're not getting better, they're getting worse.

Urg. Ok, deep breath, going in there again.

#341 ·
Aw, JJ. Take a few deep breaths. Things WILL get better. You're not a bad mama. If you're at the end of your rope, take a break. Getting angry with her isn't a good place to be, so breathe deep. This too shall pass.

Maybe don't try to get her to sleep. Let her play. Let her get exhausted. Wear her out. You know, there's a reason why I run myself ragged all day -- if I don't tire these kids out, they don't go down easy. Did Ten nap ok today?

Sometimes in the middle of the night, if/when they wake, if I'm angry, I make myself laugh. I think of a good thought. I know it'll pass and I know that they will outgrow it.

One of the posts I'm working on for my blog is about how different it is this second time around. With Nora I worried and got angry when she would wake thru the night, or not go to sleep. With Finn, I take it for what it is, and work thru it and try not to get angry b/c I do know it will end.

I'm trying to apply that same logic to Nora now, as she goes thru what she's going thru, her growing pains. I wonder why I freak out about her hitting, for example, or throwing fits, or not listening, and wonder "What am I doing wrong, how do I fix it!?" when I don't worry about those things with Finn. If I apply the same logic, things WILL work out, she will outgrow whatever stage/funk she is in, she will grow and change and evolve. If I don't worry about Finn doing these things, I can't worry about Nora doing these things.

Oh I'm rambling. But. Point is == don't WORRY. You will survive this, she will survive this, and it'll be ok.

I love this quote:

"Don't stand unmoving outside the door of a crying baby whose only desire is to touch you. Go to your baby. Go to your baby a million times. Demonstrate that people can be trusted, that the environment can be trusted, that we live in a benign universe." = peggy o'mara

hug2.gif

#342 ·
hug.gif
JJ. It's tough. I agree with everything Carrie said.

I was the same with Ryan. I got upset over everything, wondering what I was doing wrong, what was wrong with him. I now realize that the answer to both of those questions was nothing. One of the best things I learned was to just go with the flow, not try to force things. I can't make another person do anything they really don't want to do.

#344 ·
Quote:

Aw, JJ. Take a few deep breaths. Things WILL get better. You're not a bad mama. If you're at the end of your rope, take a break. Getting angry with her isn't a good place to be, so breathe deep. This too shall pass.

Maybe don't try to get her to sleep. Let her play. Let her get exhausted. Wear her out. You know, there's a reason why I run myself ragged all day -- if I don't tire these kids out, they don't go down easy. Did Ten nap ok today?

Sometimes in the middle of the night, if/when they wake, if I'm angry, I make myself laugh. I think of a good thought. I know it'll pass and I know that they will outgrow it.

One of the posts I'm working on for my blog is about how different it is this second time around. With Nora I worried and got angry when she would wake thru the night, or not go to sleep. With Finn, I take it for what it is, and work thru it and try not to get angry b/c I do know it will end.

I'm trying to apply that same logic to Nora now, as she goes thru what she's going thru, her growing pains. I wonder why I freak out about her hitting, for example, or throwing fits, or not listening, and wonder "What am I doing wrong, how do I fix it!?" when I don't worry about those things with Finn. If I apply the same logic, things WILL work out, she will outgrow whatever stage/funk she is in, she will grow and change and evolve. If I don't worry about Finn doing these things, I can't worry about Nora doing these things.

Oh I'm rambling. But. Point is == don't WORRY. You will survive this, she will survive this, and it'll be ok.

I love this quote:

"Don't stand unmoving outside the door of a crying baby whose only desire is to touch you. Go to your baby. Go to your baby a million times. Demonstrate that people can be trusted, that the environment can be trusted, that we live in a benign universe." = peggy o'mara

hug2.gif
Gah. Ok, she's sleeping. I could hear her starting to quiet a bit, and I didn't want to risk her falling asleep after crying. While I totally know my limits and when I need a second away, I also know that I couldn't stand to let her fall asleep all alone and sad like that :(

Her naps have sucked too. She's sleeping 20-30 minutes, and then waking up wide eyed and not going back down, even after nursing. Today though she did actually get a one hour one in, but then basically didn't nap at all in the afternoon- 15 minutes maybe at about 530?

We've tried keeping her up later, but she starts to absolutely melt down at about 715pm every day, sometimes it's not even that late. If we wait longer she's pretty much inconsolable. Last night was the same with getting her to bed, and then she finally fell asleep, slept for 10 minutes after I put her down, and then woke up wide awake. I brought her out here into the living room, and tried to put her down to play, and she was a shrieky mess. She wouldn't even sit with DH while I poured myself a drink and got myself ready to bed. I took her to bed with me, thinking maybe a change of scenery would help. Even nursing sidelying, it still took three switches of sides and about 30 minutes to get her to fall back asleep. DH slept on the couch because he didn't want to be in there with us. I don't blame him, I kinda wanted the couch! lol

I've been trying to keep her busier, because I thought the same thing, and DH has asked it too, that maybe she's just bored during the day and not getting enough excitement, but we've been going outside, and we got a new toy we've been exploring (it's one of those big wooden cubes with different things on each side), and every day this week we've had an aunt come over to play and visit... but none of it seems to be making a difference. I don't know if going out out would help, as in going to the mall, or somewhere on the bus or something. I may have to try.

I totally totally get what you mean about not worrying. It's just the lack of sleep. I try so ahrd to stay positive day to day, but I am so freaking tired, and then nighttime rolls around, and I start out so positive that tonight will bet he night, she's going to sleep well, and we're going to get rest, etc etc etc... and then she starts up again, and all I can think is "I'm literally too tired to walk the house with you baby, I'm going to fall over!" Sometimes when she cried in the middle of the night, honestly the thought of having to go to her makes me dizzy. And I know the obvious answer for most AP parents is to bring her into the bed, but it's worse. I barely slept at all last night. I was hoping maybe that would be the magic key, but I keep trying it again and again, and it just doesn't work.

Anyways, I'm just saying, I get what you mean, and I think if I could just get enough/more sleep, then I wouldn't care. I know that developmentally, she's going to get through it, and it's all good and normal etc etc. It's just that that doesn't help when she's going on 90 minutes of fighting sleep, or her 8th wakeup of the night, and I want to cry I'm so tired, kwim?

And yes yes yes! Love that quote. That's why every time I leave the room, I come back as soon as I can. I'm frustrated. I need a break. I need to collect my thoughts. But I don't for a second look at it as her needing to just push through it and fall asleep. That makes me sad. :( I like when she falls asleep in my arms, cozy and dreaming peacefully!

ok, now I'm gonna go eat the food I cooked and burnt 45 minutes ago, and take some more deep breaths. I feel like sometimes all I do is vent to you guys, but you keep me sane, honestly. <3

#346 ·
Could she be teething? Not that you haven't thought of that already. I think the teething strips are a freaking GODSEND.

I hope you get some sleep. I really honestly truly feel your pain. Nora was Tenley. And you WILL survive. And so will she. And someday, you'll go to tuck her in bed, and she'll look at you with those big eyes and say, "Just go, mama. I'm really tired." Like Nora did tonight. And your work will all have been worth it.
hug.gif

POX ON AF!!
censored.gif
You knew it. You knew she was coming!!! Ugh. I'm sorry!!! Hopefully by then she'll have slowed down so you can enjoy the beach!!!

#347 ·
She is teething, but she's been dosed up on teething tablets, and off and on with tylenol too. It seems like it helps sometimes, but nights like tonight, she wasn't showing any teething pain, no chewing, no intense need to nurse, no fingers in her mouth... just... fussy and wired. At least when I can tell it's teething pain I have tons and tons of sympathy for her! lol

AF- I know, at least I could tell she was on her way and had a heads up. I think that makes it like a 6 day LP though or something like that. lol. I know it'll change though. It'll be interesting to see what my patterns do these next few months. It used to be like clockwork.

I need to go buy a bathing suit tomorrow. I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it. My boobs look freaking fantastic. My love handles... well, multiple people could hold on for dear life. lol.

#348 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

Even nursing sidelying, it still took three switches of sides and about 30 minutes to get her to fall back asleep.
What is going on with that girl?!

Honestly, though, this is what I do every night several times a night when D nurses. I really think that's within normal. I don't know what else to say about it. That probably doesn't help or make you feel any better.

Can your dh take her at least once during the night so you can get some sleep? Or hire a mother's helper to come over during the day so you can get a break, some rest, or maybe even some sleep? It's ok to make it a big deal.

I'm in between bathing suit sizes. My nursing suit is too big. If I jumped in the water, the bottoms would probably fall off.
lol.gif
But my regular suit is still a little too tight for my liking, especially in the boobs.

I'm up because everyone is asleep and I want some "me" time. Finishing up a pair of socks. I'll regret it tomorrow, I'm sure.

#349 ·
I actually stopped temping and am only recording CF until I see signs of fertility again.
angry.gif
It was too much thought and I'm having wayyyyy too many ttc thoughts (which I knew would happen)! I know myself too well. I need to take a step back. I do like temping/charting b/c I can know when to expect AF but if nothing is happening I just get way too in my head about things.

Ugh, Poor JJ. I'm going to vote phase. She gave you a few good nights to regroup and now she's back at it again. I'm sorry.

Finn had a rougher than normal night too. Lots of nursing, I know I even switched sides which means he did more than twice in a row on one side (any more than that and I leak too much and get engorged still...) and twice on the other, and then he was up by 7! Coffee! Please!! Stat!!!

Going to the beach today! My bathing suit is good. I'm almost tempted to wear my two piece but I think I'll just wear my tankini. Much easier to chase kids and not worry about love handles and fat rolls.

#351 ·
Boo for AF travelling along beach trips!

JJ: totally a phase.

I have a migrain today. + early pregnancy exhaustion = mama is sleeping or laying on the couch all day in a heated fog. ugh. Need to feel better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.