June Rockstar (formerly Whatever'ing) Mamas 2012 - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 409 Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh I meant to tell you guys. Did you see the pics of Ava playing with the big baby doll on FB? She loves that doll. It's bigger than her. But she likes to hold it, kiss it and try to feed her bottle to the baby. DH and I were laying in bed playing with Ava and the doll the other morning and DH said "She's so funny with this doll. It's almost like she wants to be a big sister." bigeyes.gif I just laughed and said "Uh huh!"....gah!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#392 of 409 Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM

Nutroegena (sp?) sunscreen for sensitive skin always worked ok for us in a pinch. Ethan has extremely sensitive skin and it never caused him to get a rash. It doesn't use chemical sunscreens, just minerals. I haven't been able to find it lately, though, so I don't know if it's still made/sold in stores.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#393 of 409 Old 07-01-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Nutroegena (sp?) sunscreen for sensitive skin always worked ok for us in a pinch. Ethan has extremely sensitive skin and it never caused him to get a rash. It doesn't use chemical sunscreens, just minerals. I haven't been able to find it lately, though, so I don't know if it's still made/sold in stores.

Oooh I saw Nutragena Baby at Target the other day. Maybe I should try that. It looked pretty good.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#394 of 409 Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Oooh I saw Nutragena Baby at Target the other day. Maybe I should try that. It looked pretty good.

read the label because only the sensitive skin one uses minerals instead of chemicals.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#395 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Day one of vacation is boring . Trying to work on potty training, but the boy will sit all day and not do anything. *sigh*

Norah is sleeping well, yay!

Sunscreen, we use a pure and simple one. But we don't have sensitive skin either.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#396 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 AM

What's the vacation for, the 4th? Sean has a wacky leave; 12:30 pm today until 6 pm Thursday. That means he has to work Monday, gets Tuesday-Thursday off, and then has to work Friday. If they're going to do that, why not just give them the whole week? Makes no sense. And, of course, Sean doesn't actually get off until about 4:30 today because he's scheduled to get his Blackberry set up. Who was the genius who scheduled that? eyesroll.gif

Dylan is driving me crazy! He's fussy, fussy, fussy but I don't know what he wants. He keeps acting like he wants to nurse but then just nibbles on me, which doesn't exactly feel good.

We had some crazy weather last night. Just as I was leaving the mall with Ethan and Kellen a wild wind blew in. It was so hard that I had to hold Kellen's hand and pull him to the car. I considered going back into the mall but we only live maybe a mile away. We lost power for a few hours and it rained a bit. Now it's back to hot!

#397 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, originally we intended to come up there, but money is too tight to travel that far.

I can't let Norah nurse like that. Nipples are too sensitive. I have to imagine she is getting enough since she isn't exactly gobbling up the solids offered, and has enough wet diapers. Maybe his tummy is upset? Teething?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#398 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Yeah, originally we intended to come up there, but money is too tight to travel that far.
I can't let Norah nurse like that. Nipples are too sensitive. I have to imagine she is getting enough since she isn't exactly gobbling up the solids offered, and has enough wet diapers. Maybe his tummy is upset? Teething?

Bummer that you couldn't travel. How long does it take you to get here?

Yeah, I'm not letting him do that, which then just makes him more fussy. I was thinking teething maybe. He's due for his 1 year molars, especially since all his other teeth were so early. I can't feel anything or get him to open his mouth enough to see.

I thought I might have been getting af.gif Saturday. There was just the slightest bit of brownish once when I wiped and I was crampy. But since then all I've had is lots of what appears to be ewcf. Maybe I'm Oing. That would also explain the romantical thoughts about dh. winky.gif

#399 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Yeah that's actually been one of the hardest things for me with Ava's birth. I *still* have trouble connecting the Ava I was pregnant with and saw that morning in the hospital with the Ava I met in the NICU and have at home now. I've spent hours looking at the pictures from that day to connect the two Avas in my head. It still feels like the Ava I was pregnant with died.

Yeah, I can see how that would be hard. The baby you prepared for is almost 'gone' now, and the Ava you have is a totally new baby with new needs and concerns. 

Quote:

Oh I meant to tell you guys. Did you see the pics of Ava playing with the big baby doll on FB? She loves that doll. It's bigger than her. But she likes to hold it, kiss it and try to feed her bottle to the baby. DH and I were laying in bed playing with Ava and the doll the other morning and DH said "She's so funny with this doll. It's almost like she wants to be a big sister." bigeyes.gif I just laughed and said "Uh huh!"....gah!

Too funny!!  We need to get Ten a doll. I'm torn between finding a vintage cabbage patch type doll, and forking out some dough and getting her a good waldorfy doll. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Sunscreen, we use a pure and simple one. But we don't have sensitive skin either.

Yay for sleep!!

I use whatever on myself, and have never really thought about it, but I want to try to find one with a bit less chemicals in it for Ten. I'm pretty sure I'm using coppertone though. lol. But yeah, we've just been avoiding the sun for the most part, or only being out for short times. So the beach was the first time she needed it. And then yesterday we were walking around the park, so we put some on her as well. Now I only have half a sample packet left, so it's time to buy some to at least have on hand!

The hotel was really nice. It was such a big deal to me that DH said yes without it being a totally overthought and drawn out guilt trip process, and that totally set the tone for the night. We checked in, and then actually moved rooms, because the first one the A/C was broken. So they put us on the top floor, with a gorgeous view of both downtown and the forks where the fireworks were. We went swimming, which was so awesome, saltwater pool. Then we came back, got ready and walked down to the forks (the park, big tourist destination). We walked around for a bit with Ten in the Boba, got mini donuts, and walked along the river, and then walked back to the hotel. Ordered dinner, which was so good, and I get 50% off, so so much freaking food!  We ordered poutine, which was a big enough portion for an entire meal, and then Rob ordered a kobe beef burger and fries, and I ordered my typical clubhouse sandwich and fries. We ordered off the kids menu for Ten, figuring it would give us a bit of extra snacks and stuff for the evening (oh, I'm laughing in hindsight), and the portion was definitely adult sized-- a massive pile of fries and coleslaw, and then two mini grilled chicken sliders on garlic toast buns- one whole chicken breast split between the two. With a tip, it was $34. And then they sent up a free red velvet cake with fresh strawberries for dessert as a surprise.  My sandwich comes with avocado which I don't like, so I got them to put it on the side. So Ten had some shredded up chicken breast, half an avocado, a handful of coleslaw and two french fries. It was crazy! She just kept shoveling it in. 

After dinner arrived, my 21 year old SIL and her friend got there to spend some time with us, so we finished eating and went back to the pool for a while, and then came back to the room, got changed, we watched out the window for a bit (the hotel is right downtown so it's a crazy view), and then nursed Ten to sleep, she was konked out in like 4 minutes. Put her into the far bed (we got a room with two doubles), and then we all crowded around the window and watched downtown while we waited for the fireworks. Fireworks went off, then Rob and I stayed up for another 30 minutes or so listening to stuff on the fire/ambulance scanner, and watching out the window, and then went to bed. Ten slept pretty well, and then we all woke up shortly before 8, got packed, ordered breakfast, showered and headed home. All in all it was such a nice relaxing evening away, and so nice to spend time as a family. 

And then we got home. 

Last night after my SIL got to the hotel, she laughed and told us that while she was at our house grabbing some drinks to bring, she dropped a can, it got a hole in it, and she had to wipe down all the cupboards, haha, it was a mess, but she cleaned it up, though the cupboards probably need another wipedown. 

Let's put it this way... We got home at like 11, it's 12:50pm now, and my MIL just left, after coming over to help us clean up the atrocity that was our house (SIL is at the beach all day). 

Ok, so this is the view (old old picture, but you get it,) from our front window/entry. To the right where you can see the room with the brown wall, is the kitchen. Straight ahead is our room, just to the right of that is Tenley's room, and behind the loveseat is the bathroom. She dropped a can of cherry dr pepper, in the kitchen. It hit pretty much every single surface pictured in this photo, as well as ALL of the kitchen. Like everything on our kitchen table, inside one of the cupboards that was open, INSIDE the bowl of my kitchenaid mixer, on the ceiling... Thankfully both bedroom doors were closed, so only the doors got coated, but the bathroom was open, so we had to wash the walls, the tile, the vanity, and the countertop. In the living room the walls were coated, the front window, (which remember, is BEHIND ME in this photo!), Tenley's playmats which are under where I'm standing in this photo, both couches, the TV, my laptop which was on the coffee table in front of the couch. It coated her pack and play, which is currently beside the loveseat, and her high chair, which was in between the two. There's also currently a buffet that sits in between the couch and loveseat on the wall on the left there. It has our photo albums on it. Yup. Sprayed. The floor was coated- I had to get down on my hands and knees and wash the entire thing. Thank God that rug no longer exists, it would have been toast. 

5733_236856660087_3867643_n.jpg

So.... yeah. That was a sucky way to spend our first two hours home after our staycation. Down on my hands and knees scrubbing my gross floor, and walls and every surface imaginable. So now, we're tired again, frustrated, and 2.5 hours behind where we wanted to be today. On the upside... the house is very clean now! 

Ok. So, going to go catch up on email and other work now, and finish enjoy our day as a family. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#400 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 12:43 PM

July Thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357121/july-2012-rockstar-mamas

IDK Kat. I think the group is due for another girl.

#401 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

Boo to bitey babies, sensitive nipples, birth trauma (hug2.gif), and huge soda messes!  Ugh ugh!

I have a baby that won't nap!  Gah!!  Yesterday he skipped his 2nd nap and today he fought it as well.  I'm waiting 10 more minutes before I try again.  Send me patience.  I'm NOT ready for him to take one short nap a day!!!

We have tooth #4!  It broke thru!  

What else?  

Since deciding to pursue being a doula my baby fever is all but GONE.  I'm trying to figure out if that's why or if it's just that things are a bit harder lately.  Not sure.  

MW - strange about the brown.  Hmm.  Maybe it is/was O?  Go figure?  My cycle was def annovulatory.  I'm eager to see what this cycle brings.  Going to probably be more diligent about temping just to see.

JJ - your staycation sounds lovely!  I'm sorry you had to come home to such a mess, but at least b/w good food and good memories, it was worth it!!!

I STILL have a sinus infection.  All I want to do is sit on my ass and eat carbs.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#402 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Dylan's been taking only 1 nap in the middle of the day for at least a week now. It's actually making it a lot easier to go out and do things.

#403 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Mine took a short 45 min nap in the morning, around 11. Usually he's ready again by 330 and goes right down again till 5 or so. Love that nap!! Today, he really fought it. Popping on and off, laughing, smiling at me., so cute but so frustrating. As soon as i give up, he'd start wailing and rubbing his eyes!!

Tomorrow they're doing take your baby to the matinee at our movie theater., id love to go, but it's rock of ages, which id love to see, but i'd have to bring nora too. What do you guys think of a kid her age being there for a pg 13 movie? Sex, risque dancing, language, drinking, etc? I think it's not worth it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#404 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 02:21 PM

I wouldn't go. I don't know what Rock of Ages is. I have let Ethan and Kellen watch PG-13 movies, Jurassic Park and Captain America, Avatar, maybe. Are those pg-13? I'm more bothered by sex and drug use than violence.

#405 of 409 Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM

^Me too.

Rock of ages plot summary: http://www.fandango.com/rockofages_v476995/plotsummary

#406 of 409 Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

I am not a Tom Cruise fan and just have no desire to see it. But that's me.

Gabe was funny last night - I laid down with him for bed time and he cuddled up to me, said nurse, and made nursing/slurpy sounds for a while. He has tried to actually nurse before with no success, I guess he lost his latch, and I have no desire what so ever to try to nurse 3 babies. (one toddler and two babies)

I am tired, but since I now know why I am tired, it doesn't seem so bad. because I am embracing it rather than fighting it perhaps?

Lake time today! whoohoo - love being in the water!

Boo for non-napping babies.

#407 of 409 Old 07-03-2012, 05:36 AM

Yay for lake time!!!

Weird... I posted last night, but it's not showing up... anyone see it? It would have been just before kat's last post, I think. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#408 of 409 Old 07-03-2012, 05:49 AM

JJ ~ You have a post in the July thread.

#409 of 409 Old 07-03-2012, 05:51 AM

Ahhhh! Got it. My brain just assumed this one was the July. I didn't even bother reading the title. 

Carry on then, just wanted to make sure I had actually responded to the things I thought I had!

Tags
Baby , Baby Food , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page