June Rockstar (formerly Whatever'ing) Mamas 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 409 Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I got mine from Etsy. There are tons on there. I got this one: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/72803799.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#62 of 409 Old 06-09-2012, 04:36 PM

These are really pretty too!  Not etsy, but still.

http://www.mommynecklaces.com/

Anyone want to post stats?  Finn like I said had his 9 mo wbv and here is what his measurements are:

Finn at birth : 9 lbs, 21" ? head (mw didn't do it)

6 months:  21 lbs, 28.5" long!  His head is 17.25".  

9 mo visit: 25 lb 4 oz, 31" long (!!!), 18" head 

I can and can't believe he grew so much since 6 months!  What a bruiser he is!!  

He's really thinning out tho -- his legs are losing the chub.  I'm going to miss his thighs!!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#63 of 409 Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

It's really no more training than them being in the diaper though- you hear/smell/feel them go in their diaper and are then required to change it right? The only difference is that you're putting in the work before they pee/poop instead of cleaning it up after. And same as T cues me to nurse, she's starting to sign for potty a bit too. 

Yeah for me, it's really about ME being trained, not DD. Although I will say that it will be awesome if her familiarity with the potty will carry over in to her toddler stage because changing toddler and preschool poop dipes are GROSS! I mean I'll do it if I have to but I'd much prefer to be able to just put DD on the potty and let her do her thing. Even if she's still wearing dipes to catch pee. Although she spent most of the past couple of days diaper-free and no accidents so maybe she's more conditioned than I realized? She's been waking up dry or mostly dry from naps and waiting to pee until I put her on the toilet. shrug.gif

Happy belated birthday K!!! 5 years old, man what a big boy!

Baby_Cakes, I'm loosely charting, just CM and AF right now. I found my therm this morning so I need to get a new battery for it. DD has started sleeping from about 3 AM until 7-8 AM w/out waking really so I could start temping. We'll see. DH would probably try to have himself committed to an insane asylum if we had an oops but I would be ok with it.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#64 of 409 Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

These are really pretty too!  Not etsy, but still.

http://www.mommynecklaces.com/

Anyone want to post stats?  Finn like I said had his 9 mo wbv and here is what his measurements are:

Finn at birth : 9 lbs, 21" ? head (mw didn't do it)

6 months:  21 lbs, 28.5" long!  His head is 17.25".  

9 mo visit: 25 lb 4 oz, 31" long (!!!), 18" head 

I can and can't believe he grew so much since 6 months!  What a bruiser he is!!  

He's really thinning out tho -- his legs are losing the chub.  I'm going to miss his thighs!!!  

What a big boy!

Ava's stats:

Birth: 7 lbs 5 oz 19"

9 month visit: 14 lbs 9 oz 25"

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#65 of 409 Old 06-10-2012, 10:56 AM

OMG! Ava is such a bitty thing and Finn is a bruiser!

I'll have to wait til I get home and can look things up for Dylan, but ...

at birth: 8 lbs. 12 oz., probably around 20-21" long

10 months: 20 lbs. and at least 28" long

We should be heading home tomorrow.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#66 of 409 Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM

We're kind of in the middle. 

Birth: 8lb8oz and 22 inches long

6 Months:  16lbs and about 27" long. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#67 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

oooh! Stats and the perfect day - Norah is 8 months old today!

so: Birth - 7 lbs 12 oz - 20.5 inches

6 months - 16 lbs 12 oz 27 inches

8 months - 17 lbs 15 oz,  27.5 inches.

She is pulling up to stand, officially crawling, sitting herself up, and trying to walk behind things with wheels. Babbles, kind of STTN (she might if I let her - but I bring her to bed when I go, so as not to disturb Gabe whenever she might wake up)

so big!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#68 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Happy 8 months baby girl!!!  she's getting so big and doing so much!!!  

Such fun.

I didn't realize how much bigger Finn is than the other babies.  Ha!  No wonder my arm and back kill me.  LOL!!

I started temping.  Booorrrrinnnngggg.  sleeping.gif

Going to run to Kohls today for some tshirts for the kids and sneakers.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#69 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM

I don't take my babies to checkup's usually (no vax = kinda pointless) but A was:

birth: 5lbs 14.5 ounces (38w2d) 19 inches

9 months: 14lbs 12 ounces 25 inches

Now at 14 months she is about 17.4 pounds according to my scale (which seems to be pretty accurate)  and I have no idea about the length. 

My kids are kinda smallish - but I don't mind lol.gif Although, I think I would mind more if they LOOKED skinny (no offense to any kids that do - just personal preference). Even though mine are small, they are very proportional. They still have bubble butts and thunder thighs orngtongue.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#70 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 AM

OMG - I keep forgetting!!! Happy B-day to K! I srsly can't believe he is 5! I had no idea. How old is E?

Happy 8 months to Norah thumb.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#71 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Annie  - no check up's here either; but I do have a baby scale and soft tape measure, and keep track myself, since I think it's worthwhile to do.

Happy Birthday K!

Norah is finally napping . . . and I am trying to power through some work. ugh.

Carrie, excititn stuff! I am on CD 38, and counting. Last cycle was 53 days, so we will see how long this one goes. I keep having rolling dates in my head, that if I don't get AF by, I will test. It worked last cycle, and I got AF before I thought I should POAS. should buy some dollar tree tests to keep on hand, or IC. With such stupid cycles, avoiding or using condoms when I *think* I'm fertile isn't entirely fool proof.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#72 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 05:14 PM

We're home! I know Ryan made a big effort cleaning up but for the first time in my life I feel like scrubbing everything from top to bottom. lol.gif

OMG, annie! A was tiny! And, hey! My kids are skinny. What are you trying to say? pinktongue.gif Poor Kellen. I bought him some size 4T shorts for this summer and he has to hold them when he runs because they fall down. Ethan has actually been starting to fill out lately. His butt is getting rounder. So cut. He's 8.5, by the way.

Who does and does not have their cycle back? Regular or wacky? Still nothing here but I have been having worse cramps the last week or so. shrug.gif

#73 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Aww little Kellen! Nora is skinny and wears a 4T, tho it depends on the brand. skirts usually have to be 3T and some shorts that are 2T fit her fine.
And she fits in Finns clothes!

I'm just over AF obv so no idea if anything is wacky. I'll keep you posted.

I've had such a day!! Don't tell Chris, but I got all the way home from kohls and realized I had left my wallet in the cart in the parking lot. I threw Finn back into the car and flew back...called the store on the way which I never do while driving...got there and lo and behold the cart was still where I left it, and my wallet inside. Someone was watching out for me, seriously!! It had been at least 30 min and in the middle of the day, it's busy over there. I'm lucky. What a pain that would have been!!!

I need to get more sleep, I'm going nuts. Sooooo scatter brained and distracted. It's catching up to me!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#74 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM

Glad you made it home safely! That can't be a fun drive. I'm supposed to ride up to Columbia MD w/my mom on Friday w/Ava and I'm not looking forward to it. We haven't done a long car ride with her in months so who knows how she will do. And there's always the possibility of getting stuck on the Beltway and that just makes me want to scream!

I have my cycle back, have had it back since 6 weeks PP. I'm pretty regular, 25-29 day cycle w/EWCM between CD 9-15 for the most part. I need to start temping again.

People always comment on how tiny Ava is and it kind of makes me upset. I always tell myself that they are just making conversation and she is "small" but it still makes me feel defensive inside like I want to retort back "well let's cut your chest open a couple of times and see how you do growing!" but most people don't even know about her CHD so that's not why they are saying it. I think I'm also sensitive to it because the question about Noonan Syndrome is still out there and I'm always concerned that she's stopped growing. But I have to keep getting the next size clothes out so that must mean something right?

#75 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

People always comment on how tiny Ava is and it kind of makes me upset. I always tell myself that they are just making conversation and she is "small" but it still makes me feel defensive inside like I want to retort back "well let's cut your chest open a couple of times and see how you do growing!" but most people don't even know about her CHD so that's not why they are saying it. I think I'm also sensitive to it because the question about Noonan Syndrome is still out there and I'm always concerned that she's stopped growing. But I have to keep getting the next size clothes out so that must mean something right?

It did cross my mind that that might bother you. Really, what I was commenting on was the two extremes, Ava on one end and Finn on the other. I can understand the protectiveness about her being small because my boys are so small as kids. But look at annie's little A. She's just about the same size, isn't she?

Ugh, the beltway! I learned to drive on that. 66 is worse, though. I thought I'd get on 66E to the beltway to 95S since I left at 11. 66E was a parking lot so I took 50 to 123.

Dylan was pretty good in the car. He slept most of the way. When he was awake in the middle of the drive he was having fun blowing raspberries. So cute! He did cry for the last hour. There was no point in me stopping because he was just tired of being in the car. Ethan was pretty good at entertaining him some.

Carrie ~ So you can picture how small Kellen is. I was actually thinking the other day that it would be fun to see him with Norah because Norah is probably bigger/taller.

Official stats for Dylan

Birth: 8 lbs., 12 oz. and 21 inches long

6 months: 18.3 lbs. and 27 inches long

9 months: 20 lbs. and 28.25 inches long

10 months: 20 lbs. still

Annie ~ He may be bigger but he was born bigger. He's gaining slowly, which concerns me periodically until I see how he's developing quickly in other areas. My point is that actual size doesn't matter. It's continued growth and development that's important.

#76 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Those Dylan's stats? I am confused.

Annie- Ava's mom - it's hard to not be defensive. I was with Gabe, bc he was always on the small end weight wise. I love having a chunk, though it makes clothes buying unpredictable. Ava is growing! That's great! You have so much stuff you need to worry about, I am sure, I hope her growth really isn't one of them.

I am so tired. Ugh. Our first long car ride wi be to easyernNCover the 4th. I sure hope it goes ok.

I have my cycle back, such as it is. I wish it was regular.

#77 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Thanks ladies. I know intellectually she's growing, her pedi isn't concerned and her cardiologists have never been concerned (they even told the nutritionist to back off because she wanted Ava taking in more and gaining more). They all like to point out that I'm not the jolly green giant so it's most likely that she would have been tiny regardless of any health issues. It's just that it seriously gets mentioned ALL.THE.FREAKING.TIME when we have her out. People say two things about Ava a)how cute she is and b)how tiny she is. I start wondering if she really looks that different from other babies, you know? But yeah, Annie's DD is pretty much the same size as Ava so I know she's fine. But man, can you imagine when we get the babies together in Sept? They are going to be giants next to Ava! ROTFLMAO.gif

#78 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:

They all like to point out that I'm not the jolly green giant so it's most likely that she would have been tiny regardless of any health issues.

Yep, I know how that goes. With me being only 5 feet and dh only 5'6" it's pretty much a given that our boys are going to be small.
Quote:

It's just that it seriously gets mentioned ALL.THE.FREAKING.TIME when we have her out. People say two things about Ava a)how cute she is and b)how tiny she is. I start wondering if she really looks that different from other babies, you know?

I would guess that her smallness contributes to her cuteness. I go all crazy over little babies because I have bigger babies. Little babies are so cute to me!
Quote:

But man, can you imagine when we get the babies together in Sept? They are going to be giants next to Ava! ROTFLMAO.gif

It is going to be so fun seeing all the babies and kids together. They are so close in age and sort of graduated ages. Who's really good at taking photos and/or has a really good camera? Carrie? I saw you were getting into editing. We have to get a good shot of all of them (and all of us)!

Forgot to link this: http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/basics/story/2012-06-06/child-safety-seat-latch/55452346/1

My friend emailed it to me. Basically, it says not to use the LATCH system when the carseat + child is 65 lbs.

#79 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Oh yes, I'll have my camera!!! Im really starting to get into photo shop. We need a group picture. I can't wait to see all the babies together!!

Lauri, whatever Ava lacks in size she makes up for and then some with her personality. She is so spunky!!
I think it goes both ways. Finn is obv big. People comment. He looks much older than he is bc of his size, and I wonder if people think im feeding him too much or something. We can't control what people think, all we can do is frame it positively.

Big or small, healthy is what really matters!! And our babies run the gamut of sizes, but are all thankfully and finally healthy!

Mw, lol about your house! Does it feel good to be home?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#80 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

OMG, annie! A was tiny! And, hey! My kids are skinny. What are you trying to say? pinktongue.gif Poor Kellen. I bought him some size 4T shorts for this summer and he has to hold them when he runs because they fall down. Ethan has actually been starting to fill out lately. His butt is getting rounder. So cut. He's 8.5, by the way.

Was tiny?!? More like IS tiny lol.gif I should have clarified, my BABIES are little but still chunky. M especially is soooo skinny. She is starting to get some butt and belly to her, but she is still pretty tiny. At 3 1/2 she can still easily fit into 2T and lots of things have to be tightened or they fall down orngtongue.gif

Quote:

I've had such a day!! Don't tell Chris, but I got all the way home from kohls and realized I had left my wallet in the cart in the parking lot. I threw Finn back into the car and flew back...called the store on the way which I never do while driving...got there and lo and behold the cart was still where I left it, and my wallet inside. Someone was watching out for me, seriously!! It had been at least 30 min and in the middle of the day, it's busy over there. I'm lucky. What a pain that would have been!!!
I need to get more sleep, I'm going nuts. Sooooo scatter brained and distracted. It's catching up to me!

This is soooo something I would do! I literally have to check re/check that I have everything about a hundred times because I am so scatter brained! I saw your post on FB about being scatter brained and that you were going to message your friend and I went and checked here to see if you said anything. I'm such a nose ball redface.gif

Quote:

Thanks ladies. I know intellectually she's growing, her pedi isn't concerned and her cardiologists have never been concerned (they even told the nutritionist to back off because she wanted Ava taking in more and gaining more). They all like to point out that I'm not the jolly green giant so it's most likely that she would have been tiny regardless of any health issues. It's just that it seriously gets mentioned ALL.THE.FREAKING.TIME when we have her out. People say two things about Ava a)how cute she is and b)how tiny she is. I start wondering if she really looks that different from other babies, you know? But yeah, Annie's DD is pretty much the same size as Ava so I know she's fine. But man, can you imagine when we get the babies together in Sept? They are going to be giants next to Ava! ROTFLMAO.gif

hug2.gifmomma! From your stats, it looks like A is about the same as....A (that's funny! I never realized we not only are both Annie, but we both have A and they are both tiny!! ROTFLMAO.gif) at 9 months. Even the same length. I don't remember if it bothered me that M (who was also LITERALLY the same size as A. J was slightly bigger) was ALWAYS called tiny or not since it was so long ago, but of course I don't have your medical worries either. 

If it makes you feel any better, both M and A were called tiny ALL.THE.FREAKING.TIME too. Now I just beat everyone to the punch. "How old is she?" "Oh, she's 14 months, she's tiny" lol.gif "Yes, she is soooo small!" 

Quote:

Oh yes, I'll have my camera!!! Im really starting to get into photo shop. We need a group picture. I can't wait to see all the babies together!!
Lauri, whatever Ava lacks in size she makes up for and then some with her personality. She is so spunky!!

I am still jealous you all are getting together Sheepish.gif We will have to photoshop me and JJ in! ha ha ha

YES - Ava is freaking hilarious. I can't believe some of the things she does that you post of FB. She totally cracks me up!

On another funny note - I told Arianna to go "get her shoes" while I was trying to do M's hair because she was trying to pull the hair ties. She totally got her shoes!!!! I couldn't believe it - they grow up so fast love.gif

MW - My kids slow their growth waaaaaay down. They have all been born at about 6 pounds, at 4 months they are all at least 14 pounds, and then at 14 months A is still only 17 pounds! LOL

I am betting since you have big babies but small kids, their weight would pretty much have to come to a standstill too. It seems they still get longer/taller though.

Glad you made it home safe thumb.gif

#81 of 409 Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:

*hugs* A woman in my DDC has been dealing with tongue tie and latch issues and just so so much since her daughter's birth, and I know she gets similar comments a lot and it really gets to her. People don't think before they speak, and that includes us too, and others who mean well. I totally understand what MW is saying- I love tiny babies, and always kind of thought I would have one, so since T isn't (don't get me wrong, she is not huge by any means, but she's not tiny and delicate either), I find it that much more appealing and cute when I see others. So I'm sure I've blurted out stuff to people about how teeny and cute their baby is, without thinking there might be underlying sensitivity. 

I had other things I meant to respond to, but my brain just fizzled out... lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#82 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 AM

Well, you guys got to me.  Finn made the face this morning like he was about to poo, and I thought, well, shoot.  Now I have to try.  I took off his dipe and put him on the potty and ...he pooped in the potty!  One less poop dipe to wash!!

joy.gif

It was easy.  And if I don't think of it as training myself (since I already am trained, I recognize the face he makes and the sounds) then it's no big deal.  I don't feel like I'm doing something ridiculous.  Just don't tell Chris!  Ha!

Awful awful night last night.  Ugh.  

Lauri, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends baby who passed.  My heart was heavy all night.  Prayers and gentle thoughts her way.  

#83 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

yes, I love the picture of her, she is such a doll! and it grieves me to hear of her passing -

I had one little one and one chunky baby :) so I have seen both and gotten both comments. though some people obviously don't know what to say about babies, because I got a comment from a nursery worker (who clearly hasn't been around babies much) asking of Norah was born premature??? WTF? I think Norah is big for her age (No Finn or Dylan to be sure, but still)  and other people say she is big (If ya'll could get a good shot at her thighs . . .) but like Gabe, she doesn't have much belly. Which is a good thing.

Dude, I am sooo tired. I feel like I am drowning in work, I have no idea how to get caught up - I will be doing overtime this weekend, and I hope that helps.

I took the time off to come in September, and I really hope I can. Partly depends on DH, if HE can come, because I am not doing that road trip by myself. It's about 7 hours, according to mapquest (kind of surprised, since Jacksonsville is 5-6). If you factor in baby and pee breaks, and food . . . It will be more like 8-9 hours I am sure.  IOW, I am looking forward to it, but dreading it all at the same time!

*yawn*

#84 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:

Well, you guys got to me.  Finn made the face this morning like he was about to poo, and I thought, well, shoot.  Now I have to try.  I took off his dipe and put him on the potty and ...he pooped in the potty!  One less poop dipe to wash!!

joy.gif

It was easy.  And if I don't think of it as training myself (since I already am trained, I recognize the face he makes and the sounds) then it's no big deal.  I don't feel like I'm doing something ridiculous.  Just don't tell Chris!  Ha!

Awful awful night last night.  Ugh.  

Lauri, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends baby who passed.  My heart was heavy all night.  Prayers and gentle thoughts her way.  

Yay Potty!!   It's funny, amoung "normal" people, Rob is actually more vocal about the EC than I am! He tells family and such about it, whereas I'm trying to keep a little more quiet to avoid the whole people thinking I'm bat$hit crazy thing... lol.

But yes, worth it not to have to change even that one early morning poop diaper! The days I miss it because I wait too long etc, I am a sad sad mama. 

:( Yes Lauri, pass along condolences. I sat staring at her beautiful photo for a while last night. It makes you hug your babies closer. I can't imagine. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I had one little one and one chunky baby :) so I have seen both and gotten both comments. though some people obviously don't know what to say about babies, because I got a comment from a nursery worker (who clearly hasn't been around babies much) asking of Norah was born premature??? WTF? I think Norah is big for her age (No Finn or Dylan to be sure, but still)  and other people say she is big (If ya'll could get a good shot at her thighs . . .) but like Gabe, she doesn't have much belly. Which is a good thing.

Dude, I am sooo tired. I feel like I am drowning in work, I have no idea how to get caught up - I will be doing overtime this weekend, and I hope that helps.

I know! It's funny to see people's perceptions. Tenley is technically on the high end of the growth curve, but people always tell me she's teeny tiny. I'm like ummm no? But same thing- small tummy, big thighs!!

*hugs* I respect you mamas who work, so so much. I can barely keep myself sane around here, let alone have to get ready, leave the house and be productive!

So... Tenley had an amazing night, and I had a horrible one *grumbles*  I started keeping track the other day of wakeups to see if it was as bad as I felt, or if I was exaggerating. For instance, this was the other night:

Sleep: 7:30 up and down every 20 minutes until almost 9. woke up, nursed. back to sleep 9:20

Sleep: 9:20-10:30, up and nurse

Sleep: 10:45-11:10  Nurse.

Sleep:11:25-1:00

Sleep: 1:20-3:40   <<<Longest and only real stretch

Sleep: 3:50-4:25

Sleep: 4:30-5:45  At which point we brought her into bed and she pretty much nursed for the next two hours straight. Every time I pulled her off the breast she would start shrieking at me. I finally gave up and just woke up for the day. 

Last night: 

7:10- Nursed her and cuddled, went down at 7:27

Sleep: 7:27-7:45  nurse

Sleep: 8:02-10:00 Nurse

Sleep: 10:12-11:25   Nurse and wide awake. Talking coo-ing, looking around. 

I brought her out to the living room and she sat with us happy for about half an hour and then fell asleep on my lap. We brought her into bed with us. I didn't write down times, but she only woke three times to feed in between 12-7am. Still not great, but longer stretches than the other night! And it was a deep sleep too, not the usual constant rooting all night she does when she's in bed with us.

But, Rob had his cast changed yesterday and they moved the position of his thumb, so he was in a lot of pain. And he kept waking me up all. night. long. like every 30 minutes or less, to tell me he couldn't sleep, and it hurt so bad, and he needed it to stop. I get it, ok? It sucks, and it hurts, and I am so so sorry that it does, but there's nothing I can do to fix it, and waking me up just makes me angry at you because you know I don't sleep much! Sigh!

#85 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
And he kept waking me up all. night. long. like every 30 minutes or less, to tell me he couldn't sleep, and it hurt so bad, and he needed it to stop. I get it, ok? It sucks, and it hurts, and I am so so sorry that it does, but there's nothing I can do to fix it, and waking me up just makes me angry at you because you know I don't sleep much! Sigh!

I would KILL Chris if he did that.  KILL.  My goodness, men are such babies.  Worse than babies!

I sliced my finger almost OFF when Finn was 2 months old, and I still had to suck it up, sleep with him on me, nurse, change diapers.  I think I maybe cried/complained once and did not wake anyone up to do so!  

Maybe I'll do sleep logs.  Maybe that'll make me feel better about things.  It can't make me feel any worse!

#86 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

OMG! I would be like, go sleep on the couch. or anywhere but near me and the baby! tell him call the doc for stronger pills or something.

Sleep logs . . . ugh. Our night was like . .

8 pm - nurse down to sleep . .

around 9, attempt to transfer to crib. no luck. nurse back down to sleep around 9:30

9:45 - DH gets a phone call, takes in the bedroom where Norah is freaking sleeping, and of course, she wakes up. I take her out in the living room, nurse and cuddle more, and she's back in bed a little after 10.

10:30 - I go lay down with DS to sleep, and that doesn't take long, maybe 30 ish minutes? walk out of the room at 11ish

11ish - Norah wakes again. bloody hell. so I say screw it, I'm going to bed with the baby. I was going have a margarita.

4ish - nice long stretch I think, (she may have needed to pop on a boob; I've lost the paci somewhere in the bed, so she nurses off an on between 4-5:30

5:30 I go find the paci, get up for the day and go to work.

Joyful, isn't it.

Norah is about 50%tile for weight and 75-85% for height. Gabe (looking back) was 10% for weight and the the upper end for height, yet, the funny thing is, his first summer I KNOW he wore 3-6 month stuff, and some 6-12. Norah is quite firmly in 12-18 month things, and 18-24 isn't too big. *sigh* I am afraid she will be in 24 months/2T stuff this winter. and she will have just turned 1. oy.

What do yall do for fun on rainy days?

ETA: world's worst fortune cookie - seriously we got this the other night:

7db41790.jpg

#87 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 AM

But then her weight should level out.  Finn has been in 18-24 mo stuff for awhile, and now with crawling *some* 12 mo stuff fits.  So.  Even if she does grow into that size, she should stay there for awhile!  Long enough to give the clothes some use!

Our night...

830 - nurse down, put him to bed

9 - put Nora to bed

1030 - went up to lay down

nurse a few times b/w 11 - 3 am 

3am WIDE AWAKE.  Rocking, shushing, patting, nursing - nothing works.  About to scream and cry myself.  Switched beds with Chris so I could have the comfy bed.

4am finally he's out.  Lay with him.  Pass out til 645.

Nurse.  He sleeps a bit longer but not me.  I think I dozed for 10 min.

7:15 up for the day.

He's whiny and clingy.  I think it's teeth.

#88 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 AM

Yeah, teeth suck! We've been using the teething tablets, and I feel like they're working, but more on the level of 'keeping her sane' and not 'totally taking her pain away', kwim? I just want her to cut one already! 

It was so hard with DH, because I know it hurts. Hell he had his hand cut open in three places, and then the surgeon fished around, found the tendon, and threaded it back up his wrist to his thumb, and then stitched it together. Then they put a cast on, which held his thumb immobilized. Then yesterday, they took the cast off, moved the thumb around a bunch with no pain meds, and then re-braced it in a different, more severe position. So yes, absolutely believe he's in pain. But- he also has a low pain tolerance, throw in old anxiety issues, and he turns into a ball of joy with the slightest bit of pain. So he was literally waking me up on the verge of breakdown telling me I have to get up, he doesn't know what to do.  Well... I don't either, and you're not listneing to my suggestions. And- if I get out of bed, the baby will wake up, and then I'll have freaking out husband AND shrieky, tired baby on my hands... So... no, I'm not all that eager to get out of bed! Especially since this is the first 'good' sleep I've gotten in a long time. *stomps foots*

He's been good this past week he's been home. .He's not supposed to be using his hand at all, so he's limited in usefullness, but he's still been picking Ten up (with help) and getting down on the floor and playing with her, and at bedtime I get them set up in the bed and they read books for a while and that. So he's trying... but really, even after being home for the week, I don't think he fully comprehends what it's like to be "on" 24 hours a day, for six months and counting. We got into a mini tiff when he was home because it was 11am or so, and I was on the computer while Ten was playing on the floor, and he kept nudging me to get going for the day, and what was I going to do, and ok the day is wasting away, etc etc etc. I finally was like "I know it's hard for you, because this is your "time off" and you want to be productive. But this is my life, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I don't get breaks, I don't get days off. I know stuff needs to get done, and it will get done, but I know what works and what doesn't, and you can't come in here and try to guilt me for sitting down! 

I see that this week of being home all the time has opened his eyes a bit (ie I think he thought I was totally exaggerating about her short sporadic naps, and how much she needs constant entertainment, and now he sees I wasn't really exaggerating at all), but even seeing it, I think he still discounts how much effort it really is. Even things like if we're sitting here on the couch, both on our computers, and she starts fussing while we're playing, he'll look at me to go entertain her. So I will, we'll play, then I'll go clean the kitchen, come back, play for a minute or two, do a load of laundry, come back, change her, go finish the kitchen, come back and sit down at my computer, and he'll sigh and go "Can you watch her for a bit?" While I'm sitting there going WHAT? I've --been-- watching her for the past hour?! AND doing housework! But in his mind, he honestly thinks that because he was sitting 4 feet away from her and smiling at her every now and then, that he was the one 'watching her'. Boys! LOL

PS I forgot about that with your hand Carrie! Yet another way in which we are freaking rockstars!

I have a whole POT of iced coffee in the fridge. I wish I could share with you ladies! It sounds like we all need it this morning!

#89 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Yeah, that's Chris too.  They really don't get it!

I have a whole pot of hot coffee!  Tho -- I need to eat something, I'm getting the shakes from all the caffeine!

And um, ouch.  Yeah that sounds really fraking painful.  Is he on anything now drug wise??  Did the repair work -- will he be able to pursue his career?

Rain here today...kinda mad about it b/c a walk would really be nice, but no dice.  Thought about walking around the mall but that feels like too much work. 

#90 of 409 Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 AM

I'm actually doing good on the food front! I've been very dizzy and lightheaded the past few days and can't figure out why (every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to black out...) so I'm trying to be very diligent about eating. This morning I had a cookie, a banana, and a breakfast sandwich. And I've already had about 20oz of water. Haven't started into the coffee yet!

He's just on T3's and antibiotics. He initially was on naproxen as well, but it's done. He has some function of it (though still very very painful to move) but won't know if he can regain full mobility and function for up to about 12 weeks or more :S  He's in the cast for probably that long, and starting 'rehab' in about 4. 

We're the opposite- it's finally sunny today after several days of yucky yucky weather. I wanted to head up to the store to get some groceries, but the things I need will be too big for the stroller basket. We might just do a walk around the neighborhood, and I think a dip in the hot tub. 

Tags
Baby , Baby Food , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page