June Rockstar (formerly Whatever'ing) Mamas 2012 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, that's a bit more meddlesome than I think a parent has power over a grown child. I understand maybe expressing some concern to you quietly, but not in the sense of "we need to stop this". Unless he knew she was toxic, it's just... not a parent's business. (Which obviously you agree about). It would be different if she was still married and -together-, but if the divorce is in progress... meh. 

This is from the orajel website... haven't done any research of my own though: http://pinterest.com/pin/176203404141395913/

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#242 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 01:51 PM

Thanks. I saw that Carrie posted that on FB. So, I was right that D should get molars next but they are 1 year molars rather than 2 years.

His GF is now legally separated. They have to wait a year to be legally divorced but they are not together at all.

We went to the pool today. I was basically there long enough to put sunscreen on D before they closed it for thunderstorms.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#243 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 02:38 PM

Haha! Sean and I both just realized after opening a card from his dad that our anniversary is tomorrow! We will have been married 12 years! According to my dad, we're beating the odds because most divorces happen in the 11th year of marriage.

Ryan said he'd babysit for us tomorrow so we can go out. I don't know what we'll do, probably just have dinner. I think we'll probably take D with us, too, but he's pretty chill. We'll still be able to relax and talk to each other without the wild ones there.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#244 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Norah has no teeth.

And girlfriend getti g a dIvorce - meh. NBD

Pool today, hope everyone is wore out enough to sleep well.

Norah sleeps fine. I need to work on getting myself to bed earlier. Hard.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#245 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 03:33 PM

He's not upset about the GF getting a divorce. He's upset that Ryan is dating her while she's still legally married, especially to a Marine. If he new the Marine and new that the Marine was seeing someone else, he would be obligated to report that to the Marine's CO. He's applying the morality of that to Ryan's GF, which I think is redic. She is under no obligation or restriction from the Marine Corps, even if she weren't separated.

#246 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Norah has no teeth.
And girlfriend getti g a dIvorce - meh. NBD
Pool today, hope everyone is wore out enough to sleep well.
Norah sleeps fine. I need to work on getting myself to bed earlier. Hard.

This seems like you typed it on a phone or ipad! lol.gif

GO TO BED WOMAN!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Haha! Sean and I both just realized after opening a card from his dad that our anniversary is tomorrow! We will have been married 12 years! According to my dad, we're beating the odds because most divorces happen in the 11th year of marriage.
Ryan said he'd babysit for us tomorrow so we can go out. I don't know what we'll do, probably just have dinner. I think we'll probably take D with us, too, but he's pretty chill. We'll still be able to relax and talk to each other without the wild ones there.

HA!  Congrats on 11 years!  If you go out, have a good time!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#247 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 PM

Ryan's GF came over today with a breastfeeding question for a friend. I guess her friend has been having difficulty and been getting bad advice. Her ped told her to give the baby bottles of formula at night. Her mom told her to give the baby a bottle of formula every 2 hours and nurse every hour or something like that. As soon as I started talking, she and Ryan started laughing. Apparently, Ryan had told them the exact same things but they didn't trust him and wanted to ask me directly instead. love.gif that guy for knowing stuff like that.

#248 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 PM

OMG! I am so sorry to jump in and no personals, but I have been so busy lately!

There is a freaking wildfire burning basically in my backyard, 0% contained. Ugh, all around me is being evacuated so keep me in your thoughts/prayers. 

love.gif ya guys! I'll keep you updated when I can, probably via FB

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#249 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 PM

BTW - I am not *really* worried about my house burning down. I am not right next to forest, but just worried about being evacuated. 

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#250 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM

be safe!

#251 of 409 Old 06-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Kat-  me too! She goes to bed, and then I'm just so blissed out at having alone quiet time, that I savor it, and all of a sudden I realize she's been in bed for 3 hours, and that's sleep I'm missing out on... but I don't want to give up my personal time either. It keeps me sane as much as the sleep does. 

That is awesome about Ryan knowing that much abou breastfeeding. I know I get so proud when I overhear DH answering questions or tlaking to someone about birth or AP or something like that. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

OMG! I am so sorry to jump in and no personals, but I have been so busy lately!

There is a freaking wildfire burning basically in my backyard, 0% contained. Ugh, all around me is being evacuated so keep me in your thoughts/prayers. 

love.gif ya guys! I'll keep you updated when I can, probably via FB

I saw that on FB! Crazy!  Do you have stuff packed if you need to leave quickly? I can't imagine rush packing for that many littles.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#252 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

B safe! That fire is crazy!

Yes, iPhone typing, how'd you guess?? LOL

yay for Ryan giving good breastfeeding advice!

We slept awesome last night. Many more of those please!

I am out of coffee creamer, boo!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#253 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 AM

OMG, I think Tenley needs to come to my house and teach a sleeping seminar to Ava! So.Flippin.Tired. Here's how her night was last night...

8:30 PM: asleep after going in at 8 PM to lay down for bottle and walking to sleep

9:15 PM: awake, back to sleep after being walked again for 10 mins or so

11 PM: awake, bottle and walking back to sleep

11:45 PM: I go in to lay down and she eats on and off for the next two hours

1:30 AM: bottle empty so I go out and get a new bottle. she finally settles around 2 AM

4 AM: Awake again but no more milk so I walk her around to get her back to sleep so I can go pump

4:10 AM: sit down to pump

4:15 AM: Awake again so I make a bottle with what I have so far and get her back to sleep

4:25 AM: sit down to pump again

4:30 AM: Awake again so I go back in with more milk

4:40 AM: sit down to pump again

4:55 AM: go lay back down

7:30 AM: Ava is awake for the day

Running on fumes here and I'm at work...

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#254 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Oh Lauri :(  I feel for you, but I can't even imagine doing it with pumping added in. I know we've all said it before, but I give you so much kudos for exclusively pumping, you really are a rockstar!

That's our normal type pattern for sleep, it's just this week she's deciding to be wonder baby. Last night was wakeups every 2.5 hours... but her bedtime routine was also off, so that makes sense. Tonight was back on track, and she went down really easy... we'll see how the night goes though. I'm trying to just take it night by night and not get my hopes up, but if this is the new normal... holy *&@^ I think I may survive! lol 

Just so I can say I said it, I'm calling that AF is due July 2nd-ish. I had SO much EWCF the last few days that I feel like I could practically guarantee if we DTD I'd be pregnant. I've also had strong O pains. Sigh. I knew it was coming, but would have loved if I was one of those women who had a year or more without any signs of fertility. Seriously though, she's been "on" solids for like 2 weeks! And nowhere near STTN yet. 

I know it's not as exciting for most of you guys, but we have been making EC leaps and bounds, and I am so proud of her! The night she slept through the night, she also stayed dry all night through! And then today, she was dry from 930am until well... bedtime actually. She was a little bit damp when we woke up from her nap, but she was also covered in sweat, so I'm not actually sure it was pee. She pottied at my SIL's house too. I am just sooo excited for her. We're even looking at switching back to the small diaper inserts for the day, because they're less bulky, and she's not soaking her diapers as much. 

#255 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 06:39 PM

Ugh, Annie. It's got to get better soon.

Dylan has been sleeping pretty well. He's been waking often but not staying awake. The weekend has been harder because Sean sleeps with us. I think he's crowded so he's more restless. I really need to make Sean get a twin frame so we can put the bed up next to ours.

JJ ~ You reminded me that Dylan will be 11 months tomorrow and I still don't have af.gif! joy.gif I told Sean again tonight it would be nice if I could keep nursing long enough to never get af.gif and go straight into menopause.

Dylan has also been going longer with a dry diaper and waking from naps dry a lot. I wish I could remember to take him to the potty then. That would be the perfect time. Do you wait a few minutes or take her to the potty as soon as she gets up? I almost caught a poop today but I was a little slow in reacting to his cues.

#256 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 PM

That would be perfect if AF stayed away long enough for you!  Talk about decreasing a bit of stress with the whole fertile instincts to BD again, even though you know it's not a good idea! lol

I take her as soon as she wakes up. If I wait even 5 minutes, she's usually gone already. Those are by far the easiest potties, because it's your bodies instincts to go to the bathroom once you get up, and because she's totally relaxed at that point, so it's barely even a conscious decision for her, it's just instinctual to release your bladder upon waking. 

Those of you with the older babies-- what kind of babbling are they doing? None of my business, I know, but my nephew is 13 months, and from what I've seen... completely non-verbal, and expressionless. He always has the exact same look on his face, never smiles or laughs, or anything. And he doesn't make almost any noise either... he will grunt every now and then, but that's it, otherwise he's silent. It's very weird, but I don't have a lot of experience with that age, so I don't know how 'off' it is. I'm going to ask my speech path friend, but I know there's also a difference between book knowledge and 'been there' knowledge. 

#257 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 PM

Working on posting my birth story with photos right now. It'll probably take several days... Wait to post until I'm all done, or post teasers as I finish? (right now I'm done about 2/10 pages...)

#258 of 409 Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM

I'm working on my birth story too. I want to have it done by Ava's birthday. I say wait until it's complete and then post. Or do you mean you're posting it on your blog? WRT your friend's baby, he may be more expressive one on one. Ava is a chatterbox but when there is a lot going on, she mostly observes. And she doesn't cry if she's tired and we're out, she just gets stone faced. So maybe he's different at home?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#259 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Norah is very vocal. lots of babbles, screeching, hollering. Little girl wants to be heard!  Gabe wasn't qyuite as vocal, but still babbled a good bit. My sister (who thinks she knows everything bc she's got a degree in early childhood) is concerned bc he doesn't speak really in full sentences yet. He's just starting to put 2-3 words together. His comprehension is great though, and his vocabulary and skills grow daily, so I'm not concerned.

Sleep - it's been better here. working on going to bed earlier by pushing kids bed time up. Last night we started at 9:30. so they were done by 10:30. I'd like to go to 9, but that's not always feasible when DH works late. He's not the next few days, so we may do it anyway.

I have all these AF like cramps. I need it to go ahead and show up, so I can get it over with! ugh.

#260 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 05:37 AM

The not smiling or laughing thing would be a red flag for me more than the babbling, tbh.  I hope it's nothing and he's just a serious little guy.

Ugh, Lauri.  Woman, that is a ROUGH NIGHT.  I'm at the point now where, like I said, if it's within an hour or so of him having nursed, I don't offer milk straight away.  If it's an option for you, you could try the same.  Just rock, pat, shush.  It's less milk for you to have to pump, and maybe it'll help her be less dependent on milk for every settle.  Idk if you want to try, just throwing it out there.  Not nightweaning, mind you, just trying something else in between feedings, you know?

We seem to be in a holding pattern of one good night followed by a crappy one.  Last night, he woke 3 times (totally doable) and nursed back to sleep each time (thank GOD!).  I'm still fighting this long drawn out cold from hell and DH is gone this week so I need him to be a good sleeper for at least another night!  LOL!

I actually have been so tired I've been falling asleep putting DD to bed.  Oh man, her bed is so comfortable.  I wish I could just sleep in there with her all night.  She doesn't wake up and I love seeing her little sweet sleeping face.  

Hesitant to tell you guys this (if I didn't already) b/c I know, I'm an idiot, but man -- ever since we removed artificial sweeteners from our diets (DD's too) she is a different child.  Sweet, non confrontational, not grumpy, not moody.  She still doesn't eat a ton, but that's besides the point.  I feel like her behaviour has done a complete 180.  She's also closer to turning 4, but the change was so quick it had to be related.  I'm so glad.  I think she's a happier person.  She's so affectionate now!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#261 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 05:59 AM

JJ ~ I can't really remember what a 13 month old is expected to be doing. There is such a wide range of normal. I've have read many times that boys are slower with vocabulary than girls so it might not be fair to compare him to any girls.

Dylan makes a lot of noises but I wouldn't call it babbling. He doesn't do any, "ga ga," or "ba ba" or anything like that. He does a lot of, "oh' and "uh" sounds. He screeches. HSe makes these, "sst" sounds a lot, too. He very expressive with his face. But when we are out a lot of times he doesn't respond to strangers at all. He just stares at them. When at Sean's change of command ceremony, one of Sean's friends who had never seen Dylan picked him up and held him for a really long time. Dylan just stared at him the entire time. He didn't cry or fuss but he also didn't smile or talk or play with him in any way.

Kellen wouldn't talk to other people even when he was 3 and 4. He used to just stare at everyone, too, or give them the stink face. Kellen wasn't talking in sentences when he was 2. I remember talking to almost everyone about it. I was sort of worried but not really worried enough to do anything about it. Now we can't get him to stop talking. lol.gif The only issue is that he's still hard to understand. He can't pronounce back of the throat consonants like "g" and "k". They still sound like "d" and "t". He drops the "s" at the beginning of words. He says, "me" instead of "I". But, like Kat said about Gabe, I can recognize progress and development so I not too worried about it. The only thing that's really bothersome is that Kellen gets really frustrated and upset sometimes when we can't understand him.

Dylan only nursed once last night between 11 to 6, I think. I don't actually remember him nursing but I woke up with half my shirt pulled up. lol.gif

I forgot to mention that Sean and I actually got to go out last night without any kids. Dylan fell asleep just before 6 so I felt comfortable leaving him with Ryan. Ryan's girlfriend came over, too, and she's really good with him so I wasn't worried about him being left sitting on the floor crying.

Sean wants to get a vasectomy. He said he needs my signature to do it. I know it's his body and I don't really have any right to refuse but I don't know if I can sign that paper. We got in an argument about it last night. I got angry because he acted as if the only reason I had ever given him for not getting a vas was so that I could have another baby. He said he doesn't remember anything I said about my concerns about whether or not it's really safe and doesn't have any negative long term effects. It's like he doesn't really listen to me. He must be really mad at me because I didn't set up my coffee this morning like he's been doing since he got back from VA.

#262 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 AM

Carrie ~ We cross-posted. That's interesting about Nora and the artificial sweetener. I don't like my kids to have any of that but I do drink diet soda sometimes. I probably don't need to since I don't drink a lot of soda, usually one 12 oz. can a day. shrug.gif

JJ ~ I forgot to comment on your birth story. Are you talking about posting to your blog? Sneak peaks might be nice. 10 pages is a lot to read. winky.gif

#263 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 AM

Artifical sweetners are awful IMO. Glad you cut them out! I totally believe it was affecting her behavior. So that sleep schedule was two nights ago. Last night was WORSE! At one point, if she had a regular crib I probably would have left her to cry. :( So glad I don't have that as an option because now I don't trust myself at night. Yesterday, DH took all five kids to our neice's graduation party while I worked. It was an hour away so DD spent a decent amount of time in the carseat. She must have been carried around a lot too because she had way too many movements left in her when I got home from work at 9:30 pm. I fed her some food because she hadn't eaten much at the party, gave her a quick bath and tried to put her down. No dice. She finally went to sleep at Midnight after I put her in the wrap, turned off the lights in the living room and danced around singing along to Norah Jones. I expected her to crash. Ummm wrongo. I stopped counting after the 5th wake up before 3 AM. Finally brought her next to me even though she normally hates that and she snuggled up to sleep. I was in a crap position though so now I feel like I've been beat up. And the big kids are home all week now. So help me god if someone disrupts our nap this morning.

#264 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

I finally wrote out Norah's - I am so glad I did. And Gabe's. Gabes brought a lot of latent anger to the surface, bc it just reminds me how much having a c-section for your first birth colors and changes every single subsequent birth. *sigh* not much to be done about it.

I don't think Gabe gets much artificial sweetener. He doesn't get anything diet. The very rare times he sips our soda, we have root beer or sprite, so no caffeine either. I need to work on less junk food in the house, but it's hard when Wayne likes to snack on it.

Vasectomy - I feel in general it is safer and more effective than any female surgical steriliztion procedure. My dad had that done back in 1990, and for most of our friends it is what they choose to do when they are done having children. I think we will likely go the same route.

Hooray for time without kids! Shoot, going out with just one is fantastic!

#265 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Kellen wouldn't talk to other people even when he was 3 and 4. He used to just stare at everyone, too, or give them the stink face. Kellen wasn't talking in sentences when he was 2. I remember talking to almost everyone about it. I was sort of worried but not really worried enough to do anything about it. Now we can't get him to stop talking. lol.gif The only issue is that he's still hard to understand. He can't pronounce back of the throat consonants like "g" and "k". They still sound like "d" and "t". He drops the "s" at the beginning of words. He says, "me" instead of "I". .

Oh this is interesting to me.  Nora does a few things that I wonder if I need to/should correct or just wait out.  For example, she says her instead of she (aw, her's crying) and she also doesn't make the s sound in the beginning of words, it's always an f.  So spin is fin, school is fool.  

She also isn't very kind to strangers/groups.  She's introverted so she will let me talk for her (which...I feel funny doing, honestly...) and just remain shy or whimper.  It's just her personality I suppose.

Re: the vasectomy issue.  It's not as though you're telling him to do it.  You're more like approving of him doing something he wants to do already.  There are risks involved with anything, but there are far less risks to that procedure than to, say, a tubal, etc.  

JJ  - would love sneak peeks!  I love birth stories and can't wait to read yours.  

Lauri - I've SO been there.  So been there.  This WILL pass.  She must be on the verge of something BIG.  It honestly sounds like what I just went thru with Finn and how I got to my limit and started looking into nightweaning.  Which I never would have thought of to do before age 1.

AFM - took the kids to panera for lunch and then poked around party city.  I've decided Finn's party theme!  It's going to be pirates!  Oh it's going to be ADORABLE!!!

205345_10151851574420387_426403624_n.jpg

#266 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Oh, pirates does sound adorable. Are you going to have a big party?

Dylan is 11 months today! He weighs 21.2 lbs. (21 lbs., 3.2 oz.). I haven't measured his length yet.

I know it's not right for me to refuse to sign that paper for Sean. It's his body and he should be able to do what he wants with it, even if I disagree. The whole thing just freaks me out. I can't explain it all. As I've been thinking about it today, I've realized that there's part of me that thinks it's gross and is not sure I will be able to look at or think of him the same. That doesn't make any sense but there it is.

At 3yo, I wouldn't worry at all about that kind of speech issue or behavior. I talk for my kids a lot. But just last week I left all 3 boys at the park with one of the other homeschool moms while I ran home to get some toys for Ethan and Kellen. When I got back she said that both of them talked to her the entire time I was gone. jaw.gif This from one kid who wouldn't even talk to the neighbors that he saw almost every day from the time he was 3.5 to 6 and another kid who didn't really talk until after he was 2. I think a lot of it has to do with the personality of the other person, too. Some people are really loud and aggressive, especially with kids, quizing them and demanding responses. It would be nice if they would just say, "Hi."

#267 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Ugh, Lauri.  Woman, that is a ROUGH NIGHT.  I'm at the point now where, like I said, if it's within an hour or so of him having nursed, I don't offer milk straight away.  If it's an option for you, you could try the same.  Just rock, pat, shush.  It's less milk for you to have to pump, and maybe it'll help her be less dependent on milk for every settle.  Idk if you want to try, just throwing it out there.  Not nightweaning, mind you, just trying something else in between feedings, you know?

Yeah I've started doing that too. I've noticed during her naps during the day that she will fully wake up after her first sleep cycle because she now knows how to sit up on her own from laying down but if I go right in and walk her around for a few minutes, she falls back asleep for another 45 mins to an hour. And she doesn't need a bottle to go back to sleep like that. So at night, if it's been less than 2 hours since I fed her, I try to walk her around first. If she doesn't stay asleep when I put her back down,  I know she really is hungry.

I'm still traumatized from last night! It was rough! I asked the kids if they carried her around a lot yesterday and they said that the party was really crowded and there wasn't any room for her to get down and play so that's part of why she was so squirmy! But she was seriously running around at midnight like someone had given her caffeine or something. She would go to the boys' door and bang on it and start yelling. What the heck? It was like she was drunk or something. She was so exhausted this morning though that she slept from 10 AM-12:45 PM and I don't think she moved the whole time. The big kids were great and stayed quiet so we could both sleep.

#268 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 PM

I couldn't sign for my DH to get a vasectomy either. Even if I didn't have a religious issue with it, I don't think it needs to be done. It's an unnecessary medical procedure. I feel the same way about tubal ligation. Hysterectomies are different because sometimes those are needed to stop severe bleeding issues but that's usually rare.

Pirate theme is awesome! You guys will have so much fun with that!

#269 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Oh, pirates does sound adorable. Are you going to have a big party?
Dylan is 11 months today! He weighs 21.2 lbs. (21 lbs., 3.2 oz.). I haven't measured his length yet.

Not huge, maybe 15-20 ppl, some small kids.  

Happy 11 months, Dylan!!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
! But she was seriously running around at midnight like someone had given her caffeine or something. She would go to the boys' door and bang on it and start yelling. What the heck? It was like she was drunk or something.

Ha!  Man!  Maybe she was overtired and just going bananas!?  Nora used to do that when she was little!  If you didn't catch her at just the right moment, it was like someone wound her battery back up and she was go-go-go for another chunk of the night!

Idk guys...if DH really wanted a vasectomy I'd sign off.  I guess I just don't feel as strongly as you guys do.  Lots of things/procedures/surgeries are "unnecessary" but if a person wants to do it, then they should be able to, right?  And a vas isn't hurting anyone else (unlike if a woman elects to have a section, ukwim?).

#270 of 409 Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Annie ~ I agree. I told dh it was unnecessary but he just got all pissy with me.

Carrie ~ I agree with you, too, sort of. He should be able to do whatever he wants with his own body. I don't know that it won't hurt someone else, which is part of my issue with it. I don't trust that the risk of any serious complications is minimal to nonexistent. What if he gets prostrate cancer because it and dies at 50? That would certainly hurt all of us. Ethan would just be 18. Kellen and Dylan would still be minors. His dad has prostate cancer. He's going through his 2nd treatment for it right now. Cancer runs in his family like crazy. His mom died from breast cancer. His maternal grand mother died from lung cancer. His sister had cervical cancer when she was in her early 20s.

I just don't know. Since it's not necessary, why take any risk?

Dylan is asleep. He fell asleep with dh while I was out with Ethan and Kellen. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. He skipped his 2nd nap so I figured this would happen. I just hope he doesn't stir until we all are going to bed and I can immediately lay down with him and get him to go back to sleep. Otherwise, I might be up very late.

Tags
Baby , Baby Food , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page