AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/01) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

May thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352341/may-2012-rockstar-mamas/200

#3 ·
That's funny - because in MY mind we are the old "CTA people". In no universe was I *whatevering* but I guess my husband was!!
orngtongue.gif

I am happy I didn't
duck.gif
dodge the egg that was Arianna though - since she has decidedly grown on me! he he he

JJ - some healthy and easy snacks:

*Special K cereal with the original almond milk (some special K cereals taste better than others, I usually get the really gross tasting ones because they help with my blood sugar more)

*Almonds or mixed nuts or cashews. Just a little handful when I am busy really helps.

*Greek yogurt (I put a handful of mini chocolate chips
redface.gif
)

I also have protein shakes, but I get those for free from my brother. I am sure they are too pricey for me to actually buy.

Just a couple quick ideas. I am sure I have more in my head, I will think about it some more.

What else were we talking about? I seriously have ADD. I need to write notes for real.

AFM - I feel decidedly more calm these days
namaste.gif

It is kinda nice. I feel like A isn't driving me crazy every day all day long. It was rough there for a while.

#4 ·
I was never really seriously CTA - cycles too wonky for that. And I wasn't nearly as hardcore as some of the ladies on those threads seemed to be!

Now, we are more seriously avoiding, but it means, for us, more use of condoms. because I can't temp anymore to save my life; I am too freaking tired to remember.

Healthy snacks? we do lots of granola bars. Lots.

#5 ·
Thanks for the new thread! When we were CTA, DH was avoiding, I was just charting to provide him with the info!
lol.gif
And waiting him out! We got pregnant the first time through user error, and then once we lost that baby, we never avoided after that. Got pg w/DD on the third cycle post M/C.

Healthy snacks? Ugh, so bad about this. I have a hard time finding time to eat before I leave for work. Today I've had coffee and a bowl of brown rice w/marinara sauce. So not a good way to feed a mama trying to make milk!

DD has suddenly decided to be a toddler instead of a baby. Yesterday morning when she was sitting on the toilet, she DID NOT want my arm behind her bracing her. She kept knocking it away and giving me this look like "I've got this Mama, leave me alone!"...
wink1.gif

#6 ·
Jumping in!!

We were CTA hardcore, than whatevering, then TTC hardcore. LOL. With the recent return of AF, we talked again about what to do for BC. I've decided not to start the pill again, but we are still on the fence about him getting a vasectomy. I'm just not sure I'm done, and kind of want the ability to decide later on. So for now it's condoms and maybe I'll chart -- but I'm afraid to, b/c knowing me it'll put me in TTC mode.

Alysia - I also would use the booster for short trips. He'll sit and not try to unbuckle the seat belt? Nora is a year and change younger than he is, so it's not a fair comparison, but she would be all over unbuckling the belt.

I know someone who has had their 3 yo in a HBB w/a belt for probably a year now. I cringed.

What else..?

I just bought 2 more GroVia AIOs to supplement my daytime stash. They are so snug and trim. They are no good for naps/bed but they're fine for the rest of the day. I've started CD'ing at night and so far no issues!

He was really starting to blow out the sposies and I had enough. I told Chris to take back the huge boxes he just bought from Costco of the Huggies. I'll pick up one box from Target of the little movers to have just in case we go to grandma's or another odd situation like a dr visit or something.

JJ - did you ask about healthy snacks? Hummus wraps! If you get a pack of whole wheat wraps they are generally only 100 cal or so, and w/1/4 cup of hummus and maybe some cheese (are you back on dairy?) it's packed with protein and yumminess! And not too fattening/calorie dense. I also keep Builder bars or Odwalla bars on hand. 20 or so grams of protein in each, and they are tasty and fill you up.

Oh, and so sorry about your DH's hand! Ugh, I hope it's going to be ok.

Alysia - PL'ing. I did the 3 Day Potty Method e-book. It took about 3-4 days for it to click, and then it was basically done. She still needed to "get good" at it, but the foundation was there. I'd say overall, it probably took 2-3 weeks for it to stick. We obv had regressions now and again, and accidents here and there, but never any full out "oh man this didn't work" moments from then on out. She was 20 months old only. She hasn't *knock wood* had any accidents in at least 6-8 months...and any of them were at school when she was first starting and getting used to that so I don't even think it's fair to really count them.

No idea about long term consequences, though. Who knows?

I had NO WARNING about this AF. Nothing. Not a cramp, not a bloated feeling, not even an inkling that something might be up. I went to take nora to the bathroom and went myself and said, "Oh my God. Seriously?!?" I had NOTHING. Hence the nursing pad that got me thru the rest of the party! LOL! So - yeah ladies -- be prepared!! LOL!

Oh -- in Disney though, I had GOBS of EWCM. Like the annoying kind that make you so uncomfortable. So. 2 weeks later, AF shows! that was my only clue and I thought nothing of that EWCM past a fleeting thought that maybe it meant something at the time. I didn't even write it on my calendar!

JJ - oh man do I hear you about the fear of another! After Nora (who was A LOT like Ten sounds) it really crossed both our minds that we were never taking the chance AGAIN!! But...Lauri's right. Something changes! You look at your baby and you see a toddler and wonder...hmm...I could do it at again. It wasn't that bad. It was actually fun. And we get to make another person! LOL! And Finn is the most mellow happy wonderful easy guy -- I couldn't have gotten luckier. I'm so glad we were strong enough to take the chance again.
love.gif

Also -- she's 6 mo!? Have you started solids??

I thought EC wasn't the same as PL'ing. Don't you still have to go thru it when they get older? I thought EC was more about the parent learning their cues than the baby/child actually recognizing they have to go?

#8 ·
Well, she's a first time mom and so anxious to do things "right" that she just does what people tell her. I am probably the only crunchy person she knows. DH's family is way old school. And most of them seem to think docs know everything. Even his mom, who is cool with us not vaxing - understands why we don't, to a point, - asks if we are taking the kids to a doctor everytime they have a slight cough, or have anything going on - when 99% of the time, there isn't anything a doctor could do anyway - not with babies this young. (not that we are anti-doctor. we establish a relationship with a pediatrician for a reason - we want to be able to go to someone we know and trust should a kid be sick enough to warrant a trip, or have an accident)

eh, oh well, maybe she will think twice next time the doctor gives "orders" or at least ask why they told her to do it.

I am sooo tired. ugh.

the more babies convo came up in another forum, and someone linked a great blog post, but IDK where it is now . . . at anyrate, the couple had 3 kids but mom felt like someone was missing, so everyday for a month, she and her husband asked eachother if they wanted 1 more. some days the answer was yes, others no, but it weighed heavily in favor of "yes". She also got a piece of advice saying that if you have another, you wont' regret it, but if you choose to be done, you may one day regret not having that baby. (if this is you, then maybe you do want to at least try) - for us . . . there is no question we want a third, and when. but we also know, we don't have control over everything. I look at Norah and it's like I can not believe I am so lucky to be her mom. I love her to pieces. I couldn't ever NOT have her. I feel that way about Gabe too - even on his worst days. They are my heart. who wouldn't want to add to that?

here it is: http://www.shamozal.blogspot.com/2012/05/you-just-know-when-youre-done.html

#11 ·
A local online retailer carries them - I have several and LOVE. great high rise for bigger kids, double gussets for poop . . . . awesomeness. I have not ordered from the company directly though.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I am so going to try their new No-mmonia stuff. Need to see if our local mama can order us some in at a discount . . .
I need to order some of this. A friend gave me some to strip my microfiber and it was FANTASTIC! Haven't seen their dipes in action.

#14 ·
it's out of stock :( but my friend who has a cloth website has been in contact with them and said they are getting a ton more in soon (enough for her to get it wholesale!) and also that they will be redesigning their diapers.

If you look on the site Carrie, there are some diapers in clearnace section for 8.99!

#15 ·
I know!!! Even normally priced the $9.99 to $15.99 aren't that bad!!

I think I might try finally doing cloth diaper swap on fb. I have just a few things I don't use. Honestly even if I just get rid of them i'd be happy.
I think we are all finally over the stomach bug. Ready to get back to life!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Also - honestly - I like the fit and the inserts better than BumGenius. BumGenius is getting to be small on Gabe, who is nearly 30 lbs and 37 inches tall or so. Also, Norah, who is 18 lbs - roughly - is comfortable in the highest rise (you can snap down on her, but it's not necessary) and makes me think they may not last on her until potty training.

The inserts in goGreen are also fluffier and seem to last longer on Gabe - I have had him in them overnight without issues. BG do not last overnight.

JIC you wanted a comparison :)

#17 ·
I knew I was forgetting a bunch of stuff!

JJ - sorry about your husbands hand
greensad.gif
I guess there are other jobs who need their hands too.

I always wondered how people could deal with the stress of being a surgeon and living everyday life. I mean, years and years of training could all go down the tubes from ONE accident! Crazy stressful.

MW - I would definitely use the other carseat if needed.

Carrie - that super sucks about first AF and did you guys get the stomach bug again?!? That sucks! I hate that thing almost to a phobia. Ok, it is a phobia.

Kat - I think I commented on that corn thread. I don't think I was mean - oops! LOL

I'll have to read that blog. I *feel* like I am done but it is such a hard question. For exactly the reason of "no one regrets having MORE children." But, regardless I am DONE for as long time, maybe forever. I need a break. It has been 6 years since I have been able to RELAX when I go anywhere. Just being able to sit down and let the kids run around when we go to an outing would be AMAZing! LOL

#18 ·
Quote:

Also - honestly - I like the fit and the inserts better than BumGenius. BumGenius is getting to be small on Gabe, who is nearly 30 lbs and 37 inches tall or so. Also, Norah, who is 18 lbs - roughly - is comfortable in the highest rise (you can snap down on her, but it's not necessary) and makes me think they may not last on her until potty training.

The inserts in goGreen are also fluffier and seem to last longer on Gabe - I have had him in them overnight without issues. BG do not last overnight.

JIC you wanted a comparison :)
Oh thanks for this comparison!

I find that a BG with 2 inserts is more than enough for overnight. He's just not a big wetter overnight. I realized this weeks ago when his sposie would be dry when he woke up. I would wait like 20-30 min after he woke up to change him b/c then it would finally be ready.

If I leave him in his overnight cloth diaper for about 20 min, he'll usually poop in it in the morning and then we can just proceed as normal. LOL.

I'm using the BG as overnite dipes really. I'm using my AIOs for during the day. I'm expecting 2 more dipes today!! Love fluffy mail!

Finn is just about 26 lbs but he is thinning out in a MAJOR WAY. I used to have 5 snaps showing across the front. Now if it's double stuffed I have 4 only, and if it's normal I have 3. In some of his dipes, the aplix is touching or even overlapping! It's NUTS.

As for more kids...I just don't know. Like I've said before, I want more, I just don't know if I want more with DH. That's horrible isn't it?
bag.gif

I started a blog. I don't have anythign but one post in it yet but thought I'd share w/you guys!

http://say-mommy.blogspot.com/

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

JJ - some healthy and easy snacks:

*Special K cereal with the original almond milk (some special K cereals taste better than others, I usually get the really gross tasting ones because they help with my blood sugar more)

*Almonds or mixed nuts or cashews. Just a little handful when I am busy really helps.

*Greek yogurt (I put a handful of mini chocolate chips
redface.gif
)

I also have protein shakes, but I get those for free from my brother. I am sure they are too pricey for me to actually buy.

Just a couple quick ideas. I am sure I have more in my head, I will think about it some more.

What else were we talking about? I seriously have ADD. I need to write notes for real.
Seriously! I just quote everything, and then go back and delete anything I don't need to respond to! Otherwise I forget.

Snacks are so hard because I'm so picky. DH eats a lot of yogurt and smoothies, but I can't/won't do either. The texture just icks me out. I have started getting accustomed to hummus though. And we get "Just Right" cereal, and I've been eating a lot of that in the mornings. And I found dark chocolate covered almonds! And we also recently found a good trail mix at costco, so I've been munching on that. Little by little I'm finding more options.

Quote:

I was never really seriously CTA - cycles too wonky for that. And I wasn't nearly as hardcore as some of the ladies on those threads seemed to be!

Now, we are more seriously avoiding, but it means, for us, more use of condoms. because I can't temp anymore to save my life; I am too freaking tired to remember.

Healthy snacks? we do lots of granola bars. Lots.
Yeah, I was charting and giving DH the information, but if I told him I was fertile, and he didn't bother to use a condom, that was ok too! He knew I was ready to have a baby, and he was on the fence. And then we just didn't care at all, and then like Carrie, the last few months I got decidedly not whatever-ish! lol

We are seriously seriously avoiding, with condoms. But between not dtd very often, and my cycles not returned yet, we should be ok for a bit. Which is good, because there's no way I could temp right now. The longest stretch of sleep I've gotten in probably 6 weeks has been about 2.5 hours. And that was once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Thanks for the new thread! When we were CTA, DH was avoiding, I was just charting to provide him with the info!
lol.gif
And waiting him out! We got pregnant the first time through user error, and then once we lost that baby, we never avoided after that. Got pg w/DD on the third cycle post M/C.

Healthy snacks? Ugh, so bad about this. I have a hard time finding time to eat before I leave for work. Today I've had coffee and a bowl of brown rice w/marinara sauce. So not a good way to feed a mama trying to make milk!

DD has suddenly decided to be a toddler instead of a baby. Yesterday morning when she was sitting on the toilet, she DID NOT want my arm behind her bracing her. She kept knocking it away and giving me this look like "I've got this Mama, leave me alone!"...
wink1.gif
We've been drinking a lot of iced coffee! It's amazing how you can wake up, have a cookie and an iced coffee, go about your day, and then at like 4pm you're like... So... I had breakfast right? No... ? Ok well then... I definitely had lunch... oh, no not that either. Hmm. Better make dinner good!"

SO cute! It's funny how potty independent they can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I just bought 2 more GroVia AIOs to supplement my daytime stash. They are so snug and trim. They are no good for naps/bed but they're fine for the rest of the day. I've started CD'ing at night and so far no issues!

He was really starting to blow out the sposies and I had enough. I told Chris to take back the huge boxes he just bought from Costco of the Huggies. I'll pick up one box from Target of the little movers to have just in case we go to grandma's or another odd situation like a dr visit or something.

JJ - oh man do I hear you about the fear of another! After Nora (who was A LOT like Ten sounds) it really crossed both our minds that we were never taking the chance AGAIN!! But...Lauri's right. Something changes! You look at your baby and you see a toddler and wonder...hmm...I could do it at again. It wasn't that bad. It was actually fun. And we get to make another person! LOL! And Finn is the most mellow happy wonderful easy guy -- I couldn't have gotten luckier. I'm so glad we were strong enough to take the chance again.
love.gif

Also -- she's 6 mo!? Have you started solids??

I thought EC wasn't the same as PL'ing. Don't you still have to go thru it when they get older? I thought EC was more about the parent learning their cues than the baby/child actually recognizing they have to go?
Yay for new fluff! Yeah, we get blowouts almost everytime she poops in a sposie, but very very rarely in cloth. I like the trimness of the the sposie under some outfits, but not worth potentially ruining the outfit! I'm hoping though, as we get more into the EC, we can swap out for her thinner inserts, so the dipes won't be as bulky. Right now she needs all the absorbancy!

I totally get what you're saying about another. I look at T and she already looks like a toddler to me. She's huge!! And she's learning so freaking much every day. We sit and watch her baby videos from like 2 months old, and I want to cry, because I barely remember it. It was such a rough time that I didn't enjoy her like I wanted to. And I miss that small snuggly newborn stage. But then I think about having to do that sleep deprivation again, and the fussiness, and everything we're goingt hrough right now, and I'm like Uhhhh, am I insane? lol

I know! 6 months came so fast! She's experimenting, but not -really- eating anything. She gnaws on carrots, celery, apple, cucumber... and beef jerky :x lol. She's had tiny pieces of egg, noodles, freezie (all fruit), banana and then yesterday we tried pulled pork. She loved it! It's crazy, for a while we were letting her play with foods, and she would put them in her mouth and just let them sit there. And then we gave her the jerky one day, and noticed she was trying to chew it. Since then, everything we've given her, she tries to chew! I gave her a teething tablet in her sleep last night, and she started munching on it! So cute!

EC should generally take the place of PL'ing. They get to know what it feels like to have a full bladder etc, and will hold it for short short amounts of times after they cue you. We're not really there yet, the only one she 'holds' is her morning pee/poop. But it's only a window of a few minutes. But because they get to know the feeling or dry/wet full/empty, they retain the awareness, which is a big step towards pl'ing-- knowing when you have to go, and making the effort for someone to take you there. So... it's a combination of both. A lot of EC parents talk about how once the baby can move by themselves, they will actually head towards the potty when they have to go (ie crawl over to it and pat it until you come help them on). In the beginning though, and for us, yeah, it's a lot of just me noticing when she seems like she has to go. But it's like any behaviorism concept right- if she associates- hey, I felt that weird feeling, and I squirmed, and then mommy picked meup and took me to the potty, and I let go, and it felt better, and mommy got happy... then she's more likely to do it again, and will eventually realize that full feeling = get to potty.

Does that make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

JJ - sorry about your husbands hand
greensad.gif
I guess there are other jobs who need their hands too.

I always wondered how people could deal with the stress of being a surgeon and living everyday life. I mean, years and years of training could all go down the tubes from ONE accident! Crazy stressful.
It IS crazy. I don't remember if I posted on here after the update or not, but he went in for surgery on Tuesday. No notice- he was there for a consult, and they ended up taking him in for surgery. They repaired the tendon, but he's in a cast for at least 4 weeks, and possibly longer, and then will do physical therapy. The surgeon is confident that it's repaired fully and he will regain full function, but you never know, right? So, it's a waiting game. In the meantime-- life sucks!! He can't pick T up, can't do much around the house. And he's whiny as hell. T went back to every 2 hours last night (which is sad that it's an improvement! lol) but HE kept me up every hour, waking up and complaining and whining. I get it, ok. I understand you're in a heck of a lot of pain. But I also need to function, and I can't when you wake me up every time I fall asleep! :(

#20 ·
Yay blogs! I'll figure out how to add you to my list. I'm new to blogspot, and can't do anything other than post right now!

I started one a while back, but it's not very full either! It was intended to be a pregnancy journal about the early days that I would share with family after we told everyone we were pregnant... but then I never really wrote, and didn't share it!

http://thingsthat-shine.blogspot.ca/

#21 ·
I have one lonely post on mine: lifeaccidentallyonpurpose.blogspot.com I am working on another.

JJ: I hope your DH comes out of his funk fully healed! and soon!

I don't ever double stuff BG. I use my knickernappies with hemp inserts for nighttime with DS; he is a heavy, heavy wetter. DD, not quite as much.

Norah wants to stand up on her own so badly!

#22 ·
Quote:

I don't ever double stuff BG. I use my knickernappies with hemp inserts for nighttime with DS; he is a heavy, heavy wetter. DD, not quite as much.
Most of my stash is BG so I didn't really have much of a choice. I think this is one of the daunting things about CD'ing for a beginner -- there's no right/wrong way. You just have to play around and see what works. What works great for me might not work for you and vice versa.

I just really don't like stuffing pockets at all. I wonder if there is a good AIO nighttime diaper out there...

Still waiting for the UPS man....
whistling.gif

Took the kids to the bagel place for lunch, then Nora had to use the potty and couldn't go there. So we walked back home so she could go, then walked to the park, played hard for a bit (I chatted w/some nice moms) and then she wanted a slurpee. So we walked allllll the way to 7-11. I got an iced coffee. I got it with just 3 sugars! I'm impressed with myself for sticking to this no artificial sweeteners. I feel loads better already. And man... Nora is 100% a different child. I can't even believe it. (well, I do, but you know what I mean.)

#23 ·
Ugh, I wasn't getting updates again!
irked.gif
Why does that happen sometimes? And I misunderstood when kat called me out and thought she was asking me to start a new thread so I did before seeing this one. I've sent a PM to the moderator asking her to delete it.

Funny about the whatevering thing. I was never seriously CTA but that's what I think of us as first. Probably because I was the only one in my pair actually whatevering. DH thought he was TTA (or at least that's what he said).
lol.gif

Hm...what else? Oh!

On the regretting if you don't have another but not regretting if you do, I get the idea of that but I'm not sure I agree 100%. I think anyone is more likely to regret not having a child that they considered having. However, I do think it's possible to regret having a child or children. Some people do.

#24 ·
Quote:

I realized this weeks ago when his sposie would be dry when he woke up. I would wait like 20-30 min after he woke up to change him b/c then it would finally be ready.

If I leave him in his overnight cloth diaper for about 20 min, he'll usually poop in it in the morning and then we can just proceed as normal. LOL.
Sheepish.gif
You could always sit him on the potty and read him a book or something instead of waiting for him to go in his dipe!
Bolt.gif

#25 ·
Quote:
I'm impressed with myself for sticking to this no artificial sweeteners. I feel loads better already. And man... Nora is 100% a different child. I can't even believe it. (well, I do, but you know what I mean.)
Way to go mama!

My mom ordered the Elmo tutu birthday outfit for Ava...can't wait to get it! I showed her a picture of it and she got the biggest grin on her face and kept pointing at the picture and making this cute little noise like "Oooh!"...I love this age!

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Sheepish.gif
You could always sit him on the potty and read him a book or something instead of waiting for him to go in his dipe!
Bolt.gif
how long do you wait when doing that? i've tried a few times but D only pooed once. i get nervous about getting peed on because his penis doesn't fit in the potty. he won't let me hold him over the toilet. he gets scared.

Carrie ~ the amount of calories in a teaspoon of sugar is really negligible compared to total daily calories. a few teaspoons in a drink wont really make a difference in your weight. there's a big difference between that and a 12 oz or 20 oz regular soda, of course.

Annie ~ I can't wait to see a pic of Ava in that tutu!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.