July 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 293 Old 07-28-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is HepA vax required?

Ethan got HepB right after birth. I wasn't prepared for the question and they asked dh, who consented. After Ethan's birth, I realized that I could not leave any health/medical decisions up to him. He just goes along with whatever he's told needs to be done. Anyway, yeah, I don't think either disease is something that the average infant/child is at risk of contracting, much less dying from.

DH has been so much more pleasant since I started cooking dinner during the week. It's interesting because I thought he liked to cook. I guess he is so tired and stressed from work that he really doesn't want to. He made some incredible NC pork BBQ today! Nothing better!

In case you didn't see my FB status, I got some soapnuts today and used them for the first time. I guess they worked. I haven't taken my clothes out of the dryer yet but they looked clean when they went in. I'm going to try them on my diapers tomorrow.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 293 Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Will you all help me with something? I've relisted my diapers for sale on DS. I am asking $70 for a lot of 6, like new FBs with microfiber inserts. That's about $11.66 per diaper. After PP fees and postage, I'd be left with about $62. That's $10.33 per diaper for me. I think that is very reasonable considering they go for about $16 brand new and that may be without an insert.

Someone has offered me $11 ppd for one diaper. I'm not sure if she wants the insert but I listed them as included so I'm assuming she does. After postage and PP fees, I'm left with only about $8 for that diaper. Is that worth it? Should I take her offer or try to hold on for what I'm asking?

I had these diapers listed for months for $78 ppd and hadn't gotten any interest (which is why I lowered the price) but haven't been diligent about keeping my listing active.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#273 of 293 Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM

I'd do it, especially since you've had it listed before and they didn't sell.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#274 of 293 Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 PM

MW - Do yuo have other avenues of selling you could try? Local FB groups, maybe a fuzzibunz fan group on FB or something?  There's an AMP one, and there's a ton of activity on it. With FB being a bigger brand, I'm sure it would be pretty active. I know how much it sucks to get less for something than you know it's worth. I just sold a lot of baby clothes, all in really good condition, mostly Carters and Old Navy, over 30 pieces... and got $17. *sigh* 4 pairs of pants were worth that. But... it's worth it to have them out of my house!

We had a good family night last night... at like 630pm, we made a quick decision to go out and grab food and ice cream. We went and got kabobs, which is a total nostalgia thing from years and years ago, and then got ice cream, and headed to the park we used to spend tons of time at (we went like 2-3 times a week the first two years we were together). It was nice to be able to just throw the carrier and a diaper in the car, and take off, and do something nice and spontaneous as a family. Tenley fell asleep in the carrier as we were walking, and then when we got home, she woke up, and would NOT go back to sleep. *sigh*

So after almost two hours of trying to get her to sleep, the last 45 of which she was in bed with us, we finally managed to get her settled. She actually slept well, woke up to nurse lots but really quick ones, so I was able to go back to sleep quickly. And then she woke up quite a few times from 7am onwards, but she let me sleep until 10am!! (between playing quietly in bed and sleeping herself).  I woke up and was like... rested! I wasn't tired! I haven't slept like that in 8 months!! 

She went down really easily tonight, but has been up three times already. Doesn't bode really well, but I'm trying to be optimistic that she'll settle after we go to bed. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#275 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Yay for feeling rested! It's amazing, isn't it? I've actually been waking up between 6 and 7 am because I'm getting so much sleep. It's strange. I feel like I should still be asleep because I'm used to sleeping until 8 or 9 but I'm not tired. Of course, I get very sleepy earlier. It's getting hard to keep my eyes open past 10 pm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

MW - Do yuo have other avenues of selling you could try? Local FB groups, maybe a fuzzibunz fan group on FB or something?  There's an AMP one, and there's a ton of activity on it. With FB being a bigger brand, I'm sure it would be pretty active. I know how much it sucks to get less for something than you know it's worth. I just sold a lot of baby clothes, all in really good condition, mostly Carters and Old Navy, over 30 pieces... and got $17. *sigh* 4 pairs of pants were worth that. But... it's worth it to have them out of my house

I have tried the local online yard sale website and a local yard sale group on Facebook. Nothing. I haven't looked for a Fuzzibunz fan group. I can try that.

I know what you mean about the clothes. I am accumulating bags and bags of baby clothes that I am now ready to purge. I am willing to sell most pieces for only $1-2 each. I need to get them bagged up by size to see how much I have of each size and figure out a price for each bag. I've noticed that's what people here are doing. They list bags of clothes for like $20.

I gave my maternity clothes to a friend who is pg because I wanted them gone. After I gave them to her, she offered to pay me something (I think because I kept finding stragglers to give her and she ended up with a lot of clothes). I wouldn't let her because I didn't indicate that I wanted anything for them when I gave them to her. I had those for sale on the yard sale website with no interest.

Oh, I learned that one of my neighbors was homeschooled and she has a friend who uses cloth diapers and has an amber necklace on her baby. smile.gif The neighbor has a 4yo, almost 5, girl that Kellen has been playing with recently. It's so nice for him to finally have friends his own age to play with. They wandered over last night because they were outside and the girl heard my boys playing outside. We sat on my porch and chatted for a little bit, which was nice. Her husband used to be artillery, which is what mine is, so we have that in common, too. Anyway, now I'm excited to get to know the mom and, hopefully, her CDing friend. They sound like they might be close to my kind of people.

#276 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 AM

Yay for like minded people!

I see Hep C in medical records for people with chronic liver problems like cirrhosis. Nearly all the heps are lifestyle related, not something at large in the general population. Hep A I think is the one you are at risk for drinking dirty water in mexico (or that might be an urban legend) so might also be the one MW thinkilng of related to restaurants.

I dont vax against any of the heps, they are one of very low things on the totem pole risk wise. I myself am vaxed against heb B, because I was in the health care field.

Sleep - ack - Norah has been marathon nursing at night. My sleep sucks.

We had a good weekend, busy and fun.

MW: I would sell for the offer, bc it's not much off what your asking price is. In the future, I might list them at $13PPD each, and $70 for the lot, that way people really feel like they are getting a deal when buying multiple. (I like to buy several off of one person, it saves the mama shipping, and me hassle of multiple transactions)

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#277 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 12:57 PM

Sleep is crappy here again too!  Yawnnn!!  B/w him trying to walk and all he's just a mess thru the night.  Waking all the time, and I just can't nurse him every time, so I've been settling him on my chest and then laying him back down.  He goes right to sleep but man.  Tough!!

He's able to stand unassisted for like 10-30 seconds at a time now, he'll be walking before I know it!

MW - I would sell the dipes for that much.  Tho I agree w/Kat that next time do the lot price as X and raise the individual price for splitting the lot.  makes Ppl buy more at once.  I'm addicted to Cloth Diaper Swap on FB  and I just joined the Grovia B/S/T board - that one moves FAST.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#278 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM

oh, while we are voting, vote for me!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1358293/contest-ending-soon-come-vote-for-your-favorite-motherings-babywearing-photo-contest/100#post_17049868 (I saw JJ did already! - thanks!)

helpful survival things . . . snack foods. do you know what she likes? If she's likely to have a vaginal birth, sitz bath herbs, I think there is a bottom balm as well . . .I used that pain spray in a can like crazy. and witch hazel pads. Flushable wipes. Maybe a bottle of something alcoholic she'd like? Chocolate wine? those pre-mixed cocktails you just need to freeze?   - I know my list isn' t horribly crunchy or anything, but I think I'd find it helpful.

Damn, I am so tired.

Finally got Norah to sleep, Gabe needs to nap, but is resisting.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#279 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

helpful survival things . . . snack foods. do you know what she likes? If she's likely to have a vaginal birth, sitz bath herbs, I think there is a bottom balm as well . . .I used that pain spray in a can like crazy. and witch hazel pads. Flushable wipes. Maybe a bottle of something alcoholic she'd like? Chocolate wine? those pre-mixed cocktails you just need to freeze?   - I know my list isn' t horribly crunchy or anything, but I think I'd find it helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions so far ladies!!  I want to make something like this:  http://www.happyhomemaker.me/2011/09/new-mommy-survival-kit.html  Not right away or anything, it was an idea for my two bffs (don't remember if I said that here, I asked for suggestions in a few places), but also maybe a smaller version for doula clients.   So it doesn't need to be "crunchy" just... trying to give a better idea of "real" things that are useful, than most of the kits I see that have like... what to expect books, and just very mainstream ideas. 

I also thought of this, and it may be cheesy, but I think I'm going to pick up a few sheets of nice paper, and write out some of the helpful less known tips that I've learned and picked up  during the pregnancy. It's funny, but being so immersed in birth and babyness, you forgot how it's not all normal knowledge! ie Looking through my birth photos, and one of my bffs was obviously embarassed, asking a bunch of questions-- things like she didn't know that the monitor belt was, or the squatting bar, and had to confirm that the placenta was indeed what she thought it was... It's weird to think that all these things are a part of my 'everyday' life, but still so foreign to some people! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#280 of 293 Old 07-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

I also thought of this, and it may be cheesy, but I think I'm going to pick up a few sheets of nice paper, and write out some of the helpful less known tips that I've learned and picked up  during the pregnancy. It's funny, but being so immersed in birth and babyness, you forgot how it's not all normal knowledge! ie Looking through my birth photos, and one of my bffs was obviously embarassed, asking a bunch of questions-- things like she didn't know that the monitor belt was, or the squatting bar, and had to confirm that the placenta was indeed what she thought it was... It's weird to think that all these things are a part of my 'everyday' life, but still so foreign to some people! lol

yeahthat.gif

I think that's BRILLIANT!  

Also maybe some links, like to kellymom, Hales bf'ing med list, etc.  Those sites that we know to go to, some ppl have never heard of!!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#281 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 AM

Or even for moms who haven't been there in a while (like it's been a few years since their last birth) Things DO change. and it's good to keep up to date.

My doula gave me a ton of samples. Lanolin, and I don't remember what all else. We are now good friends . . . I need to broach how that works, as I want her at this birth too - I mean, obviously, not a whole lot has changed about my birth plan, but maybe a few things . . . alot of the basics, we don't need to go over. I don't know if she still wants to come to a pre natal appointment or not.  . . . and fees I don't mind, and would expect to pay her . . . but I just wonder. Also contemplating the idea of birth photography - she does that too.

I am down like 4-5 lbs. LOL, now that I don't really need to lose it!

#282 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 AM

Oh yes, samples!

Guys, my patience is all but GONE these past two days.  I know I'm tired but I've really been eating well, getting out, etc.  I'm just TOAST!  Burnt out!!  Idk what it is but I'm snapping at people.  Sighhhhh.  This too shall pass.  

Going to try to go for a walk in a bit.

Kat - sheesh on the loss!  Is it b/c of the MS you think??  How are you feeling otherwise?  Any more appts coming up?

--- oops -- bbl, baby in distress!

#283 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Kat ~ Didn't you lose weight when you were pg with Norah? Or did you just not gain?

I don't have much to say.

#284 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 06:31 AM

I don't remember losing; I just didn't really gain much - 8 lbs total - (so really, I lost once the baby was born) -

I am eating all the time, just small amounts. Not much appetite but have to eat to keep the nausea at bay. Also, Norah is nursing far more than Gabe was at this point in my pregnancy. I think Gabe actually might have weaned around this point.

Also, to add to baskets - take out menus from local restaurants. I know you can pull them up on any smart phone, but in post-baby fog, it is really easy to forget what restaurants exist nearby that do take out or delivery. (Again, I suck at crunchy ideas, but hey, I thought of something!)

Carrie - where in your cycle are you? blame it on hormones? your DH is back home?

MW - nothing??? are you feeling ok?

#285 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm tired. Dylan has been really squirmy at night again so I haven't been getting much rest but I've been waking for the day an hour or more earlier than usual.

Also, I don't think I've talked about this much here, but I think the antidepressant I'm taking is making me sort of flat, if that makes sense. I've noticed that, while I have more motivation and energy to do things, I have less to say. shrug.gif

Plus, I'm trying to work furiously through all this knitting for you guys. Bet you all thought I forgot but I'm getting stuff done. I'm just keeping it a secret until it's all done in case I don't get something finished. Then you won't know what you're missing. winky.gif

#286 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 AM

Ah, that makes sense. What's up with D? more teeth? Gas?

We are still on a pacifier strike. Boo. I am so not ready for her to give that up.

#287 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:

Carrie - where in your cycle are you? blame it on hormones? your DH is back home?

Hmm, AF just ended yesterday.  I've been kind of blah thru this one, tbh!  Maybe it is hormonal?!? 

Hugs MW! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I'm tired. Dylan has been really squirmy at night again so I haven't been getting much rest but I've been waking for the day an hour or more earlier than usual.
Also, I don't think I've talked about this much here, but I think the antidepressant I'm taking is making me sort of flat, if that makes sense. I've noticed that, while I have more motivation and energy to do things, I have less to say. shrug.gif
Plus, I'm trying to work furiously through all this knitting for you guys. Bet you all thought I forgot but I'm getting stuff done. I'm just keeping it a secret until it's all done in case I don't get something finished. Then you won't know what you're missing. winky.gif

I didn't think you forgot!!

Interesting.  I remember feeling similarly on antidepressants, like the fire I had in me to fight certain things wasn't there.  I was fine and not anxious, and definitely not depressed, but I just didn't have that snappy energy that I would use to make small talk or even start up an interesting discussion.  Weird.

I'm glad I went to bed early (for me) last night.  I was in bed before 11.  I need to do that more often!!  Finn only woke twice but Nora had a nightmare so I spent half the night curled up at the foot of her bed and DH slept with Finn.  Was interesting to say the least!  LOL!

Definitely going for a walk.  I want a bagel and we need to get out of this house!!  

#288 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 AM

I am going to have to get outside for lunch. It's freezing in this office.

I think Norah might finally have cut a tooth. My nipples look like they've been attacked.

#289 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I remember feeling similarly on antidepressants, like the fire I had in me to fight certain things wasn't there.  I was fine and not anxious, and definitely not depressed, but I just didn't have that snappy energy that I would use to make small talk or even start up an interesting discussion.  Weird.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. Sometimes I'll even start to type something out to post and then decide against it because I just don't feel like it or it doesn't seem worth getting into a discussion.

My anxiety is better, I think. I'm sleeping better (not counting Dylan waking me). I fall asleep more easily because my mind isn't racing with a gazillion thoughts that I can't seem to stop.

I am almost always in bed before 11 pm. We usually head to bed around 10 pm if not earlier. I cannot stay up any later. Sometimes I hope I will be able to get back up after everyone is asleep so I can knit without interruption for a while but it never happens because by the time they are asleep I'm comfy and decide sleeping is more important. I guess that's a good thing.

Oh, after 9 days of spotting and 3 or 4 days of dry (one day of maybe sticky CF) I'm spotting again. It's actually somewhere between spotting and what I would consider light flow. I guess that means I didn't actually O? shrug.gif

#290 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM

Hey Ladies! Sorry if I have been MIA lately, just kind of busy with kiddo's and whatnot. I am a total stalker though and always read along lol.gif

MW - I am glad your feeling better. Sorry about the lack of "fire" though. 

Kat - I don't know if I ever really lost weight when first getting pregnant, but if I start out with some extra fluff I definitely don't gain for awhile. All of my final pregnancy weights have had me right at 150lbs. Whether I start at 115 or 130, LOL.

So, I had a very interesting experience yesterday. I went to a chiropractor/FSM (Frequency Specific Microcurrent) specialist. It srsly nice to get adjusted. It has been about 10 years and I needed just about every adjustment down to my toenails. More interestingly though he does muscle testing and the FSM treatments. I had 27 of the 32 candida strains, a virus, and vaccine toxicity. Some of my family members have been going to him for about a year and he slowly works on your body, and your body tells him what it needs to get rid of most. (for me it was the candida and more specifically a certain strain. Robustia or something). Anyways, hope that makes sense, pretty cool stuff if you believe in naturopathic stuff.

I took Jacinta because she has the muscle weakness and walks funny and had the delayed speech, etc. And HepB was her main cause of concern like I figured. That vaccine sucks, it just solidified in my mind that I am definitely not giving that one ever again.

I just wanted to share that in case anyone else cares - I know we were talking about vaccines and that one was the worst I gave her out of 2 rounds or shots (4 months and 9 months).

Oh, and FSM is basically just the belief that all things have a frequency in your body (every virus, bacteria, etc.) and the machine tunes into that frequency and vibrates those cells until they burst. That is about as good as I can explain it! 

In other news, A is still sucking it up and the sleeping thing. Some nights she sleeps all the way through and some nights she is HELL (like last night) ugh. I hope it is a phase and she gets over it freaking soon!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#291 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 02:40 PM

Oh, and did I tell you ladies that I decided to write a series? 2whistle.gif Yep, I'm crazy! LOL 

Places like Amazon have made it so simple to upload your ebooks and sell them to people that it is almost a no-brainer. I have always loved writing and I have read hundreds of books. Anyways, I just think it will be a nice hobby. I don't know how to knit or sew and I just *feel* right trying to be an indie writer. I've already had a bunch of fun thinking up a story line and plot.

Even if I never make a dime selling my books, I'll have fun! Sheepish.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#292 of 293 Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 PM

That's awesome Annie! I've had thoughts of writing a book to help parents navigate having a baby in the hospital w/a CHD but the thought of sitting down and writing makes me want to take a nap.

MW, my DH really should take antidepressants but he won't because he says it makes him feel dull. Since he's in sales, he really does need to have a lively personality.

Sleep sucks in my house but Ava is gaining new skills every day so I have to imagine it's just where she's at right now. I'll get rest one day I'm sure. sleepytime.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#293 of 293 Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

MW, my DH really should take antidepressants but he won't because he says it makes him feel dull. Since he's in sales, he really does need to have a lively personality

That's interesting. It seems like the opposite of what it should be. You'd think people with depression would be flat or dull not on meds and be more lively on meds. His job must be difficult for him. I don't know how he does it with depression.

I am enjoying things more, I think. The other day I finally found out who Adele is and listened to an hour long concert by her on YouTube. She really is an amazing singer. I really enjoyed listening to the music. Before I had thoughts that getting into things like music and movies and books or whatever was silly, pointless but now I'm seeing the joy in the little things again. I watched a Monty Python movie with Ryan the other day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

Even if I never make a dime selling my books, I'll have fun! Sheepish.gif

That is very cool. I'm the same way with my knitting. I think about selling it whenever I start to have time to knit a lot but I don't really care if I make any money doing it. I just enjoy knitting and am happy to give stuff away.

You'll have to let us know when you get one up there for sale. I have a Nook. Would I be able to get it on that or do you have to have a Kindle?

New thread for August: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1359569/august-2012-rockstar-mamas

Tags
Parenting , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page