July 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

It's odd that it got bigger. does it also need to breathe? I have never had ringworm myself, so not sure what would cause it to get bigger. I have had athlete's foot, and that sucked.

IDK. I was following some directions i read online. it can spread so i'd assume the patches would get bigger if not treated properly.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

JJ: what's the big deal? IIRC did he have addiction issues? and why should HIS sister have to drink alone, what's the fun in that?

I know! I felt bad for her! People were already ragging on her for wanting a party, and then to all ditch her to drink alone at the table? It was just mean. 

he did have addiction issues, but with prescription drugs, never alcohol. He drinks more than i do! (Socially, and on occasion, not in a habitual way). He's never had a problem with me drinking before. I -think- what he was angry about, was that I took the shots, and then was going to in the future nurse Tenley (like 2 hours down the road... ) and I was somehow being irresponsible. (Even though we've talked about the amount of alcohol that gets through into breastmilk before). 

My guess is affected by the fact that again yesterday, he came to pick us up (he wasn't at the party initially, just T and I), and it was a pool party, so we'd been outside. First thing he did, was pick her up and start checking her for heat and/or sunburn. And made a show of whispering in her ear "It's ok, you can tell me! Tell dada!" like yes, I had been neglecting her all day and letting her get heatstroke.... ... ... In front of his parents and all his siblings and their kids. Like really? I think we're going to sit down tonight and talk, because this is getting ridiculous. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

JJ ~ Do you all have an agreement that you won't drink around him? Some people with addictions need those closest to them to abstain as well, at least while they are with each other. Maybe he felt unsupported by you.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM

ooh, that whispering would burn me up! try to talk some sense into him. And seriously, it cannot be as hot as what I have had the kids in all this last week - 100+ temps - we stay shaded when we can, or in the water, use sunscreen when appropriate and stay hydrated.

The worst I've had happen from drinking and breastfeeding is a baby sleep a little better :) not a bad side effect, IMHO LOL.

what is it about kids napping that makes me want to nap, rather than be productive?

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 07-09-2012, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

He drinks more than i do! (Socially, and on occasion, not in a habitual way). He's never had a problem with me drinking before.

Well, that negates my guess at why he's mad. I don't get it, then. Is he jealous of the closeness between you and T? Even if he is, that's no excuse for that kind of behavior.

I had to talk to my dh the other day because he kept making negative comments about things that D was doing right to him. Not mean but things like when I'd try to get D to do something and he wouldn't, dh would say something like, "Why should I do what you say? That's no fun." as if he were D. Just because he can't talk doesn't mean he doesn't understand every word we say and that sort of thing could reinforce D not doing what we want. KWIM?

Having a couple alcoholic drinks every once in a while when breastfeeding is no biggie, imo.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM

Even doing shots while nursing is nbd.  You're right, the amount in BM is negligible.  I think your DH is seriously having some issues, JJ!  Idk why or what from, but all these little stabs at your judgement are really uncool.  I do think you need to call him out on it and really demand an explanation so you guys can work this out.  

I drink wine or whiskey every night practically.  Some nights more than others, but never to the point where I'm like drunk falling on my face.  I really don't see the harm.  

re: the head shaking - Finn does it still!  And now he's starting to actually do it to say "no" which I think is adorable and incredible.  We can't "make" him do it, like tell him, "Say no!"  but if he's doing something he shouldn't be or if Nora is, he'll start shaking his head, "No-no-no" really fast when he gets caught until he giggles.  It's so funny!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-09-2012, 03:52 PM

That's so cute!

I am letting Norah make DH's office messier .. . .why not?

Carrie, drink for me!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 07-09-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Even doing shots while nursing is nbd.  You're right, the amount in BM is negligible.  I think your DH is seriously having some issues, JJ!  Idk why or what from, but all these little stabs at your judgement are really uncool.  I do think you need to call him out on it and really demand an explanation so you guys can work this out.  
I drink wine or whiskey every night practically.  Some nights more than others, but never to the point where I'm like drunk falling on my face.  I really don't see the harm.

yeahthat.gif 
Quote:

re: the head shaking - Finn does it still!  And now he's starting to actually do it to say "no" which I think is adorable and incredible.  We can't "make" him do it, like tell him, "Say no!"  but if he's doing something he shouldn't be or if Nora is, he'll start shaking his head, "No-no-no" really fast when he gets caught until he giggles.  It's so funny!!!

Funny!

Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 PM

JJ, that would piss me off. These little guys understand EVERYTHING. I hate that grownups think they don't understand just because they aren't communicating with words. I'd probably be blunt but nice. "DH, I love DD. I will not purposely do something to hurt her. It makes me very angry/upset/hurt/ when you doubt my judgement. Can you please make an effort to curb those types of statements/actions?"

DD is saying her name. But she's pronouncing it "Ah-vah" instead of "Ay-vah". Her babysitter and my goddaughter both speak spanish and they call her "Ah-vah". Too funny. She's in hog heaven now that the big kids are back home. love.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Glad your family is whole again!

It's been a oroductive day. I got Norah in bed without DH here to occupy DS. God bless iPhones! She has wanted to sleep a lot today. I am hungry again. Curse of pregncy and breast feeding, I can't eat much at once, so I am hungry all the time. Yay.

*yawn*

Old 07-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Glad your family is whole again!
It's been a oroductive day. I got Norah in bed without DH here to occupy DS. God bless iPhones! She has wanted to sleep a lot today. I am hungry again. Curse of pregncy and breast feeding, I can't eat much at once, so I am hungry all the time. Yay.
*yawn*

I can't imagine!!!  Omg I know how hungry I am multiply that times one nursling one growing baby AND my own self -- aye!!  I'd be constantly eating!!!  Enjoy food -- I'll enjoy wine for you!  

I tried giving the baby my phone this morning so I could close my eyes for 5 more minutes.  Yeah.  He took it and threw it and it went behind the bed WITH toddler lock still making all the sounds!  Not exactly restful!! LOL I might wait a few more weeks before trying that again!

Love that Ava is saying her name!  So cute.  can't wait for that!

Right now, he has Mama, Dada, Nora (sounds like Oh-Ah)...and I think that's it.  Oh and he makes the sound "tickle-tickle-tickle" and it's adorable!  I should jot this down for his baby book.  

What else?  Really cruising along planning his party.  MW/Lauri - what are you guys doing for birthdays??!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I tried giving the baby my phone this morning so I could close my eyes for 5 more minutes.  Yeah.  He took it and threw it and it went behind the bed WITH toddler lock still making all the sounds!  Not exactly restful!! LOL I might wait a few more weeks before trying that again!

Love that Ava is saying her name!  So cute.  can't wait for that!
Right now, he has Mama, Dada, Nora (sounds like Oh-Ah)...and I think that's it.  Oh and he makes the sound "tickle-tickle-tickle" and it's adorable!  I should jot this down for his baby book.  

What else?  Really cruising along planning his party.  MW/Lauri - what are you guys doing for birthdays??!!

I can't give D my phone. He puts in his mouth and drools all over it. I think that's what messed up my phone at my mom's house when it started calling the police station over and over again.

He's not saying anything yet. Still just sounds.

We're not doing anything big. Probably just a cake and some balloons and just us family. I don't think will even get him any presents. We have so many toys and clothes that more will just add to the mess and he won't know the difference yet. My mom is planning to come the weekend after his birthday to celebrate.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Gabe works the phone better than some of his grandparents! LOL Norah . . . still doesn't get it.

Gabe is finally calling people by name, Mom, Dad-dee, Rah (for Norah) she also gets "ser" (sister) and "silly girl", grandma is "Ahh" and grandpa is "ha". Nana and Grandaddy don't get called anything yet.

9 months old today! I only need to try to keep lactating for 3 more months. It is so frustrating, because most of what I read says if you will make enough milk, you will, but if you don't, there isn't a whole lot you can do about when you're pregnant, because all the normal increasing rules are no longer working (eating and drinking more, increasing demand, even lactogouges). It's almost enough to make me want to give up. But I am still making milk, and it seems to be enough with the solids she's eating, that we are OK for now . . .day by day.

I am tired. Ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow! I will have an official date!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow! I will have an official date!

Exciting!

Dylan fell asleep early last night. I was caught off guard again so he didn't have a night diaper on. He just had on a cotton flannel dipe and a regular pair of wool shorts. It worked fine, didn't leak, but some of the dye from the wool stained the diaper because it was so wet. I could seriously get used to this schedule. Asleep by 9 pm and still sleeping at 8 am with a nap for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:48 PM

That is an awesome schedule! That's more like my toddler's schedule - he's in bed between 9:30-11 (big gap I know) up at 8-9, with a long nap after lunch.

Norah . . . .  she's in bed around 9, with however many wake ups, and up for the day between 7-9, she takes 2-3 naps that are kind of random in timing and length. Alot depends on Gabe not waking her, LOL.

I need to kick my butt in gear, I am tired. I did nap a little with Norah today, until Gabe came in from his nap letting me know he had pooped.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Birthday party on Saturday! Trying to keep my mom from going in to complete stress-out mode. I don't want Ava's party to be a high stress. I need to finish her slideshow so I can play it at her party. I'm going to post it on FB on Tuesday on her b-day. I'm making the smash cake and then DH is picking up the special cake on Saturday.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it is a pretty nice schedule. Gives me an hour or two at night to relax, maybe even spend some time with my dh, and at least a little time in the morning. And since he's more mobile and getting more mature I can get more stuff done while he's awake, like cleaning up the upstairs playroom that never gets done. He still wakes a few times at night but it's cool because he just nurses and goes back to sleep most of the time. He has even gotten to where he'll nurse and then unlatch and roll over when he's done rather than falling completely asleep while nursing.

I made cookie dough today. After that Kellen decided he wanted to make something so he made an individual chocolate lava cake. We were supposed to go to a pool party with dh's unit tonight but it has been cancelled because of thunderstorms. I went to the psych for my antidepressant refill and told him I'd been having leg cramps. His solution was to prescribe me muscle relaxers. eyesroll.gif I told him I was breastfeeding so then he said to just drink lots of water. lol.gif

Let's see. I know I had more stuff to share. Oh, Dylan is getting quite the attitude. When he gets mad he screams and even hits! He also scrunches up his face into a stink face like Kellen used to do. Very funny! Yesterday those two were upstairs playing. I ran downstairs to grab something real quick. The gate at the top of the stairs was locked. Next thing I knew they were both walking into the kitchen. Apparently, Kellen opened the gate so they could come down.

I'm knitting baby legs for the first time for the woman in my homeschool group who just had the baby. They are easy and cute. I'm thinking I could make some for any of you guys if you want any. I can post pics of the yarn I have so you can pick what you like. It also occurred to me that I could use my scraps of girly sock yarn to make socks for any of you who have girls if you'd like them. That would help me get my stash down a bit. It's getting quite big and I've got at least 3 orders coming in so I really need to get some of this knit up. I haven't knit anything for Dylan recently because he has enough shorts and I don't want to make pants too far out for fear that he might be too big for them when the time comes. Most everything is wool (Sorry, Carrie.). Some of the sock yarn has nylon or bamboo or cashmere and all of that is machine washable on gentle and lay flat to dry.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:

Yeah - I totally agree that drinking while breastfeeding is NBD. My BIL does this to my sister. Makes her think she's a crazy drunk and feel bad when she has a couple drinks while nursing. Meanwhile he has 3 DUI's eyesroll.gif Their whole relationship is nuts though.......what are you gonna do?

Quote:

Yeah, it is a pretty nice schedule. Gives me an hour or two at night to relax, maybe even spend some time with my dh, and at least a little time in the morning. And since he's more mobile and getting more mature I can get more stuff done while he's awake, like cleaning up the upstairs playroom that never gets done. He still wakes a few times at night but it's cool because he just nurses and goes back to sleep most of the time. He has even gotten to where he'll nurse and then unlatch and roll over when he's done rather than falling completely asleep while nursing.
I made cookie dough today. After that Kellen decided he wanted to make something so he made an individual chocolate lava cake. We were supposed to go to a pool party with dh's unit tonight but it has been cancelled because of thunderstorms. I went to the psych for my antidepressant refill and told him I'd been having leg cramps. His solution was to prescribe me muscle relaxers. eyesroll.gif I told him I was breastfeeding so then he said to just drink lots of water. lol.gif
Let's see. I know I had more stuff to share. Oh, Dylan is getting quite the attitude. When he gets mad he screams and even hits! He also scrunches up his face into a stink face like Kellen used to do. Very funny! Yesterday those two were upstairs playing. I ran downstairs to grab something real quick. The gate at the top of the stairs was locked. Next thing I knew they were both walking into the kitchen. Apparently, Kellen opened the gate so they could come down.
I'm knitting baby legs for the first time for the woman in my homeschool group who just had the baby. They are easy and cute. I'm thinking I could make some for any of you guys if you want any. I can post pics of the yarn I have so you can pick what you like. It also occurred to me that I could use my scraps of girly sock yarn to make socks for any of you who have girls if you'd like them. That would help me get my stash down a bit. It's getting quite big and I've got at least 3 orders coming in so I really need to get some of this knit up. I haven't knit anything for Dylan recently because he has enough shorts and I don't want to make pants too far out for fear that he might be too big for them when the time comes. Most everything is wool (Sorry, Carrie.). Some of the sock yarn has nylon or bamboo or cashmere and all of that is machine washable on gentle and lay flat to dry.

That is an awesome schedule. A has been settling down to the one nap now. She was going back and forth between waking up early and taking two naps and going to bed late to then wake up the NEXT morning late, take one nap and go to bed early to then repeat the first one. If that makes sense. 

A still doesn't really say words either. She does *talk* quite a bit though. None of my girls have been early talkers though. 

She also has quite the attitude! Did I tell you ladies I got 2 kitties last week? I know, I'm nuts! lol.gif And anytime any of the other girls or me or DH pet the kittens in her presence she starts screaming. Crazy kids. 

MW - Can Dylan go down the steps by himself or did Kellen help him? My steps are way to scary for any babies to attempt by themselves until they are closer to 2 2 1/2. I wish I had normal stairs so I could get rid of these stupid gates!!!

Yeah - I would LOVE anything you made! You could get rid of any girly thread through me fo sho! Sooooo many girls hammer.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Asleep by 9 pm and still sleeping at 8 am with a nap for 2-3 hours in the middle of the day.

That sounds like heaven!!  

My two are usually down by 9 when Dh isn't home.  When he is home it's 10.  Then nora will sleep a solid 12 hours (sometimes she gets up by 830, sometimes as late as 930) but Finn...sigh.  Finn needs to work on his nightly wake ups.  I don't mind the waking to nurse if he goes right back to sleep.  But lately he won't resettle on his own and needs a lot of shushing and pating and sometimes all out stand up and rocking!  I'm over it!  

Quote:
Most everything is wool (Sorry, Carrie.). Some of the sock yarn has nylon or bamboo or cashmere and all of that is machine washable on gentle and lay flat to dry.

Awe, bummer!  If you find you have some synthetic material lmk.  I'd love a pair of 'em.  None of the ones I've found fit finn's thighs.  You know what i was trying to find?  Just KNEE protectors.  Like non slip with like, the stuff that is on the bottom of socks, but for over the knees.  To keep him from getting scraped out outdoors.  anyone ever see anything like that?

Ok so party!  I'm nuts.  A friend of mine made up (FOR FREE) a bunch of templates for food, cupcake flags and wrappers, a banner with his name -- all in the pirate theme!  Even some with pirate Mickey and I'm like, so freaking excited!  Here is my pinterest board.  

http://pinterest.com/baby_cakes/finnley-s-1st-bday-ideas/

The only thing I'm thinking is skipping making a cake and just do cupckaes.  Way lower stress, way more fun to eat, you know?  

They'll most likely be these but with a different flag.

http://pinterest.com/pin/67835538107956933/

And the water bottles!  she made me these water bottle labels!!  

PirateParty-4_600x400.jpg

I picked up eye patches, plates, and napkins at Target today.  I still have to get invites made up (just going to email them) and printed.  I'm so freaking excited.  I've never done a party like this before!  Feels so fun!  

And omg.  Just now...Finn took a step.  He went from the bed to me w/o holding on.  OMG.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ There are these: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=537825&cmSource=Search. It probably wouldn't be hard to knit or crochet some and then put that rubbery fabric paint on them to keep them from slipping. That's what people use on the bottom of socks and slippers. But he's walking! Who needs knee protectors anymore? Dylan had dark, bruised knees for a long time from crawling on the hardwood floor.

That's a lot of cool pirate stuff. Are you going to do all of it? How did your friend make those bottle labels?

Funny that you think cupcakes are easier than cakes. I'm the opposite. I think cupcakes are a pain and cakes are so much easier.

annie ~ Dylan has been doing the alternate schedules for a while now. For the last two weeks or so, not including when he was sick. he's been pretty consistent about taking just one nap is getting more consistent about falling asleep by 9. I'm not used to it yet, though, and rarely have him ready for bed in time. We used to not bother putting a night time diaper on him until closer to 10 because he'd be up until at least then if not 11 and sometimes even later.

Oh, yeah, all those girls need socks! I'm not sure about the largest size I can make with the leftovers I have. The nice thing about learning to do two-at-a-time toe-up socks is that I can just knit until I run out of yarn so I might get anklets or mid-calf or something in between.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:48 PM

OMG Carrie! Sooooo freaking cute!!! Can't believe all the babies are getting so big joy.gif

Quote:

Funny that you think cupcakes are easier than cakes. I'm the opposite. I think cupcakes are a pain and cakes are so much easier.
annie ~ Dylan has been doing the alternate schedules for a while now. For the last two weeks or so, not including when he was sick. he's been pretty consistent about taking just one nap is getting more consistent about falling asleep by 9. I'm not used to it yet, though, and rarely have him ready for bed in time. We used to not bother putting a night time diaper on him until closer to 10 because he'd be up until at least then if not 11 and sometimes even later.
Oh, yeah, all those girls need socks! I'm not sure about the largest size I can make with the leftovers I have. The nice thing about learning to do two-at-a-time toe-up socks is that I can just knit until I run out of yarn so I might get anklets or mid-calf or something in between.

I also think that cupcakes are easier thank a cake........although I am along the lines of buying cakes/cupcakes not MAKING them (I know, I'm a bum) and cupcakes are easier to eat since they don't need their own plates and utensils to eat. If that makes sense. 

That is cool about just knitting until you run out - I srsly need to learn how to knit one of these days!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 07-11-2012, 05:55 PM

Cupcakes make me a bit batty too because you have to put icing on all of them. But easier at the actual party because you don't have to cut a cake. I'm so excited to see what Ava's cake looks like. I hope I'm not disappointed.

I'm trying to not go overboard with the decorations. I didn't do all matchy-matchy plates, I'm just doing red plates, green silverware and probably orange napkins. I have some decorations and told my mom to not buy more.

I'm getting jealous that all the other babies are walking and Ava isn't! I know it will take time but boo!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ The average age for babies to walk is actually 12-15 months, so she's not behind. She'll get there! And she's talking. I'm jealous that you guys have talking babies. I've been trying to get Dylan to say, "Mama," but no luck. Although, he smiles like crazy when I say it. love.gif He doesn't even really babble, just makes randoms sounds and screams a lot. lol.gif

Yeah, cupcakes are easier to serve but individually frosting all of them gets me. And, I like frosting. I wouldn't eat cake if it weren't for frosting. So, I want frosting all over my piece in every bite. Sheepish.gif Can't really get that with a cupcake unless you spread the frosting around while eating it.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:

Annie ~ The average age for babies to walk is actually 12-15 months, so she's not behind. She'll get there! And she's talking. I'm jealous that you guys have talking babies. I've been trying to get Dylan to say, "Mama," but no luck. Although, he smiles like crazy when I say it. love.gif He doesn't even really babble, just makes randoms sounds and screams a lot. lol.gif

Yep - my other two girls both started walking about 14/15ish months. I was surprised when Arianna started walking about 12 months! I guess she needed to keep up with the big kids orngtongue.gif

MW - A won't say mama either!!!!! I can count on one hand the amount of times she has said it. She said it once randomly when she was younger (and whining of course) and just recently on a long car trip. She says dada and da to most things. She tried to say kitty when we got them, but it is mostly just the K sound. Oh, and she said "bobble" earlier. All of my kids have called their water bottle's etc. Bobble's. I have been purposefully saying boTTle to A so she wouldn't pick up the bad habit. Guess it is just genetic!!! lol.gif

Oh, and it didn't help that at a family reunion on Saturday, a baby who was almost her exact age (her great aunt couldn't remember if she was born the 7th or the 4th) pointed to A and said "baby!" PERFECTLY. Showoff wink1.gif

Old 07-11-2012, 06:35 PM

That's true MW. All perspective. And I know it may be awhile before Ava walks. DSD 13 didn't walk until she was 14 months old. So it may be a while. She doesn't have any problems getting to where she wants to go though!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Haha! Gotta love those show off babies!

I didn't answer you about Dylan and stares. He can go up and down them himself. Kellen only helped him bust out. Do you think that means I can stop worrying about it? IDK. He still doesn't always get that there's an edge he can fall off. Sometimes when he stops and decides to sit he's right on the edge and would topple if I didn't catch him. He has only done that once on the stairs and he was only up 1 or 2 steps so it wasn't a big fall but he does it on the couch all the time.

Carrie ~ Do you remember that yarn I posted about on FB that I had finally gotten after something like 2 years of waiting? It's called Pieced of Eight. hehe The colors don't really make me think pirates so I'm not sure why it was named that but I thought it was cool. I'll be making a pair of pants for Dylan out of it.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh! DH is really pissing me off. I asked him to empty the trash can so that I could clean up our trash from lunch. He did that but then just sat in the kitchen doing whatever. I had Dylan so I couldn't get up and do anything. When he got up and started doing stuff I asked him to come spend time with his family. He said he was going to clean. I asked him again to please come spend some time with his family. His response was, "Ok, I'll trade you." In other words, he would take Dylan so I could clean up. Um, that's not what I said. I wanted him to actually spend some time with us, sitting, talking, laughing, enjoying each other instead of always doing something else. I did not get up and clean right that second. I said I'd get it when I get it. He got mad and started passive/aggressively insulting me about the house being dirty implying that we are slobs or something, I guess. Finally, I told him to go clean it then. We don't need to be here if we bother him so much. Now he's stomping around the house "picking up" as he calls it while holding Dylan. I'm mad so I'm not going to do anything. I'm going to leave my trash on the table and see how much it bothers him. mischievous.gif

I get like that. If you try to tell me what to do and when to do it, I'm for sure not going to do it even if it's something I said I would do. Why doesn't he understand that I wanted him to pay attention to us instead of his stuff? (And, yes, I know I'm probably a little crazy for complaining that my dh is cleaning.)

Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:

Ugh! DH is really pissing me off. I asked him to empty the trash can so that I could clean up our trash from lunch. He did that but then just sat in the kitchen doing whatever. I had Dylan so I couldn't get up and do anything. When he got up and started doing stuff I asked him to come spend time with his family. He said he was going to clean. I asked him again to please come spend some time with his family. His response was, "Ok, I'll trade you." In other words, he would take Dylan so I could clean up. Um, that's not what I said. I wanted him to actually spend some time with us, sitting, talking, laughing, enjoying each other instead of always doing something else. I did not get up and clean right that second. I said I'd get it when I get it. He got mad and started passive/aggressively insulting me about the house being dirty implying that we are slobs or something, I guess. Finally, I told him to go clean it then. We don't need to be here if we bother him so much. Now he's stomping around the house "picking up" as he calls it while holding Dylan. I'm mad so I'm not going to do anything. I'm going to leave my trash on the table and see how much it bothers him. mischievous.gif
I get like that. If you try to tell me what to do and when to do it, I'm for sure not going to do it even if it's something I said I would do. Why doesn't he understand that I wanted him to pay attention to us instead of his stuff? (And, yes, I know I'm probably a little crazy for complaining that my dh is cleaning.)

Yeah, my husband is an OCD neat freak. When other women complain that their husbands don't clean, I just imagine a husband who doesn't clean lol.gif He goes around all day picking up stuff while I would rather just do one BIG cleanup once a day and maybe deep clean once a week. 

I think all us ladies need to go on a REAL vacation. Somewhere tropical champagne.gif Of course now we will have to wait for Kat to have the baby and said baby get older........sooooo, like 3ish years? LOL

Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

I think all us ladies need to go on a REAL vacation. Somewhere tropical champagne.gif Of course now we will have to wait for Kat to have the baby and said baby get older........sooooo, like 3ish years? LOL

AGREED! I saw a deal come through my email a few weeks ago from Travelzoo that was a 6 night cruise to Bermuda for $399 on Royal Carribean with a $100 onboard credit. Oh man! How I would love to be on a cruise with you ladies!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:38 PM

So much happening here today guys!! lol  I'm following along, but had a busy day (even though I didn't leave the house... lol) I might get a chance to come back and do personals tomorrow. 

For the past week or so, T has been waking up every 45 minutes during the night. *headspin* I know a lot of it is teething, but knowing why doesn't help the fact that when I get up, I'm so tired that I'm dizzy. It sucks. so much.  Anyways, we've been trying everything, and last night we brought her into bed with us at the start. I've been noticing that the alst few times she's been in bed with us, for various reasons (teething, sick, random cuddle night), she's --finally-- cuddling with me/us without wanting to nurse all night! It used to be if she was in bed, she was nursing. Period. I couldn't have her in bed without her wanting to nurse all night long- which kept me up. But she seems to be growing out of that, which is so nice!  Anywho, so we brought her into bed last night, and she slept for almost 4 hours straight!! It was such a dream! And then she did I think 2 hours and then went back to every 40 minutes, but still!!

So... I told DH that for one week, I'm going to put her to bed in her crib, and then whenever her first wakeup is after we go to bed, I'll bring her in with us for the rest of the night. After a week, if she's sleeping better like that, well... significantly better I guess I should amend to... then we're going to look at getting a king size bed. I don't know how we'll fit it in the room and still be able to move, but it would be worth it. If she will sleep with us without nursing, then that's wonderful. But we don't fit, not even close, in the queen. I wake up feeling like I slept on a park bench, I'm so cramped and squished. So a bigger bed would be needed. 

So that's our big news! We may turn into a co-sleeping family after all!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 07-12-2012, 05:39 AM

JJ: Hooray for Co-sleeping!

MW: Stairs . . . once DS could go up and down them well on his own, I stopped worrying. That was around 2, but he didn't have stairs until then either (like inside the house stairs). Norah has gone up one step, freaked out, and went back down again.

A cruise without kids?! OMG yeah . . .  probably 3 years :(

Ultrasound later this morning . . . . woot!

Tags
Parenting , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement
User Tag List