To have a 4th or not to have.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gah!! I just don't know!!!! I'm going to be 27 soon...I get severe SPD with each pregnancy and had Pre natal and post partum depression.....so on paper I look like a freak for wanting a 4th baby but for some reason I just cant shake the feeling!
My dh is on the fence because our families wouldn't approve because this last pregnancy was SOOOO hard on my physically and emotionally but they'd get over it eventually....it's just crappy to deal with their disappointment at first....

Is there really that big of difference between 3 and 4?
Is there any way to prevent SPD? Besides chiropractor care which I'll be receiving anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM

for spd i have read eating eggs everyday helps. or take lecithin(which is in eggs) i did that when it got bad during my last pregnancy and the spd went totally away!

my 3 kids were 16, 15 and 9 when i had #4. i don't regret it of course! the ppd and sleep deprivation sucks again, though.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#3 of 7 Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 PM

No regrets here by having a 4th. I was 27 when he was born (he's now 5 *sniff*).

Best of luck deciding!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#4 of 7 Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose View Post

for spd i have read eating eggs everyday helps. or take lecithin(which is in eggs) i did that when it got bad during my last pregnancy and the spd went totally away!

my 3 kids were 16, 15 and 9 when i had #4. i don't regret it of course! the ppd and sleep deprivation sucks again, though.

I would have had the best pregnancy ever had it not been for the friggen SPD it really took a toll on me...

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#5 of 7 Old 07-04-2012, 04:01 AM

I seriously advise trying the eggs or lecithin supplement! I had it with two pregnancies and didn't eat eggs with the first spd time, but the last time I googled it and could only find one link where someone mentions eggs so I forced them down everyday and i swear the pain disappeared. Now if I google it I am finding lots of links about lecithin and spd!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#6 of 7 Old 07-04-2012, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

This really gives me hope! Honestly it's really what was holdin me back and making me hesitate! I just kid of feel like its now or never...it wouldn't be fair to have 3 all close together and then have the 4th way in the future if we could help it!

#7 of 7 Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 AM

my kids are thrilled at #4, and #3 is 9! it was easier when I was younger(physically) but that's the worst of it for me. the teenagers ADORE the baby, like to carry her around everywhere we go and the 9 year old wakes up and plays with the baby first thing everyday. my first two are close in age and the third came 5 years after #2. this is it for me, as it is not fair to MYSELF lol if spd were the biggest factor, i'd certainly have more. sleep and fear of another high needs baby was the main reason i did not have another for so long.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page