the mummy bucket list project - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been thinking of a mummy bucket list, a bucket list of things I want to do with my daughter before she's grown, and she's still rather small to start doing just yet (4.5 months).  I was hoping to find some other parents who might enjoy sharing something like this, so we can all share ideas and whatnot (like pinterest, with fewer pictures).  I blogged about it here http://naturemummy.blogspot.ca/2012/07/mummy-bucket-list.html .  My first item is that we are going to create a story together and we make up a little more every night before bed, and when we're finished, I hope to transcribe it all and publish it with a one-off publisher like createspace, so we can both have a (pretty awesome) keepsake. 

naturemummy.blogspot.ca

#2 of 7 Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

awesome idea!  I hope to travel with mine.  I always wanted to do disney, so that is my start!

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#3 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Hi peaceful mama!  My folks actually drove with us for four days to take us to Disney when we were little.  When we got there mom gave us a little autograph book to use and we got autographs from all of the dressed up characters - I was SO proud of having Snow White's autograph when I was 10.  It was such a great idea of mom's  - thought I'd share it with you for your own trip!

naturemummy.blogspot.ca

#4 of 7 Old 07-13-2012, 06:11 PM

Great thread.

I would like to take my DD to Africa when she is older (maybe ~16) for a couple weeks to volunteer with an organization that helps empower and educate women.  It's something I'm really looking forward to doing and I hope she wants to go with me.

I asked her if she wanted to go tonight and she said yes.  She is only 5 though and did ask if we could bring the neighbors' kids.  loltwins.gif

Jen

naturemummy likes this.
#5 of 7 Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

hmmm.. when i think of bucket list i think of some particular item. like disneyland together or climb Mount Dana together or something to that level. 

but really there is one thing i have always wanted to attain with dd. is the unexpected with the surprise and spur of the moment thing. 

dd is almost 10 now and as i look back i feel we have done it.

i have moved away from things - because they collect and that's so much to carry later on. 

instead i have worked on memories. not with photographs but with oral 'histories'. 

some of it dd remembers some she doesnt (heck some I dont). but starting young it got her to expect the unexpected. 

its like 'no - no icecream for breakfast' and 5 mins later - ah what the heck, lets have icecream for bfast. i tell you i have been 'inconsistent' since dd was 2 and we have both loved it.

we have skipped school on 'happy days'. we have gone for midnight walks on hot, hot nights. we actually started our halloween walks with hot chocolate when she was 3. 

i had no idea if i was doing the right thing - till i overheard her tell her friends. sometimes a memory back from when she was 3. 

we do get to do a lot together. THAT i am so thankful for. 

i hope before i die i get to go on a international tour for a couple of months to a few countries while working on organic farms. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#6 of 7 Old 07-17-2012, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

I love your ideas of memories over things

naturemummy.blogspot.ca

#7 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 AM

Love this! I as a girl never got to be a girl scout, take a dance class. We as a family grew up pretty poor so vacations never happened. Disneyland didn't, till I went with my friends family at 11 years old!

So I enrolled DD in a tumbling class. It was better then Gymboree because the kiddos learn about gymnastics. Will be doing classes as much as possible through the city community center. Next when she turns 3, ballet if she likes it.

Camping. We went just last week and had a blast. The first of many annual camping trips I hope.

Travel/vacations. If we can afford it, we are going. If I have some credit debt afterwards, so be it. What I get in return is my DD seeing new places and things and getting to do it with her mommy and daddy.

When she's older I want to take her to concerts, get her interested in a musical instrument or continue with dance. If she wants to, I won't force it. Even girl scouts. She's lucky because I never was able to. I come from a family of musicians so do want to instill that as well.

I hope I can atleast accomplish these things!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page