What was your most embarrassing parenting moment ever? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-24-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Our new daddy blogger Brian Leaf posted a hilarious blog a couple of days ago about a particularly embarrassing parenting moment he experienced with his son at a local museum. Check it out on the All Things Mothering blog!

And do share---what was your most embarrassing parenting moment ever??

#2 of 11 Old 07-28-2012, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My son's tantrums when he was younger! Nothing in particular to share; there were lots of moments to choose from!

#3 of 11 Old 07-28-2012, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

When ds#2 was about 5, he used to throw himself around like I was beating him in the store if I told him not to touch something or if I took his arm to guide him away from something he was touching.  So one time we were in target, and he was touching something he shouldn't have been.  I gently took his arm to lead him away, and he ripped his arm out of my hand, threw himself into a shelf and knocked everything down, while yelling, "You pushed me!"  redface.gif I wanted to crawl in the hole and die!

#4 of 11 Old 07-28-2012, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My child used a display toilet in home depot while I was shopping for an area rug.

dogretro and Snowflake777 like this.
#5 of 11 Old 07-29-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextcommercial View Post

My child used a display toilet in home depot while I was shopping for an area rug.

ROTFLMAO.gif

#6 of 11 Old 07-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

OMG nextcommercial - that is hilarious! But of course absolutely embarassing too. lol.gif

Vancouvermommy, I moved your post to Q&S where you can have that different topic of discussion that is not specific to this thread.

#7 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM

I took my oldest ice skating one day when she was 3. My good friend tagged along and was skating with her, when she whispers something to him and he laughs and asks her to say it louder so that I could hear it... across the rink. So she yells at the top of her lungs, "MAMA DIDN'T WEAR ANY UNDERPANTS UNDER HER SKIRT!"

The whole (crowded) rink was laughing hysterically. I think I turned every shade of red and possibly several shades of purple as well.

For the record, I was totally wearing underwear. It came out of a conversation we had had earlier that morning about how her skirt had shorts built in it, but mine didn't, I guess that meant in her little 3 year old brain that I wasn't wearing underwear.

#8 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescent View Post

I took my oldest ice skating one day when she was 3. My good friend tagged along and was skating with her, when she whispers something to him and he laughs and asks her to say it louder so that I could hear it... across the rink. So she yells at the top of her lungs, "MAMA DIDN'T WEAR ANY UNDERPANTS UNDER HER SKIRT!"

The whole (crowded) rink was laughing hysterically. I think I turned every shade of red and possibly several shades of purple as well.

For the record, I was totally wearing underwear. It came out of a conversation we had had earlier that morning about how her skirt had shorts built in it, but mine didn't, I guess that meant in her little 3 year old brain that I wasn't wearing underwear.

spitdrink.gif

#9 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 04:41 PM

It happened last Friday.  I still need to call our friends and apologize profusely.  Friend is a children's performer.  We attended a local free show.  After the show, my kids are in the only shade--the table where CD's and DVD's are being sold.  One of my children wanted a CD, probably one owned by her teacher.  I did not have $ for this.  Fabulous friend GIVES us a coloring book for each child and a DVD--as a GIFT.  I, of course, show my gratitude.  Child continues pitching a fit for CD while I am simutaneously informing her of our gift and wrestling toddler into back of double stroller and telling 3 yr old to get in the front of the stroller.  3 year old instead grabs an abandoned gummy bag off the table.  I pay this no attention since it appears to be empty.  I'm still buckling in toddler and telling 5 year old no-come ON, let's GO...parent of child who abandoned gummies is now trying to tell us they're hers while my 2 kids are under said table eating these 2 gummies--one is still throwing a fit for the CD too.  Friend says 'take the CD' not MEAN like but clearly wanting us out of his business space.  Somewhere in all of this I am managing to get the 3 year old into his stroller spot, gifts in basket.  FINALLY FINALLY we walk away.

What pissed me off even more?  That blasted CD the child wanted so desparately laid abandoned in the back of the van.  I decided that I'm going to offer to pay for it at the very least and that it will be donated to the children's school.  There is NO WAY my child should be rewarded for that behavior.  And the kids got a vocabulary lesson in the van that day.  They learned what it is to be "appalled" and what it means to "take advantage of a friend".  (the CD has been opened, it cannot be returned while the child apologizes.)

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#10 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM

Two incidents come to mind (DS is recently potty trained, which apparently opens the door for all kinds of embarrassing moments.) 

At a bridal shower for a good friend last weekend DS shouted to a crowded room of ladies, "Mommy do big poopie." I was wearing a bright pink dress and I think my face turned the same color.

At the crowded park yesterday, DS had to pee and with no warning, whipped it out and began to pee all over the slide. Apparently he didn't pull his pants down far enough, so there was pee flying everywhere. I rushed over, totally flustered, and tried to help, although I wasn't really sure whether I was pulling his pants up or down. We both ended up with hands, feet, and clothes soaked in pee. And we'd walked to the park in the Ergo, so I had to put a pee soaked toddler on my back and trudge home.

~may all beings be free from suffering~
#11 of 11 Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 PM

My son was 2 and very verbal. We were in a high backed booth and he was standing up and you could just see the top of his bright red hair. He bit into a mozerella stick and said clear as day " g-d dammit that's hot!" I didn't know whether to crawl under the table or smack dh right side the head.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page