August 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-04-2012, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Dylan and I went to The Big Latch On this morning. There was actually an event in Jacksonville for once! We all went for a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood. Ethan says we have to go twice a day to get some exercise. I figured out how to ensure that reverse psychology works. Don't do it on purpose. lol.gif Neither I nor dh told the boys they had to wear their helmets. We didn't say anything at all about helmets. Ethan said he was nervous about crashing on his new, bigger bike so I asked if he wanted his helmet. He said he did. Then Kellen had to have his. thumb.gif
Nothing else planned.

That's great!!!  Glad you went.  How cool!

So funny about the helmets!

So, I meant to tell you guys, we've been reading more about vasectomies and Alysia, I think I"m starting to see what you're talking about.  I think I'm feeling kind of against it now.  Especially after reading this link.

http://www.myfemininemind.com/2012/07/things-your-doctor-may-not-have-told_25.html?m=1

specficially the information about dementia and all that.  Shudder.  

I'm going to seriously stick with FAM.

I haven't been temping since we use condoms all the time.  (It also fell behind the bed one morning and I keep forgetting to grab it, I'll actually go do that right after I post b/c I want to see if I can catch any sign of o this month.)  But, soon.  I really want to get into it more and take more control.  

Finn signed "more" today!!  HIS FIRST SIGN!!!  I'm so freaking excited, I nearly teared up!  Ok, I did tear up!!!  We were all sharing a granola bar, and I walked away to check my fb in the dining room.  A few min later, Finn finds me and is fussing at my feet, so I picked him up.  I said, "What's going on, what do you need?  You can't be tired," and he, w/o a doubt, signed "more"!!!  I said, "You want more?!?  More granola!?" and he screamed excited and waved his arms around like, "YESSS!  You got it, mama!!"  I got him another little piece, and oh boy was he smug!!  He started bouncing around eating it, signing "more, more" over and over and we ALL saw, even Chris!!  Chris was impressed.  I don't think he really understood how COOL this would be!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Very cool that Finn signed! Now you'll have to teach him, "yes' so he can sign that when you get it right. Dylan has still not signed anything but it's obvious he understands what I sign.

Yes, that's exactly the type of thing that concerns me with vasectomy. That goes right to the idea that it's just not a good idea to mess with the natural functioning of the body. Everything works the way it does for a reason and it all works together. Cutting off one function is going to affect other functions of the body. It has to just by the nature of how the body works. I don't see any way around that. I'm going to bookmark that and send it to my dh.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Y'all, I'm in an awkward situation. Ryan's GF broke up with him because he wouldn't choose between her and one of his friends. I think she was hoping he would choose her if she did that but he didn't. He doesn't play games like that. He says he likes her but he doesn't want to deal with her drama. She wants him to spend all of his free time with only her and gets jealous whenever he does something with his friends. I asked him if he thought he might get back together with her and he said he's never gotten back together with an EX. He doesn't want to have to worry about her breaking up with him again.

She texted me today asking for advice on what she could do to get him back. I didn't know what to tell her. I just said that she can't do anything more than tell him how she feels. She said he's thinking about it and she's waiting for a response. I feel bad for her. She seemed like a nice girl, just a little insecure maybe, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I understand Ryan's POV. I'm certainly not going to tell Ryan he has to take her back (He wouldn't do it if I tried, anyway.).

It's weird to be kind of in the middle of my son and his GF. Is that what being a MIL is like? Ack!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Durr. I went out to the lake, and combine that with not getting notifications and I just realized tonight that I haven't heard from this thread in a while... lol. 

Quote:

JJ ~ I don't think I saw that Adele concert series. I watched a 1 hour live concert on YouTube that a friend posted on Facebook.

Ohhhh, you have to listen. That THE reason I love her as much as I do. They're filmed in her home, and she does little interview snippets and stuff too. It's just so... pure. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc83CF8Ejk  That's one of them. No clue how to find the others. It was actually DH who started listening to her music. She starts singing around 1:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Finn signed "more" today!!  HIS FIRST SIGN!!!  I'm so freaking excited, I nearly teared up!  Ok, I did tear up!!!  We were all sharing a granola bar, and I walked away to check my fb in the dining room.  A few min later, Finn finds me and is fussing at my feet, so I picked him up.  I said, "What's going on, what do you need?  You can't be tired," and he, w/o a doubt, signed "more"!!!  I said, "You want more?!?  More granola!?" and he screamed excited and waved his arms around like, "YESSS!  You got it, mama!!"  I got him another little piece, and oh boy was he smug!!  He started bouncing around eating it, signing "more, more" over and over and we ALL saw, even Chris!!  Chris was impressed.  I don't think he really understood how COOL this would be!!!

YAY!! So exciting to see that light turn on, and how proud of themselves they are!!

Ok, so short story... good time out at the lake. Good family time, walks, cuddles, watching olympics, etc etc. Then I got home last night (Ten and I stayed an extra night), and I was really really tired because Ten had been very needy the whole time. I was trying to put her to sleep and made some comment about how I was practically seeing stars because I was so tired. DH (who had already nicely plopped himself in bed without a second thought for the disaster of the house) snarked back that "I don't feel sorry for you. If you're tired, then just go to bed."  Insert me, seeing red. So... I'm taking him freaking literally. I'm sleeping in in the mornings and making him take care of Tenley if I'm still tired. I'm not worrying about cleaning the house, or cooking anything, or putting stuff away, or doing his laundry (it's sitting in a pile on the floor downstairs).  Fine, he thinks it's so easy to just go to bed as soon as you're tired, then I'll do just that. *sigh* It's just so frustrating. Every time we actually have a good time and get to enjoy life as a family, he goes and makes some asshat comment like that. 

So, he made a flirty joke this afternoon about wanting sex, and I deadpanned to him "Yeah, I don't feel sorry for you." And walked away.  *whistle*

Anyways... our other big excitement this week is that Ten has had a fever from Tuesday overnight until Friday morning, ranging between 101- 102.8. Super cuddly, lots of napping and lot of nursing, but no other symptoms. Broke Friday morning, and she was pretty normal for the rest of the day. Then around lunchtime today I changed her and noticed that she's got a light rash all over her core, and slowly spreading to her legs and I think her face now.  Grabbed my Sears book... pretty sure it's Roseola.  No big deal, but interesting! 

Anyways.... she's up crying now, and DH is in there, but doesn't sound like it's working. BBL. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM

Yay for baby signs! Ava has been signing "eat" a lot. She must be going through a growth spurt because she's been eating all.night.long as well as signing eat all the time. She's eating like I did when I was pregnant with her. First breakfast, second breakfast, first lunch, second lunch, etc. Her sleep has been FOR CRAP. Thursday night she woke up at 3 AM and didn't want to be asleep and she didn't want to be awake. She just wanted me to walk around with her while she slept on my shoulder. I was falling asleep walking, that's how tired I am. It's awful. Last night was a bit better but she's still sleeping so fitfully. I'm a little concerned she has an ear infection but I'm trying to wait it out. I'm also going to order an amber teething necklace tonight too.

MW, yes that's probably like being a MIL! Good for you trying to stay neutral and telling her to talk to him. That's the best idea in my opinion.

JJ, grrrr, why are daddies so thick-skulled? DH tried that crap in the beginning but since he takes care of DD by himself 5 nights out of 7, he knows how hard it is to take care of her and get stuff done at the same time so neither of us give each other crap anymore about the condition of our house. It's destroyed most of the time but we're doing the best we can!

Ava is just such a toddler now! She's eating so much solid food, she sooooo physical, climbing up and down stairs, climbing over me, etc. She's still tiny though. If we had a bucket seat, she would still fit in it.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 08-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Drive by post but need to say...

JJ - "i don't feel sorry for you"?!? jaw.gif  Give that boy hell!  What a dick thing to say.

MW - LOL at the MIL comparison!!  I suppose it sure is, huh!?  If it were me I wouldn't intervene.  I'd probably end up telling Ryan what's going on and letting him decide.  That's a pretty silly thing to do, have him choose...but they were so happy together it sure sucks.  greensad.gif

Ok - real fast.  I don't want to put these on my feed but they came out so cute I had to share!!  Cupcake flags for Finn's party!!  Only about a million more to make!  LOL!!  YOu can even see Nora down there helping me cut them out!

Fronts

Back!

Hoping all the little details add up right.  I really want this party to look nice!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 PM

THOSE ARE ADORABLE!!!

I can't think of a theme I like for Ten, which makes it hard to gather ideas. 

And yeah, he won't live that down for a while... 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-05-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, Carrie! That's cute!

JJ ~Thanks for that link. I listened to the one. It's beautiful. I love her voice and her songs, which is rare for me.

Yeah, I can sort of get what your dh was getting at if he was trying to say not to worry about the mess or whatever and just go to bed but it's not cool to say he doesn't feel sorry for you. You got the message, though. thumb.gif Just go to bed and quit worrying about all the other stuff and trying to get it done. The mess will still be there tomorrow and it won't get any worse if you all are sleeping. winky.gif

My dh bugs me a little because he "cleans" so much. He stays up late to do the dishes and then complains about being tired. But, I'd do the dishes in the morning if he left them. And, most of the time I can't even really tell what he has cleaned. lol.gif Thursday night, after working until 4 am that morning (I said on FB it was 2 because that's what time he said he'd be home but he didn't get home until 4.), getting about an hour and a half of sleep, and then going back to work all day, he stayed up and said he was cleaning. After all the time he spent downstairs, I expected to go down and see just about everything picked up and put away. OMG! All the toys and junk were still all over the place. I have no idea what he was cleaning. I think he was just eating cannolis and didn't want to get busted. lol.gif Give me an uninterrupted hour and I can get everything put away, the counters wiped, the floors swept and maybe even mopped. I think he loaded the dishwasher and that was it.

Ryan took his GF back. He has never done that before. Maybe that's good, another sign of maturity on Ryan's part. I'm not sure what to think about her, though. I think she must be quite insecure. Ryan said she was begging him to take her back. She told me that she's not going to mess up again since she's been so lucky to get a 2nd chance with him. I told her to just be herself and not worry so much about what he thinks. He's young. He likes to hang out with his friends but he likes to be with her, too. She seems maybe a little bit too needy or clingy. I hope that's just because she's also young and maybe because her STB-Ex cheated on her. Ryan's is a straight shooter so maybe that will help her get over that. He won't cheat or just tell her what she wants to hear or play games. Anyway, trying to stay neutral and not get into his business too much but also trying to help this young woman be more confident is tricky.

Oh, we got photos of the boys today. That was my plans for the weekend that I forgot to mention before. They came out great, as always. I can't wait to get them. I always go there telling myself I'm going to get their one pose package of a gazillion sheets for $8 but end up getting a $200 package. lol.gif It's so worth it, though, because the photos are really nice. I finally got some professional photos of Dylan. I feel bad that I didn't get any before, especially when he was a newborn. I was so out of things, though. Nothing I can do about that now.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

THOSE ARE ADORABLE!!!

Thanks!!!

JJ - for some reason I keep picturing a Sesame street party for Ten, with lots of abby cadabby.  I have no idea why!

Quote:

Wow, Carrie! That's cute!
Oh, we got photos of the boys today. That was my plans for the weekend that I forgot to mention before. They came out great, as always. I can't wait to get them. I always go there telling myself I'm going to get their one pose package of a gazillion sheets for $8 but end up getting a $200 package. lol.gif It's so worth it, though, because the photos are really nice. I finally got some professional photos of Dylan. I feel bad that I didn't get any before, especially when he was a newborn. I was so out of things, though. Nothing I can do about that now.

Thanks!!

Oh yes - photos!  Oh I can't wait to see the ones of your boys.  I really need to get my kids in, too.  Going to do a 1 year shoot, and a 4 year old shoot for Nora.  I cannot WAIT.  Lately she has been hamming it up for the camera so I'm hoping it goes well!!

Ok - so - I never did fill you all in on the friend drama.  I'm already over it, but here goes, anyway.

She texts me the other day that she's coming up for Finn's party (which is on Saturday, 8/18) on the Thursday before, and that she's throwing a little get-together at her parents house with all our mutual friends.

TWO. DAYS. BEFORE.  His party.  

I was like WTF?!?

She's essentially throwing a party for herself in her own honor to see all our friends in one day b/c she can't be bothered to ever come up to NJ.  So.  The people who would have seen each other and made small talk at FINN'S 1ST BDAY PARTY will see each other two days prior.  Stealing thunder, much???

I had a freaking conniption.  SAW RED.  She did this for Nora's 3rd party too.  I had completely forgotten! 

That thursday, that she's planning the Party for Her Highness is Finn's ACTUAL birthday.  We are planning to go to the zoo or to a museum as a family.  I'm not even telling her this.  She can freaking figure that out on her own.

splat.gif

So THEN she tells me, she'll be at Finn's party but her DH isn't coming, he's going to see if he can hang out w/her brother.  I said he is more than welcome to come to the party and she replies, and I quote, "I'm sure he'd rather hang out with someone or find something else to do."

How freaking RUDE!?  How many times did I travel to MD with a child and/or pregnant to visit you and your baby?!?  And endure your ridiculousness!?  And he has never met my son, so he's coming up for this party and not even ATTENDING!?  WTF people!?  And you're supposed to be my oldest/best friend??

So over it.  B/w this, the CIO, the FF carseat issue, and all the nonsupport, I have officially decided I'm doing NOTHING from now on to keep this friendship moving fwd.  I really wish she weren't even coming up.  

I'm glad the overlap of ppl going to BOTH parties w/in two days will really only be maybe 3 people.  The rest of my friends will be there and that's what counts.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:

JJ ~Thanks for that link. I listened to the one. It's beautiful. I love her voice and her songs, which is rare for me.
Yeah, I can sort of get what your dh was getting at if he was trying to say not to worry about the mess or whatever and just go to bed but it's not cool to say he doesn't feel sorry for you. You got the message, though. thumb.gif Just go to bed and quit worrying about all the other stuff and trying to get it done. The mess will still be there tomorrow and it won't get any worse if you all are sleeping. winky.gif
My dh bugs me a little because he "cleans" so much. He stays up late to do the dishes and then complains about being tired. But, I'd do the dishes in the morning if he left them. And, most of the time I can't even really tell what he has cleaned. lol.gif Thursday night, after working until 4 am that morning (I said on FB it was 2 because that's what time he said he'd be home but he didn't get home until 4.), getting about an hour and a half of sleep, and then going back to work all day, he stayed up and said he was cleaning. After all the time he spent downstairs, I expected to go down and see just about everything picked up and put away. OMG! All the toys and junk were still all over the place. I have no idea what he was cleaning. I think he was just eating cannolis and didn't want to get busted. lol.gif Give me an uninterrupted hour and I can get everything put away, the counters wiped, the floors swept and maybe even mopped. I think he loaded the dishwasher and that was it.

Oh, no I totally get what you mean. But the problem is that he won't do it either. And so I'll just get up the next morning and have to do whatever it was anyways... except now with Ten in tow too. And then it piles and piles and piles, and I get to the point where I can't even make food because there's no free space in the kitchen. At all. 

And exactly what you're talking about with Sean-- same here! I had a rough rough day today, and DH could tell. So he cleaned the kitchen for me. Well, if he goes to bed first, I'll get a picture for you guys. He even came into the living room and wanted praise, and announced that he had cleaned the kitchen. But... the sink is still full of crud, the counter still has stuff on it and hasn't been wiped down, and the top of the stove is covered in splatter still. Oh, and you still can't find the kitchen table. So yeah... I think he basically just loaded the dishwasher. But in his mind, he "cleaned the kitchen". *sigh*

So yeah... I haven't cleaned up the kitchen/living room at all. I've been eating frozen meals, or fast food. gah. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Thanks!!!

JJ - for some reason I keep picturing a Sesame street party for Ten, with lots of abby cadabby.  I have no idea why!

Thanks!!

Oh yes - photos!  Oh I can't wait to see the ones of your boys.  I really need to get my kids in, too.  Going to do a 1 year shoot, and a 4 year old shoot for Nora.  I cannot WAIT.  Lately she has been hamming it up for the camera so I'm hoping it goes well!!

Ok - so - I never did fill you all in on the friend drama.  I'm already over it, but here goes, anyway.

She texts me the other day that she's coming up for Finn's party (which is on Saturday, 8/18) on the Thursday before, and that she's throwing a little get-together at her parents house with all our mutual friends.

TWO. DAYS. BEFORE.  His party.  

I was like WTF?!?

She's essentially throwing a party for herself in her own honor to see all our friends in one day b/c she can't be bothered to ever come up to NJ.  So.  The people who would have seen each other and made small talk at FINN'S 1ST BDAY PARTY will see each other two days prior.  Stealing thunder, much???

I had a freaking conniption.  SAW RED.  She did this for Nora's 3rd party too.  I had completely forgotten! 

That thursday, that she's planning the Party for Her Highness is Finn's ACTUAL birthday.  We are planning to go to the zoo or to a museum as a family.  I'm not even telling her this.  She can freaking figure that out on her own.

splat.gif

So THEN she tells me, she'll be at Finn's party but her DH isn't coming, he's going to see if he can hang out w/her brother.  I said he is more than welcome to come to the party and she replies, and I quote, "I'm sure he'd rather hang out with someone or find something else to do."

How freaking RUDE!?  How many times did I travel to MD with a child and/or pregnant to visit you and your baby?!?  And endure your ridiculousness!?  And he has never met my son, so he's coming up for this party and not even ATTENDING!?  WTF people!?  And you're supposed to be my oldest/best friend??

So over it.  B/w this, the CIO, the FF carseat issue, and all the nonsupport, I have officially decided I'm doing NOTHING from now on to keep this friendship moving fwd.  I really wish she weren't even coming up.  

I'm glad the overlap of ppl going to BOTH parties w/in two days will really only be maybe 3 people.  The rest of my friends will be there and that's what counts.

Oh Carrie :( Why are people so ridiculous? I can understand how hard that must be, but you're probably better off to let her slip from your life. It hurts, but some people just aren't worth the drama! Too many things in life to focus on, without having to deal with stuff like that!!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Thanks JJ.  I 100% agree.

I keep meaning to mention I'm a HUGE Adele fan!  I love that link you posted, JJ.  If you like that music, see if you like Haley Reinhart.  She was on American idol.  Her album is amazing, I love it.  It's similar, old time-y feeling, and good.  

Not a huge fan of the video - but love the songs.  Check out "oh my" if you get a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFlGeq0P6A

this one is Nora's fave on the cd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zUNPlzMbwM&feature=relmfu

Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM

Catching up.

Men and chores . . . DH will vacuum. He will do "his" laundry, but not fold it or put it away. I stopped doing that for him. He hasn't noticed. I have been begging for him to do dishes. I don't like it. He says he doesn't like the kitchen. Too freaking bad. Just because I am home working, doesn't mean I have all this extra time. . I really don't. And I shouldn't have to spend all my free time cleaning instead of enjoying the kids.

MW: Ryan's girlfriend seemed nice, I am glad they are back together . . . I hope they can work things out. If not, well, not much to be done.

And pictures!!!! Once I get my CD from my friend of our babywearing pics (I have to pic my favorites) I'll share those. They are so sweet! I'll be doing maternity pics with her as well, probably in February.

MW: I can't wait to see pics - the boys are so cute!

Carrie: dude, that friend is beyond rude. I can see if she wants to have a more adult evening with drinks and whatnot while she's there, I think that is sort of reasonable. Especially if she doesn't come up to NJ often. But to do it on Finn's actual b'day? is kind of ugh. And then to say her DH wouldn't want to come to finn's party?

more ugh.

But finn's decorations are coming along swimmingly - so adorable!

Norah is getting owls, I am trying to decide between dinosaurs and rocketships for Gabe.

LOL - GTG - DS is complaining about poop.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Carrie: dude, that friend is beyond rude. I can see if she wants to have a more adult evening with drinks and whatnot while she's there, I think that is sort of reasonable. Especially if she doesn't come up to NJ often. But to do it on Finn's actual b'day? is kind of ugh. And then to say her DH wouldn't want to come to finn's party?

Yes, I agree, and were that the case I probably WOULD go and enjoy a margarita -- but she's doing it smack in the middle of the afternoon, probably (I think) to show off her 1 year old who won't be the center of attn at Finn's party.  And yes, I'm still offended by her DH.  

Thanks about the decorations!  I was up til 12 working on those annoying flags!  lol.gif  But I'm really happy with them and I think I have enough.  Just have to make food labels now and cut all those out.  I need to print the pictures for the timeline and assemble those.  I think I will just use twine to make it look at least some what pirate-y.  Oh, and put together the goody bags.  But I need a final head count I suppose to do that.

Do they make lego duplo pirate stuff?  If I did that would it be too much??

Old 08-06-2012, 06:32 AM

oh, more:

signing - that' awesome! I'm thrilled to see Norah waving and clapping :)  She even tries to say bye! when she waves.

Carseats: I move out of the bucket more based on skill than size. As soon as baby can sit in high chairs and carts (our two main uses for the bucket) we move to a convertible. If we didn't have a perfectly good bucket seat to use, I would go straight to the convertible.

Also, I do really like our Graco MR65. Yeah, it's big and bulky, but so are most. Only the Radian is narrow, but it's really tall since it has such a high RF limit. I love the integrated cup holders. It's silly, but they are a great place to store pacis, toys, and later, drinks and snacks. And it's only $130-$140ish. I looked at the Britax, but it's RF and FF limits are less than Graco, and it's more expensive. I know lots of people that only buy Britax, but really I just can't buy into the hype - and they are super expensive.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 AM

Britax ARE super expensive for what they are.  I've never had one, though.  This would be my first time buying one.  So far we've had a Graco Snugride (LOVED), a First Years True fit (ADORED), the Alpha Omega Elite (Kinda eh), and the Evenflo Triumph (also Eh).  I had to switch Finn at just shy of 5 months to a convertible and he wasn't sitting yet. But he had outgrown the weight limit.

We are talking about buying a 2nd car (used) in a year or so when I start really doula-ing.  Chris wants a Miata.  I told him he is super nuts.  We can't have a 2 seater car as our extra car, plus I think they are ugly and I don't want a convertible.  I want a Beetle.  orngbiggrin.gif  But I'm not sure I like the newest ones.  I think I might want an older one.  I have to see them in person to really decide!  

Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 AM

I have two evenflos, and I feel Meh about both of them. my bucket is a babytrend, which is ok. the cover slips off the bottom part too easily, and after 2 kids, its not as cushy as it once was.

I really did love my combi cocorro. depending on your child, it will work well from birth until maybe 18 months. It's narrow, cushy and feels really safe. Ava could probably do awesome in it until age 2+. and it's just under $200. For something that goes from birth so well, that's not a bad price. I was not sure about the MR65 at first. I got one used from trusted friend for a steal, and liked it well enough to buy a second for DH's car. We have costco seats for the grandparents' vehicles.

Beetles are adorable! do you know anyone with kids though that has one? I would have to try carseats in one to know if it would work. Like the Honda Element, I love it except for the fact that getting kids in carseats in and out of it is a major PITA. so glad we tried when we test drove one. would not buy.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:

Also, I do really like our Graco MR65. Yeah, it's big and bulky, but so are most. Only the Radian is narrow, but it's really tall since it has such a high RF limit. I love the integrated cup holders. It's silly, but they are a great place to store pacis, toys, and later, drinks and snacks. And it's only $130-$140ish. I looked at the Britax, but it's RF and FF limits are less than Graco, and it's more expensive. I know lots of people that only buy Britax, but really I just can't buy into the hype - and they are super expensive.

^^ Yeah pretty much that. One of the girls in my DDC too, recently said that the my ride is rated as one of the lowest toxicity ratings. Pretty cool!

The only thing about a Britax that would convince me is that it appears to be a lot easier to adjust than the my ride. But... that's more important in the younger months, whenb they seem to grow overnight, than in the later ones. But they've got the whole press and slide for the harness straps, etc. Whereas witht he graco, I have to take everything out and rethread. But is that worth an extra $100-150? To me it's not, but to some it might be!

Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 AM

Since I let my kids eat in the car (not Norah yet, but it will happen) I tend to adjust harnesses when I have to take the cover off for washing. 2 birds with one stone. It's really not that difficult. And really, I only need to adjust the harness a couple times a year. In the bucket, I feel like I am adjusting it all the time, but the increments are smaller, and it has an easy dial adjust.

my contacts are buggin me arggh.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:

my contacts are buggin me arggh.

Mine too!  I need to open a new pair tomorrow.  I think I've had these for at least a month and they're supposed to be 2 week disposables.  Ha.  I wear them as long as I can!!

Anyone else find when their LO starts walking that sleep is awful?  This past week has been rough, rough, ROUGH.  Last night I think he was up hourly at MOST.  I think it was every 45 min. Lots of restlessness, thrashing, and up early babbling.  

Did I tell you guys I set up the pack and play next to the bed?  I put him in there in the am when he wakes up and he plays for maybe 10 min only before he starts poking me or shrieking.  I keep the cheerios in my room now too, so I can just put them on the bed and he snacks on them.  It's all I can do that early in the am!!  I'm a zombie!!  

Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Stopped getting notifications again!

I had an Evenflo Triumph when Ethan was an infant. I really liked it. It was easy to adjust the harness. I used it when Kellen was first born, too. The only reason I replaced it was because it was in my car when Ryan had that accident so the insurance company paid for my two Britaxes. I never would have been able to get them if I had to pay for them. I really like how easy they are to install and adjust. I had a heck of a time installing the older carseats and I hate having to take them out to adjust the harness considering what a pita they are to reinstall. I did buy the Britax Frontier booster for Ethan a few years back, which I'm not so impressed with. We still use it for Kellen because we have it but I wouldn't buy another one of those.

Britax also supposedly has the only true crash tested side impact foam or whatever it is for the head. Of course, since that's not something required by the US government, there's no way to really know or compare to other carseats that have side impact foam. You can only go buy what the manufacturers claim.

Duplo might make pirate stuff. You should check.

That friend does not sound cool. I agree that maybe it's time to let things with her just go.

Dylan has been sleeping very poorly lately, too. Last night I swear I didn't sleep at all. He just tossed and turned and squirmed and kicked and fussed and nursed. He even sat up a few times crying/screaming, which he hardly ever does. He's now asleep for his 2nd nap today, which is not good. That means he'll probably be up late tonight and I'm so tired.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Ya'll I deserve a freaking medal for not losing my sh*t on my aunt and friend for their ridiculous comments on my FB post about circ. Geez louise!

I love love love Ava's Graco MyRide. She'll probably fit in that thing until it expires! ROTFLMAO.gifAfter that, we'll probably go to the Graco Argos. Oh! I just went to the Graco site and there's a MyRide 70!!!! Buy that one Baby_Cakes!

Friends...ugh. Baby_Cakes, my sister's best friend, who is like my other sister, is like that. She does CIO, FF her babies at 1 yr even though I have talked to her repeatedly about the safety issues, she and her husband spank. We really do not have much in common. But she's like family. I love her dearly. But I do have to accept her faults. She comes to town all the time because her family lives here but something always comes up that she doesn't get by to see Ava. Whatevs. Just have to let it go. She is who she is.

Sleep...oh man. It's super terrible horrible no good bad outrageous any other descriptive word you can use. But she's standing and letting go of stuff. She's eating like a maniac. I think she's going through a growth spurt AND learning new skills. Double trouble!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 08-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Thanks for rescuing me MW and Baby_Cakes! I felt like I was drowning in the absurdity!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

I'm kind of scared to go back and check it again, Annie. I don't want to get into a big argument with a bunch of strangers on someone else's page. OTOH, I don't want to look like I tucked tail and ran. I did searched for some data on the risks of circumcision and the healthfulness of being intact but couldn't really find anything. I was very surprised to see that the CDC actually has info essentially promoting the idea that circ decreases the risk of getting STDs, including AIDS, and that the AAP just says to discuss it with your baby's doctor. I thought that they had come out with a statement against routine circ. They do say that don't think it's necessary but they don't actually say it's dangerous so don't do it. Aargh!

Dylan slept better last night. Maybe his sleep was just messed up Sunday night because he never really got a nap on Sunday. He still nursed about every 2 hours but he didn't squirm and kick all night or sit or cry or scream. I love waking up and seeing my boys' faces sleeping. They are so sweet. love.gif

Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 AM

I do love co-sleeping, but I am still not sure about adding a newborn to a toddler in bed - MW, any tips on this? Because I am really not sure that we will get Norah out before the baby is born. Alot depends on how long we can and are able to continue to breastfeed.

It's still going ok, supply wise, and she's eating a ton of solids. - Her weight is finally increasing again, which is such a relief. For a good month or more it had stagnated and even slid back a bit. I gave her a taste of cow's milk yesterday while I fixed dinner and she was not impressed. LOL need to get more coconut milk.

I lost my last contact lens and now I'm in glasses until I can get more. Booo!

Yay for sleep!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

I shared this on Facebook but here's a link to the photos we got Sunday: http://www.myonlineportraits.com/ViewSharedAlbum.aspx?ShareID=8f2a2509-4861-42a7-926f-940fe5b3589e

Kat ~ I used a bedrail and kept Dylan between me and that. Kellen was on my other side so I didn't have to worry about him rolling over on the baby. There were times when I did roll Dylan over in between me and Kellen because I could not stand sleeping in the same position any longer. Everything was fine, obviously, but it's not recommended to do that.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM

OMG Carrie - I have never had to deal with crazy friends like that! Blah. At least it doesn't seem to be messing up your plans to much. I'm not sure if I said it yet or not - but those flags are so freaking cute! 
I think it was you who were asking how much is to much as far as decorations go. I think I would do the basics that I want/need and then do whatever I had time left to do. I think if you keep taking on projects when your main ones aren't done you might feel overwhelmed.

AnnieA - I rarely post circ topics on my page now for that very reason. I actually liked a bunch of anti-circ pages and just liked their status or comment on them. That way people still see them in their feed since the main page is public, and if they feel the need to say anything I have a whole lotta backup! LMAO

MW - I think I have been saying D's name wrong in my head all along! You probably pronounce it as Dillon? I am such a blonde sometimes, let me tell ya. 

AFM - just trying to survive. As usual. We seem to be having some kind of a cold run through our house. It's not a bad one, just more annoying than anything. 

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 AM

MW: their personalities sure shine, don't they! Love it!

I also think at some point soon (before the baby to be sure) going to dismantle the crib my dad built and store it, and move the extra full size mattress in its place, on the floor. I think that might be an easier transition than to the crib.

I like anti-circ things and anti-vax things alot, but don't share (as that doesn't work from mobile anyway) or post it myself. I have too many friends that chose these things, after doing their own research, to start a debate on it. It's only people that choose circ'ing or vaxing in complete ignorance that bug the crap out of me.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:

I shared this on Facebook but here's a link to the photos we got Sunday: http://www.myonlineportraits.com/ViewSharedAlbum.aspx?ShareID=8f2a2509-4861-42a7-926f-940fe5b3589e

I didn't see these on FB! So cute!

Akind1 - I can *see* the other side of vaccination. I can logistically see how parents can research it and still think that it is a good idea. I think choosing not to vaccinate M at all was one of the scariest decisions I have ever made (for some reason choosing not to continue vaccinating J wasn't as big of a deal, I don't know why.) but now that I see how incredibly healthy and happy she is it was a no brainer for A. If that makes sense.

Circumcision is not something I can agree with. ever.

I can "kind of" see it from a religious perspective, but I am sure there is something else they can come up with at this point. 

I REALLY don't agree with the sentiment that "as long as you KNOW the extent of the damage you are doing, ok then". 

I actually feel the exact opposite. If a mom is freaking out because she never did research and circ'd her son/s and is saying "blah blah blah" I totally respect them more than someone who says that they researched it and STILL circumcised. 

There is no other side of the argument to me and I feel it is legalized child abuse. Period. 

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Old 08-07-2012, 09:44 AM

I get that - I have a friend that chose to circ her son at birth bc family members have had to circ their sons later - around age 4 - and the surgery seems to be a bigger deal at that age - due to health reasons. I don't know enough about the family's health conditions that warranted the circ. She said she chose to do it at birth to avoid needing to do it later. To me, that's like saying, lets go ahead and take out your baby's appendix at birth bc it's not needed, and lets try to avoid scary appendicitiis. But, this is a mom who I like, and believe she thinks she's making the best decision for her son.  I don't feel the need to make her feel bad or guilty about something she can't change.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

I don't think I've ever had any issues posting anti-circ or anti-vax stuff on my page. I don't have any worries about making someone feel guilty for decisions they've made, either. If someone is secure in the decisions they've made, nothing I say or do can make them feel guilty. If they allow themselves to feel guilty because of something someone else thinks, then they are not 100% secure in what they've done. That's not my problem or my concern. I'm not going to bite my tongue for fear of upsetting them.

I actually posted a link about a whooping cough outbreak that was associated with the vaccinated in response to a friend who posted a link about a baby who died from pertussis. She said something about how it didn't have to happen if everyone would just get vaccinated. Everyone who had gotten pertussis during the outbreak I posted about had been vaccinated. I said something about not blaming those who aren't vaxed when others get sick. I don't know if my friend realized it was in response to her post. I didn't get any comments on it.

I am so tired today. All I want to do is take a nap.

Tags
Life Will Never Be The Same The Real Moms Postpartum Survival Guide , Green Babies Sage Moms The Ultimate Guide To Raising Your Organic Baby , It Gets Easier And Other Lies We Tell New Mothers A Fun Practical Guide To Becoming A Mom
User Tag List