August 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No need to be embarrassed!  I think it's normal, he's been gone forever and you guys have had issues.  I think if you do dtd it'll be crazy interesting to see how the dynamic changes.  I always think DH and I are at an empasse and then we dtd and things are way back to normal or better.  We bicker a lot about how often and what not, but then...when we do it, we are both on the same page again.  Good luck! 

 

I made pizza for myself.  So good.  Yum.


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 PM
 
onetwoten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Again!! Not getting the emails. Sigh. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I just use a cotton blanket in the car but it doesn't get freezing here most of the time. I'm a wimp when it's cold so I just don't go anywhere. No need for bundle up clothes for the baby. Haha!

Yeah... from about October until April, the temp here can range from -15 to -45 with the windchill. So like 5 to -49 F. Cold. When I can, I just hide inside, but I can't always hide, obviously! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Yay for a boba!  You are going to LOVE it for life!!!

 

Yay for a mattress on the floor working well!!!  I hope it keeps up for your sanity's sake!!  

Yes definitely! Already do, but since I had the group one for a month, that's no surprise. I knew it was exactly what I wanted. 

 

She's done well so far tonight too. And she keeps trying to put herself to sleep, which is so cute (it's not working, but she tosses and turns and covers her eyes, etc)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I have decided that if I get another carrier, it will be a Boba. Someone at the Big Latch On had one and there were a few people with Ergos, so I got to compare them. I like the softer look of the Boba and that the back is longer/higher.

Yeah, I really like the higher back. In the mei tai, when Ten falls asleep, she flops back, but in this, she's still pretty supported so far. And then with the sleeping hood, that helps too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I haven't mentioned this because it's kind of embarrassing but Sean and I have still not dtd since I got pg with Dylan!faint.gif Do you know how long that is? 20 months or so. 

At least you have an excuse! lol He was gone for quite a while! We've averaging probably once a month. It's pitiful. We keep trying to change it, but we're tired (ok I'M tired), and there's just not enough hours in the day!


Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

onetwoten is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

We keep trying to change it, but we're tired (ok I'M tired), and there's just not enough hours in the day!

Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a while and dropping hints but nothing ever happens. I am tired so I haven't been making any effort once we go to bed. Also, I'm kind of being a shit about it. I think I mentioned to you all a looong time ago about how I am the one who almost always gets things started. I've been wanting to see how long it would take before he got desperate enough to actually do something.

He won't start anything, ever! Sometimes he says something that's really awkward. Like the other day I noticed he was getting a couple of holes in his shorts near his crotch and there was a place where he had stitched a tear. I made a joke about how he needed to stop touching himself. That's it. I didn't ask any questions. So, he comes to me several hours later completely out of the blue and says, "By the way, to answer your question, maybe I wouldn't touch it so much if you would sometimes." Um, ok. Whatever. eyesroll.gif

Nothing happened last night even though all the kids were asleep by 11. He fell asleep.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know how we manage, but once a week is a minimum. Every 2-3 days is the max. I used to have to initiate all the time, but since having Norah, DH has been much more proactive LOL.

Carrie I am sure the party will be a blast! The hard work is worth it!

I hate it when DH is not home when he says. It bugs the crap out of me.

JJ: glad you seem to be well. Norah doesn't try to put herself to sleep. I wish she would!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carrie ~ I hope the party was a success.

DH has been snippy all day. He got all pissy that Dylan pooped and peed on the floor. He's not wearing a diaper because of his rash. We have hardwood floors. It's not like it's hard to clean up. Later he got pissy because Ethan asked him to make him a sandwich for lunch while he was working on the clubhouse. If you have kids, you do need to stop what you are doing at some point to feed them. Apparently, I was supposed to do it all because he was busy even though I might have been doing something, too, and had been with my kids all day while he was outside working uninterrupted. Now tonight he's pissy because Dylan is fussy. I think he has a fever but can't find the thermometer. DH thinks he needs his teething tablets but can't find them. When I asked him if there was a reason why he was being so short-tempered today he said because he can't find the teething tablets. No, that's not it because that only came up tonight and he's been like this all day. I'm so over it. I wish he'd just leave.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this on FB, too. Something I wrote to the Always Learning yahoo group was quoted on Sandra Dodd's unschooling site and her blog. smile.gif

http://justaddlightandstir.blogspot.com/

http://sandradodd.com/gettingit

Kat ~ For you. smile.gif Radical unschoolers on math: http://sandradodd.com/math/

Carrie ~ For you. smile.gif Radical unschoolers on reading: http://sandradodd.com/reading

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 02:29 PM
 
AnnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I posted this on FB, too. Something I wrote to the Always Learning yahoo group was quoted on Sandra Dodd's unschooling site and her blog. smile.gif
http://justaddlightandstir.blogspot.com/
http://sandradodd.com/gettingit
Kat ~ For you. smile.gif Radical unschoolers on math: http://sandradodd.com/math/
Carrie ~ For you. smile.gif Radical unschoolers on reading: http://sandradodd.com/reading

Very cool! Still reading unschooling stuff. No clue where I'm going to end up on this spectrum!

 

AFM, DD is sick. greensad.gif Fever, tons of yellow mucus and vomiting from the excess mucus. I feel so bad for her! And I feel bad that I had to leave her to go to work today. But DH just sent me a pic and she's been snoozing on him all afternoon, one of her favorite places to sleep. So I think she'll be ok. I had DH take her to the doc this morning just to rule out ear infection. No infection and it's probably just viral.

 

Did I tell you guys that she LOVES taking a shower with me now? It has totally changed our days now because I can actually take a shower at reasonable time and not have to rush around getting ready for work at the last minute! I love it!


Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

AnnieA is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dylan vomited last night. It was only once, tg. I had a wave of nausea come over in the evening and had to run to the bathroom. I didn't vomit but had to stay there for a while because I felt like I was going to. Strange. He's still super fussy today. Ryan gave him some acetaminophen earlier. He took a nap for almost 2 hours. When he woke up he got ahold of a bottle of ibuprofen. He kept throwing it in my lap and screaming when I told him he couldn't have any yet. Ryan has turned my baby into a druggie. lol.gif I guess that's one way to know that he needs medicine and it made him feel better.

If you are interested in getting into more in-depth radical unschooling discussions, here are two yahoo discussion groups. The first is for anyone thinking about or new to unschooling. I'd probably read for a while before posting. The 2nd is for people who really want to delve deep into the philosophy of radical unschooling. I would not post in that group for quite a while if you are new to it. The group guidelines say to read and not post for at least a few weeks. It will feel like you are being torn to shreds if you post before you understand how the group works.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unschoolingbasics/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AlwaysLearning/

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
 
onetwoten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

But DH just sent me a pic and she's been snoozing on him all afternoon, one of her favorite places to sleep. So I think she'll be ok. I had DH take her to the doc this morning just to rule out ear infection. No infection and it's probably just viral.

 

Did I tell you guys that she LOVES taking a shower with me now? It has totally changed our days now because I can actually take a shower at reasonable time and not have to rush around getting ready for work at the last minute! I love it!

Aww cuddles with daddy make all kinds of hurts better  <3

 

YAY Ava!!  game changer! I feel so lucky to have a baby that loves the water and shower. Even from the beginning, she's been good for 10 minutes to sit in a bouncy or whatever, while I shower quickly. Once she started sitting up somewhat reliably I started bringing her in with me, and yeah, I could stay in until the water runs cold. She's also content now to sit in the bathroom and play, as long as I give her her bath toys. Showers = human!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Dylan vomited last night. It was only once, tg. I had a wave of nausea come over in the evening and had to run to the bathroom. I didn't vomit but had to stay there for a while because I felt like I was going to. Strange. He's still super fussy today. Ryan gave him some acetaminophen earlier. He took a nap for almost 2 hours. When he woke up he got ahold of a bottle of ibuprofen. He kept throwing it in my lap and screaming when I told him he couldn't have any yet. Ryan has turned my baby into a druggie. lol.gif I guess that's one way to know that he needs medicine and it made him feel better.

LOL Ten giggles when I pull out her teething tabs. Like you said, I guess that's how you know they work!

 

 

Umm, so sleep last night-- not so great. She couldn't seem to stay asleep, tons of wakeups. Yawn. DH said he doesn't think it's working and wants to put the mattress back in her room. I want to give it one more night and see. It just worked so well the first night... *sigh* I know we'll figure it out, and she IS making progress. It just would have been so nice for this to work. I like having her in the room, but not in the bed. Oh well, keep trying!

 

 

And yeah... can't believe I forgot to tell you guys this... but I think I'm looking for a new doctor for Ten. Which I am so so sad about :( I LOVE that this doc is so low interventionist, non-alarmist. She's ok with delaying meds and trying natural things, letting the body fight off colds, etc. She's supportive of AP things. She doesn't ask if Ten is sleeping through the night, or how often she's nursing, or any of those things, just if I'm ok with it- because she says as long as I'm content, then the rest of it doesn't matter. When I mentioned delaying/selectively vaxxing, her response was "So you're going to breastfeed until at least age 2, right?"  I love these kinds of things. But at Ten's visit on Thursday, she admitted that she's been thinking about it and looking at options, and she's not really comfortable with continuing to see Tenley if we still choose to forgo the pertussis vax. She's setting us up for a consult with a specialist to see if we can come to an agreement on vaxing, but said basically that if our answer is no, she doesn't feel comfortable being 'responsible for' a child in her practice that is at risk. 

 

The ironic thing, is that we went into that appointment intending to talk to her about the pertussis, because with the recent outbreaks, DH was saying he was starting to feel like she should get it, but he wanted a bit more info. And now because the doctor pushed back, I think he's back at stage one, and just wants to switch doctors, even if we DO decide to get the vax. (Remember, he (and his whole family) don't like this doc to begin with, both because they think she should be seeing a ped, and because she was hesitant to prescribe the reflux meds). 

 

Gah. I don't WANT to switch doctors. I like the fact that Ten and I see the same one. That she knows me, and knows my beliefs, and I feel comfortable being honest with her and standing up to her when I don't agree. I love that she's supportive and isn't one of those quacks who tells me she needs to nightwean, and we should let her CIO or she'll never develop properly. 

 

Anyways, baby getting into trouble. Just had to update!!


Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

onetwoten is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh, yeah, i forgot to comment on the shower. that's so nice. i could take showers with ethan and kellen but dylan will not have it. he loves a bath but screams and cries if water sprays on his head and down his face.

bummer about the doc. that reasoning for not seeing someone has always confounded me. you'd think that if the doc was most concerned about the health of people, they'd want to see those "at risk" even more.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh JJ that is such a bummer.  Hopefully you will find someone who is an even better fit.  greensad.gif  It really doesn't make sense to me either.  

 

Lauri - oooh yuck I really hope ava feels better soon!  That's wonderful about the shower!

 

Finnley has screamed through every bath for the last 9  months.  I was at the point where i only made him go thru it once a week at most, usually less, b/c it was like bathing a cat!  He would scream the second I started running the bath and cling and shriek and try to climb me!  Finally I caved and asked my DDC for ideas.  I mean, I've tried them all!  Getting in, warm water/cold water, toys, bubbles, no toys, no bubbles, with Nora, without her.  Morning vs night vs midday.  Everything!  Finally...he needed a bath yesterday before his party.  I dug out the mesh bath seat and put it in the tub.  I sat him in it and he screamed for a bit...then...slowwwwwlllyyy looked around, and splashed, and found his junk, hehe,  and PLAYED!  Smiled even!!!  I could not believe it!!!  I was in such disbelief I took pictures!!!

So.  Hopefully it works the next time, too!

 

His party yesterday was a HUGE success!  I can't complain about a single thing!  

 

Confession - I fell asleep the other night in the middle of dtd!  I felt awful!  We were, ahem, and then the baby woke.  I went to nurse him back down, planning to go right back -- and woke up 3 hours later! I still had my contacts in.  it dawned on me OMG I am the worst wife ever!  I snuck back up to DH and apologized.  He said he waited like 20 min then went to sleep.  I told him he should have woken me up!  That was dumb of him not to!  We *never* really dtd, maybe 3 times, 4 times a month?  Not often at all.  It would have been fine!  Sigh. Embarassing!

 

MW I hope Dylan puking was a one time thing!

 

Finn loves all his gifts.  It's like christmas here!  


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
 
AnnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So glad the party went well! I loved all the pics! Finn looks like such an easy-going dude.

 

Oh man, I can't imagine if Ava hated the bath. Some days, that's the only thing she can tolerate. DH just texted me that he can count the number of minutes she let him put her down today. I told him to go take a shower with her because she loves it and it will clear out her nose. Poor little monkey!
 


Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

AnnieA is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol.gif Carrie. That's not exactly what I thought when I first read that. I thought you were saying you had fallen asleep right in the middle of the doing the act. Now that would have been bad! I was awake the other night after all the kids fell asleep. I could have woken dh but I'm waiting for him to actually do something. I just want to see how long/what it will take. Honestly, right now I could take it or leave it. I think I've still got a lot of breastfeeding hormones making me not so interested plus just tired.

I've decided I'm going to buy a Boba. The person I saw who had one said I would probably be perfectly happy with a 2G since I won't need it for an infant. I need a relatively manly print/color so dh won't have an issue wearing it. I've found a few used 2Gs that are $80-90, used 3Gs at $105 to $120 and one classic for $55. The ony drawback to the classic is that it doesn't have a hood. I think I can get a hood new from the manufacturer for $15. That means it would still be cheaper than the 2G. It's the green swirl print, which dh said he'd wear, but it's not very manly. The other ones are more manly prints, camo and chocolate brown.

What do you all think? Which one do you think is the best deal? Should I just get the cheapest classic and buy a new hood or should I get a slightly more expensive ($10-20 more) 2G?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
 
Baby_Cakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've had the classic with no hood, and never thought about the possibility of needing one.  I would go with the classic one, if it were me.  I have the brown and green one obviously, you've all seen pics, and I think its manly enough, lol!

 

Dh and I argue a lot actually about how often we (don't) dtd.  I am fine with our current schedule, with hormones and nursing and being mom all the time, I don't always have energy or desire.  He wants it a lot more than me and often says things to rub it in or make me feel like I"m depriving him.  I get annoyed.  And then I really REALLY don't feel like doing it.  I don't understand why we can't express our love in other ways, like cleaning up for each other, picking up a gift or something special for the other, or if it needs to be physical, massages or something.  Why does it always have to be sex?


Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Baby_Cakes is offline  
Old 08-19-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was told the hood was good in case baby falls asleep. It helps keep the head from flopping around.

Have you told him that you'd like to do something to be close/intimate other than sex sometimes? That's one thing that's important to me. I need a lot of warm up. You can't ignore me all day or all week and then say, "Let's get naked," and expect it to happen. DH used to be really attentive toward me all the time. He was always sitting close to me, rubbing my neck, shoulders, feet, stuff like that. Now, though, he sits on the other side of the room and plays on his phone or watches ESPN. He rarely complains to me about not dtd, though. The comment about touching was probably the first time he'd said anything to me since he's been home. I don't understand the change. Maybe because we've been together so long now that he just doesn't think about anymore?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:18 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Boba: I would do the 2G. Not that many of us are shy while nursing, but the sleeping hood does also provide a little discretion while nursing in it. My SSC, the Jet Pack, doesn't have a hood, and that is the only reason I'd use it. Otherwise it makes my kids too hot. Between the Ergo and the Boba I had (which was the 2G Tweet print, that even my DH wore) I think we used the hood less than a handful of times. I never figured out how to nurse in a SSC until Norah, and I had those with Gabe.  And most of the time I find a relatively quiet place to sit down and nurse, so Norah isn't distracted too much. With the SSC though, I am up walking around and I like to be a little less obvious then. (but that's just me) - if none of that's an issue for you, do the classic.

 

Does it have stirrups? I never used ours.

 

Carrie: that's happened to me. and DH won't wake me either. last night he said he was giving me a break, I was like thanks! :rollseyes: I generally always like a break of a day or so, else I get a lttle sore and chaffed. He KNOWS that, I think he was trying to be funny. haha. and yes, Non-sexual touching is very important. I try to do that as I can throughout the day, and sometimes it works to help DH remember to reciprocate. He's also more helpful around the house when he's getting some. I don't know that he does that conciously, but I don't care, I am so thrilled when he does dishes. I hate doing dishes.

 

JJ: I hope the mattress works out for you! That's hard. DH said, in a moment of frustration, if the next baby is as restless as Norah, he doesn't know about co-sleeping. 1) Norah isn't really restless. she lays pretty still until she's stirring to eat. Granted, that is still every 2-3 hours, but generally her restlessness usually only affects me, as she's spinning in circles trying to find the boob. 2)Gabe was way worse - a bed hog who liked to sleep with his feet or butt in your face 3) I am not getting out of bed to go feed a baby every 2-3 hours. HELL to the NO.

How many teeth does Ten have now? Any?

 

Man, I am sleepy.


Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd have to check again but I'm pretty sure the Classic has the foot stirrups. I am not too concerned about those. I've used many carriers without stirrups. I don't see those as a necessity. I'm not concerned about discretion while nursing, either. I plan to use this mostly to get D on my back easily for times when I need to carry him for long times, like walking around Williamsburg. And, like I said, I think I can get a hood for the Classic for $15, which would still make the total $10 less than the next cheapest one I found. The person with the Classic hasn't answered my message yet, though, so this all might be moot.

Of all things, I'm actually most interested in the pockets on the 3G. I can see those being very handy for putting a cell phone and keys for those hiking times when I won't be taking my purse. The used 3Gs aren't any less than brand new so that's kind of pointless.

I've been wondering if one reason dh was so pissy this weekend was because we didn't dtd. That's not my fault, though. I'm not the one who fell asleep. We talked about some things yesterday. He's now using his newly acquired knowledge about his personality type from that workshop as an excuse for his behavior. I told him that does not excuse mean, miserable, negative behavior. If you are the type that likes to keep things in order, than put things in order because you want to and it makes you feel good and do feel good about it. Don't go around doing it while acting like a martyr and announcing to everyone who will listen that you are the only one who does everything and that you have to do it or it won't get done. You don't HAVE to do it, whether it gets done or not.

I had him read a bunch of stuff on Sandra Dodd's website about "Have tos". His face looked pretty shut down while he was reading it so I don't know how much he actually absorbed and considered. Hopefully, it will bounce around in his head the next few days and he'll start to get it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:13 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The pockets are really nice. You could alwasy add a http://shop.paxbaby.com/mai-poketto/ to any SSC or mei tai for extra pockets. That's the one thing about my Ergo I prefered over Boba, was the pocket.

 

And yes, personalities are no excuse for bad behaviour. I can see that perhaps he feels COMPELLED  to do something, but that doesn't mean he HAD to. I feel compelled to sleep all day. Obviously I don't have to, because I don't ever get to.

 

Where did you see the Classic?


Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I've seen those pocket things before. If I were going to buy that, though, I might as well buy one of the used 3Gs because adding that to the price of a used 2G makes it at least as much, if not more.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with him wanting to clean and cleaning. I have an issue when he's grumpy about it. I used to be like that, grumpy about cleaning because I felt like I had to do it. Since I switched my thinking to the idea that I want to clean because I think the bathroom is dirty rather than thinking that I have to clean because it's cleaning day, I felt so much better about it. I can be happy about cleaning, which my boys then see and they are happier about cleaning.

The funny thing about dh's "cleaning" is that he doesn't actually clean anything by my definition. He goes around the house picking things up and putting them in neat little piles. A lot of times, the piles are in the way. Like, he made 3 piles of things on a chair in the family room so that no one could sit in the chair. How is that cleaning? lol.gif He folds blankets and stacks them on the couch and then gets mad that they end up strewn on the floor again. Well, don't put them where someone wants to sit. eyesroll.gif He never actually puts anything away.

OMG! These Zulily and 1saleaday emails are killing me. I'm now looking at rain suits for the boys on Zulily. They are only $14.99 for an unlined rain jacket and pants. I can never find unlined rain jackets around here, which makes no sense because it rains all the time and it's hot. Do I buy one for each of my boys? I recently got a rain coat that I bought for Dylan through Zulily. It's nice but it's lined with fleece. Way too hot to use now.

I recently got an android tablet for $50 and a bunch of other little things. I'm going to make us go broke. And, I only have one more payment to my CC of about $500 to have that balance completely paid off! joy.gif Of course, that doesn't count what dh has added to it recently. eyesroll.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wish I could be happier about cleaning. I am not grumpy about it. Just reluctant LOL It does need to be done. DH does clean, he just takes way longer than I do, and that can be frustrating. But honestly, I don't care as much now, so long as I don't end up doing it.

 

I love the idea of the Mei Pokketo. because if you have multiple carriers, you can just transfer the pocket, without transferring the contents. (but if you have only one carrier, not as much a problem, LOL) But I haven't bought one yet. tempting . . .


Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

It does need to be done.

But it doesn't, really. What's the worst that could happen if it didn't get done? Would someone die? Would the world come to an end? Even if either of those things could happen, does it still need to be done? No, not really, as long as you don't mind the consequences. So, then, if you do mind the consequences and you don't want the world to end or someone to die or the bathroom to be stinky or the sink full of dishes or not having clean clothes or whatever, then you can choose to do something about it. You are choosing to care. You are choosing to do something about it. You are choosing what and how you do whatever you choose to do. It is all a choice. And, if you choose to clean, you can also choose not to clean. Then it becomes something that you want to do for whatever reason rather than something you feel you have to do. It's another one of those subtle mind shifts that can make a huge difference in the quality of your life.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:31 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

See, it needs to be done because the stink gets unbearable. and for me, since I would rather not barf upon entry to the kitchen, it does "need" to be done, as I am not ok with the consequences.  Even with a mind shift, it doesn't make me like doing it any better. I like the result, and that's enough for me.

 

DH took over the dishes, since he knew the sour milk smell was bad :) bonus to being a pregnant woman with a sensitive nose and stomach!

 

Now, laundry, I don't mind. I don't mind picking up the living room, or any of that. Dishes and raking leaves though. Ugh.

 

Norah is thankfully down for a nap. hopefully Gabe will crash soon, and not the sort that results in injuries.


Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

See, it needs to be done because the stink gets unbearable. and for me, since I would rather not barf upon entry to the kitchen, it does "need" to be done, as I am not ok with the consequences. 

That's still only a need in your mind. You could just not go in the kitchen. You could throw things out instead of keeping them to be washed and reused or have someone else do it like your dh is doing. Yes, that may seem silly or extreme but those are options. So, when you choose to wash the dishes so that they don't start smelling like sour milk and make you vomit, you are making a choice. You always have the option of choosing not to (whether you can recognize that or not). If you can begin to recognize that and shift your thinking just a little bit, doing it won't be so bad.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 11:04 AM
 
akind1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not so bad, no. I just don't like it - and I think I don't WANT to like it either LOL. And not going in the kitchen isn't an option. Also not ok with the consequences of not eating or drinking, or the kids not eating or drinking, as they can't get food themselves yet.

 

Doing dishes was always "my" chore growing up, and no one elses - my mom hasn't ever liked doing dishes either, and my sister never learned how (I hope she does now) and I just dread it. The extremeness stuff, while I see your point, is also a bit silly. I could let my house get like the people on Hoarders, but I want to stay sane, so I don't. And my parents might evict us, LOL


Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

akind1 is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those are all choices you make. And, like you said, you can choose not to make a choice or not to like something. It's all still a choice. winky.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
 
onetwoten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Except in my case... I have to clean up so that I can make food. I need to eat... thus... not so much a choice! Unless I wanted takeout every night! lol


Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

onetwoten is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
MarineWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: on the edge
Posts: 11,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

Unless I wanted takeout every night! lol

Yep, and that's a choice. If you decide you don't want takeout every night, you are choosing something else. You could use paper plates and plastic utensils so you don't have dirty dishes to wash. You could use only premade frozen meals so you don't have dirty pots and pans to wash. It's ok to do any of those things. Whatever you would rather do for whatever reason. It's all ok.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

MarineWife is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
 
AnnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Interesting discussion about choices. I usually choose to not have DD screaming her head off so the cleaning doesn't get done. I'm ok with it.

 

DD is still pretty sick. The mucus keeps making her throw up. greensad.gif And her sleep is for crap. I'm back to considering putting the fourth side on her crib. She sometimes acts like she doesn't want me to walk around with her while she's going to sleep, she pushes up against me like she wants to get down but she's half asleep. Ugh, I wish I could have two cribs, one with the side up and one w/out!
 


Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

AnnieA is offline  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:21 PM
 
onetwoten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Before I forget-- I don't remember if I shared the first part of this or not, but I've got the whole birth story done and pictures added finally: http://thingsthat-shine.blogspot.ca/p/birth-story-of-thb.html  Part 1 is "friendly", but part 2 has both boob and crotch shots, view at your own discretion! lol 


Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

onetwoten is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 AM
 
AnnieA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh JJ! I could read your birth story over and over! And the pics are just fantastic! I love the one of Ten kinda looking out of the corner of her eye at Daddy like "Mama and I are a little busy here. Do you mind?" Such attitude right away! Her personality shines through for sure!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

AnnieA is offline  
 

Tags
Life Will Never Be The Same The Real Moms Postpartum Survival Guide , Green Babies Sage Moms The Ultimate Guide To Raising Your Organic Baby , It Gets Easier And Other Lies We Tell New Mothers A Fun Practical Guide To Becoming A Mom
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off