- Easy access to nature through large public parks, bike trails, state and national parks, and nearby bodies of water. Yes!
- Composting and recycling programs.
- Affordable housing
- Good elder services
- Good public transit
- Child friendly
- Pesticides banned-some
- Farmer markets, CSAs, community gardens.
- Backyard chickens legal
- Homeschool friendly
- Midwives and homebirth legal
- Healthy birth culture
- Philosophical exemptions for vaccines- medical or religious
- Alternative and integrative health practitioners
- Breastfeeding friendly
- Clean air
- Great public library and affordable family activities
- Support groups such as LLL, API, Holistic Moms, and Meetup
Thanks for the post Jewel Lillie. Did you mean to place this as an entry in our Best Natural Family Living Cities Nominations thread? If so please post it here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1359969/nominations-for-best-natural-family-living-city-come-post-your-favorite-city
|45 members and 14,513 guests|
|*green*faery* , bananabee , boss_lady973 , chamomileflower , cryswilkins , Dakotacakes , emmy526 , girlspn , hakunangovi , happy-mama , hillymum , japonica , katelove , lilmissgiggles , mamabear0314 , manyhatsmom , MeanVeggie , Michele123 , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , NaturallyKait , newmamalizzy , Ratish_Mani , redrockband , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , samaxtics , SchoolmarmDE , shantimama , Socks , Springshowers , StarJune , stellanyc , stephalittle , Wild Lupine , Wolfcat , worthy|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 01:21 PM.|