September 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm right there with you Baby_Cakes but we are not going to attempt a trip to BRU! We were supposed to meet a friend at the petri dish er, coffee shop, this morning but I messaged her at 4:30 AM that it wasn't going to happen. No fever on our end but tons of snot. I've been suctioning, feeding Hyland's Tiny Cold tablets and probiotics w/vit D. Plus fluids. That's all I can do. Ugh.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#122 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

So I went to look for that bottle of tequila. I sure hope we took it to a friend's house one time because it's gone. I need to ask DH if he remembers what happened to it. Otherwise...who knows? I know that DH and I didn't drink it.

lol.gif My DH saw red when he came back from his last deployment (I think it was) because his very expensive bottle of Irish whiskey from Ireland was empty. I don't drink that stuff so it must have been Ryan. What's funnier (to me) is that dh doesn't drink it, either, so I have no idea why he bought or why he'd be mad that someone else drank it. What's the point in having a bottle of liquor if no one is supposed to drink it?

Annie ~ We cannot find that extra booster seat. Another thing that was put away and has disappeared. lol.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#123 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM

I haven't been able to find teething strips locally and all the teething tabs have lactose in them around here.  So maddening!  I love homeopathics but hate they use milk sugar for practically all.

MW - do you want me to bring my pump?  Should I bring bags/bottles/flanges etc?  Or do you have medela ones you'll use?  I don't mind!  I may just have to dig around for the charger.

AFM - long day here.  I'm kind of sad b/c Finn really isn't himself, he's very feverish and miserable.  I hope some of his sunny personality is able to shine thru during our trip, even if he is out of sorts w/teething and fussiness.  greensad.gif  I couldn't even put him down today, he wouldn't nap off of me, just been crying unconsolably all day.  Sigh.  I'm so beat. 

I hope I get sleep tonight!  I'll be up late packing tho b/c I barely got anything done.  At least we went to BRU and got a stroller (cheap!  $29!) some snacks, pouches, etc.

Hoping to leave in the am before 11.  We shall see!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#124 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

lol.gif My DH saw red when he came back from his last deployment (I think it was) because his very expensive bottle of Irish whiskey from Ireland was empty. I don't drink that stuff so it must have been Ryan. What's funnier (to me) is that dh doesn't drink it, either, so I have no idea why he bought or why he'd be mad that someone else drank it. What's the point in having a bottle of liquor if no one is supposed to drink it?
Annie ~ We cannot find that extra booster seat. Another thing that was put away and has disappeared. lol.gif

No problem. DD has been having...issues with the highchair. The best thing has been for her to sit on my lap or we do a picnic on the floor. Should be interesting.

I seriously don't know what happened to that tequila. I have a vague memory of moving it because it was in a lower cabinet and it was a glass bottle but I've looked in my kitchen and it's not there. We have a "hider" in our house...won't name names but she likes to hide stuff and it's not Ava. It could just be hidden somewhere.

Sorry you had such a tough day Baby_Cakes! Ava has been a mess too. Hopefully they will have fun with each other!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#125 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM

I'm hoping there will be enough going on that he will be distracted into a good mood!!

How many diapers are y'all bringing? Ballpark?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#126 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 PM

I'm bringing my six BGs, 3 GroVias, and probably all of my Flips minus whatever DD has on in the car. I will probably leave my PFs at home. Planning to do at least one load of dipe laundry because I'm going to bring the dirties from tomorrow with me. I don't want to leave them at home. They would be super gross!

#127 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ Maybe it's that Wonder Week thing Annie had mentioned. Dylan was like that all last week, constantly fussing unless he was sleeping or nursing. I could not put him down.

I'll probably bring just about all my dipes. Not my PFs, though. I'm planning to throw them in the wash tonight and dryer in the morning if we aren't up to dry them tonight. I need to do more packing. We just got home from Ethan's baseball game.

I'm tired and dh isn't home yet.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#128 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Kat ~ Do you any of these yarns appeal to you for Gabe or Norah? I'm pretty sure I have enough of any of them for Norah but maybe not for Gabe. I definitely have enough of the 2nd and last for Gabe but not sure they are ok for an older boy.

If you want to wait, I've got some of this that I'm going to make a pair of socks for my mom with and I could use what's left for Gabe.

#129 of 361 Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 PM

Wow, it's amazing what I can accomplish in a short amount of time when I don't have my little shadow going behind me undoing everything! Since I got home from work I've packed the toys and books for the babies, most of our clothes, most of the dry goods I'm bringing and all the clean dipes I'm bringing. But I left my phone at my office so I have to go get it tomorrow. Boo. Will finish packing while Ava is with my mom in the morning. Can't wait for vacation!!!

#130 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 05:22 AM

MW: I love the first one, and Gabe isn't really picky (I love that - he's just happy with soft things). Do you need foot measurements? I know Gabe is pretty much is a size 9, and Norah in a 4, but will have to tackle them to get inches.

Happy packing and traveling, ya'll! can't wait to see pics!

Playdate here this morning, and whatever else we can think of that is free/cheap.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#131 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

MW: I love the first one, and Gabe isn't really picky (I love that - he's just happy with soft things). Do you need foot measurements? I know Gabe is pretty much is a size 9, and Norah in a 4, but will have to tackle them to get inches.

Ok, I'll have to see what I can do. That's the one I have the least of so I seriously doubt it's enough for Gabe but should be just enough for Norah. Length and width measurements would be helpful but not necessary. I've been using a standard size chart that seems to work well. At least, everyone is telling me the socks fit. smile.gif

#132 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Ok, I'll have to see what I can do. That's the one I have the least of so I seriously doubt it's enough for Gabe but should be just enough for Norah. Length and width measurements would be helpful but not necessary. I've been using a standard size chart that seems to work well. At least, everyone is telling me the socks fit. smile.gif

The socks really do fit like a charm!

M especially just loves them - its hilarious. Anytime she has a chance she puts them on love.gif Thanks again!

Thanks guys for the reassurance about school. 
It's honestly NOT about AP. I was an AP before I knew it was "cool" so to speak and I really haven't been affected by "is this AP enough?" Honestly I hardly ever wear A. I did when she was a baby and it was convenient and when we are out and about and she desperately needs a nap, but other than that it is stroller all the way! LOL

I have a bad back! lol.gif

I think it is just the fact that I was homeschooled and I DO love the tight knit family part of it, etc. I just don't know what it is. 

All my kids know that staying home and being homeschooled is an option - so I guess we will just have to see!

Sorry to all you mama's getting your booty kicked by babies. I am also one of them. Arianna has been Srsly hard to deal with lately!  **This to shall pass** has been my mantra!

Love you guys! Have a blast hanging out together for me winky.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#133 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 PM

So far, Ava and I are having a blast! My DH and big kids weren't able to come (long story involving the exwife that I don't need to go in to on a public forum) but we are going to enjoy our vacation anyways. Baby_Cakes and her family haven't arrived yet. Ava was having such a good time with MW and her boys. K was very curious about my breastpump. He said it made a funny noise and squished my boob...hahahaha! Can't wait to explore the resort area tomorrow. Just realized I forgot my knitting stuff. I was going to get MW to show me how to knit a blanket. Boo!

#134 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Annie, I don't wear Ava all the time. She likes riding in her stroller now and waving at everyone. Someone the other day said she looked like a little queen riding in her carriage. Ha! She's such a nutter!

#135 of 361 Old 09-14-2012, 10:02 PM

Keep updating us! I've been thinking about you guys all day! Looks like Carrie should be almost there!

Had a semi-productive day. Got about 1/3 of Tenley's glider recovered. Ooooh it's going to be so nice! We also had a family birthday party, which tuckered her out, so I think she might sleep well tonight. I'm staying positive. She went down fairly easily for her morning nap today, and for bed. 

Rob had today off, plus tomorrow and Sunday, so we're trying to get lots accomplished. Also-- tomorrow evening I volunteered for this restorative yoga thing for a mama from my AP group. She does a yoga session with us, and then takes photos, and it's supposed to be about body awareness and well... restoration etc. lol I'm just SO EXCITED because it's going to be 2+ hours of ME ME ME time. DH is staying home with Tenley. I need this SO badly, so the fact that it's a favor for her and free, is even better! (She's doing certification to be a teacher). 

Hmmm. I stripped my diapers. That was exciting. lol. No, actually... it was. They smell so nice!

Ok, I think it's time to head to bed. Remind me I need to post the picture of Tenley's socks tomorrow!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#136 of 361 Old 09-15-2012, 02:38 AM

Oh and E told me that I'm pronouncing MW's name wrong...haha! I love kids. They keep you straight! Ava had a little too much fun going to bed in the big "hotel" bed. She kepting bouncing on the pillows and flopping around. She finally settled and she's so tirex she's barely moved!

#137 of 361 Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ Mommy yoga time sounds so nice. A friend of mine recently moved back to my area and is teaching yoga. I so wish I could take some of her classes.

We're having a good time, too! The boys are having tons of fun getting to know everyone. Nora has been wanting to play with "baby Dylan". So sweet. I need to watch Dylan with the other babies because he gets a little too excited, I think. I don't think he's upset or angry and trying to hurt anyone. I think he's just trying to play the way he sees his big brothers play. redface.gif

#138 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 11:25 AM

#head effing explodes#

Had a really long, stressful night, up every 45 minutes- every hour, etc etc. Got up this morning, DH let me "sleep in" a bit  (ie I laid in bed and listened to Tenley screeching at the tv while he played on the computer.)  And then we tried to get her down for a nap, since she was showing obvious signs of being tired. I nursed her, cuddled her, she was arching her back out of my arms, so I put her down and rubbed her back, sang to her, etc etc on and on, all the normal stuff. After 30 minutes I left the room for a break, and DH went in. As typical, he turned the light on, and starts talking to her. Then he brings her out of the room and walks around the house with her. Obviously it's not working and she's not getting any sleepier. 

Anyways, so he made some comment related to the idea of needing to get her to sleep somehow, and I said something to the effect of  "yes, put her in her crib. I can't do this anymore, and she needs to learn that it's naptime and she needs to sleep."  ((No, not my finest moment, but I'm coming from an exhausted not so emotionally pleasant place right now, and unfortunately, it's the truth- I just can't do this anymore with her not sleeping.))  He replied with something about how that's not a good idea, (which yes, true, but again, not so great emotional state right now). And I said, very calmly and honestly, that We needed to do something, because I felt like throwing myself off a bridge.   

My darling, wonderful, empathetic husband's response? (whom I spent two YEARS pulling out of a deep depression at the beginning of our relationship)

"Well then go jump off a bridge." And he walked away. 

And... he doesn't get why I'm not talking to him right now. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#139 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 PM

Huge hugs JJ. I've so been there at the end of my rope when Ava was waking every 45 mins at night and not napping during the day. Some days the only thing that kept me from just putting her in the crib and walking away was she doesn't have the fourth side on her crib! I know you don't think it's teething but if I could go back in time to when Ava was doing the exact thing, I'd be dosing her with motrin and busting out the orajel. And your DH is being an ass. I'd not be inclined to speak to him either!

#140 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Huge hugs JJ. I've so been there at the end of my rope when Ava was waking every 45 mins at night and not napping during the day. Some days the only thing that kept me from just putting her in the crib and walking away was she doesn't have the fourth side on her crib! I know you don't think it's teething but if I could go back in time to when Ava was doing the exact thing, I'd be dosing her with motrin and busting out the orajel. And your DH is being an ass. I'd not be inclined to speak to him either!

yeahthat.gif

A has been driving me insane as well. Like complete bonkers. Grrrrrr

I'm totally used to my husband driving me insane. Just pretty much ignore that at this point. 

Hope the rest of you are having a good vacation!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#141 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

hug2.gif JJ. I'd be so mad at my dh if he said something like that to me. I don't know what to say that might help you other then to stop trying to shard to get her to sleep and find a way to get yourself some rest instead. I have found that once I stop fighting a situation I'm not happy with and just accept it for what it is, things almost immediately get better. I wish I was there to help you.

I agree with Annie about trying the ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Whenever my babies have been inconsolable and not sleeping and I think to try that it helps. They can be in pain for all kinds of reasons that we may not recognize. If it helps everyone get more sleep, it's worth it.

We've been having lots of fun. I'm exhausted. I just want to soak in the hot tub but dh has gone to the store. Maybe while he's making dinner or afterward I can go over there for a bit. My body needs a good, hot soak.

Ethan just asked if "Cahrrie" was back yet. He's getting kick out of her New Joisey accent. lol.gif

#142 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Ooooh! Make time for the hot tub for sure. I just did a soak today. <3

Oh, she is teething again now, but even when she's dosed with tylenol and advil, and had teething tabs, she still wakes every 45 minutes, no difference. 

I've tried just 'accepting it', but it really doesn't work. I'm glad that it does for some people, but not here.

#143 of 361 Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

It's hard all around. You can either go with it or fight it. Going with it works better for me. At least in my head I feel better even if the circumstances haven't changed.

Dylan is still up now. It's midnight. He's kind of fussy, wants to nurse and then doesn't and then does and then doesn't. If I tried and tried to get him to sleep and he didn't go to sleep, I would be extremely frustrated. If I just hang out and respond to what he wants and wait, he will eventually fall asleep, I won't be frustrated with the fact that my expectations aren't being met, and we will both sleep.

#144 of 361 Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 AM

The thing that helps me the most, especially with sleep stuff or general fussiness, is that it won't last forever. Even the good stuff won't last forever. They keep changing and growing and something new will crop up. I see that all the time with my big kids. Dylan was so funny earlier when I was getting ready for bed. He kept wandering over to laugh and play even though no one was up any more. Didn't phase him a bit that all the lights except for the one over the stove had been turned off. Hahahaha!

#145 of 361 Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, he's a night owl. We are usually in bed by 10 pm at home but we're on vacation so staying up later. We just got up maybe 20 minutes ago. It's not quite 10. Ethan was up until 1 am because he doesn't like to go to bed without me. He's still sleeping. It's all good to me as long as everyone sleeps. But, then, even when we're home we don't have a schedule to keep.

The thing is that no matter how much you fight whatever it is, you can't really force it. A baby will eat and sleep and poop when he is ready, when his body is ready regardless of how much time and energy and effort you put into trying to make it happen when you want.

JJ ~ Could you set something up so you could put her down to play while you rest/sleep? Or does she fuss the whole time if you try that?

#146 of 361 Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 AM

JJ, hugs. I have no advice really. I have DDC friends that are still struggling with hourly wake ups. It's tough. And won't last forever. The more energy you spend struggling, the more tired you tend to feel. Especially lately that Norah isn't nursing as much, if she isn't falling asleep and I am getting frustrated, I pass her off to DH, and most of the time that does the trick, she falls asleep, I get to calm back down.

I wish I were with you guys! It looks like so much fun! But have had a non productive, relaxing stay cation instead.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#147 of 361 Old 09-17-2012, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

But have had a non productive, relaxing stay cation instead.

That's always nice.

#148 of 361 Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM

Back to the real world...greensad.gif At work, Ava is at the babysitter waiting to be picked up by DH and my house is destroyed. But vacation was awesome and totally worth it. It was so great to be able to just relax with everyone. I loved how the babies and the big kids would just wander back and forth between the units. Sometimes I would look around and Ava was gone. I'd find her over in the other unit watching TV with Sean and Ethan. orngbiggrin.gif

JJ, I hope you've had a better couple of days. I was battling some sleep stuff again with Ava over the weekend. I knew she needed to nap but she was so amped up that she had a hard time settling. What really helped for me was setting a time limit in my head. For instance, yesterday I tried to put her down for a nap at 1 PM. I told myself I would give her until 1:30 to settle. When 1:30 came around, I said forget and we went back out in the living room. I finally got her down at 3 and she slept until 4. And I slept with her. It's hard when you've had so many days or weeks of little to no sleep and then you finally get the baby to sleep and you feel like you need to be productive since you have a few minutes to yourself. DON'T!!! Take a nap! It's your "rest and be thankful" time. The cleaning will eventually get done. If Ten is asleep, mama needs to be asleep!

#149 of 361 Old 09-18-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

We made it home! To rain and tornado watches or warnings or whatever. lol.gif

It was fun and relaxing even though we went out every day. I was exhausted but felt good every evening when we got back. I really enjoyed being able to sit and talk to you guys, Carrie and Annie, and meeting Chris and the kids/babies.

JJ ~ It occurred to me, I know you are extremely sleep-deprived but could you also being having issued with PPD? It can show up slowly or later. That might be something to look into if it might help you deal with the situation with less stress.

#150 of 361 Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Pics have been posted! love.gif

Tags
Boiron Oscillococcinum Natural Flu Relief 6 Pack With 6 Dose Bonus Pack 12 Total , Moms Medicine How To Protect Your Kids Husband And Parents Against More Than 100 Health Problems And , Family Budget Leads You Out Of Debt Save Money Mrr , Baby Markets Money And The New Politics Of Creating Families , Homeolab Usa Kids Relief Flu Ages 2 85 Fl Oz 25 Ml

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page