Naturepedic mattress users? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are in the process of shopping for a double size mattress as we will soon convert our three year olds toddler bed to a full size bed.  We purchased the Naturepedic crib mattress for him as that was important for me for no dangerous chemicals in his mattress.  I was planning to purchase the Naturepedic quilted mattress in double size but first wanted to look into the comfort of this mattress as I would like it to last him until 18 years old.  Does anyone have a 'non-crib' Naturepedic mattress and could offer your opinions on this mattress?  And also did you use the Naturepedic foundation as well or another brand (not sure if foundations contain dangerous chemicals like mattresses can)?  Also, please let me know if there is another 'safe' mattress that you would recommend as well. 

Thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post for attention. bump.gif Anyone have experience or a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We've had several matresses from Organic Grace that we like. Naturpedic is heavy on advertising and short on wool for my taste. We've had to purchase four!!!!  in the last few years.

I also had luck with a local store that carried many organic options. We discovered we vastly preferred a traditional innerspring construction with natural latex on top compared to the more expensive all natural latex versions we had in the begining.

#4 of 4 Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I work at Naturepedic and can tell you about the twin and full children's mattresses.  They are just like the crib mattresses with added comfort for the quilted side. Children who have been sleeping on our crib mattress, will love the large mattress.  Just like in the infant mattresses, we use no controversial chemicals and continue to avoid use of any known allergens like wool or latex. The foundations are no exception.

As long as you have a bed frame with slats no further than 3" apart, you won't need a foundation.  Most foundations are only sold with the mattress and not separately. 

Our children's line of mattresses have a 20 year warranty and will easily last until your child is 18.  

Regarding chemicals in mattresses made by other companies, it is best to call the manufacturer and ask what they use for a flame barrier and for waterproofing or stain resistance, etc.  They may or may not disclose what they use.

If you have any other questions or concerns we can help you with, feel free to write us at info@naturepedic.com or you can call our customer service department at 800-917-3342.  Our website also has a full description of each mattress along with a great deal of other information in the education section that will help you make your decision.

Thank you and I hope this helps.  Have a great day!

Carolyn

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page