October 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 385 Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

UGH!  Yes, that would frustrate me too.  I rarely get much deep cleaning done.  Honestly it's b/c they just follow me everywhere.  I realized that's why I rarely go into the basement or into my room even, b/c whenever I go anywhere they follow me!  Gets really old!

I'm not sure what I think either except that I'm glad I bought wine and whiskey just in case we are trapped inside for a few days.

I really hope Nora has her Halloween party at school.  Even if they cancel the parade, I still want her to have this!

I'm starting WW again (started yesterday) and man.  I was really eating a ton of crap.  Day 2 and already I feel better!  I'm ready to look as good as I feel!  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#272 of 385 Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 AM

I need to do stuff like vacuum the cobwebs from every corner of every room, scrub the floors, sort some of the clutter on the kitchen counter, etc. Ava follows me around everywhere too. Apparently she doesn't do that with DH because last Sat afternoon, after Ava had literally chased me from room to room and was in the middle of begging me to hold her while I pumped, DH asked "Is this what she does every day?" Ummmmm, yes. WW...yeah that's so not happening right now. Just got back from WF with two bottles of red wine and a brownie the size of my face! And as soon as I'm done pumping, I'm taking a nap with Ava!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#273 of 385 Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM

I'm so hungry this time.  I think I was really comforting myself with food -- chips, especially.  I was buying salt and vinegar chips and going thru the whole bag in like 2 days.  And then I'd buy more.  Not so healthy!

I think the way I was compensating for the sleep deprivation and all was with food.  I'm tired, ok, I'll go get a 12" sub with chips and soda.  Done.  Sigh.  It's hard to face reality!  I think I'll actually have more energy though with eating healthy.  So far today I've had coffee, a huge spinach salad, and a small sandwich with soy turkey slices.  I need to drink more water.

I picked up a box of hair color while I was out.  I think I'm going to do it tonight!  I'll see.  Time to ditch the brassy highlights!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#274 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 AM

I've got like 12 seconds before tenley decides she's bored and starts bugging me again, but any good thoughts, prayers, wishes that you guys have, would be graciously accepted this way. I spent the morning at the hospital with my backup doula. She's 19 weeks pregnant, and has been having pretty much constant bleeding with off and on gushes since 12 weeks. She's been diagnosed with a partial placental abruption, and the doctor is recommending termination, and she is completely torn about what to do. The baby is so far completely healthy, but it's been very hard on her physically, as well as emotionally obviously. She's worried she'll have a full abruption at home, or with her other kids, and not make it, so she's very much considering the termination, but can't bring herself to make the decision. So just... any peace and good thoughts sent her way! My heart is breaking for her. This was a very much wanted pregnancy, and her first boy after 3 girls. The best they can offer her right now is to hope she can hold on until 24 weeks without a full abruption. But there's nothing they can -do- to help. She's just... waiting. :(

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#275 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 12:25 PM

Oh no!  That is tragic.  Keeping her in my thoughts!  gloomy.gif

#276 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Oh no JJ! I'll be praying for your friend. That's so sad!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#277 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 PM

Ugh. I keep coming back to try to write more, and I don't know how without writing a novel. I feel horrible for her. She keeps saying it would be easier if the fetal assessment showed the baby was sick or in danger or something, but right now, they say the baby looks perfect. And she just kept saying "I don't know if I can do that to him... he's healthy, and then he would be... gone...."  But then she's also worried about her health as well, obviously. She's been in the hospital several times, and obviously is super low on iron, and her hemoglobin is all out of whack. They've got blood on standby for her. She woke up Wednesday night in a pool of blood at home. So she's terrified that it'll happen again, and she'll pass out from the blood loss before she technically wakes up, and her kids will find her in a pool of her own blood. 

I just... I can't imagine trying to make the choice. She's pretty pro-life too, but I mean, this is one of those "less than 1% chance" situations that you hear about. They won't consider the baby viable until 24 weeks, and even then, it's only about a 55% survival rate. So she would have to go through another 5 weeks, day by day, watching the bleeding and hoping she doesn't have a full abruption while she's at home (they want to send her home to just... wait.). And even waiting those 5 weeks doesn't guarantee anything. Ideally it would be 10 weeks. At 29 weeks, they're giving it more like 95% survival, although obviously that's not without complications! 

She's worried that her husband won't be able to forgive her if she terminates. BUt also is worried if she doesn't her own life is at risk. Yesterday morning she said she woke up, completely at peace that termination was the only answer. And then today after the assessment, thinks she can't go through with it... but still doesn't know. 

And since she's so far along, if they do terminate, she'll birth the baby. She asked if she could be put out for it, and was told they don't usually do that. That some doctors might, but it's not typical. So she might have to go through a labor with him anyways, knowing that there's no way he'll survive. I can't imagine that either. 19 weeks is... big. That's a baby. I worry that if she does get put out, and doesn't get a chance to say goodbye and hold him, that she'll regret it. I want to send her info on the Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep program, but don't want to offend or upset her either. 

deep breath. SO much emotion tied up in this. My heart just aches for her. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#278 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 PM

Oh my god. So terrible all around. Is it not possible for her to go on complete bedrest or be admitted to the hospital? I can't imagine choosing to kill my baby. I just can't. Oh that poor mama! I just heard from a friend that a girl we went to high school with just birthed her 20w twins due to incompetent cervix. They didn't survive obviously. Oh I just can't imagine the heartache.

#279 of 385 Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Apparently the doc told her that bed rest in these cases won't actually help. He's not sure she beliefs that as she feels like the bleeding has been less in days she's taken it really early, but who knows. She's been pretty sick though, so she's been pretty close to be bed rest for the hole pregnancy anyways. I'm not really sure why they're not keeping her in the hospital but I think part of it is her emotional state at not seeing her other children. For some reason her husband isn't bringing them by very often- she hasn't seen them in 2 ad 3 days greensad.gif she's got a 3 yo tht is very upset about mama being gone. She's staying inhospitable until mon/tues but technically he dr said she could go home now f she wanted. I can't imagine how staying fist beneficial, but then I'm not a dr and haven't done a to. Of research on abrupt ions.

Ps I both love and hate autocorrect but am way too lazy to go back a d fix all that. I think you get the gist.

#280 of 385 Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 AM

This is me being naive - what happens if she has a full abruption at home?  Is her life also in danger?

Not nearly as bad but I also am going thru something with a friend.  She is hoping for a vbac and is now 41 weeks.  Her mw wants her to do castor oil tmw, or induce on Tuesday.  My friend isn't happy with these options at all, so she asked for more time.  If she doesn't go into labor on her own by this coming Friday, she has to have another csec on Monday.  She is just so beside herself.  :-(  The OB won't do an induction after 41 weeks 1 day.  So lame.  So so so lame.  All she wants is what she deserves, a TOL.  Not fair.

#281 of 385 Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 AM

I think you can hemmorage from a complete abruption so yes, I'd say if that were to happen while she was home alone, her life could be in danger. That's why I don't understand the discharge option. Times like that make me thankful for our litigious society. No OB in the US in their right mind would discharge that lady for fear of wrongful death lawsuit, you know?

#282 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 AM

JJ: please keep us posted on your friend! if it were me - I would have a very hard time terminating a healthy baby, especially at the point she is at. I would be demanding hospital bed rest, for both our sakes. I would miss my other kids, but my health - and the new baby's - would be paramount. I had a friend with a partial placental abruption who was placed on bed rest probably around the same time as yours. She was in and out of the hospital until she finally delivered at 37/38 weeks. Healthy baby. But she also had a ERCS (her doctor told her her pelvis just wouldn't work to deliver babies vaginally SMH. I hate docs who tell women their bodies are broken) but it was probably a good thing - her uterus was stretched very, very thin and she had lots of bleeding during the surgery. No more babies for them.

No matter what she chooses - there is no easy decision and I'll be praying.

Carrie . . . and whoever else is in the storm's path - I hope you stay safe, your power stays on, and there isn't too much damage to your homes. And I hope you stay sane. Cooped up in the house indefinitely isn't a recipe for happiness.

Crap. I forgot anything else.

Oh well. Busy weekend behind me. We had a blast, the kids were worn out, now back to the normal grind. woot. Next weekend is a mom's night out for me, a wedding shower for a cousin. Then, who knows? We need more money, because there is much coming up that I want to spend it on!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#283 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 AM

I really can't say what I would do either.  Unless i was facing that exact situation, I'm in no place to offer advice or anything.  I can't even imagine.  Having the other children to care for...knowing they needed their mama...knowing that the outcome for the baby really doesn't seem good in any case...though, I know I'd have a hard time separating that logic from my heart....

Sigh.  Not easy.  Not at all.

AFM - It's really nasty looking out there already.  Windy, rainy, and scary.  Just ran the dishes and hoping to get showers done soon so we can fill the bathtub with water.  Hopefully we don't lose power.  We didn't after Irene so I'm hoping we won't this time either.

Nora is really being helpful.  She totally gets what is going on and is being weather girl!  She keeps talking about Hurricane Sandy.  She isn't scared but she is being very serious.  It's cute.  It's nice that she gets it and is being helpful.  Doesn't mean she isn't still being whiny and tantrumy tho!  

Finn is teething and is inconsolable.  He's so so so freaking whiny.  I never give pain reliever during the day but yesterday I did.  I had to.  He's walking around clawing at his gums and wailing.  So miserable.  Doesn't make for a good couple of days stuck in the house!

DH has work today.  Hopefully his work is dead so he can kind of hang out with us too.

Not much else to report around here!  I'll be around!!

#284 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 AM

Love Nora the weather girl!

Hope Finn is feeling better. My kids haven't ever been teething that badly, knock on wood.

Norah is being super cuddly this morning. I love it, but it makes it hard to get work done. Weather is gorgeous, hard to imagine th nastiness just a bit further up the coast.

I swear both my kids are going through a growth spurt. I hope Gabe doesn't need bigger clothes before winter's over. Norah's weight gain is slow, but the child is getting taller by the week. I am finally gaining weight . . . my belly is popping. I'll post a belly pic on Weds, which will be 22 weeks.

Be safe!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#285 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I think you can hemmorage from a complete abruption so yes, I'd say if that were to happen while she was home alone, her life could be in danger. That's why I don't understand the discharge option. Times like that make me thankful for our litigious society. No OB in the US in their right mind would discharge that lady for fear of wrongful death lawsuit, you know?

Yes, this is basically the concern, that she will have a full abruption and essentially bleed out before they get care. Apparently they have blood sitting on standby for her, but she hasn't needed it yet, thankfully. I also think it's crazy that they're sending her home. I would be parking my butt in the hospital bed and not moving. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

JJ: please keep us posted on your friend! if it were me - I would have a very hard time terminating a healthy baby, especially at the point she is at. I would be demanding hospital bed rest, for both our sakes. I would miss my other kids, but my health - and the new baby's - would be paramount. I had a friend with a partial placental abruption who was placed on bed rest probably around the same time as yours. She was in and out of the hospital until she finally delivered at 37/38 weeks. Healthy baby. But she also had a ERCS (her doctor told her her pelvis just wouldn't work to deliver babies vaginally SMH. I hate docs who tell women their bodies are broken) but it was probably a good thing - her uterus was stretched very, very thin and she had lots of bleeding during the surgery. No more babies for them.

No matter what she chooses - there is no easy decision and I'll be praying.

Thanks Kat. I know what you mean with doctors giving patients... pessimistic information? I don't know if that's the right word. It's not fair, when you're trying to trust your doctor and they're fear mongering. 

Which... I'm starting to wonder. I asked the friend about getting a second opinion, because she was upset that the doctor basically told her to terminate, and if she didn't, then to go on with normal life. That's SO contradictory. If it's serious enough to terminate, then she should NOT be going on with normal life! Although remembering, I guess it's because he told her that point blank, he just didn't think the baby would be viable. Perfectly healthy now, but the doctor did not believe she would carry long enough for the baby to survive. Anyways, I asked about a second opinion, and she said thisa guy was SO highly regarded that she didn't think it was worth it. 

But doing some research, it sounds like it's not as likely to be a serious case as he was making it sound. Especially not if she's in the hospital. So now I'm confused all over again, for her. The research I read says abruption happens in about 1/150 deliveries. And causes fetal death in about 1/800 to 1/1600. And that's based on the full abruption happening essentially during or immediately before delivery. It's not talking about what's happening with her so far, which is a partial abruption still. I know it likely will turn into a full abruption, but it hasn't yet... The only research I found on maternal death was a bit old, the study spanned 1972 to 2005, but it was 1/2500 cases. The doctor is making it sound like she's got a 1/10 chance of dying... 

It's just... there's so many variables. You would think in a hospital, where she's being heavily monitored, and has access to transfusions if needed... it shouldn't be as big of a deal as if it happened unexpectedly....  

I don't know what I'm getting at. I guess that I would hate for her to terminate this wanted pregnancy because a doctor values the fetus' life as replacable. "Well this one has risk, so terminate, and have another baby." 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I really can't say what I would do either.  Unless i was facing that exact situation, I'm in no place to offer advice or anything.  I can't even imagine.  Having the other children to care for...knowing they needed their mama...knowing that the outcome for the baby really doesn't seem good in any case...though, I know I'd have a hard time separating that logic from my heart....

Sigh.  Not easy.  Not at all.

AFM - It's really nasty looking out there already.  Windy, rainy, and scary.  Just ran the dishes and hoping to get showers done soon so we can fill the bathtub with water.  Hopefully we don't lose power.  We didn't after Irene so I'm hoping we won't this time either.

Nora is really being helpful.  She totally gets what is going on and is being weather girl!  She keeps talking about Hurricane Sandy.  She isn't scared but she is being very serious.  It's cute.  It's nice that she gets it and is being helpful.  Doesn't mean she isn't still being whiny and tantrumy tho!  

Finn is teething and is inconsolable.  He's so so so freaking whiny.  I never give pain reliever during the day but yesterday I did.  I had to.  He's walking around clawing at his gums and wailing.  So miserable.  Doesn't make for a good couple of days stuck in the house!

DH has work today.  Hopefully his work is dead so he can kind of hang out with us too.

Not much else to report around here!  I'll be around!!

DH and I had a talk last night about what we would do. I came to the conclusion I couldn't do it. I think I'm in the same boat as her-- had the ultrasound shown that the baby was suffering, I would feel different. But to be told the baby was perfectly healthy and tolerating all of it... I just don't know that personally I could ever forgive myself and move past it. I think I would move into the hospital, and wait it out, try to get to 28 weeks at least. Rob wasn't on the same page though. He thinks it's too much of a risk. 

Oh Carrie! I'll be thinking of you guys! I should probably turn the news on today. I'm in such a bubble, I never read or watch the news, and never know what's going on, unless it's reported on FB. It's horrible. One of the reasons I'm anxious to go back to work! 

Hopefully everything goes well and you guys keep power, and have time to get everything properly prepared. Keep us updated!

Quote:

I swear both my kids are going through a growth spurt. I hope Gabe doesn't need bigger clothes before winter's over. Norah's weight gain is slow, but the child is getting taller by the week. I am finally gaining weight . . . my belly is popping. I'll post a belly pic on Weds, which will be 22 weeks.

Yay belly pictures!

Growth spurt here too with Tenley. She's getting so much taller! I don't think she's gaining weight either thought, just length. 

Put her snowsuit and new boots on her last night and went for a stroller walk. Love the boots, the snowsuit (it's a two piece) is not as great as I thought. She already has my problem, where the torso of things is never long enough. So the jacket looks like it should be a good 2 inches longer. *sigh* Maybe I'll keep my eye out for a new snowsuit. 

#286 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 AM

Norah has a similiar long torso, but I like to keep her in one pieces, or dresses and tights/leggings that can be bunched up over or under shoes to give the illusion of fit. I hate baby shoes, there is too much variation in size, unless you are stringently brand loyal, which I am not.

I will keep thinking of your friend. The doctor sounds like an a$$. Sorry, but he seems to have no sympathy, which is ridiculous for an OB, especially a high risk OB, which must see a lot of things that are tragic, or potentially so. Especially given your new info, I don't think I could terminate. I would park myself on bedrest at home, and call on my friends to stand by (and family) so that I would never have to be alone. It would be hard, but if the doctor won't take care of her, then it would be up to me to do it myself, iykwim. And I'd find a new doctor. But this is all just me, talking in hypotheticals. The doc makes her options seem far too limited, IMHO.

Carrie - fx Nora stays entertained, and Finn isn't too miserable, and Chris doesn't have to work too much!

#287 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM

ITA something isn't right with that dr's advice.  I hope she searches her heart and finds a solution that works for her and her whole family.  

FYI my friend took castor oil this morning.  FXed that labor starts soon!  The fact that they advised castor oil the day of a major hurricane really seems dumb to me.  And her induction is scheduled for tmw at 6 am.  Sigh.  These docs are just so nuts.  

Shoes - Finn just outgrew his converse and I've been really hesitant to buy him more shoes but I couldn't put it off any longer.  I went to payless and found him the cutest pair of shoes (size 6.5).  He's b/w clothes sizes.  Pants are 18-24 and shirts are 24 or 2T. 

Ugh, this morning he took a huge poo and it breached his (cloth) dipe, and poo got all over the rug.  He needed a bath so bad.  Ugh it was so nasty.  I hate runny teething poo!  Anyway, bath = torture for him.  You'd seriously think I was trying to murder him in that tub.  Lauri - can Ava PLEASE send him a text msg about how awesome baths can be?? 
Anyway, he's bathed and playing nice for a change, and Nora is quietly playing with her dolls. AHHHH can this last all day?  I could use it!

Chris has been working nonstop unfortunately.  His calls are for London and stuff so he has had work to do.  Bummer.  

Hungry!  Lunch soon.  Been counting points for a few days and am already down 4 lbs!  I know it's water but every bit helps!

#288 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 AM

Oh, Carrie! I forgot your friend. With Norah, I used the breast pump, worked like a charm, and no nasty side effects. Maybe recommend that if she hasn't tried already? If she's not having any contractions, pump in 10 minute intervals. If she is, pump until she has one, stop while the contraction is working, then turn back on after. I was doing mine every 7-10 minutes in an effort to get them stronger and closer together when my water broke.

Yay for happy kids. Norah is sleeping, Gabe is eating lunch. I am trying to work, DH is at work and going to brave the new whole foods (it's awesome, but CRAZY busy right now) for more of the frozen waffles I found that Gabe likes.

And also - 4 lbs! woot!

#289 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM

I have a really tough time with a physician recommending termination. Many doctors recommend termination when heart defects are diagnosed prenatally. At least give the baby a fighting chance. Geez. I'd really push for a second recommendation. One of the things I love about Ava's cardiothoracic surgeon is he doesn't throw in the towel so fast. The day Ava had her first surgery, her NICU next door neighbor had her shunt clot up and she coded. He had to basically go straight from Ava's surgery in to her emergency surgery. She had been coding for over an hour by the time they got her down there and EVERYONE else was trying to get him to call it. He refused and opened her back up and got things fixed. She's had some struggles because of it but she is alive and doing great in spite of it. I just can't envision killing a healthy baby. As for us, I wish I could get Ava to help on the bath front Baby_Cakes but Ava has started boycotting them too! I think she's bored though. Too much else to explore out of the bathroom. Need to get her more bath toys. We're waiting on the high winds and heavy rain here. I really hope we don't lose power. I don't want to have to figure out alternate pumping locations!

#290 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks for that tip, Kat.  I passed it on to her, even tho her son is still nursing, using the pump cannot hurt.  I think she's starting to lose hope.  I texted her one last time and said I'll keep her in my thoughts and light a candle for her and baby, but I'm not going to bother her anymore.  I think she really needs to disconnect and get out of her head, honestly.  I hope things work out.  She really, desperately needs a better birth experience.  (Her last csec was an emergency.  She was induced at 41.5 weeks and while she was having a contraction, she gushed blood.  Placental abruption.  Codes were called and she was rushed in to surgery, baby inhaled blood and was in the nicu for 2 days, fed formula, etc).  She was planning a good experience this time, is so much more informed.  My heart is just aching for her.  gloomy.gif

Still just really rainy and windy here!  Nora has set up her craft table at the window so she can watch the hurricane.  

#291 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 11:28 AM

What a scary situation for her! but in the first case, a c section was unavoidable. In this case, I think it is. And BTW something I always have to remind myself - is that just bc you have an induction or c-section scheduled, doesn't mean you have to SHOW UP. big difference.

I have totally btdt. Thankfully my doctor (who didn't think I'd go into labor on my own and that I was a poor candidate for even a mild induction)  was willing to give me a couple more days to wait, despite his concerns about blood pressure and low fluid. I will keep thinking about her. It's hard to get out of your head.

Annie - glad you have such an amazing cardiologist for Ava! it's a comfort to know he's willing to fight hard for his little patients.

#292 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:

What a scary situation for her! but in the first case, a c section was unavoidable. In this case, I think it is. And BTW something I always have to remind myself - is that just bc you have an induction or c-section scheduled, doesn't mean you have to SHOW UP. big difference.

True!

So, castor oil cleared her out but nothing else.  She had an u/s scheduled today so she went, baby is fine.  Declined a cervical check (go mama!) and they rescheduled her induction for Wed at 6 am!  Geesh.  But she got what she wanted - more time.  So.  She's just hanging out now, still waiting.

Storm is ramping up.  Getting a little more nervous.

#293 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'm back.

Carrie ~ I hope you are safe.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#294 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM

MW, glad you're home! Baby_Cakes, can she agree to daily BPPs in exchange for pushing back the induction?

#295 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 04:21 PM

Haven't heard from you on here or FB Carrie, hope all is still well!

If I were her I would also push for nst's etc and not submit to an induction unless there's a definite reason for one.

I'm hungry, but t is sleeping on me and has been having such horrible sleep lately that I don't want to mess withe her now. Tummy grumbling greensad.gif

#296 of 385 Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie's power is out according to Chris's FB.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#297 of 385 Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 AM

I hope Carrie and family are holding up ok.

Not much going on here - work, kids, etc. Nugget is active, as usual  - I love it. looking forward to being able to see and feel movement from the outside. Ultrasound is 9 days away!

#298 of 385 Old 10-30-2012, 02:24 PM

akind1, I'm so excited to hear whether the baby is a boy or girl. I know you are thinking boy, right? For some reason, I'm thinking girl. No clue why, that's just what I think whenever I think about you being pregnant.

Totally off topic but I was off work yesterday and had a bit of time to do some thinking. I came to the conclusion that I don't want to put Ava in preschool when she turns 2 or 3. I talked to DH about it last night and he agrees. I just started thinking about all the great programs we have access to like weekly library programs and there are great classes through the city rec program. Also the homeschool group is very active. I just can't imagine having her in preschool in the morning, then napping or resting in the afternoon and then I go to work. I'd hardly ever see her. So for now, I'm comfortable with that choice. We're going to start our first weekly class after Christmas. It's a weekly class for under 3s to move and do songs and dances. I'll start with that and see how she does. The city also has art classes for little ones and then after she turns 3, there are beginning ballet options or other movement classes. After Christmas, I'm also going to start doing a letter basket. It's a basket filled with items that start with the same letter and you put a foam letter in with the items so the toddler can play with them. At this age, I'll switch the items out every couple of weeks but as she gets older, I'll probably switch it out weekly.

I'm so excited for trick or treating tomorrow night! She had SUCH a good time doing it on Saturday afternoon. She's already eaten all the candy. How do kids know that candy wrappers have yummy things in them? Must be something subliminal in the packaging.

#299 of 385 Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 AM

Bump pic!

I hope Carrie is not without power for too long - she was able to FB briefly for an update yesterday, her house is fine, but without power. and it's cold! 

Felt baby from the outside last night - lots of good strong thumps. Such an active little nugget :love:

#300 of 385 Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Nice, Kat! I love feeling those little thumps.

af.gif showed yesterday. Finally! 53 day cycle this time. It was 55 last time so maybe it's shortening.

Dylan is sort of saying "hot". He waves his hand in the air and says "ha" in a kind of airy whisper. I think he also said "ball" the other day. He was holding a toy bowling ball, said "ba" and threw it. The only problem is that a little later he was just running around playing and said "ba" again at nothing so I'm not sure. lol.gif He's definitely trying to talk more in general, making a lot more sounds and running on and on rather than just a short sound here and there. Still no "mama" or "dada" yet.

Oh, and his rash is almost completely cleared up after 5 days of wearing sposies. I've been stripping my diapers. I hope it works. If the rash comes back after going back to my CDs I don't know what I'll do.

Tags
Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page