October 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 385 Old 10-04-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I'll say it's worth saying to DH that you don't feel it's necessary to take her in so soon after her last visit.  A lie by omission is still a lie IMHO.
I'm the opposite though.  I wouldn't feel I need to justify all my reasons not to do XYZ shots.  Instead, I say to him if you want the baby to get them, convince me.  Convince me he needs them right now vs waiting.  Tell him he needs to go into all the reasons he wants to give Ava those vaccines.

I agree with this but couldn't figure out how to write it out earlier. I would tell my dh that I'm not taking the kids to the doctor. If he objects, he needs to give me thoughtful, factual reasons why they need to be seen. Until he can do that, we won't be going. He has never been able to do that and now is beginning to agree with me on it all, I think.

I don't like showing my belly, either. That's why I like the nursing tanks better, if I'd ever remember to wear the darn things! I think the other issue I have with actually wearing the nursing tanks is that they feel more like shirts than bras to me so I feel like I should wear a clean one every day, whereas I'll wear the same bra every day for a week before washing it.

DH watched the kids last night while I went to my neighbor's house to knit. It was nice. I came home around 10:30. DH was watching the debate and had no idea where Dylan was. lol.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 385 Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM

LOL! Glad you are getting some kid-free time! I think it would be best to tell him, but I'd also try to not make a big deal out of it. Nursing tanks aren't supportive enough for me, so I wear usual camis and a regular nursing bra.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#63 of 385 Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 PM

Blast. I knew I was going to have to talk to him about it. I agree, a lie of omission is still a lie. I wish he were going with me to my sister's house this weekend because then we would have plenty of time to discuss while driving. Ah well. I'll catch up with him about it Sunday night when we get home.

I'm seriously LOVING this age that Ava is right now. She understands what I'm saying, she's not really defiant, she's just so present, you know? I used to have this saying that I would say when I would take her out of the bath. This was when she was a tiny baby and would lay on the towel after I took her out of the tub. I said it to her every day. I stopped saying it when she started crawling away from me. The other day, I said it to her when I was taking her out of the tub and she got the biggest grin on her face and laid her head down on my shoulder. love.gif So the last couple of days, when I take her out of the shower, she kind of hunches over and looks up at me waiting for me to say the special words. Melts my heart!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#64 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 03:33 AM

Ava is such a smart girl! she really is. So sweet - I hope I get to meet her at the next vacation! Norah didn't nurse at all last night, woke briefly around 1, popped in the paci and she went right back to sleep. This is sort of how Gabe weaned, only he was in his crib, and started STTN there. I am a little sad, but so amazed we have made it as far as we did - and a little glad to have my boobs back for a few months before they are overtaken by a new boobie monster, and since this is the last one, he or she doesn't really have to stop at a certain point. Hope everyone has a great friday! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to JJ!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#65 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 04:26 AM

Oh!  Happy Thanksgiving JJ!

I was just thinking about our Thanksgiving.  It's not that far away!  Yum.  Cannot wait for food!  (see other post on how much I love food)

Lauri - that sounds so sweet!  Ava is such a doll.

Kat - Aww, bittersweet.  Hugs!  Sounds like she really is sleeping better, too.  I hope it keeps up!!  ONE WEEK till you can come out on FB!  Its driving me batty!  I can't wait to be able to openly talk about it!  When is your next appt?

AFM - Chris put the kids to bed last night for the first time and it went super smoothly!  I had a great time out at dinner w/my girlfriend.  It was so nice to have grown up time.  Plus she lives about an hour away, so I got to drive and listen to my music and be by myself for a bit too.

Happy Friday all!  I'll be around!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#66 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 AM

Aaaaaaannnnnd we're back to crap sleep. Got home at 12:30 AM, rushed around packing and cleaning until Ava stirred at 1:45 AM. Went to bed and was up at least twice before she woke at 6 AM FOR THE DAY. Supposed to be driving to my sister's today. 3 hr drive by myself on 4 broken hrs of sleep. Excellent.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#67 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 05:32 AM

Annie: will she sleep in the car? (doesn't help your lack of sleep, but it's something) and HUGS. broken sleep sucks. Though that was me for the last few months - in bed between 12 and 1, up to nurse at least twice, and up for the day at 6. I am sure it's temporary and your good sleeper will return! Do you have to visit? Carrie: next appointment is on Norah's birthday - so next Thursday. Looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again, though the baby is moving more lately - or movements I can feel, and that is good. I am so ready to be "out" on facebook. It means I have verbal vomit when ever I am around people who know I'm pregnant, because I have to talk about it somewhere! I am beyond thankful that so far this pregnancy has been as easy as my others. I pray it continues, and that this baby doesn't dwaddle as much as his or her siblings. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I wish I had more money - we'd be doing Ren Fest this weekend, but it looks like we will hold off until November.

#68 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ Isn't that how it always works? I swear, whenever I have big plans for something sleep the night before sucks and everything else goes haywire.

Ooooh, Kat will be coming out soon! hehe

Happy Thanksgiving, JJ. Do you all have a big feast like we do?

We're going through the sickies again. Ugh! It seems like every time I turn around someone here is sick.

Dylan actually fell asleep last night on my legs upside down with his head near my feet. lol.gif This morning he woke up, moved around the room a little, even crawled off the bed and back on, then laid back down next to Kellen and fell back to sleep. I didn't have to do a thing.

We were talking about diets at the park yesterday. One of the mom's is pregnant and possibly has gestational diabetes so she's trying to figure out what she can and can't eat. I piped up that I spent so many years exercising like a nut and restricting my food that I'm over it. If I want to eat something because I like it, I'm going to eat it. I'm tired of worrying about whether or not it's good for me or what size I am or how much I weigh. I'm sure that when Dylan is older and I can get more free time, I'll get back into exercising and maybe eating less unhealthy food but not right now. I'm going to enjoy my cake and brownies. smile.gif

So, I think Ryan's girlfriend moved in, sort of. Ryan decided to have his car engine rebuilt so he talked my mother into giving him $2500 to get it done. eyesroll.gif He's out of a car and work for two weeks so his GF is letting him use her car as much as possible. I guess their solution to sharing the car is to have her stay here. I don't really mind, I guess. She doesn't cause any problems. If anything, she makes things nicer because she and Ryan cleaned his room the other night and she bought some groceries.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#69 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Well, at least there is a plus side? though I guess, if it were me, I'd want my kid to talk to me about adding people to the household before it was done (asking permission would be nice . . . even in regular rent/landlord situations, you usually need to inform if there is a change in occupancy) BUT - she's nice, and helps, so it's kind of moot - and yeah, it's not my kid ;) LOL What's up with all the sickies? get better people! Going to the chiro today - it's much needed. I need to be going regularly, especially being pregnant.

#70 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Well, at least there is a plus side? though I guess, if it were me, I'd want my kid to talk to me about adding people to the household before it was done (asking permission would be nice . . . even in regular rent/landlord situations, you usually need to inform if there is a change in occupancy) BUT - she's nice, and helps, so it's kind of moot - and yeah, it's not my kid wink1.gif .

She has stayed over periodically here and there. They know I don't mind that. Ryan did ask me if I minded that she had been staying. I, honestly, hadn't even noticed because she's always here when they aren't working, anyway, and we go to bed long before Ryan gets home from work (usually) and goes to bed. So, she hasn't really moved in. She's just been sleeping over more often.

I guess there's an issue with a curfew with her mother, too. She's 23 years old but her mother has still set a curfew. If she's not home by curfew, the door is locked and her mother won't give her a key. I can understand wanting anyone who lives in the home to either be home or check in because, otherwise, I might not be able to sleep from worrying. But that doesn't make sense if you are going to lock someone out if they aren't home. I would just worry more not knowing where my child was and knowing she couldn't get into the house. In that case, it's not an issue of love and concern. It's an issue of control and I think it's ridiculous to try to control an adult child like that. If she were living on her own, would the mom still expect her to be check in by a certain time? I can assure you it's not a case of this girl staying out partying and coming in drunk and loud and obnoxious and waking everyone up. She's so quiet when she comes in the house that she scares me when I turn around and she's suddenly there. lol.gif

I think my issue with continually getting sick is that I'm not getting the time I need to rest and fully recover. At least no one has been seriously ill for a long period. It's more just annoying cold-type symptoms. I do feel more tired and run down. I actually took a nap on the couch yesterday for an hour or so with Dylan asleep on me. DH was mad when he rushed home to take Ethan to baseball and he wasn't ready. Sorry I am sick. eyesroll.gif

I need to talk to dh about that. He said he did it because he didn't want to miss his last chance to watch Ethan play baseball. Ok, then why make it not fun by being grumpy about it? He wouldn't even help Ethan find his cup because he was running late. So, being on time is more important than your child's safety? That doesn't make sense. I don't think he's thought of it in those terms so I'm going to try to gently point that out to him.

Oh, doh! duh.gif I forgot the reason I came back here to post in the first place. nut.gif My chart. Days of EWCF and no O again.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/coconutsFFChart

thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

#71 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Well that chart sure is frustrating.  dizzy.gif

So.

You know the saying just b/c you miss someone doesn't mean you need them back in your life? That it's ok to just miss them?? Idk what to do/think anymore. 

I haven't spoken to my sister in over 3 years (since N was around 6 mo old). We had a huge HUGE falling out. I really still haven't forgiven her for what she said/did. But. I just realized she doesn't have me blocked anymore on FB. I was going thru my timeline to see if my PMs were visible and I saw pictures of her adorable 6 mo old baby boy (!!!) and now my heart is just racing and I'm nervous and actually *thinking*...maybe this dead heat silence has gone on long enough? Would she even talk to me?? I'm not blocked by her anymore...but what would happen if I reached out? Am I asking to get hurt?? Would I have to speak to my Mom again??? Is this going to open a can of worms???

Ugh. I wish things were easy and simple and cut and dry. But nothing is. You know?

I've been thinking a lot lately about my family.  Partly/mostly b/c Nora is really starting to ask a lot of questions about where my mother is and why we see Daddy's mom but not my mom, etc.  I've explained all I can that she did something to hurt my feelings, so I dont talk to her right now.  She gets that, but she then tells me, "You should tell her to say sorry, Mom."

If only it were that simple.

You know?

Idk what to do anymore!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#72 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM

So Nora and Finn have a cousin?? did you know she was pregnant? It's hard - if she was a friend, I would say, forget it, not worth it. But she's not only family, she's your sister. And that's not going to change. I obviously don't know what the falling out was. but it looks like there were hurt feelings on both sides. I would say . . . reach out . . . tenatively, like, beautiful baby! maybe, maybe, maybe, meet in a public place for coffee? My mom and her sisters are all relatively estranged, but are civil when in eachothers company every few years. I can see my sister and I headed in that direction, we are just so different. I like her husband, but she herself is hard to like. Is your family nearby? MW: I hope you are able to get some rest and get well. being sick sucks. I don't have time to be sick. This month is too busy!

#73 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Nora and Finn actually have a LOT of cousins!  My oldest sister (who I do speak to, we just aren't close) has 12 kids, and my 3rd oldest sister has 2 older girls, and now M has 1 baby.  I knew she was having a baby.  Last New Years...oh it's a long story.  My aunt came out of nowhere and posted on my FB wall that she thought I should know that M was pg and that maybe I could "share in her happiness".  Oh boy I flipped.  Share in her happiness my ASS.  Where was any of my family, where was M when I was pg??  When I had Nora??  Nowhere, thats where.  They completely left me high and dry.

Ok - in a nutshell... here is the backstory.

She and I were always oil and water, but we were in a good place I thought. My brother was getting married and she was matron of honor. I was invited to my future SILs bridal shower. Nora was 6 mo old, and I just was going to bring her. Well, my sister (M) flat out told me "she's not invited no kids at the shower" and I was like what? this is your niece! She's ebf and I don't have milk pumped for her, I need that for work!
She started railing on me that it was "sad that chris couldn't watch her" even for 1 afternoon. 
I finally was just like, really mad about this, so I wrote her a PM on FB about how I woudl really just like to bring her. That if I seemed out of line it wasn't b/c I was trying to be difficult but b/c being a mom is a lot of responsibility. Being up w/the baby and working out of the home, etc. 
She fired back, "Well, you sound really happy. Maybe you shouldn't have had her."

I was also fighting a badddd case of PPD at the time, so I went into shock I think. I just X'ed her out of my life. 

I told my mom about what had happened and my mom sided with her. Said i shouldn't bring "the baby" to the shower. Her own grandbaby! So...I just cut ties with everyone. :-/

I went to the wedding and tried to just ignore it all but it was too toxic. I went to a few holidays at my Mom's but didn't feel welcome. Easter that year, M stormed out of the house when we showed up. It's been easy to just pretend they don't exist. But when you see a baby and he's real and you miss people...idk. Why do I miss someone who treated me this way?? You know??

I'm worried about getting hurt but I'm also worried about opening up my kids to that level of hurt, as well. My mom was THE most uninvolved grandmother and really never made any effort. It stung. It was sort of the final straw in our tumultuous relationship, so I drew my line there. I didn't like who I was around her or after being around her, and I didn't want my daughter to have an unstable insecure mom. You know?

I'm worried that if I open this up, I'll probably have to hash out stuff with my mom. I don't want to. I do want to but I realllly don't want to. 
I also tend to get like this around the holidays, so I don't know if that's what this is or if it's real.

I just don't know how to make it all on my terms. I can't do that. I don't think I'm 100% in the right. I could have done so much differently, and the fact that I've alienated everyone was MY doing b/c I didn't want to subject myself and my kid(s) to their crap. I justified it at the time but now I'm kind of regretting it. Maybe I should have just painted a smile on and dealt with it? I don't think I was strong enough to. I don't even think i'm necessarily strong enough NOW. I mean, I know who I am so much more now, and I feel more mature about the whole situation...but I still don't know what the right thing to do is.

and honestly guys, if I even mention this to chris again (getting back in touch with them) he's going to be so unsupportive.  He loathes my family.  Like, abhors.  For how they treated me, for all the tears I've cried, for all the rudeness over the years.  For all of it.  I know he thinks this is bad news.  I don't want to even talk to him about it!!

#74 of 385 Old 10-05-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ I wish I had time to write up a decent response to this. Maybe I'll be able to do bits and pieces over the weekend. Right now, dh is asleep on the couch and Dylan is throwing things off the coffee table. lol.gif

Anyway, that's a really hard situation. I am very much one to say stay away from toxic people and/or situation even if it is family. If it's going to cause trouble between you and Chris, maybe it's not worth it, at least not now. You could always be the better person and send your sister a card and a baby gift and leave it at that. Then if she or anyone else wants to try to patch things up with you and contacts you, you can make it on your terms. Tell them up front that you were really hurt and felt very unsupported and abandoned by them and you aren't going to take any crap from them this time. Tell them what kind of relationship you want to have with them. Outline exactly l what is not ok, like telling you how to parent or whatever they may butt their noses into. Have that all worked out before you do anything. As long as you are being reasonable, if they choose not to respect your wishes, you'll know you've done everything you can and none of this is a reflection on you.

#75 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 AM

The baby shower thing would have pissed me off. And sounds so much like something my sister would do.
Who, by the way, isn't coming to Norah's 1st birthday party OR our Dad's 50th, which are being celebrated the same day. Some sort of teacher thing, she says. I am tryinv not to be upset. Not surprised.

At any rate, I think I would have just not gone, and stayed cordial. I am not good at writing people off. Too much hope.
I think sending a card and gift would be nice. Puts the ball in her court. As far as open ing up your kids to that sort of hurt, that's hard. And if Chris loathes them, and mostly in defense of you, that says alot - like volumes. Not worth excess marital stress..

#76 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

The baby shower thing would have pissed me off.

It wasn't a baby shower. It was a bridal shower. And it's perfectly ok for someone to plan an adult party like that without kids/babies. People have entire weddings where babies and children are specifically not invited.

I don't see why you couldn't leave a 6 month old with Dad for an hour or two. I've done that and have never had stored breastmilk or bottles available. I would explain that I would most likely have to leave early to get home to my baby but would like to come at least for a short while. My dh would know to call me if he was having trouble. If it's too far away, then I'd politely decline.

I would be extremely hurt by the statement about being unhappy and should've not had the baby. That's mean and hurtful. But, was it said totally out of the blue or was it said as a reaction to something hurtful that was said to her? That would change the entire situation. Not that it would then be ok but maybe understandable.

You can send cards and gifts for the baby without having to interact with the adults because that's what this is about, right? The children.

#77 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

It wasn't a baby shower. It was a bridal shower. And it's perfectly ok for someone to plan an adult party like that without kids/babies. People have entire weddings where babies and children are specifically not invited.
I don't see why you couldn't leave a 6 month old with Dad for an hour or two. I've done that and have never had stored breastmilk or bottles available. I would explain that I would most likely have to leave early to get home to my baby but would like to come at least for a short while. My dh would know to call me if he was having trouble. If it's too far away, then I'd politely decline.
I would be extremely hurt by the statement about being unhappy and should've not had the baby. That's mean and hurtful. But, was it said totally out of the blue or was it said as a reaction to something hurtful that was said to her? That would change the entire situation. Not that it would then be ok but maybe understandable.
You can send cards and gifts for the baby without having to interact with the adults because that's what this is about, right? The children.

Of course they do.  And I did go and I didn't bring her.  But.  What really was my issue was how she went about telling me -- rude.  And Idk.  If it was for a cousin or a friend I could see it, but this was my own family. Grandma!  Aunts!  
It was just really rude and unexpected.  I had just assumed I could bring her.  And honestly a 6 mo nursling is loads different from even a 1 year old or a child.  It's just not the same.

I couldn't politely decline.  If I hadn't gone it would have been really rude as well.  I felt trapped.

And nope, I didn't say anything to provoke that kind of statement from her.  I just poured my guts out saying how motherhood was a lot of responsibility, and I pump milk for work and that's really all I had (and mind you this was my very first baby and obv she wasn't eating solids, and I was panicking thinking of being away from her.  Plus I worked, and I didn't want to be away from her.  Different situation than even with my 2nd baby, honestly!)

Anyway, I don't even think I was right looking back but my feelings were hurt.  The fact they didn't want Nora there really bothered me.  I felt hurt FOR her.  I felt like they were so excited when I had her, and they they just completely abandoned us.  Nobody ever called or came by.  Nobody asked how we were doing.  I had PPD and I don't even think they cared.  M would send me text messages about "why aren't you coming to moms????" for x or y reason (usually just a sunday afternoon) not realizing I had this little family I was trying to grow and was tired and not really wanting to.  Idk.  It might sound selfish but at the time it was really all I could do.  Nora was so incredibly high needs.  She didn't sleep at night (picture Tenley).  I was exhausted and I mentioned that in my pm to her.  She took that and ran -- instead of being a listening ear or being supportive, she hit me where it hurt.  On purpose.

I would call my mom weekly and I always got rushed off the phone for a TV show coming on or some odd reason like that.

I can't send her anything.  I don't know any addresses.  

Idk.  After a night of (broken) sleep and just more thinking, I'm not going to act on anything yet.  I don't like how it's making me already.  Just thinking about these people is making me really uneasy and that quote you posted, Alysia, really made sense.

#78 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

What really was my issue was how she went about telling me -- rude.  And Idk.  If it was for a cousin or a friend I could see it, but this was my own family. Grandma!  Aunts!  

It was just really rude and unexpected.  I had just assumed I could bring her.  And honestly a 6 mo nursling is loads different from even a 1 year old or a child.  It's just not the same.
I couldn't politely decline.  If I hadn't gone it would have been really rude as well.  I felt trapped.

I don't really understand why you couldn't just decline. I don't understand the whole issue of feeling obligated to attend things like that just because. I figure if they get angry because I don't go, they aren't the kind of people I need to be around, anyway (which might help you answer your question).

Quote:
Anyway, I don't even think I was right looking back but my feelings were hurt.  The fact they didn't want Nora there really bothered me.  I felt hurt FOR her.  I felt like they were so excited when I had her, and they they just completely abandoned us.  Nobody ever called or came by.  Nobody asked how we were doing.  I had PPD and I don't even think they cared.  M would send me text messages about "why aren't you coming to moms????" for x or y reason (usually just a sunday afternoon) not realizing I had this little family I was trying to grow and was tired and not really wanting to.  Idk.  It might sound selfish but at the time it was really all I could do.  Nora was so incredibly high needs.  She didn't sleep at night (picture Tenley).  I was exhausted and I mentioned that in my pm to her.  She took that and ran -- instead of being a listening ear or being supportive, she hit me where it hurt.  On purpose.

I would call my mom weekly and I always got rushed off the phone for a TV show coming on or some odd reason like that.

I wonder if you took things too personally because of your situation, PPD, first baby, sleep-deprivation. I'm not saying that you are wrong but you only have your side of the incident. There's usually my side, their side and the truth somewhere in the middle. KWIM?

I guess what I'm trying to get at is, if you think you overreacted at all or think that you could have done something differently at all, then maybe it would be a good idea to try to patch things up. If you truly believe that she (they) did the wrong thing and hurt you on purpose, then don't bother with them. Just because someone is family doesn't mean you have to associate with them.
Quote:
I can't send her anything.  I don't know any addresses.

Can you get addresses from your aunt? Could you send something to your mom or your other sister to pass along?

#79 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM

Good points, all, Alysia.  Thank you!!!

#80 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I could help.

So, I did something nutty. I decided to invite a bunch of neighbors over for BBQ tomorrow. That means dh will be cooking all day. He doesn't mind. I hope I can keep up. There are going to be around 20 people, adults and children.

#81 of 385 Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM

That actually sounds fun!! I think you'll do fine.

I'm starting to get serious with planning Nora's party. It's small so I don't have to go too nuts but I think I might see how $$ it is to rent a bounce house. She had too much fun in one today at a friend's party and asked for it for hers.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

#82 of 385 Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

We got a bouncy house for a party we had once. The kids loved it!

I'm going crazy with the way Dylan is nursing these days. He wants me to sit on the couch with my shirt pulled up so he can come and go as he pleases and switch from one side to the other over and over. He cries and screams if I pull my shirt down or tell him to pick a side. It's driving me crazy!

#83 of 385 Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

We got a bouncy house for a party we had once. The kids loved it!
I'm going crazy with the way Dylan is nursing these days. He wants me to sit on the couch with my shirt pulled up so he can come and go as he pleases and switch from one side to the other over and over. He cries and screams if I pull my shirt down or tell him to pick a side. It's driving me crazy!

What a demanding little dude!!  

He's too much!  That honestly would drive me bananas as well.

We went to my BILs fire station open house today.  The kids had a lot of fun.  They had a huge bounce castle thing so Nora was in heaven, she went on it twice and used up 4 of her ride/game tickets!!  She wanted to go even more times, lol!  We got to see the fire trucks and they even had a helicopter come and land and the kids could see in and sit in the cockpit.  Was pretty cool even for a grown up!

Finn did amazing, he completely skipped napping the whole day.  I thought he'd be a fuss but he was in a great mood.  We even went out to red robin around 330 and ate with my ILs and he was awesome, ate well, was cute, the whole nine.  We pushed it and went to Fresh Market for goodies afterwards.  He then fell asleep in the car for the hour ride home.

Tonight chris and I are going to watch the Langoliers.  I'm so in the mood to sit and watch a crappy made for TV stephen king movie.

#84 of 385 Old 10-07-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

BBQ is over. greensad.gif It was fun. I feel like everyone left too early. They left before 9 pm. I've had way too much wine. hehe It was fun. The food was sooo good. People asked me what I made. I told them I didn't make any of it. It's the truth. Sean makes everything. smile.gif

Carrie ~ I saw your firetruck pics. I loved them all. Nora and Finn driving the truck are too cute!

The worst with Dylan is in the middle of the night. What can I do? We fight because he wants to twiddle my nipples and flip back and forth. I put my hand or arm over myself but he just pushes and cries and screams. Ugh!

#85 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 03:41 AM

MW: Would Dylan still do that if you weren't there? (that's my only thought or suggestion) - re: the nipple twiddling. I am so thankful I have yet to have a nipple twiddler. That and the other nursing behavior would drive me bananas. I know lots of toddler boys that are the same way with nrsing, they just want it constantly available. It would cause me to want to be out of the house with lots of distractions all the time to avoid situations where he thought I could just sit there and nurse all day. Of course, this phase will pass too, but from what I've seen in my friends that nurse toddlers, it seems to last until around age 2 (which seems like forever, but it's not, I guess) I have yet to meet a toddler girl nursling that does that. IDK why. But also, I know far more toddler boy nurslings at the moment. I am really a bit sad that norah is not night nursing anymore. Not enough to want to encourage her to continue, or go back to offering during the day . . . But I miss nursing her already. I did not miss nursing Gabe when he weaned. But with him, nursing had become painful and frequent - I was so ready for him to stop. I had finally got to a place of contement with nursing Norah just once at night, and she stopped. LOL go figure. It wont be long before I have another boobie monster! babies do have to grow up. Carrie: I am so glad the kids had a lot of fun! Gabe loves a bouncy house. I rarely let him go on them - because they don't have specific start and stop times, like other "rides" and getting him off can be a real challenge. And I am not renting one. They are wicked expensive (at least here) I think a little over $200 for the day at all the places I've looked. Busy week ahead preparing for the birthdays. I am excited! and so glad that when this week is over I can be "out" and stop being secretive!

#86 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

It would be a bit impossible for me to nurse him and not be there at the same time. lol.gif He does that while he nursing, not while just laying there or sleeping. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I don't mind him wanting to nurse a lot, either. I can sit pretty much all day and let him nurse if that's what he wants. What bugs me is that he won't pick and side and nurse. He wants to continually switch from one side to the other every few seconds. That drives me batty!

#87 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Ah, that makes more sense! In that case, I hope it is a phase he grows out of soon. One friend was able to offer a pinching alternative (in his case a plush doll) to spare the hands that were being pinched when said child was being sleepy and tired. IDK if that would work in your case. For the switching sides, also seems to just be a common toddler nursing thing. No help, just lots of sympathy. Great day out with friends I don't get to see much, now back at work. *sigh*

#88 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Whew! Busy, busy weekend! Ava and I are back home and recovering from our time away. We had a great time. After waking up so early, she went back down for a 2 hr nap so I slept with her even though I should have packed. I just couldn't do that drive on so little sleep. So we left about an hour later than I had wanted to but we still arrived before traffic got too bad up there. Ava did great on the drive up. She slept some and talked and looked out the window. She didn't really start to get upset until we were about 20 mins away. I just kept feeding her goldfish one at a time and that kept her relatively happy. She had so much fun playing with her cousins. My 3 yr old niece and Ava are two peas in a pod. And since Ava likes to spend her days in various states of undress, Grace decided she needed to do that too. lol.gif

Do any of you have sisters that you are close to? I'm trying to figure out if my sister's girls and Ava are drawn to us because we sound like each other or if they have some biological knowledge that we are related. It's the most interesting thing to me, especially after having spent time with MW and Baby_Cakes. Dylan and Finn didn't mind me but they didn't really tolerate me doing stuff for them and vice versa with Ava and the other moms. But my nieces have never had a problem with me taking care of them, they never have to "re-learn" me when they haven't seen me for months and Ava is the same way with my sister. She just goes to her, no problems. In fact, she was following her around the house begging my sister to pick her up. What do you guys think? Do they feel safe with us because we sound the same? Just something interesting I was thinking about on my drive back yesterday.

Baby_Cakes, if you have the space to store it, it would probably be more economical to just buy a bounce house to use for future parties. I don't think they are much more than what it costs to rent one.

MW, I got the biggest chuckle out of you being sad that everyone left before 9 PM. They probably left because it's a Sunday night and kids have to go to school today! ROTFLMAO.gifGlad the party was a success though! I wish we had yard space to do something like that.

akind1, I can't wait for you to announce! I was thinking the other day that if I get pregnant again, I would try to make it to 20 weeks before announcing. I don't like people pestering me.

JJ, how's Miss Ten doing these days? Did you get the extra crib to sidecar?

Teething is going to be the death of me! I'll be so happy when these incisors (I think that's what Ava is working on right now) comes in. She's literally biting her own hand from the pain. Messy dipes from upset tummy, interrupted sleep, drooling, bah. Go away teething!

#89 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ I do think there is something to what you have noticed. It's probably a combo of looking and sounding similar. When I was little I used to switch mommies whenever I was around my aunt. I'm not close to my sister but my mom has always had a pretty easy time of taking care of my babies.

School was closed today for the holiday. I think, though, it was probably because we all have young kids. We had a good time. We set everything up in the backyard but it started pouring rain right when the food was ready so we all ended up staying inside. Well, the kids were outside playing in the rain. They got soaked.

#90 of 385 Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM

Oh that's true. I forget that some school systems close for Columbus Day. Ours doesn't. The BBQ looked so good in the pic you posted on FB. I wanted to drive down to you guys so I could eat it!

Tags
Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Parenting

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page