October 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 385 Old 10-17-2012, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I put Finn in bed for his nap and I dozed off for a bit.  I woke up with a start thinking it was the morning and we overslept!  Ha!  Hate when that happens!!  I only slept for 12 min.  WTF body???  I def need to catch up on more than 12 min of sleep!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#182 of 385 Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Kat. I never would have thought to look for a list like that. The few times I have looked for pediatricians friendly toward my practices there hasn't been anyone anywhere near me.

It's not an issue with his foreskin (most of the time) or penis. The rash is on his scrotum. The tip of his foreskin has become red and swollen a few times but that's not the main problem that keeps recurring. It started out as tiny red bumps. That cleared up and came back and cleared with the tip of his foreskin sometimes flaring up red and swollen. Now there's a big patch on the side of his scrotum next to his penis that is red and kind of shiny. It looks a lot like a burn.

When that showed up I decided to use the cream I have because it has an antibiotic in it as well as and antifungal. I figured that would clear it up regardless of which one it is or in case it's both now. If the cream doesn't work, I'll take him to the doc.

About his foreskin, it is completely detached. It has been from birth. Strange, I know, but I noticed it when he was a newborn and asked because I was worried that it wasn't attached to the glans at all. He can fully retract it himself and does sometimes. So, maybe I don't even need to worry anymore? IDK I still think that no one else should retract someone's foreskin without their consent even if it is completely detached.

I went grocery shopping today for the first time in a loooooong time. I must have looked lost because everyone in the store kept offering to help me. lol.gif I left all the kids home with Ryan, though, so it went fast.

Oh, and I totally jinxed myself with the sleep. I knew I shouldn't have said anything. I don't think Dylan settled at all last night. He was tossing and turning like crazy. I finally got up around 4:30 or 5:00 to change his diaper. He didn't have any poo and was barely wet. I put a clean diaper on him and just a t-shirt instead of the sleeper. He finally fell sleep about an hour after that but only for a short while and then tossed and turned some more until about 9:30 or 10. So, I have no idea why he slept so well the night before. shrug.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#183 of 385 Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Ava isn't sleeping well again. Maybe it's the age? She's on the verge of really trying to talk. She's working hard at imitating what we say. Oh and her tummy is so messed up from teething right now so she's pooping at like 6 AM, waking herself up and then can't go back to sleep. Ugh. And this afternoon, just as she was going down for her nap, she pooped so that woke her up and we had to start all over again.

The new babysitter is NOT working out. Which is a total bummer because it was so easy to just walk her next door. But when I took her over this afternoon, she started crying right away and was almost to the point of panic attack. The babysitter said she cried the whole 2 hrs on Monday. greensad.gif So I had to take her to work with me and DH came and picked her up from there. Luckily, I had meetings and projects for the first couple of hours and wasn't on the phones. No clue what we're going to do for the rest of the time until her other babysitter is ready to start taking her again.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#184 of 385 Old 10-18-2012, 04:01 AM

Poor Ava! I wonder if you can have someone come to your house?

MW: that is interesting - Gabe's started detaching around age 2 - he doesn't try to retract, he pulls it out longer. I only tried to see if it would back when he was having smegma pearls and I was concerned about it being swollen and him able to pee. (he was fine) I hope his rash clears up soon!

Carrie - 12 minutes? is it better than nothing? IDK . . .it'd make me cranky.

AFU: nothing planned to day - tons for the weekend, corn maze, state fair, anniversary date night . . . and seeing MIL. That last has me worried. ugh.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#185 of 385 Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ That kind of nap stinks. I would be cranky and groggy after waking up from that. You have an alarm to get up in the mornings? Why? Or was that just a part of the weird dream or whatever?

Annie ~ Poor Ava. greensad.gif What about one of your older kids? Could one of them take care of her at your house for those 2 hours? It may not really matter much who she's with if it's not someone she already knows and loves. Some babies do not like being left with someone else or not being at home. It could be a stages/phases things, too. I think there's an stage when toddlers have separation anxiety even if they were fine with it before.

Kat ~ Maybe it will be good to your MIL. If anything is going to come out, it's good to get it out and over with, I think, rather than letting it sit and simmer.

Dylan got his diaper off this morning. I don't know how he did it. I was making my coffee, turned around and there he was naked with his diaper on the floor. lol.gif

Oh, and I spilled coffee grounds all inside the water reservoir of my coffee maker. I don't know how to get it out. Blech!

Supposed to go to homeschool park day today but I'm not feeling it. I really should because we haven't been in a couple of weeks and I know the boys would like it. It seems kind of silly now, though, considering we have another homeschool family in our group right across the street, especially when they are the only other family that seems to be going.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#186 of 385 Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Whew! MDC is back up! I was going through withdrawals! lol.gif

It would be so great if DSD 14 could watch her because her high school is within walking distance of our house. But HS doesn't get out until 4 PM and I need to leave my house at 3:15 PM at the latest. You're probably right, I don't think it has anything to do with the specific babysitter, she's just not used to staying with someone that she hasn't known her whole life. I think she views her regular babysitter's house as one of her houses. She just goes in and starts playing with stuff. Sometimes, she may whine or fuss when it's time for me to leave but the babysitter can calm her down no problem. We're going over on Sat morning to see her and meet the new baby.

Had Ava's WBV this morning. She's 18 lbs and 28 inches. So she's fallen off the growth chart for height now. Her pedi asked me about shots and I said I didn't want to do any right now, partly because she's been sick and I don't want to stress her immune system. I guess I'll need to flat out ask him at her 18 month WBV if he will need to "fire" us if I delay the rest of her shots indefinitely. He was a little concerned about her lack of walking but he said her tone was good and she's not technically delayed until she hits 16 months and she's not walking. He asked me where things stood with the testing for Noonan's and I told him that insurance was still denying the claim. So I asked him if at some point, since she's now fallen off the growth chart and she has other physical traits associated w/Noonan's, do we just label her as having Noonan's? He said he wasn't sure. He asked me if she followed simple instructions and I said yes and told him what she did this morning. She was naked and she sat down and started looking at her vagina like she needed to pee. I told her that if she needed to do peeps, she should sit on the potty. So she stood up, cruised over to her IKEA potty seat, sat down and peed. So she can follow instructions!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#187 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 05:07 AM

Annie, haha me too! MDC withdrawl!

I'd keep fighting insurance, bc what if Noonan's is NOT it?

Oh, and re: MIL she's acting as if she didn't say or do anything out of the ordinary, which is really how I thought she'd play it. I still think we need to talk, but it will wait until Sunday when we pick Gabe up.

Need to work! Ack!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#188 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Annie ~ What Kat said. Can you get your insurance to cover some other kind of testing? Maybe something more general that would help either rule in or rule out Noonan's.

Kat ~ I can kind of see how your MIL would think she should be able to talk to her son about some things and keep them private. But once the cat is out of the bag, you can't put it back.

My cycle is getting frustrating. I thought I may have Oed 11 days ago based on ewcf and subsequent dry up but I've now had to more patches of ewcf. oh well.

thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

#189 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 AM

I haven't spoken with her - I rarely do, except in person - she and DH spoke about her watching Gabe this weekend yesterday. And he said she acted as if nothing was said out of the ordinary. And if she had spoken to him in prI ate about the pregnancy. And her concerns, it would be one thing, but she raged at Norah's party, quite publicly, so that's a different thing.

I am no help with charting greensad.gif

Going to a corn maze tonight!

#190 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 AM

Hi guys!! Oooh mdc looks different. This will take getting used to!

Lauri - boo to the dropoff in weight.  :-(  I'm sorry.  I'm not sure what I'd do.  I think I'd pay out of pocket for the testing if I couldn't get insurance to cover it.  Is it very expensive?

MW - do you have any sposies left?  Maybe try triple paste and sposies for a few days to clear up that rash.  It's the only thing that works for Finnley when he has a bad teething rash (like right now).  He gets red, bumpy, and shiny rash all over his bum and around his scrotum, and when I wipe it sometimes he bleeds a little.  Oh it's so awful.  None of the natrual stuff even remotely helps.  I just slather his bum with triple paste and keep him comfy that way.  

Kat - ugh good luck with the MIL.  Is Gabe spending the whole weekend?  Maybe just let it all go.  Who really needs to drag anything out longer than necessary.  She ought to apologize, but is it going to happen?  Is it worth it if it isn't genuine?  Ugh.  It's too bad.  What a piece of work she is.

Have fun at the corn maze!

I'm busy busy!  Party is tmw.  Weather looks good!  It's POURING today tho, so all the yard work (raking up and setting up the bounce house) will have to wait till tomorrow am.  Nora is going to flip!  Hopefully DH doens't have any trouble picking it up.  It should fit in the car, the guy said.  

Taking a break from cleaning to eat lunch (big huge spinach salad) and watch some Dr Who.  Finn just went down for a nap.  Hopefully he gives me another good one so I can get some laundry done and maybe start baking!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#191 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, I misunderstood, Kat. I thought she talked to your dh in private about it. If she had raged in public, in front of me, especially at my child's birthday part, I would have told her to leave. I would most definitely give her a piece of my mind.

I don't have any sposies. I looked at them when I went grocery shopping. I tried really hard to buy some but I just couldn't. lol.gif I decided I'd wait the week out and then try again if needed. His rash is clearing up now, though. It looks so much better than just 2 days ago. I think this might be more teething rash. When he was screaming yesterday I noticed the white spots of his lower cuspids just under his gums, gave him some Hyland's teething tablets and he was immediately as happy as could be (if only for a few minutes).

Is my chart link not working? I checked it via post preview before posting and it was there. Now it's not and when I clicked on the link it just runs and runs.

#192 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 AM

Norah's rash is present regardless of sposies or cloth, it does fade a bit with a thick slather of diaper cream (again, doesn't matter if CD safe or not . . .) Maybe it's just teething? but it seems pee related as opposed to poop.

I, unfortunately, didn't hear the comments. She did leave shortly after making them - also a good thing. I wouldn't force her to apologize. We'll see how her attitude continues, I mean, the pregancy isn't going anywhere, and the baby will be here before we know it, so it's not like a topic that can be swept under the rug indefinitely. But I do think her comments have done serious damage to her and DH's relationship. no helping that.

I can't wait to see pics of Nora's party!

#193 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 AM

It works!  I think FF was down earlier.  I couldn't get to mine to update it.

Glad his rash seems to be going away!  That's good news.  If it's teething then I feel you - like I said Finn's bum is in rough shape right now from those molars!

#194 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Dylan also got a ring around his butt yesterday. I think it was from having spaghetti with tomato sauce. That was the first time he had that. I'm pretty sure he reacted to me eating cooked tomatoes when he was an infant.

Kat ~ There isn't anything you can (or need to) do about her damaging her relationship with her son. That's her problem. Sad but maybe that will eventually help her realize that she needs to chill.

Is there a way to block certain people from seeing your posts on Facebook without actually unfriending them? There are some people who I would rather not converse with on there because we seem to disagree on everything.

#195 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Is there a way to block certain people from seeing your posts on Facebook without actually unfriending them? There are some people who I would rather not converse with on there because we seem to disagree on everything.

I know with photos you can exclude certain people from seeing them.   I bet you could somehow do it with posts.  I think you make it "custom" instead of "friends" and you can click that person to exclude from the post.  Let me try it.  

Yes!  You can.  When you update your status, where it says Friends, click it and highlight Custom.  You'll be able to hide it from a specific person!

#196 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I know with photos you can exclude certain people from seeing them.   I bet you could somehow do it with posts.  I think you make it "custom" instead of "friends" and you can click that person to exclude from the post.  Let me try it.  

Yes!  You can.  When you update your status, where it says Friends, click it and highlight Custom.  You'll be able to hide it from a specific person!

Yes, I knew there was a way to set it to customs so only certain people would see but that is a lot more work. I was hoping for a way of blocking just one or two people. I found it. If you hover over their name and then click on Friend, you can change the group they are associated with. Set to restricted, they can't see anything you post unless you tag them or make it public.

#197 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Yes, I knew there was a way to set it to customs so only certain people would see but that is a lot more work. I was hoping for a way of blocking just one or two people. I found it. If you hover over their name and then click on Friend, you can change the group they are associated with. Set to restricted, they can't see anything you post unless you tag them or make it public.

Aha!  GTK! I suppose if it's just a thing or two it's ok to do it custom.  Your way sounds way better.  Like blocking yourself from their feed!

#198 of 385 Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Baby_Cakes and akind1, I hope your weekends go well. Can't wait to hear about them! WRT testing for Ava, they have already covered a chromosomal microarray that was done to check the number of chromosomes. It also looked for deletions or transpositions as one common genetic condition that goes along with her heart defect is diGeorge Syndrome which is a deletion on the 22 chromosome. She has the correct number of chromosomes and no deletions or transpositions. The testing that would need to be done is around $3K. Basically, seven of her genes have to be mapped. The tricky thing is some people have Noonan's and no genetic markers. So the test isn't a given for diagnosis. :(

#199 of 385 Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I blocked someone from my newsfeed because I was getting annoyed with everything she was posting. lol.gif I should just unfriend her but I think that would be too obvious right after we got into an argument on FB. Maybe I should so she knows exactly why. I've only met her once personally so it's not like we are friends or I need to keep her as a contact for anything.

The other person, I'm just tired of her contrary comments to my posts, even when they are meant as jokes. I think it's a matter of us having very different ways of seeing the I want to unfriend her, too, but we have some mutual friends and I'm afraid it would be awkward. IDK. I probably will eventually.

Such strange dilemmas with Facebook. lol.gif

Annie ~ I'll go back to what I said a while ago, then. What is the need for the testing? You probably know my position by now. I don't think that labels and diagnoses are necessary unless it's something life-threatening and that's the only way to get medical treatment for it. I would think you'd be able to get any therapy for her that she might need without the diagnosis. For example, if it's decided she's not walking because she's physically delayed (maybe because of her heart defect and subsequent surgeries), insurance should cover that. I can't imagine that sort of thing would be denied.

I guess you might need a diagnosis of some sort if she needed an IEP and accommodations in school. That girl is as smart as a whip, though. I can't imagine her having any academic difficulties. From my experience with public schools and IEPs and accommodations, they are all pretty much useless, anyway. You can get all the IEPs and accommodations you want but none of it really benefits the child in any significant way. Ok, off my soapbox about that one. winky.gif

I have, have, have to go to the Exchange today to get Ethan's cammies for Halloween! I have put it off so many times.

#200 of 385 Old 10-20-2012, 10:09 AM

I appreciate your input MW and as usual, you're spot on. Having the diagnosis would only be helpful for early intervention services as mental and cognative delays go along with NS. I'm not even sure about traditional schooling at this point so we should probably just leave well enough alone as the only major medical issue would be increased risk of hemmorage and I would expect that if didn't happen in her previous surgeries, she probably doesn't have that problem.

#201 of 385 Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Well, she certainly doesn't seem to have any mental or cognitive delays. If anything, she seems way ahead to me. However, it seems to me that if she needed an EI for that, you could get it for her regardless of any diagnosis. I could get speech therapy for Kellen without having to have any other diagnosis except for the speech problems.

#202 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 08:49 AM

You're right, if we did pursue early intervention, it's not like she would be denied. Her geneticist stated that it would be easier to get services if we have the diagnosis. I guess it would also be helpful to know if this was an inherited condition to watch out for subsequent children but even that I don't think is reason enough. I/we would not terminate a pregnancy because of that and any subsequent pregnancies that I have will already be under greater scrutiny because of Ava's CHD so it really doesn't matter.

Baby_Cakes, I love the pics from your DD's party! It looks like she had so much fun!

akind1, I can't believe you went to the fair last year w/a 1 week old! You must have been feeling so good! Guess that's one of the big differences between a c-section and a vaginal birth, huh?

AFM, Ava has suddenly decided she likes walking, holding my hands of course. I took her to the playground yesterday and she wanted to walk everywhere. My back and neck were killing me by the end from leaning over! We went and saw her babysitter and the new baby yesterday as well. Ava must really miss her because she kept going over and giving her hugs. She did surprisingly well with me holding the new baby. She tolerated it for about five minutes before she started trying to get in my lap too and I had to give her back to her mama.

#203 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Actually, I was really uncomfortable but I really wanted to go. Recovery from a vaginal delivery with a 4th degree tear was worse than the c section. We just walked really slow and stopped to rest alot.

So, subsequent children??? When will you TTC again?

JJ: how are you?

Carrie: glad Nora's party went well!

#204 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

So, subsequent children??? When will you TTC again?

I don't envision us ever TTC but we will never do anything permanent to prevent subsequent children so it's always a possibility, however remote.

#205 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I don't envision us ever TTC but we will never do anything permanent to prevent subsequent children so it's always a possibility, however remote.

Same here and I'm realizing I may not handle it very well. I'm addicted to hpts. I've been thinking about taking one for the past two days and I don't even think I've Oed yet. lol.gif

Charting without temping isn't working out well so far, but my cycles haven't returned to normal yet. I need to have some patience. I haven't even had one regular cycle. It's hard not knowing when to expect af.gif. I got scared while I was out yesterday thinking I had started because I kept feeling something wet. It was just more CF.

#206 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 PM

MW, I'd probably take a test just cuz. I almost bought some when I went to the DT the other day but held off. If I have them in the house, I'll pee on them. lol.gif

#207 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 PM

Oooh tests!! I'm a poas-aholic! I hear you, just take one.

I too know I'll never ttc again. If it happens, sigh, it'll be ok but I'm not planning anymore!

My best girlfriend had baby H a week ago and omg he's so cute!! I'm getting my newborn snuggles ...and then handing him back to go play with my big kids and I'm so happy with this. Never before have I not had baby lust. Idk!! It's very freeing and I have nothing but pure happiness (no envy) for a baby.

Nora's party was AMAZING!! I'm so partied out!! My house needs a major clean up. That's what tmw is for! She really had fun and we enjoyed the bounce castle! Totally worth it!!

AfM, I realized today that Nora is subtracting, doing math, more than I thought.the coloring book she had had an activity to count the number it showed, and circle that amount of objects. she was able to count to 11, then say "that means I cross out one, to make 10. " I was floored!! She did it a few times with different amounts.

Finn has a cold. Both kids have sniffles!! So much snot!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

#208 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that next baby will be an oops. lol. There WILL be another, but it won't be planned I don't think. More of a... when it happens, it happens. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

JJ: how are you?

Still here! Doing mostly reading from my phone and it's too hard to type a good reply from there, so I wait until I'm on the computer, but then by the time I do-- there's SO much to catch up on that I give up!

Laundry room is so close to done!

Tenley is sick. mid 102's, and sleeping on and off all day. 

I have a doula interview on wed and I am SO not ready. trying to prep stuff tonight (the contract, printouts etc) but it's hard with ten on my arm and lap

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#209 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that next baby will be an oops. lol. There WILL be another, but it won't be planned I don't think. More of a... when it happens, it happens. 

Still here! Doing mostly reading from my phone and it's too hard to type a good reply from there, so I wait until I'm on the computer, but then by the time I do-- there's SO much to catch up on that I give up!

Laundry room is so close to done!

Tenley is sick. mid 102's, and sleeping on and off all day. 

I have a doula interview on wed and I am SO not ready. trying to prep stuff tonight (the contract, printouts etc) but it's hard with ten on my arm and lap

I felt so much like that after Nora, JJ.  I really did.  It's going to get better!  Have faith!

yayyy for an almost done reno!! 

Poor Ten.  Any other symptoms??

EEEK!

#210 of 385 Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

MW, I'd probably take a test just cuz. I almost bought some when I went to the DT the other day but held off. If I have them in the house, I'll pee on them. lol.gif

I know, right? The $T kills me. What reason is there to not poas when they are so cheap? lol.gif

Carrie ~ That's exactly how I feel. I have absolutely no baby lust whatsoever. It feels really good.

JJ ~ I know how that goes. When I don't get email notifications I sometimes get so behind that I'm lost.

Poor Ten so sick. greensad.gif I hope she's better soon.

Tags
Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Parenting

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page