October 2012 Rockstar Mamas - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2012, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ha. I had no baby lust what so ever when I got pregnant with this one. I told DH before I was (or knew I was) pregnant, that I was content to sit this round of babies out (A LOT of our friends are pregnant right now). Evidently my uterus was not so content sitting this round out!

That said, I loved that I didn't have to TTC this one - no stress at all about getting pregnant, just being pregnant! MIL has not said one word about this new baby since we told her. I think she's in denial. And I am enjoying the peace. I mean, sooner or later she wont' be able to ignore it, but for now . . . meh.

JJ: glad you are ok, and hope Tenley soon is her normal healthy self! and hooray for a nearly finished reno.

I am a POAS chicken. maybe because I hate line tests and wait for a digi. DH is working on making his appointment for a vasectomy. so, definitely no more babies for us. I am just bummed about having to deal with AF indefinitely, LOL, if there is no point to cycles when I'm not trying to get pregnant or avoid getting pregnant.  Yall can POAS whenever just to amuse the rest of us, right?

I am so ready for this year to be over and have a break - we are busy non stop until Christmas. This week we have boo at the zoo, 2 birthday parties. Next week is Halloween, the first weekend in November we have a wedding shower to go to, then we are taking Gabe to a Panther/Bronco football game, and we want to do Ren Fest while we are there I think, then it's Gabe's birthday and chrismtas pictures, then Thanksgiving . . . . and gearing up for Christmas. I get tired just thinking about it. I have not even begun to Christmas shop, and don't know what we are getting the kids. sigh.

My mind is now officially blank.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I am a POAS chicken. maybe because I hate line tests and wait for a digi. DH is working on making his appointment for a vasectomy. so, definitely no more babies for us. I am just bummed about having to deal with AF indefinitely, LOL, if there is no point to cycles when I'm not trying to get pregnant or avoid getting pregnant.  Yall can POAS whenever just to amuse the rest of us, right?

I am so ready for this year to be over and have a break - we are busy non stop until Christmas. This week we have boo at the zoo, 2 birthday parties. Next week is Halloween, the first weekend in November we have a wedding shower to go to, then we are taking Gabe to a Panther/Bronco football game, and we want to do Ren Fest while we are there I think, then it's Gabe's birthday and chrismtas pictures, then Thanksgiving . . . . and gearing up for Christmas. I get tired just thinking about it. I have not even begun to Christmas shop, and don't know what we are getting the kids. sigh.

Ok, not for nothing, but my period is a complete NON ISSUE since getting a Diva cup. This thing has completely changed how I feel about my period.  I forget I'm on it (except for cramps the first day, which I just take advil for).  You put it in in the morning, maybe on the first day (heavy days) rinse in 3-4 times a day, but after that you only need to rinse it every 12 hours.  It doesn't leak!!! You can wear it overnight, out of the house, etc.  Rinse it and done.  No worrying about packing pads/tampons, no ruined undies, no mess, no nothing.  I was a tampon user, and always needed a back up pantyliner for leaks.  Plus I HATED how they dried me out, how uncomfortable I felt b/c they would dry me out.  NONE of that anymore.  It's like a fog has been lifted!  I wish I'd started using it YEARS ago.  So.  GET ONE!!  Oh - big plus too is if you know when AF is going to start, you can pop that sucker in the day before and forget about it, and no waking up to a mess!  

And they pop up on shesteals all the time for like 1/2 off!

Wow - you are BUSY!  And is Christmas really that close??  GEEZ! 

I love thanksgiving.

And I feel like this Christmas is going to be super fun.

Baby was on the boob all night!!  Ugh, tired!  Off to refill my coffee mug!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 AM

I started using soft cups the cycle before I got pregnant - I don't mind them, and I kind of like that they are disposable. Though the diva is tempting. You can (though I hadn't tried) have sex with a soft cup in. My AF tends to last a whole week, and that just sucks. I will be happy if it became regular at some point.I haven't had regular periods since before I was on birth control (depo provera) - nothing has been the same since :(

Oh, I love the busyness and the holidays - its a ton of fun! - but after all of this, I am going to be exhausted and ready for a break!

Hooray for more coffee!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Old 10-22-2012, 06:33 AM

IMO the Instead cups and the Diva couldn't be more different.  I know it depends on the woman, but I don't feel it at all, and it just feels so secure.  I like that it isn't disposable.  I like that I can leave the house w/o that thought "Do I have an extra pad/tampon?" or getting caught with a leak somewhere.  Plus I really love that there are no wrappers, nothing to hide in the trash can anywhere, no secret business at all.  It's just what it is!  Mine also usually lasts a full 7 days.  Idk!  I just feel like I don't even have to deal with it anymore!  It's fantastic!

Nora got such great gifts this year.  I'm so glad she's past the age of annoying blinking flashing noisy toys.  LOL.  It was nice this time to get clothes, some jewelry, a beautiful new doll, art supplies.  

OH!  I meant to mention, she's been interested in starting piano lessons.  We just don't have the funds right now (thru her school it's $75 the first month then $55/per month, on TOP of her tuition).  So we were going to ask the grandparents if for her bday/christmas they could contribute to her lessons.  Well.  They gave her a HUGE check for her bday that will more than cover lessons for the year, so we are going to put that in the bank and go ahead and sign her up.  In the thank you card I'm going to mention the lessons so they get some credit and can really appreciate her learning this!  I hope she likes it!  Of course we can stop at any time, but she seems really interested in starting so, why not now??  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-22-2012, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Carrie, that's a great gift! My parents love to contribute to things like that for the grandkids. I think they like doing that more than giving toys.

I wish I could say the same about the Diva Cup. I could not get that thing to not leak. I'm afraid to ever try it again. When we lived in Hawaii I wore it out shopping once. In the middle of a store, dh whispered to me that I had red all over my legs. It was a mess. I could have died! bag.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:50 AM

I have only tried the soft cup so far, bc it was the least $$ to try out. I have friends that like Diva, and others that like the Lunette even better. need to watch out for steals/bargains.

Great gift! I hope Nora LOVES the piano lessons!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Wow, Carrie, that's a great gift! My parents love to contribute to things like that for the grandkids. I think they like doing that more than giving toys.
I wish I could say the same about the Diva Cup. I could not get that thing to not leak. I'm afraid to ever try it again. When we lived in Hawaii I wore it out shopping once. In the middle of a store, dh whispered to me that I had red all over my legs. It was a mess. I could have died! bag.gif

OMG how mortifying! 

It took me a good 2-3 tries to really get it in right.  But that was by the 2nd day.  Idk why it would totally leak that badly!  Yikes!

Quote:

I have only tried the soft cup so far, bc it was the least $$ to try out. I have friends that like Diva, and others that like the Lunette even better. need to watch out for steals/bargains.

Great gift! I hope Nora LOVES the piano lessons!

Def watch for bargains!

AFM - it's chilly out!  love it!  going to take my two sniffle heads on a walk.  Nora asked me to suck her boogers out with the nose frida.  OMG that girl was full of junk!  Finn hates that thing but I def get my $$ worth using it for Nora.  I still use it for him but since he fights it so much, he cries and it makes more drippies.  

If I can get us thru walgreens I need to pick up more cold calm!

Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM

There is another whatever baby! Lyterae is expecting! I think, if I have the facebook person and the MDC person right in my head!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:

There is another whatever baby! Lyterae is expecting! I think, if I have the facebook person and the MDC person right in my head!

Wow! That's so cool!

Baby_Cakes, the piano lessons sound awesome! Especially since she's asking to do them. I like gifts like that too. We have so much crap in our house as it is, we don't need more things!

I've been wanting to try something like the Diva or Luna cup. Maybe after this next cycle.

I love POASing. The excitement of waiting to see what pops up! Usually I'm already pretty certain of the result but the anticipation is still fun!

AFM, Ava has turned in to velcro baby the past few days. She wants nothing to do with DH, she keeps coming and getting in my lap and snuggling. She'll come over and randomly give me a hug. It's crazy! She's also doing really good at telling me when she needs to go potty, even if she has a diaper on. Remember that sign I told you guys about that I said she had made up and I was trying to figure out what it was? It's her version of "bathroom". So whenever she does it, I take her potty. We were over at a friend's house Friday night and they were trying to get their little boy to go potty so they kept saying it and then Ava would sign it. At first I wouldn't take her but then DH said I should and she did go peeps. But then she kept signing it and she wouldn't do anything after that. lol.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 AM

Ava is one smart cookie. That is for sure! I think if POAS more, it would take out the emotional overload that comes with POAS less often - but since I don't, the anticipation of waiting for the result is killer. I am rarely sure of the result. when I POAS with Gabe and Norah, I was probably 85% sure of the result. but that's because I waited unitl at least 12 DPO and had some symptoms. With this baby, I was completely floored by the result. I couldn't stop shaking for a good while after. I was totally convinced that a "surprise" baby couldn't happen to me. yeah, well.

Love the snuggles! enjoy them.

The kids are sleeping so well now! long may it continue! Norah might stir a couple times in the night for a pacifier, but that's it. Gabe generally sleeps through unless he wakes between 5-6 but usually will go back to sleep.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:

The kids are sleeping so well now! long may it continue! Norah might stir a couple times in the night for a pacifier, but that's it. Gabe generally sleeps through unless he wakes between 5-6 but usually will go back to sleep.

Yay for awesome sleep! Ava has been eating every couple of hours again... sleepytime.gif which means I have to get up and pump in the middle of the night. Ugh. Oh well, I know she can go longer w/out milk so I just have to wait for her to get back to that again.

akind1 how many more days until your gender scan?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 10-23-2012, 06:30 PM

15? It's November 8th.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm so excited! What are the names again that you guys are considering? Have you ever felt that you picked the wrong name after you actually saw the baby? I feel that way sometimes about Ava. That if I had waited until I saw her, I probably wouldn't have chosen Ava. Makes me wonder about what to do if we have another one.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:31 PM

I totally think Ava looks like an Ava! You could always change her name. I know someone who did that with her daughter. Her name just didn't feel right, and her daughter got older and agreed, I think around age 4 or 5 and they changed it. Like that!
I was certain about Nora's name. Finn, Idk. I love his name but I still think he could be a Nicholas/Nick. He's soooo not a Logan!! I think having a short list helped, bc the choices were narrowed down and once we saw him, it was obvious what his name was.

Kat, that's not far off :-)! Omg your pg is flying!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM

I could totally see Finn as a Nick! I don't think I'd ever go so far as to change Ava's name, I just don't know that I would have chosen that name after I saw her. But I also can't separate my emotions surrounding her birth and feeling like the Ava that I was pregnant with died. So that is probably factoring in to it as well. I just think sometimes that if I have another, we will probably narrow the name choices down but maybe not select the full name and announce it before the child is born. Who knows, though, I may fall in love with a name like I did with Ava's and there's just really no other choice.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 AM

Names: boy: Theodore Lewis girl: Caroline Lily

We so easily settle on names, it's almost as if they choose us - we've never felt we chose the wrong name. That said, even with our names set, we don't tell hospital staff. We far prefer to file the paperwork ourselves (which drives them crazy).

Carrie: Finn could have definitely been a Nick! I love Nick and Nora, but that might be cheesey.

For myself . . . I love that Katrina has variations, so I could play with it and see what fit me as I got older. I wouldn't choose a different name for myself now - but I tried on a bit when I was younger. DH is Wayne (Jr) and would have been Brandon had his mom had her way. I could see him as either.

Ava . . . Do pronounce it Eh-vah with a long a at the front or Ah-vah with a short a? (I hear it in my head as Eh-vah) And you know, if she feels it doesn't suit her as she gets older, she can change it. I have a friend IRL that's considering that. (She's an Elizabeth, the queen of nick-namable names)

Yes, this pregnancy is going fast! double checked - yup, ultrasound is 2 weeks from tomorrow!

Part of it just how busy this time of year is. We are doing Boo at the Zoo tonight, which I am excited for, but DH is irritating me. We chose to do a Wednesday (you have to buy tickets in advance to get a discount) because he usually isn't working and can be there with us. I am in the office on Weds, but usually am home in plenty of time to get kids ready, etc. He is taking a 5 o'clock appointment, which means, though I want to and plan to be at the gate when it opens (6), he will not be there until AT LEAST 6:15. Kids and momma are not patient people. We are meeting up with friends, and this is just highly inconvienent all around. anyway. I am sure it will work out fine. just bugs me.

And he's been working alot on days I'm home which means I am working and with the kids, and not being the parent I want to be. (not patient or kind  .. . . ) Gabe goes through spurts when he is so sweet with Norah, then he will turn the tables and be aggressive. IDK why, and it's not always in play. (BTW, it's obvious I named her correctly, with emphasis on the NOrah. I don't like saying No alot, but I sure do to her. Michevious little monkey)

I need more coffee.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:55 AM

We pronounce it Eh-vah with a long A. Her babysitter pronounces it Ah-vah because she says it in spanish. Ava calls herself both! Ugh, the zoo thing would drive me bonkers. My DH does stuff like that. I've just started saying that the kids and I or Ava and I are doing X, Y and Z and whatever time and he's welcome to join us when he's available. I got tired of making the kids wait for him. He typically doesn't have good time management.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Names: boy: Theodore Lewis girl: Caroline Lily

We so easily settle on names, it's almost as if they choose us - we've never felt we chose the wrong name. That said, even with our names set, we don't tell hospital staff. We far prefer to file the paperwork ourselves (which drives them crazy).

Carrie: Finn could have definitely been a Nick! I love Nick and Nora, but that might be cheesey.

(BTW, it's obvious I named her correctly, with emphasis on the NOrah. I don't like saying No alot, but I sure do to her. Michevious little monkey)

I need more coffee.

LOVE the name choices!  

re - nick and nora - one of the biggest cons and reasons we didn't love Nick/Nikolas.

re - NOra(h) YES!  I say the SAME THING!!  Our spunky girls keep us on our toes!!!

I also need more coffee.  

Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 AM

I think I will leave his ticket with him. He can join us inside. (because the liklihood of him being there AT 6:15 is slim) - I mean, he's a massage therapist, the appointment is for 60 minutes, plus he has to wait for the client to be ready to leave, and sometimes the client is chatty, and has to take off and replace sheets, etc. I mean - I GET why he'd be late. I also know that if it's a regular customer he hates to say no, and honestly we could use the money. It's just sucky, because we had this planned.

Love that Ava pronounces it both ways! What's her middle name (does she have one?) If this baby is a girl, but I doubt it is, I think I'll call her Lily. Because the way I'd shorten it (Carrie) we already know several of.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Her middle name is Pauline. We like to do family names for middle names. I like Caroline. That was a name we looked at for Ava. DH's grandmother from Italy was Carolina.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Ava is more Ava than Pauline, I think.

The only thing about Norah, is that I can't find her name hardly ever on those pre-printed personalized things. Not even spelled without the H. its frustrating! I can always find Gabriel though. That's something.

I had my coffee and am trying to drink more water. This baby is so active. If this keeps up, I should have no problem losing baby weight, just trying to keep up with 3 such active kids. Maybe when they are a bit older, at least one will take after me and enjoy sitting still with a book. (or eReader).

Old 10-24-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:

The only thing about Norah, is that I can't find her name hardly ever on those pre-printed personalized things. Not even spelled without the H. its frustrating! I can always find Gabriel though. That's something.

See that's something I love about an uncommon name.  It ISN'T printed up on everything so it makes it a little more, idk, exclusive!  My kids names aren't on anything.  If we do it, we order it!  LOL!

I had THE most vivid dream last night that I was pregnant.  It was surreal.  I was poking my belly and the baby was kicking back - my mind must have memories stored in it that I can't connect with during waking hours, b/c I for the life of me cannot remember what it actually feels like.  But in my dream it was so real!!  I was so upset about being pg in the dream.  Not looking fwd to labor, or another child, just accepting it.  I was worried about the birth.  Ugh, I guess it was more of a nightmare!   lol.gif

Got to see my friends newborn again today. So cute!  She is really doing great.  Struggling a bit adjusting to a new baby and a new 2 year old, but I think she is in a good place.  I know hanging out and helping and breaking up the day helps so we are going to get together again tmw.  

Old 10-24-2012, 12:26 PM

Newborn squishiness! See, I see newborns now and freak out. I mean, they are adorable, but I have major concerns about how exactly this 3 with this age gap is going to work. I mean, I know we will figure it out and manage just fine, but the PROCESS. I am not ready. And there isn't a good way to really prepare either. I just hope this baby is like my other two and takes decent breaks between feedings. I really worry about how DH will handle 3 on his own the day I am in the office. Or if we need to find a way to farm a kid out on that day.

I am not much looking forward to labor either. I hope it's not at 41+6 like my other two, and maybe shorter than Norah's. 10 hours wasn't bad. But wouldn't mind a faster labor either. I just need to not tear so badly!

Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM

You had a 4th degree, right?  Have you gone over things in your mind that could have gone differently?  Were you pushing forcibly or being told when to push?  

Old 10-24-2012, 03:12 PM

Forcibly, yes, told when to, but the doula and I told the nurse to shut up. I think the midwife may have had her fingers up there too. Need to ask the doula.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Oh ouch!  I crossed my legs just thinking about that.  Yes, I could def see why you NEED to avoid that next time!!  

What sort of birth are you planning this time?  Same?  (Hospital? Birth Center?  Home?)

10 hours of active labor?

Now I want deets!  

I will start sending my good labor/fast labor juju.  Finn's labor was 3 hours of active and maybe 10 min of pushing.  It was so freaking incredible and easy.  I wish all babies were born as easily and w/o complication.  I realize this is not possible but it was really the picture perfectest labor and I have such fond memories.  I'm torn b/w wanting to do it again, and never wanting another b/c his birth was so perfect, I don't want to risk it going horribly!

PS I'm SO GLAD you're out on FB.  I love seeing your updates!!

MW - how are you?  Not getting updates again?  You should know by now to just CHECK THE THREAD silly!! lol.gif

Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Oh ouch!  I crossed my legs just thinking about that.  Yes, I could def see why you NEED to avoid that next time!!  

What sort of birth are you planning this time?  Same?  (Hospital? Birth Center?  Home?)

10 hours of active labor?

Now I want deets!  

I will start sending my good labor/fast labor juju.  Finn's labor was 3 hours of active and maybe 10 min of pushing.  It was so freaking incredible and easy.  I wish all babies were born as easily and w/o complication.  I realize this is not possible but it was really the picture perfectest labor and I have such fond memories.  I'm torn b/w wanting to do it again, and never wanting another b/c his birth was so perfect, I don't want to risk it going horribly!

PS I'm SO GLAD you're out on FB.  I love seeing your updates!!

MW - how are you?  Not getting updates again?  You should know by now to just CHECK THE THREAD silly!! lol.gif

Ugh. Crossed my legs too. When I think about my birth/postpartum period, I'm far enough away from it now, that I can look objectively and realize how insanely different it would have been, had I not torn, and had such bad SPD pain afterwards. My actual vagina felt fine, and once I remembered the witch hazel and the swelling went down, I felt ok down there. But learning to move with stitches I was terrified to rip out, and still having the SPD pain, was atrocious. Taking away even one of those... it blows my mind how much easier it could have been. 

I'll put my good thoughts in as well. I totally see this being your easy peasy labor. It was super easy to get pregnant, the pregnancy feels like it's kind of flown by, and it's a third baby... I think you could totally do a 6 hour or so labor. 

Mine was 12/5 hours from very first contraction to end, with 2.5 hours of pushing. Ugh. I can think of so much in hindsight I could have done to make it easier. I think a shorter pushing stage would have made a world of difference too. I should have hopped off the bed and squatted for too longer, but I was exhausted and lazy, so I didn't. I should have made Rob hold me up, but it didn't even occur to me. 

Carrie-- I've thought about the idea of being a surrogate after we have a second. I just find so much magic in pregnancy and birth that I honestly can't imagine being done that either. If I'm honest with myself, I could sooner be done "having kids" and not have a second, than I could accept not being pregnant and giving birth again. I -need- to give birth again. 

RE: Names. I still have moments where I'm sad about Tenley's name. I kind of wish I'd fought and gone with Harper. It's ok though, because it's her middle name, so if we decide/she decides, we wouldn't have to change it, it's already there. Everyone says she fits Tenley so well, and I see it, I guess I just still am not in love with the name. DH is though. And when I talk to her, I always call her Tenley Harper, rarely just Tenley so I suppose there's not a big difference.  And I already said if the next is a girl, she'll be Adelyn Grace. Baby Addie. 

Had a doula interview/meeting tonight. My first one in YEARS. I was so nervous, and felt like I kept repeating gibberish, but I think it went alright actually. I connected really well with the mama, the father was understandably a little bit quieter and awkward. They're still very worried about the cost though, so I'm not sure if they'll end up hiring me. 

It is --sooo-- hard to talk as a doula now, without putting my own experience out there. And so many people say not to do that, but it's hard, when I remember things about my own birth that the doula did, or didn't do, or I felt, etc etc, and wanting to share that knowledge with another soon to be mama. I need to step back a bit and keep that to myself. Or at least tell it as if it's just a story from a birth I was at, not my own. 

Kat-- that type of thing with the Zoo, drives me NUTS. DH does the same thing. I'll plan out something, give him an insane amount of details, and then he'll say ok, but he has to... I dunno, drop by his parents to pick up the lawnmower first. (This happened last week). I was like ok, no problem. They live two blocks from us- so I tacked on like 5-10 minutes into our timeline. Well what he MEANT was that he wanted to pick up the lawnmower, mow our lawn, then load it back up and take it back. I was like WHAT? You knew we had something planned!!

On the topic of births and newborns and dealing with toddlerness.... I'm just feeling in the past few weeks that I could do it if we had another now. That's not to say I want another now, or would try for one right now- but if presented with the choice have one now, or not at all, I'd have one now. Even a month ago, that thought still would have terrified me. Also my segueway into, we dtd last night and didn't pull out or use protection or anything. He didn't bother asking until afterwards, and I hate freaking condoms so much, I didn't speak up. Meh. I'm pretty sure I ovulated already anywhere from 3-7 days ago. And my LP have been short anyways (from what I can tell, since I'm not realllly charting, just paying attention to CF and a little bit of o type pain.)

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Gotta be honest, the talk of long labor, long pushing and even tearing makes me jealous for a vaginal birth. Part of my desire to have another child is to be able to have the chance to experience that.

JJ, too exciting! Even if there's not really a chance, it's still exciting! Especially for you guys to be in a different place, you know? I totally remember when that switch occurred. Suddenly your super high needs baby isn't so demanding so the thought of adding another one is not as terrifying.

AFM, supply has dipped and even though it dips every 3 weeks or so, I still freak out every time. Ugh. I don't know how I'm ever going to wean from this pump. It seriously starts making me panic to not see as much milk come out! And that doesn't help my supply either. eyesroll.gif I just have to remind myself that it always comes back once AF is gone.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Gotta be honest, the talk of long labor, long pushing and even tearing makes me jealous for a vaginal birth. Part of my desire to have another child is to be able to have the chance to experience that.

AFM, supply has dipped and even though it dips every 3 weeks or so, I still freak out every time. Ugh. I don't know how I'm ever going to wean from this pump. It seriously starts making me panic to not see as much milk come out! And that doesn't help my supply either. eyesroll.gif I just have to remind myself that it always comes back once AF is gone.

I think I get that. Not the same degree, but that's a lot of it for me. I enjoyed being pregnant and laboring, but I also have this feeling like I didn't do it how I wanted, and I want a chance to do that. 

*hugs* I can't imagine how stressful that must be, seeing every ounce and such a measured gauge on how much milk you have. And just because I don't think we say it enough, you are a freaking rockstar mama, for pumping that long. I thought my SIL was amazing for pumping exclusively for 3 months. You're just... I don't know. You humble me. Seeing how much you go through, and live Trevor from my AP group, and parents like that-- it really reminds me to be grateful for how easy our breastmilk journey has been. Ava is so lucky to have your dedication and persistence. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

*hugs* I can't imagine how stressful that must be, seeing every ounce and such a measured gauge on how much milk you have. And just because I don't think we say it enough, you are a freaking rockstar mama, for pumping that long. I thought my SIL was amazing for pumping exclusively for 3 months. You're just... I don't know. You humble me. Seeing how much you go through, and live Trevor from my AP group, and parents like that-- it really reminds me to be grateful for how easy our breastmilk journey has been. Ava is so lucky to have your dedication and persistence. 

Thanks mama. love.gif It's my normal so it usually doesn't seem like any extra work but when we were all together in Williamsburg, I realized how much of my time is taken pumping, giving Ava bottles or washing bottles and pump parts. And it's gotten easier! It used to take up even MORE of my time!

I think I need to go give MW a nudge over on FB...

Tags
Taking Charge Of Your Fertility The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Control Pregnancy Achievement , Taking Charge Of Your Fertility 10th Anniversary Edition The Definitive Guide To Natural Birth Contr , Parenting
User Tag List