Are you doing anything new with your children in the new year? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkimum View Post

lol.gif  There are some very entertaining titles for this, this year.  Or maybe I'd never ended up subscribed before so I'm noticing them all.

Well done, well done.  clap.gif  

I've almost got my first package ready to send for HH.  Join in!

I've been loving the titles too!

hh2.gif  Help make a family's holiday a little brighter joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

All I could think was, "Oh, I don't think I've ever cleaned a ceiling.  Isn't that where the spiders are supposed to live?"  lol.gif

I love the Holiday Helper roving thread!  We need more crazy thread titles and we need more help!  I know it'll pick up after Thanksgiving though. 

We've got 26 families that need your help to have a happy holiday.  Remember, even if you don't see something in the Master Needs List or the Family In Need threads, you can still post to the I Have Available thread.  Just because it's not on someone's list, doesn't mean they couldn't use it! hh2.gif.  Also you can pair up with other members to donate towards a gift or a gift card for a family or get your church group or homeschool group or play group sponser a family.  There are so many wonderful amazing ways to help out during this season, and trust me when I tell you how wonderful it will make both the family and you feel! 

Our "I Have Available Thread" is very sad and lonely.  :(  Gently used items are very very welcome and needed, so if you have something that your kids have outgrown and it's still in good shape, I'm sure we can find a home for it.  Books you've read and loved, but just don't have room for?  Pet that you've gotten bored with and you want a new one?  Ok, that was just a joke!   But you get the idea!  It's new to someone and could make a big difference.  :)

Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Our "I Have Available Thread" is very sad and lonely.  :(  Gently used items are very very welcome and needed, so if you have something that your kids have outgrown and it's still in good shape, I'm sure we can find a home for it.  Books you've read and loved, but just don't have room for?  Pet that you've gotten bored with and you want a new one?  Ok, that was just a joke!   But you get the idea!  It's new to someone and could make a big difference.  :)

When my DD was born, the best things I got were gently used clothes, books, and toys for neighbors; they were in great shape and I knew they had been kid-and-parent-tested-and-approved! This weekend I was going through my closet, but I know there are some clothes that I just don't wear (like a top that I love, but it just doesn't fit my chest size and no matter how long I leave it hanging in my closet, it's never going to fit my chest size!); anyone else like me? If so, you might have some adult clothing to offer!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

As it's Thanksgiving in the US, it reminds me to say what I am thankful for and I just wanted to say thank you to the families and helpers and everyone involved in Holiday Helper!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping up this thread!

We are hoping to meet all of the children's clothing needs by November 30th; if you have children's clothing or any items to offer, please check the Master Needs List or the Family In Need threads, or post to the I Have Available thread. Every contribution makes a difference and gently used items are most welcome!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif Bump!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Oh, I like this one!  lol.gif  We really should keep a record somewhere of all the "Gotcha" thread titles.  Then I could see ones that I missed! 

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.  If you're wondering about why we love HH, come on over and check out the Thank You thread.  It will melt your heart. 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM

bumping thumb.gif

slingtwin.gifEllie, partner partners.gif (12.2.08), mommy to superhero.gifE (7.5.10) & bouncy.gifbouncy.gif my Baby Belugas H & L (2.25.13)

nursex2.gifcd.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Wondering what to do this weekend? Have a little free time? Check out the Holiday Helper forum!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping this up! bump.gif

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Please check out the Master Needs List; gently used books, clothes, and toys would help us meet lots of families' needs! Or if you'd like to quickly send a gift, a gift card is a great way to contribute? Or perhaps you are feeling creative and would like to make something? There are lots of ways to help spread the joy. Check out the Holiday Helper forum for more details.

And please help by bumping up this thread! Last but not least, suggestion title for the thread are always welcome!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Like shoes? Have some gently used to share? Want to buy shoes for something else? Check out the Footwear Challenge?

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif Bumping up this thread! Spread the joy and help an MDC family this holiday season. hh2.gif

Old 12-08-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Old 12-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Bumping this thread!

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Be an MDC holiday helper! Do you have something that you're not using and another family might be able to use? Post here! Do you like to shop? Perhaps you'd like to get something for a family in need? Check out this list!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 PM

I just have to say that I am so thrilled with the amazing Holiday Helpers out there who have donated to our FINs.love.gif  My kids have come to realize that every time they hear a "Woohoo!" yelled from the other room, that another match between and Holiday Helper and a Family in Need has been made. I have never been happier to open MDC to realize I've got 20 PMs!  So keep 'em coming!  (You can probably tell how excited I am by all the !!!!)  biggrinbounce.gif

Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Also, don't forget that if you don't feel like you have time to pick something out for a family, a gift card is great so they can pick things out themselves.  You can also find a list of all the gift cards families have requested in the Master Needs List. 

Old 12-13-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I just have to say that I am so thrilled with the amazing Holiday Helpers out there who have donated to our FINs.love.gif  My kids have come to realize that every time they hear a "Woohoo!" yelled from the other room, that another match between and Holiday Helper and a Family in Need has been made. I have never been happier to open MDC to realize I've got 20 PMs!  So keep 'em coming!  (You can probably tell how excited I am by all the !!!!)  biggrinbounce.gif

I totally agree! Nothing warms my heart like seeing families helping each other. It's also wonderful to know that some items that I have that I am not able to use (such as clothes that my child has outgrown and a new pair of shoes that don't fit me) will be used and enjoyed by others. love.gif

Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM

I am just wondering if a point will ever come when people who didnt make it on the FIN list will be allowed to request items?? It just seems like so much stuff, or maybe i just need to learn to unsubscribe threads to avoid temptation smile.gif.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here we are View Post

I am just wondering if a point will ever come when people who didnt make it on the FIN list will be allowed to request items?? It just seems like so much stuff, or maybe i just need to learn to unsubscribe threads to avoid temptation smile.gif.

Hi here we are.  The short answer is, no, we only allow the FINs to request items that have been listed.  They have met the guidlines that have been set up for the holiday helper program.  We only have a few facilitators and it can be difficult to keep up with the FIN that we have in the program, let alone open the program up to the whole board.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Bumping this up!

Please check out the Master Needs List; gently used books, clothes, and toys would help us meet lots of families' needs! Or if you'd like to quickly send a gift, a gift card is a great way to contribute? Or perhaps you are feeling creative and would like to make something? There are lots of ways to help spread the joy. Check out the Holiday Helper forum for more details.

And please help by bumping up this thread!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Bumpity, bumpity, bump!  Take a look at this!

Old 12-19-2012, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Spread joy! Help a family this holiday season! heartbeat.gif

Old 12-23-2012, 01:55 PM

bumping this up... its almost christmas!

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM

ROTFLMAO.gif

User Tag List