Mothering Forum banner

Are you doing anything new with your children in the new year?

3K views 65 replies 12 participants last post by  HappyHappyMommy 
#1 ·
joy.gif
Ah ha! You've found it...The ROVING Holiday Helper thread! "
joy.gif

Perhaps you've heard about a little program we have here at MDC called the Holiday Helper Program? Since 2003, MDC members have been reaching out to each other around the holidays to make sure that families in need (FINs), here at MDC, get the chance to celebrate the season as well.

Want to help a Family in Need?

Here are some ways to help:

1. Make a list of what you have available. Gently used toys or books or clothes? Are you willing to go shopping to pick out a special gift for a young child or another mama? Check the "Master Needs List" or the individual family profiles in the Families in Need forum. if you have items to offer that don't appear on the "Master Needs List," please make a post listing the items in the "I Have Available" thread. Items provided may be new or used; gently used items are very welcome as long as they are in good condition.

2. Spread the word about that the Holiday Helper Program. Some ways to do that:

• Post and suggest a title for this thread. Something intriguing, something outrageous, something funny, something that pique your interest and make you open the thread. We will rotate thread thread as we move this thread from forum to forum. We want to generate interest in this thread.

• Bump up this thread.

• Add the Holiday Helper smile to your signature:
    hh2.gif

More information is posted in the Holiday Helper forum; check it out!

rocks.jpg

See less See more
#52 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

I just have to say that I am so thrilled with the amazing Holiday Helpers out there who have donated to our FINs.
love.gif
My kids have come to realize that every time they hear a "Woohoo!" yelled from the other room, that another match between and Holiday Helper and a Family in Need has been made. I have never been happier to open MDC to realize I've got 20 PMs! So keep 'em coming! (You can probably tell how excited I am by all the !!!!)
biggrinbounce.gif
I totally agree! Nothing warms my heart like seeing families helping each other. It's also wonderful to know that some items that I have that I am not able to use (such as clothes that my child has outgrown and a new pair of shoes that don't fit me) will be used and enjoyed by others.
love.gif

#54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by here we are View Post

I am just wondering if a point will ever come when people who didnt make it on the FIN list will be allowed to request items?? It just seems like so much stuff, or maybe i just need to learn to unsubscribe threads to avoid temptation
smile.gif
Hi here we are. The short answer is, no, we only allow the FINs to request items that have been listed. They have met the guidlines that have been set up for the holiday helper program. We only have a few facilitators and it can be difficult to keep up with the FIN that we have in the program, let alone open the program up to the whole board.

#55 ·
Bumping this up!

Please check out the Master Needs List; gently used books, clothes, and toys would help us meet lots of families' needs! Or if you'd like to quickly send a gift, a gift card is a great way to contribute? Or perhaps you are feeling creative and would like to make something? There are lots of ways to help spread the joy. Check out the Holiday Helper forum for more details.

And please help by bumping up this thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.