Missing my grandson - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter in-law has made our life a misery. She has stopped our grandson from seeing us for the last 3 years. My son has been fighting for her to obey the visiting rights judgement from the court for these 3 years. She has taken an AVO out against my son and had him arrested and charged with breaking it even though he lives several hundred miles away from her. My son who has never been in trouble before now has a criminal record because of her. It has cost him  thousands of dolars, mentally he is drained and there is no end in sight . He is about ready to give up. She lied under oath and got away with it. She is a very vindictive woman. She has cut her son off from both sets of grandparents. Is there a way that I can get visiting rights to see my grandson. My husband has been diagnosed with dementia and I would love for him to see his grandson while he still remembers him..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I don't know the answer to your questions, I would try contacting a lawyer and see what they say. 

I believe grandparents rights to visitation only apply if the grandparents have been financially and emotionally supporting the child for a period of length before the child is moved away. But I'm not really sure how it works. 

Can you find a lawyer that will do a free consultation appointment? Does your son have a good lawyer?

Hopefully you will get some other answers :)

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page