January 2013 Rockstar Mamas - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 221 Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Excedrin is actually acetaminophen and aspirin combined with caffeine so that's probably why it works when regular acetaminophen doesn't. I don't like to give Ava acetaminophen either because of the liver issues. I actually don't keep it in the house. Now ibuprofen, oh yeah, that's a different story!

Baby_Cakes, I would so be preggo right now if it was totally up to me. DH is the one saying no. I'm just hoping for an "oops" at this point. I understand his reasoning. He does the evening/bedtime parenting and Ava isn't the easiest to deal with getting to sleep. I'm sure the thought of having two of them to get to bed sends him in to a panic. But my thought is that she's getting better all the time WRT sleeping so who knows how she would be in 9ish months, you know? Or actually like 10-11 months because I would be home for the first part on maternity leave. Meh...maybe he'll come around. He said no to babies before Ava too.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#212 of 221 Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

lol.gif It's kind of sad. I've been thinking about the fact that I'm getting close to the age when I usually start thinking about trying to have another baby but not this time. Dylan is my last. I'm fine with it. I don't want any more babies. I just wish he wasn't growing up so fast.

You're probably seeing wrinkly skin that isn't even there. winky.gif Drinking lots of water is supposed to help the skin stay firm and supple. My skin is becoming actually wrinkly, like old lady wrinkly. My thighs are beginning to look like my mom's.

I like cooked carrots, too. I don't like them sweetened up, though. Sean likes to add sweetener to them when he cooks them but I prefer them plain.

I really can't say I want another, either.  I honestly do not.  But, yes, there is something bittersweet about Finn getting older!  I wish it wasn't going as fast, too. 

I realized today too that when he's hungry and brings me something to open, he says, "Um?" and that's b/c when he takes a bite, we all say, "Yum," to him.  haha!  It's cute!  

He can walk out the front door and down the porch steps alone.  Blows my mind.  He still bolts if I don't get the door shut and locked before I get down there, lol, but he can manage the steps and everything.

he can bring a step stool to where he wants to go and use it.

he's just figuring out how to put a shape piece into the right shaped hole.

I can tell him to put something somewhere and he makes a valiant effort, although sometimes he gets distracted.

He can hold the cat for about 10 seconds.

Today he still only ate bananas, a builder bar, bread, and booty.  Oh, and a bunch of cherry tomatoes.  No matter what I offer, he sneers at it and signs for milk.  Teeth you think?  He's so happy otherwise, just not interested in ANY food.  Sigh.  Idk.  I hope this phase passes quickly.  My MIL stopped by today while he was napping, and I mentioned this to her (it's been maybe 4 or 5 days of this B Food Diet) and she was like, "Oh." and then goes, "How long are you going to nurse him?"  I just shrugged and said, "Til he's done.  Or till I'm done.  Whenever."  "When did Nora wean?" "She was a little past 2.  Yeah, like 25 or so months."  "Oh.  I didn't know she nursed that long."  

then I said, "It's good for him, especially since he's being so picky with food, and it's good for me and my health too.  So as long as we both want to, we'll continue."

Ha. I had to laugh on the inside.

And LOL no my tummy def looks like pizza dough!  Deflated squashy dough.  Finn likes to poke at it and nora calls it my pizza belly.  eyesroll.gif

Blech.  No carrots for me, thanks.  Maybe dipped in hummus but that's about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Excedrin is actually acetaminophen and aspirin combined with caffeine so that's probably why it works when regular acetaminophen doesn't. I don't like to give Ava acetaminophen either because of the liver issues. I actually don't keep it in the house. Now ibuprofen, oh yeah, that's a different story!

Baby_Cakes, I would so be preggo right now if it was totally up to me. DH is the one saying no. I'm just hoping for an "oops" at this point. I understand his reasoning. He does the evening/bedtime parenting and Ava isn't the easiest to deal with getting to sleep. I'm sure the thought of having two of them to get to bed sends him in to a panic. But my thought is that she's getting better all the time WRT sleeping so who knows how she would be in 9ish months, you know? Or actually like 10-11 months because I would be home for the first part on maternity leave. Meh...maybe he'll come around. He said no to babies before Ava too.

Well boo.  It'll be tough at first of course but yes, she'll be older.  I worried so much about Nora's bedtime when I was pg with Finn, remember that?  And it all worked out.  I think it's a non issue.  Go get pregnant.

orngbiggrin.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#213 of 221 Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 AM

It depends on the type of Excedrin. Excedrin Tension Headache is acetemetophin+caffeine, Migraine is a slightly different blend, plain excedrin, etc. With Gabe I had horrible headaches during pregnancy and tylenol wouldn't cut it, but I could take the Tension headache version bc it doesn't contain aspirin or ibuprofen.

Carrie - given time, your stomach may firm up again. It's not going to happen overnight - though it'd be nice! hooray for size 4! jeans. I'll be thrilled to be back in a size 14 LOL, which I think is very possible towards the end of the year. No rush.

More babies! who's actually considering it at some point? JJ? Lauri? AnnieA?

I am glad that this is the last baby, and that I know NOW that's it's my last one. No regrets - I've gotten stunning maternity pictures, and been able to just be very relaxed about it, I think had we decided later that it was the last baby, I might have regrets, looking back, wishing I had done things differently.

Carrots - I don't like them. I will eat them cooked. But I don't like to. I'm not a big juicer either. bleh.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#214 of 221 Old 01-31-2013, 05:31 AM

Yeah I guess we'll see.  It's not like I need it to be perfect, like I said.  And I think a 14 is a great goal, Kat.  You can totally do it!  

Are there more mat pics we can see?  do you have a link?

We had a huge storm tear thru last night and it was so windy and loud it woke finn up at 3.  I tried for over an hour to get him back to sleep but no dice, it was just too loud.  I called chris (thank goodness he's back!) and had him try.  I slept from about 430 til 7.  Coffee is a must today!  I have laryngitis and Nora has a cold and pinkeye.  No school for her tmw.  Finn so far is unscathed but it's only a matter of time!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#215 of 221 Old 01-31-2013, 06:57 PM

I'd just like to go on record as saying that toddlers and jack russells do not mix. The nanny family that I'm with until Friday has two. And Ava hates them. I don't blame her but it's really challenging to be in this house and not keep them locked up. There are some areas to go that they aren't allowed in but of course Ava doesn't want to stay there. :/ I don't want to spend the night away from her but I don't know if I can take too many more days of this.

Ava went in a shoe store for the first time today and she kept walking around saying "Oh wow! Oh wow!" It was very cute!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#216 of 221 Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Can't you just put the dogs somewhere else, then? I love animals but people go before animals in my book. If an animal is bothering a child (or an adult), the animal has to somewhere else. Toddlers and ShiChis don't mix, either. Really, toddlers and any pet don't really mix well. Dylan tries to pet the cat but he gets rough and then the cat scratches him. When we watch Starfire, she jumps all over him and tries to bit his penis. I have to keep a diaper on him and the puppy away at all times. When we go to my friend's house who has a really big lab/golden retriever mix that is about a year old, he gets all in Dylan's face. He's very friendly and just wants to lick him but he's so big and goofy that he knocks Dylan down. I think his size also scares Dylan because he does not like it one bit. My friend puts the dog either outside or in the kennel most of the time when we are there.

I took a bit of a break from my computer yesterday. Well, actually, I kind of took a break from life. I didn't feel well so I stayed in bed with Dylan until after 1 pm. Yes, can you believe it?! He just nursed on and off, ran out of the room to check on his brothers periodically and eventually climbed back in bed with me and took a short nap from about 12-12:40. I got up and moved myself to the couch and just laid there. Dylan did the same. He was perfectly happy as long as he could nurse whenever he wanted. He fussed a lot less than when I'm up trying to do things. lol.gif

Ethan helped get food for everyone else and even changed Dylan's diapers. He didn't fight or fuss or squirm at all when Ethan changed his diapers. Ethan would ask Dylan to come lay down and he would trot on over and assume the position. WTH? Little stinker! eyesroll.gif

Dylan gets big eyes and says, "Whoa!" whenever he sees something that excites him. I like Ava more and more with her bag and now shoe obsession. I love shoes! I just wish I could wear the ones I like.

I just made a lunch date with dh so I guess I should try to get dressed.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#217 of 221 Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Ava went in a shoe store for the first time today and she kept walking around saying "Oh wow! Oh wow!" It was very cute!

That's so cute!! Love her! love.gif

Quote:

I took a bit of a break from my computer yesterday. Well, actually, I kind of took a break from life. I didn't feel well so I stayed in bed with Dylan until after 1 pm. Yes, can you believe it?! He just nursed on and off, ran out of the room to check on his brothers periodically and eventually climbed back in bed with me and took a short nap from about 12-12:40. I got up and moved myself to the couch and just laid there. Dylan did the same. He was perfectly happy as long as he could nurse whenever he wanted. He fussed a lot less than when I'm up trying to do things. lol.gif

Ethan helped get food for everyone else and even changed Dylan's diapers. He didn't fight or fuss or squirm at all when Ethan changed his diapers. Ethan would ask Dylan to come lay down and he would trot on over and assume the position. WTH? Little stinker! eyesroll.gif

Dylan gets big eyes and says, "Whoa!" whenever he sees something that excites him. I like Ava more and more with her bag and now shoe obsession. I love shoes! I just wish I could wear the ones I like.

I just made a lunch date with dh so I guess I should try to get dressed.

That sounds like heaven!!!!  Oh my gosh I wish I had older kiddos to help.  

Finn will drop his jaw, get wide eyed, and draw in his breath when he sees something exciting.  I opened up his bin of cars and he actually put his hands to his face (like home alone style) the other day and I cracked up!!  He's too funny!

He's big on "uh-oh!" too.  It's adorable!

have fun at lunch!

#218 of 221 Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

That sounds like heaven!!!!  Oh my gosh I wish I had older kiddos to help.

It would have been if it hadn't been at least partially because I wasn't feeling well. I ate only a piece of plain toast all day until dh came home and made dinner. When he asked what we did during the day, I said, "Absolutely nothing." hehe

I forgot to mention that Dylan and I took another nap on the couch for a couple of hours from about 5 to 7pm. I was afraid he would be up late but he wasn't. He fell asleep before 11. He was funny. He was nursing, nursing, nursing and flopping around. I said, "Dylan it's time to lay down and go to sleep." He flopped himself upside down in the bed next to my legs so his feet were toward my head and fell asleep like that. I don't think he was upset. He wasn't fussing or anything. shrug.gif

He slept for at least 5 hours, nursed and went right back to sleep. He woke up twice more before we got up but he nursed and quickly went back to sleep rather than squirming and fussing for an hour or more like he had been doing. I guess the disposable diapers were the trick. Now I just need to figure out what to do about my cloth diapers.

I washed them with Dawn and rinsed them over and over for two days. I still couldn't tell if all the soap was out. They came out a lot brighter looking, though.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#219 of 221 Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:

It would have been if it hadn't been at least partially because I wasn't feeling well. I ate only a piece of plain toast all day until dh came home and made dinner. When he asked what we did during the day, I said, "Absolutely nothing." hehe

tha'ts just it tho!  I'm so sick and I would love to just hole up on the couch in the living room with finn drive by nursing.  If only he had someone to look after him like Ethan can do with Dylan.  It's so hard to be on while I'm so sick.  Sigh.  

Like right now Nora is drawing all over windows with window crayons which is usually a supervised activity b/c she can't be trusted not to write all over the place, and finn is staring at the tv watching gabba gabba.  I'm a hot mess!  I get dizzy just walking around.  greensad.gif

I'm probably going to try to get him down for nap soon.  I wish I could sleep with him. 

#220 of 221 Old 02-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Oh man, I need a day on the couch! Does Dylan and Finn get super pissed when you lay down? Ava FREAKS out and shrieks and pulls at me until I sit up. IDK what her deal is but it's super frustrating. 

Anyways, with the dogs, yes there is somewhere to put them but this is technically work for me and the parents are being kind to let me bring Ava. Part of what I'm here getting paid for is so the dogs don't stay locked up in their area so I can't in good faith keep them locked in their room the whole time Ava is up and wandering around. Both she and the dogs did better with each other today but it's still hard to have her here in a house that isn't used to having toddlers around in about 10 years. I had DH come pick her up this afternoon and take her home so I could get a break and so she could spend time with her brothers and sisters. DSD 15 is in a Shakespeare performance at her school tonight so I'm taking the boys I'm watching to see that and then we'll pick Ava up on the way home and bring her with me to sleep. 

I also learned this weekend that toddlers in SUVs are HARD. I'm driving the mom's land cruiser for the weekend so I installed Ava's seat in the middle of the second row so the boys could sit on either side. Getting her in and out of that big truck is a huge PITA. Between putting her in and out of the truck, carrying her everywhere and sleeping like crap, my back is totally locked up. Add in cramps and general back ache from AF starting and I'm pretty much a mess. Oh well. The parents will be home tomorrow and Ava and I will go home. 

#221 of 221 Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Here's the new thread for February: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1373799/february-2013-rockstar-mamas-thread

Carrie ~ If you are that sick, just let things go. It's ok to let the kids watch TV when you are sick. Can your in-laws help you at all?

Dylan doesn't get mad when I lay down but he gets mad when I do anything other than pay attention to him. Even now he's pushing my laptop away and trying to climb on me even though he just nursed like 5 times and dh is right here trying to get him to do something else. I feel like I'm shooing him away but I need a minute to do something other than just sit so he can be on me. Last night after he wouldn't lay down and go to sleep I told him to go lay down with Daddy and moved him over to dh. He actually fell asleep without a fuss. Although, he wasn't cuddled up to dh. He was laying upside down at the bottom of the bed again.

I think I may have been sick because I was Oing. Strange but that's the only thing I can figure. I'm on day 3 of CF dry up after 4 days of ewcf. My lower abnomen, especially on the right side, was very tender on cd15 and I had been having what I would call O pains since cd13, I think. That would put O on cd15, which would be amazing for me!

Anyway, let's move on over to the new thread. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page