I Know a Good Dad When I See One - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sister shared this with me and it put a smile on my face and warmed my heart.

But it also got me thinking about what I would define as characteristics of a good dad. My first thought is active participation in all aspects of their child's life. I think that's important but it's also very broad. This photo just touches on such a special thing showing what this dad willing to do for - and with - his little boy. What things do you see in a man that makes you think he must be a wonderful dad? 

Linking this thread for our Mothering Facebook and Twitter community to offer their input too! love.gif 

The Mothering user name is maintained by Mothering staff.  Any posts/threads created by the Mothering user name may be featured or shared on Facebook, Twitter or other social media. If you have questions regarding the Mothering user name, please contact administrator@mothering.com.

#2 of 5 Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM

How is the difference between mothering and fathering good for children? www.facebook.com/TheDadDifference

#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM

I'm biased but when 6'2" DH lets 2 year old DD put costume jewelry and a toddler sunhat on him then asks her for a cup of tea out of her tiny pink tea set, I think "yeah, that's the kind of dad every little girl should have". What makes me really notice a dad at the playground is seeing the joy between him and his child: not only is he involved but he's loving it. You can tell when there's nowhere a grown man would rather be but chasing his child.
#4 of 5 Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

I'm biased but when 6'2" DH lets 2 year old DD put costume jewelry and a toddler sunhat on him then asks her for a cup of tea out of her tiny pink tea set, I think "yeah, that's the kind of dad every little girl should have". What makes me really notice a dad at the playground is seeing the joy between him and his child: not only is he involved but he's loving it. You can tell when there's nowhere a grown man would rather be but chasing his child.

I totally agree! I think that the main importance in being a good dad, is that you can play with your child and enjoy it! He won't say, "OK just this once" but he will think that it is fun and then when you tell him it is time to go home from the park, he says "Awwww can't we stay just 10 more minutes?" LOL joy.gif

--------------------------------

Cathy

Mother of 2 

Best Rollerblades for Women

#5 of 5 Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 AM

What if Daddy, becames DD's slave?..I think that's a different thing..lol

My DH had work 2 years overseas and when he had his vacation, he has the responsibility over our DD to cope up lost time,. and totally he can't say "No" to our little princess.

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page