wooden swing set frame only - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Anyone know where to get online a wooden swing set frame?

I am thinking I can just buy the frame and then get my own swings to hang on it but I Am yet unable to find the frame only for sale online.

I did find some wooden frame only for porch swings that could work but generally I want a wooden frame swingset and think it would be cheaper for me to buy the frame seperately. Any ideas where to get one?

#2 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but we built a wooden playset this last summer.  We bought the plans online and also got the swings, slides, and tire swing from the same place.  After alot of searching around, we found that their prices were about a low as anything else we could find.  We then bought the lumber at our local lumber yard and built it according to the plans.  It is great and nearly as nice as a large rainbow playsystem for less than a quarter of the price.  We got it done in about two weekends. 

#3 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

thanks! that is a nice one. I am actually looking for just the swing frame at this point. seems simple but maybe people don't make them? all I can find for un adorned swing frames are for porch swing types= but I suppose that could work- not sure.

Dh and I are not handy- dh could probably put together a kit== but y'know I should look into the one you did just in case

#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

your post got me thinking that any swing set I would order online me and dh would have to put together nayway so why not look for a kit to make it cheaper- so I looked up swing set kits and found this

http://www.all4thekids.com/Freestyle-Kit.html

which may be what I am looking for- a simple wooden fram to hang swings of my choice on.

Anyone know where to get non plastic- more fabric (canvas?) type of swing seats?I don't know the terminology for it but a simple sling swing not out of plastic rubber whatever but of canvas type fabric

#5 of 5 Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lightbulb Wooden Swing

Hey There!
For finding a swing made of tough wood like teak or rosewood and can be stored without any issues will be a difficult task but I saw some most Tough swings at http://www.madhurya.com/single-plank-jhula.html
Lots of Love!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page