March 2013 Rockstar Mamas Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's unfortunate that someone is warning you not to continue nursing. I can understand wanting to talk about it if you are having problems, but do it without purposely trying to discourage others.

I keep forgetting to tell you all that I was expecting af.gif today but she hasn't show yet. I used to always get it first thing in the morning. I am only 13dpo so I have another day or two before I need to re-evaluate my chart. No chance of being pg, though. winky.gif

My Ovulation Chart

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#122 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 03:46 PM

Only b/c it can affect your supply tho.  And if I see that happening I can just stop taking it.  Not like an IUD or something that I would need to have removed you know?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#123 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 03:55 PM

Maybe they are just being overly cautious but here's what I saw "The hormones in Seasonale can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. This medication may also slow breast milk production. Do not use if you are breast feeding a baby." That would make me uncomfortable to take. IDK, I also have moral issues with hormonal birth control so I should probably stop weighing in.

Ava is still vomiting. So this round started Thursday night. Ugh. DH called and got more zofran for her and her pedi's office wants to see her tomorrow morning. At 8:30 AM! Gah! I was like "ummm, Ava isn't usually awake at that time?" but the receptionist didn't care. At least it's with her regular pedi.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#124 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

I sure hope Ava is ok.

I would avoid any medication that specifically says do not use. Usually, it just says consult a doctor or pharmacist before taking unless they have actual scientific indications that it could be dangerous.

I don't have moral issues with hormonal bc but I do have healthy and safety issues. But, that's probably hypocritical since I take an antidepressant. redface.gif

Do any of you have Dr. Hale's book or access to his website? I bought the app for my phone so I could use it on the spot at the doctor or pharmacy but it has never worked. Pissed me off because it cost $30.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#125 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Do any of you have Dr. Hale's book or access to his website? I bought the app for my phone so I could use it on the spot at the doctor or pharmacy but it has never worked. Pissed me off because it cost $30.

I don't but I'd be curious to get his opinion on those types of contraceptives. Stinks that your app never worked.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#126 of 188 Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 PM

I'm trying to catch up today and my brain is just fuzzy! First shift back after over a week off. 

Poor Ava :( She can't seem to kick this!

I'm pretty against hormonal BC, but I think if I was feeling like you, I'd considering looking into it too. It's worth some risk and re-evaluating opinions if you feel like the hormonal moodiness etc is ruining your life otherwise. 

*yawn*  Such a busy night tonight at work, and I barely stopped rushing all night. Got home just after midnight, and have been just relaxing and decompressing. It's 1:30am now and I just feel ready to head to bed. Blach. Ten will be up in five hours. My needs naps tomorrow! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#127 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 AM

Oh my yes that is definitely a warning I'd rather look into first.  I do think most of those warnings are for little babies who are ebf, not toddlers who are nursing infrequently, but still, not a decision I am making lightly.  I still need to stew on it and think about.  I mean, another year or so is nothing in the grand scheme of things if I just wait until he is done nursing.

We NEED nicer weather.  We are so cooped up and the kids TV time is out of control.  I'm going to try hard to keep it just to music as much as I can today and tomorrow.  More snow forecasted for today and rain tomorrow.  OMG this mama is going INSANE.  

Chris and I had a rough weekend.  Lots of bickering and not much else.  He did get painting done tho, which is great.  Every step towards moving helps.  Today he flies out to Pittsburgh until tmw night.

Kat - check in if you can!  want to hear how everything is going!  nursing, babys weight, how everyone is feeling, how norah is handling big sisterhood!  eeeek!  love to all!!

I need more coffee. 

Oh and the hamster goes back today.  OMG clearly N is not ready for a small pet.  Sheesh!  Probably the biggest stress of the weekend was the fact she kept opening the cage w/o permission, and w/o us present.  I explained multiple times that with the cats she just can't take the hamster out.  It's not safe.  But.  It really didn't matter, she does what she wants.  She's even telling us that when I was out on Sat at the party, she took Lily out and when she ran away she caught her and put her back in.  Idk if she's telling the truth.  She's starting to tell lies and made up stories and stuff, so Idk what actually happened.  If she really did that, tho, while I'm mad she didn't listen, I'm proud she didn't freak out and open the door and come get Chris or something and lose the hamster.  She handled it on her own.

But I still don't know if it actually happened!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#128 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 AM

Cut Tenley's bangs as they've been disgusting in her eyes and we can't keep clips in. It didn't go so well :/ robs gonna be pissed, even though he told me to do it.

I feel sick to my stomach. Lol poor baby greensad.gif

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#129 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 AM

The only hormonal bc that's ok while nursing is progestin only. It's the estrogen that screws up BF'ing and can pass into mama milk. You may want to ask about the anti depressants too; I've a friend that is on them specifcally for the hormonal fluctuation issues she has and she says they've really helped (they've also helped her lose weight, as she's not stress and emotional eating anymore -  but IDK if that's a trigger for you). she's also on hormonal bc, but she was having the moodiness and anger issues even with that. Obviously, that is not scientific evidence, but it's the best anecdotal stuff I have.

BTW - I am pretty sure any hormonal bc can be written so that you only get periods 4x a year, it's not just seasonale (it's just the only one marketed that way). You just keep taking the active pills and only do placebos one week out of twelve.

I'm not really for caged pets. Unless they can be safely out of a cage too some way, it's just a lot of temptation, and smell . . . I like my pets loose and free. Except for fish. We want to get the kids a fish tank at some point.

As for the lying . . . I would tend to err on the side of believing her, and treating what she says is truth. And acting on whatever she says. It's hard to say at this age if it is something malicious or if she's making up stories just to play pretend and what not, which is harmless usually and nothing bad is meant by it. I think by treating what she's telling you as truth all the time, you are showing you are respecting her, but eventually she will tell you something that has a negative consequence and she'll realize she'd be better off sticking with the truth.

JJ: Tenley's bangs with grow! I feel like I should trim Norah's scraggly bits, but I don't have the heart to.

AFU:  nursing, babys weight, how everyone is feeling, how norah is handling big sisterhood!  eeeek!  love to all!!

Nursing is going well. Theo is the best of both his siblings. He eats like Norah and sleeps like Gabe. He was a quick study, loves to eat, but sleeps for 3-4 hour stretches between, with some wake up alert time during his hour long cluster feeding sessions.

I'll weigh him again today after his first spongebath. Our routine with new ones is once a week baths. I'll get pics.

We are all well. Easiest recovery by far, except for stupid hemroids. I'm getting plenty of sleep, a little sore still down there, but my bleeding has eased up alot already. I don't think I'll have 4 weeks of lochia like I did with the first 2. I'm offically down to pre-pregnancy weight! which is fantastic, and means I'll probably end up a good 5-10 lbs below this when my weight settles. Then I'll focus on actually losing weight once Theo is at least 3 months old. I am grateful for any initial weightloss but I don't try for it.

Norah doesn't interact much with Theo. Gabe does. He is loving having a litle brother. Likes to hold him and try to help me nurse. looks at him when he's awake. Today he picked him up out of the rock n play sleeper when he woke up crying and carried him to me. Scared me a little, but Gabe was so proud of himself for helping, that I couldn't be mad. We are in cloth diapers today bc my disposable stash is running out quickly. I don't mind at all, it's just an adjustment, as I've never really done a newborn in cloth before. Norah I had a ton of disposable diapers, and only did cloth for cuteness :)

Oh - and I'm getting at least 2 out of 3 to nap at one time, and that is awesome. Long may that last.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#130 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM

Holy crap he carried him!  Ha I would have had a conniption inside my head while trying to stay calm on the outside!!  So glad everything seems to be going well.  He's so cute.  So so so cute! 

That's a good point about the innocent type lies.  I'll keep that in mind.

JJ - Uh oh about the bangs. :-(  Are you heartbroken?  Hey I saw your post about your hair...it doesn't look bad but it def isn't what you asked for.  It looks like the base color didn't take or something, and she was just too safe with the highlights.  She did them very fine instead of chunky.  It's an easy fix if you go back in 4-6 weeks for a touch up.

I'm going in for highlights soon.  I'm not handling having grays well at all.  bawling.gif

L - how is Ava doing? How are you doing after the tooth extraction?

AFM I messaged B about M's messages.  They are the two moms who are tandem nursing.  I clued her in to her hard times and she was really helpful, and sent her some support and good links and I think it might help her.  She told me not to worry about her comments about warning me to wean.  She said it's just a very very intense time the first few months/year of tandem and that although she's thinking she's helping me, she doesn't realize how wrong it is to tell any mom to wean.  So.  That was good.  Relief.

No snow yet.  Ha.  GOOD.

#131 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM

I also wanted to say I've skipped periods by doing that with normal pills before, I did it for my wedding/honeymoon even.  These pills are different, I was reading.  They are much lower dose.  Idk.  I'm still reading.  I know the pill KILLS my libido and usually makes me gain weight, so I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

#132 of 188 Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

Cut Tenley's bangs as they've been disgusting in her eyes and we can't keep clips in. It didn't go so well :/ robs gonna be pissed, even though he told me to do it.

I feel sick to my stomach. Lol poor baby greensad.gif

Oh no! Ava's hair was pretty shaggy there for a while and I thought I was going to have to cut it but I hated the process when the big girls were growing out their bangs so I'm trying to avoid cutting bangs at all costs! It will grow though mama. Hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

We are all well. Easiest recovery by far, except for stupid hemroids. I'm getting plenty of sleep, a little sore still down there, but my bleeding has eased up alot already. I don't think I'll have 4 weeks of lochia like I did with the first 2. I'm offically down to pre-pregnancy weight! which is fantastic, and means I'll probably end up a good 5-10 lbs below this when my weight settles. Then I'll focus on actually losing weight once Theo is at least 3 months old. I am grateful for any initial weightloss but I don't try for it.

Norah doesn't interact much with Theo. Gabe does. He is loving having a litle brother. Likes to hold him and try to help me nurse. looks at him when he's awake. Today he picked him up out of the rock n play sleeper when he woke up crying and carried him to me. Scared me a little, but Gabe was so proud of himself for helping, that I couldn't be mad. We are in cloth diapers today bc my disposable stash is running out quickly. I don't mind at all, it's just an adjustment, as I've never really done a newborn in cloth before. Norah I had a ton of disposable diapers, and only did cloth for cuteness :)

Oh - and I'm getting at least 2 out of 3 to nap at one time, and that is awesome. Long may that last.

Glad to hear that things are going so well! I'd totally freak if I had seen Gabe carrying Theo...hahaha! I so hope the communal nap time continues, at least for your sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

L - how is Ava doing? How are you doing after the tooth extraction?

Took her to the dr this morning. She's down 2 lbs. greensad.gif She does not have any extra to spare so now I'm researching ways to get more calories in her. She likes ice cream but doesn't like yogurt so I guess I'm just going to have DH give her ice cream every night after dinner. I already drench her pasta in EVOO, cover everything in butter. She doesn't like PB and I don't think I could get her to eat spoonfuls of coconut oil. Any ideas? Good news is though she hasn't vomited since last night but she has zofran on board.

My mouth feels better. Friday was rough mostly because Ava was so clingy and didn't want anyone else to do anything for her. My mom stayed with her while I went to the dentist and then stuck around to try to help after I got home. Ava would have none of it. She didn't want me laying down in the bed or even laying down on the sofa. She wanted me sitting up on the floor with her or up moving around. It was rough. It gave me a glimpse in to what would happen if I had a second. bigeyes.gif

Quote:

I also wanted to say I've skipped periods by doing that with normal pills before, I did it for my wedding/honeymoon even.  These pills are different, I was reading.  They are much lower dose.  Idk.  I'm still reading.  I know the pill KILLS my libido and usually makes me gain weight, so I'm just not sure what to do anymore.

I would definitely look in to other meds or ways of softening your moods. Hormonal BC killed my libido too and I would hate to go back to that place.

#133 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Here's something on combination oral contraceptives in general. http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~HI8nr1:1
Quote:
After 6 months postpartum, combination contraceptives, including oral tablets, the transdermal patch and vaginal ring, can be used, but progestin-only methods are preferred if breastfeeding will be continued.

Both Seasonale and Seasonique contain ethinyl estradiol (an estrogen) and levonorgestrel (a progestin). They are synthetic, not natural.

Levonorgestrel alone: http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/f?./temp/~fpO6Qn:2

I wouldn't take that long term because it completely disrupts the natural fluctuations of hormones. That's what the Norplant is, which is what I had after I had Ryan and what I think contributed to my fertility problems later. It's not available in the US anymore. Even if you did a withdrawal every 3 months to have a period, your body wouldn't have enough time to start making sufficient levels of estrogen again.

#134 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM

Oh crap neither of those links worked for me.  I'm already feeling totally normal and fine -- AF is almost over, so of course I do.  I think hormonal bcp is just crazy, and I know I don't *want* to be on it, but we all do things we don't want to do...and don't feel is the best/healthiest/etc all the time.  I just have to think about what that means for me.  I have time. I'm not in a rush, like I said.  Maybe it's an option for me after Finn weans.

Chris didn't make it to pittsburgh.  Flight was cancelled while it was on the runway, they came back to the gate and deplaned.  His brother picked him up, he got home super late (early?).  Nora woke up with a fever and I was up with her for about an hour and a half, then Finn woke at 4 am calling MAMA!  MAMA! even tho Chris was in bed with him.  Sigh.  He threw a fit and I couldn't calm him, so i tried nursing him and was faced with a dilemma.

Do you nurse when they are throwing a fit for nursing?  Is that rewarding the tantrum the same way if they want a cookie and they throw a fit, you give them a cookie?  You know what I mean?  I felt like he should ask for it nicely or something.  But he's still too young to get that right?  He wants boob, it's a need, not a want.  Right?  I'm right.  I just need to trust my own instincts.

Right?

Nora's still sick.  Fever but no other symptoms.  She's not herself.  it's sad.  

#135 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM

It's a need, I'd give in as long as he wasn't hurting you, like throwing or hitting, bc those behaviors aren't ok, no matter what.
Poor Nora! Feel better!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#136 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM

whistling.gifenergy.gifkgm,,fin hfjrijbbtjtbjtghnvhbji nmmmg kkkfnn

nora

mom

johbjghf n jn fhdfghgjfjbgnrknt lips.gifmcnwj55747x  bb  cgffgckgu52qgfdyg

#137 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

I agree with Kat.

Those links didn't work for me, either. It said my search had expired. I just googled birth control and breastfeeding, I think. Maybe you could go to that url and type in the search parameters. There was a lot of info on the levonogestrel by itself that I just skimmed. There didn't seem to be any concerns about that and breastfeeding. I don't know if you can get that as a script to take for 3 months or it just comes in 3 week packs. Like I said, my concern would be taking progesterone for an extended period.

Hormones work on a feedback or cyclic system. The body produces the hormone until it reaches a threshold and then stops production. When the level drops to another threshold, the body is triggered to make more. It's slightly different with estrogen and progesterone because they are produced by the maturing egg and then the corpus luteum left from the mature egg, but it's essentially the same concept. Taking progesterone continuously would tell the body to not make estrogen because it would stop egg maturation. I don't think anyone knows what effect how long term estrogen depletion would have. Or, maybe they do. It's called menopause.

#138 of 188 Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:

whistling.gifenergy.gifkgm,,fin hfjrijbbtjtbjtghnvhbji nmmmg kkkfnn

nora

mom

johbjghf n jn fhdfghgjfjbgnrknt lips.gifmcnwj55747x  bb  cgffgckgu52qgfdyg

Haha! Looks like Nora was practicing her typing! winky.gif

#139 of 188 Old 03-20-2013, 04:57 AM

Oh geez this girl!  LOL!  lol.gif

She always gives herself away by writing her name!

Surprised we all slept thru the night last night.   Pleasantly surprised!  Nora has no fever this am.  Fxed this is over?  Idk...we'll see if anyone else gets hit with it.

#140 of 188 Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:

Do you nurse when they are throwing a fit for nursing?  Is that rewarding the tantrum the same way if they want a cookie and they throw a fit, you give them a cookie?  You know what I mean?  I felt like he should ask for it nicely or something.  But he's still too young to get that right?  He wants boob, it's a need, not a want.  Right?  I'm right.  I just need to trust my own instincts.

Right?

I don't here, but that's more a personal issue. I can't nurse her when she's throwing a fit, it makes me so angry and bitter to be nursing and I don't ever want nursing to be a bitter thing for us. So I calm her in other ways and then the second she calms down, I'll pop her on before she starts enough again. But I can't pop her on mid-freakout.  BUT-- like you said-- trust your instincts! Go with what feels right to -you- in that case. 

I don't know what happened, but I woke up yesterday feeling incredibly sore and like I'd been beaten up all over. It progressed throughout the day, and by evening I was in so much pain I felt like I'd been literally beaten and left for dead. Turning my head causes flashes of pain, walking, moving my back at all. Even my toes feel like they're broken. I need two hands to pick up the freaking container of hot chocolate. No idea what it is. Other than feeling a bit hot, I feel fine other than this pain. Poor Ten, I'm so useless. I have a feeling the tv isn't turning off today. I can't even pick her up without having to brace myself and swear under my breath. 

Noras typing is so cute!!  Crossing my fingers for you guys!

#141 of 188 Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

oh man that sounds like a fever or flu.  any other symptoms?  Yikes!  I hope it passes or you figure out what it is!

#142 of 188 Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM

Definitely some kind of flu. Steadily has been getting worse all day, and although I was symptom free earlier, I've since added on nausea, and a fever of almost 102. Slept/passed out on the couch almost all day, and then DH came home and I've been in bed since 4pm. About to go have a bath and then back to bed. 

#143 of 188 Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 PM

Friend of mines little boy has something similar. Per tests, it's flu type b. hope you get feeling better soon!

#144 of 188 Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds awful, JJ. Hope you get better soon!

I got af.gif overnight the day after I expected it. Another relatively short, straight forward cycle for me. smile.gif

Is anyone else charting?

#145 of 188 Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM

I hope you feel better soon JJ!  Flu comes on suddenly.  That's probably what it is.  Bummer.

I am charting!  Going to try to temp this cycle, actually.  AF just ended.  Hooray for normal clear cycles!

#146 of 188 Old 03-21-2013, 06:44 PM

JJ, how are you doing today? Any better?

MW, I have been charting my CF since I got my AF back at 6w PP. I have not resumed temping mostly because I wasn't getting 3 consecutive hrs of sleep but the last two nights, Ava hasn't woken up for a bottle after I come to bed around 1:30 AM so I'm getting about 6 hours of sleep. If she keeps that up, I will start temping again.

AFM, the vomiting returned. I seriously am at a loss for what is going on other than viral. I don't think it's just vomiting for no reason. She was sluggish, irritable and definitely out of sorts and appearing to fight something off. I was concerned that maybe she had a UTI that was causing the vomiting but she doesn't have a fever. The nurse said probably not but I'm still not convinced. Maybe I should buy some of those OTC test strips.

I'm so excited about that Elmo plane I found on CL. One of the buttons doesn't work but I got it for $15 and it retails for $40 so I'm happy with it. And Ava LOVES it. She's been wanting to play outside more so I think she will enjoy having that to ride.

#147 of 188 Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM

I feel like Ava has been throwing up on and off for a month!  Poor girl.  It can't hurt to test her urine.  Nora didn't have a fever with her UTI.  I didn't know it could cause vomiting tho.  Poor duck.  I hope it runs its course and gets the hell out of dodge SOON.

I'm so glad you found that elmo ride on!  Super awesome!!  Glad your weather is getting nicer.  Can't wait for that to happen up here!

JJ - check in!  hope you are feeling at least a little better by now.

kat - baby pics please!!

It's my birthday today.  I think I'll run to the store with the kids and get some stuff tol bake a cake/cupcakes.  That's always fun to do together, and then we get a treat too.  And I'll pick up the few things I need to make chana masala for dinner.  I think I only need an onion and coriander.

I'm kind of bummed about my bday this year, I think i'm just feeling a bit ... old.  I'm not handling my gray hair well and I guess it's just a visual reminder of my own mortality.  Blah.  I'm going to try to ignore my depressing feelings and just be happy I'm here.  

anyone have fun weekend plans?

#148 of 188 Old 03-22-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

AFM, the vomiting returned. I seriously am at a loss for what is going on other than viral. I don't think it's just vomiting for no reason. She was sluggish, irritable and definitely out of sorts and appearing to fight something off. I was concerned that maybe she had a UTI that was causing the vomiting but she doesn't have a fever. The nurse said probably not but I'm still not convinced. Maybe I should buy some of those OTC test strips.

I'm so excited about that Elmo plane I found on CL. One of the buttons doesn't work but I got it for $15 and it retails for $40 so I'm happy with it. And Ava LOVES it. She's been wanting to play outside more so I think she will enjoy having that to ride.

Oh Ava :(  My niece habitually throws up several times a week for no apparent reason, though she does seem sluggish and irritable like you said, and seems to be retaining a bit more weight than would be normal for her body type and diet (they practically eat raw, with small "treats" of pasta and bread type stuff), and she was developing quite a gut. Ash went to see her Dr and they've determined it's actually because she's constipated. EVen though she's pooping, it's always pretty loose, and so the dr said she's almost certain her bowels are full with harder older poop that the new stuff can barely get around. And then basically she's getting so backed up (even though she appears to be pooping regularly), that it's making her body sick with the old waste product and the new stuff having nowhere to go, so she throws up. They're working on some diet changes right now, but I know Ash is so heartbroken watching her obviously is discomfort, and having no quick solution. Not saying that this is what's happening with Ava, but just hugs, because Leni is older and I've seen how hard it has been for Ash, so i can only imagine how stressful it must be for you, with Ava being both younger and having more health concerns. 

That ride on looks fabulous, and she looked so thrilled!!  PS I finally got a chance to go back and watch her running video last night, and Ten came running over, and giggled hysterically throughout the whole video and then made me play it again. 

Quote:

JJ - check in!  hope you are feeling at least a little better by now.

kat - baby pics please!!

It's my birthday today.  I think I'll run to the store with the kids and get some stuff tol bake a cake/cupcakes.  That's always fun to do together, and then we get a treat too.  And I'll pick up the few things I need to make chana masala for dinner.  I think I only need an onion and coriander.

I'm kind of bummed about my bday this year, I think i'm just feeling a bit ... old.  I'm not handling my gray hair well and I guess it's just a visual reminder of my own mortality.  Blah.  I'm going to try to ignore my depressing feelings and just be happy I'm here.  

anyone have fun weekend plans?

Yesterday I felt very marginally better, didn't sleep most of the day, only part of it. Could walk around a bit more, without wanting to cry. I managed to get in the shower which felt sooo nice, and would stay in there all day if the hot water would last. But I was able to find semi-comfortable sitting positions, so at least I could interact with Ten a bit more. On Wednesday I feel like I was barely conscious all day. I'd be lying on the couch in pain, and close my eyes and then realize half hour had passed. It was horrible. So yesterday was better. 

I had another massive fever last night around bed time, and then it finally dropped, and I feel a lot better compared to what i did. I'm still wincing everytime I take a step, but not the shooting i want to die pains like I was having. I'm sitting on the couch relatively pain free, just discomfort, and my mind feels a lot clearer. It's still really painful to do any sudden movements though (with a toddler, haha. good luck i know), and if I've been in one position for a while, then moving for the first few minutes afterwards makes me want to cry. And stretching any muscles/tendons feels horrific (ie pointing my toes).  I was actually thinking about packing her up and putting her in the Boba or stroller and walking very slow laps around the mall to help it work through, and to stop the muscles from seizing up because that's the part that hurts the most, but then I realized I probably couldn't get us both in/out of the car and drive safely, so that ended that. 

ugh so yeah. Still feeling very sick and mopey and sorry for myself. And DH has been working of course, and then he comes home and is like UGH! ALl my hard work cleaning yesterday is ruined (And I'm like what... you tidied... a litttttlllllle bit), but I'm trying to be thankful and not start a fight. Because really what I'm thinking is "Welcome to my life. I clean this shit up everyday and you come home and mess it back up again. You just don't notice how much I do every single freaking day.    Umm anyways so yes, the house is atrocious. He did empty, refill and run the dishwasher yesterday, so that helped. We literally had gross rotting food/plates on the counter, stacked all over the place, it was gross. I can't reach down into the dishwasher-- squats and bending are still the most painful, so yeah, not happening.  But aside from that, I've basically had to let Ten do almost anything she wants, as long as she's not breaking things, so she's been opening all the cupboards and our drawers and pulling -everything- out of her toybox. Normally if I sit down o nthe floor with her and ask her to help clean up, she's really good at cleaning with me- but I can't sit on the floor, so no dice. 

As for weekend plans-- crossing my fingers DH doesn't get this, since he was starting to feel yucky last night. And then I'm assuming I'll be good enough by Sat/Sun to be a bit productive, so planning on inviting one of our mothers over to play with Tenley while we clean the house back to some semblance of livable. Exciting huh?

Happy Birthday Hun!! Baking sounds like a plan. I already like baking with Ten and there's still not much she can do, but she still seems to get a kick out of it.

I hear you on the grey, and I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you, but I found a -huge- patch of it near my bangs when Ten was like 6 months old. I spent like a week staring at them in the mirror everytime I passed something remotely reflective. I was just... shocked. Rob's been going grey for several years, but I don't think I'd considered the possibility of it at all! It's hard to see those visual reminders of being old!! 

#149 of 188 Old 03-22-2013, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Happy birthday, Carrie!

Mine is Monday so I feel you. I have grey hairs and I seem to be getting more every day. I actually don't mind them, though. I think it's kind of cool. I'm weird that way, I guess. I don't have any plans.

Annie ~ I saw your tag on Facebook. I'm not sure if I'll respond. I find it difficult to make long posts on Facebook. I don't know why.

That's concerning about Ava. Does her doctor have any more ideas of what to do?

JJ ~ Keep resting as much as you can.

Nothing else going on.

#150 of 188 Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM

Ava has been throwing up or dealing with diarrhea for a month now. I took her to the pedi this evening to talk about a UTI. I wasn't willing to let her cath Ava toget a sample bebecause she's not running a fever. She gave me a specimen cup and I'm going to attempt a midstream catch in the morning. After we left the doctors office, we went to Whole foods for dinner. Ava ate well and then projectile vomited all over the cafe. I just don't understand. I called her pedi and the on call cardiologist after we got home. Her regular pedi is the in office doc tomorrow so I will take her in with the urine. I'm worried that we are going to head down the GI path and any testing they will need to do is so invasive. But we've got to do something. She's down almost 3 lbs. Something is wrong. But what?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page