April 2013 Rockstar Mamas Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 93 Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Is that different than the social groups? I was just researching this some and it seems like even if we create a closed social group, the content is still visible. "All content in all Social Groups is visible to the public, but only group members may contribute content and participate. For example, only members of the "Minnesota Natural Birthers" group can post in the "Minnesota Natural Birthers" group forum or upload photos to its gallery." I think if we want to take things "offline", we really need to consider a closed or secret group on FB.

Oh, ok. I didn't remember all the details.

We can try a private FB group and keep this one going for now. I find it difficult to follow conversations on FB, though. Things get broken up and posts get missed, especially if the convo gets really long. It seems to me we'd have to start a new conversation for every subject to avoid that and things would get pretty confusing, for me, anyway.

I would prefer a private Yahoo group for something like that. I find it a lot easier to follow ongoing conversations and check on new ones on there.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#92 of 93 Old 04-21-2013, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Oh, ok. I didn't remember all the details.

We can try a private FB group and keep this one going for now. I find it difficult to follow conversations on FB, though. Things get broken up and posts get missed, especially if the convo gets really long. It seems to me we'd have to start a new conversation for every subject to avoid that and things would get pretty confusing, for me, anyway.

I would prefer a private Yahoo group for something like that. I find it a lot easier to follow ongoing conversations and check on new ones on there.

That's so funny because yahoo groups make me want to poke my eyes out. I love my FB groups though. Alright so I created a FB group for us to try out. We'll see how this goes.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#93 of 93 Old 05-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Just popping in to make sure you all saw our Mothers Day Contest. In addition to three Boba baby carriers we're giving a $300 dinner/spa package for one lucky mom. Contest ends in three days! Get the entry info here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1382508/let-mothering-and-boba-pamper-you-this-mothers-day/0_100 thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page