April 2013 Rockstar Mamas Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Rockstar Mamas thread! Our wonderful group of mamas started following each other in the Charting to Avoid thread over in fertility. Eventually we created "The Whatever Ladies!", a safe place for those of us who were not trying to prevent pregnancy, though not actively trying to conceive either. Spread out over a year, we all got pregnant and had our current babes- several whom are over a year old now!

We made the decision to switch to Rockstar Mamas, after a conversation about how each and every one of us was a Rockstar in some way, for living and thriving through the parenting challenges thrown our way every day. Feel free to join us in our thread, but be warned, the conversation moves fast!

Not really rules but something to consider if you join:

1. Need to be chatty

2. Know that we are all vastly different from one another but we've become friends so we respect those differences. We are vaxers and nonvaxers; homeschoolers, unschoolers, public schoolers; run the gamut from vegan to paleo; some of us want more kids, some don't, and some aren't sure...but we all manage to really get along and come together on things we DO agree on.

3. Aren't afraid to ask each other the hard questions or point out the obvious when/if we want advice!

Member List:

Round 1
lyeterae ~ Baby boy born February 2011
annie ~ Baby girl born April 7, 2011
Barefootscientist ~ Baby boy born May 30, 2011
AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/01) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012
Euromama

Round 2
akind1 (due 3/6/13) ~ Baby boy born March 11, 2013

Last month's thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1375653/march-2013-rockstar-mamas-thread

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

April already.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? We had an egg hunt for the kids with a few neighbors on Saturday. The kids had a lot of fun. D got to hunt for eggs for the first time. He was so cute carrying his little basket.

DH and I may have made a huge mistake. We actually dtd Saturday night. yikes.gif I was drunk. lol.gif DH asked if he should use protection. I said, "Eh," with a shrug.gif. So, he didn't! I thought I was only on cd9 and I hadn't had much CF to speak of, maybe a little sticky. But when I went to put the info in my chart yesterday, I saw that it was cd13 and I hadn't tracked CF for several days. I ignored CF yesterday because I figured it was probably leftover semen. Today, though, first thing it was very slippery, clear and shiny like EW. I didn't check for stretch. Does anyone know how long it takes to get semen out? I thought it was only a day.

I'm kind of sure it won't result in anything. I think I usually have about a week of ewcf before I O, so even if it started today, I wouldn't expect to O before Friday. That should be a sufficient amount of time to kill any risk of getting pg (I hope). Wouldn't it be a riot if, after all of that work and anxiety when I was trying to get pg, I get pg by accident now that I'm done? Not really, but sort of.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM

LOL, not really but sort of.

Good, busy, productive weekend. Trying to get back in swing of things. Theo is 3 weeks old. An ounce shy of 10 lbs. growing boy!
Gabe is pretty much potty trained. Hooray!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#4 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

April already.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? We had an egg hunt for the kids with a few neighbors on Saturday. The kids had a lot of fun. D got to hunt for eggs for the first time. He was so cute carrying his little basket.

DH and I may have made a huge mistake. We actually dtd Saturday night. yikes.gif I was drunk. lol.gif DH asked if he should use protection. I said, "Eh," with a shrug.gif. So, he didn't! I thought I was only on cd9 and I hadn't had much CF to speak of, maybe a little sticky. But when I went to put the info in my chart yesterday, I saw that it was cd13 and I hadn't tracked CF for several days. I ignored CF yesterday because I figured it was probably leftover semen. Today, though, first thing it was very slippery, clear and shiny like EW. I didn't check for stretch. Does anyone know how long it takes to get semen out? I thought it was only a day.

I'm kind of sure it won't result in anything. I think I usually have about a week of ewcf before I O, so even if it started today, I wouldn't expect to O before Friday. That should be a sufficient amount of time to kill any risk of getting pg (I hope). Wouldn't it be a riot if, after all of that work and anxiety when I was trying to get pg, I get pg by accident now that I'm done? Not really, but sort of.

OMG! That's crazy! It's probably enough time for any residual sperm to be gone but crazier things have happened. It usually takes 12-24 hrs for any leftover semen to clear out before you start to classify if it's EWCF.

The weekend was good but busy. My sister and her family as well as my dad and stepmom were in town this weekend so we were out at my mom's house a lot. We did Easter stuff Saturday afternoon. Ava was doing a good job hunting eggs until she discovered that there were M&Ms in some of them and then she stopped hunting and just wanted to eat M&Ms. lol.gif I try really hard to correct her speech when she pronounces something wrong but she calls M&Ms "Mmmmmies" and it's just about the cutest thing in the world. She gets so excited when she finds them! She's been eating so much candy the past couple of days and asking for it as soon as she wakes up. She's a bit of a chocolate junky right now.

I took off work a couple of days and it was so nice. I was going to do a bunch of organizing and I did do some but I ended up doing some self-care. Wednesday night, I went to Mothering Circle, which is a collection of moms that get together once a month and talk for a couple of hours. Then we went out for drinks afterward. It was so nice to see my friends and not just interact with them on FB.

Ava is apparently starting to work on her 2nd molars and I'm already tired and it's only been a couple of days. When she was getting her 1st molars, the bad sleep lasted about 6 weeks. I really hope for both of our sakes that it doesn't take as long with these. But thankfully, she hasn't thrown up since last Monday. And I think the reason why she threw up last Monday when she was at the sitter was because she was hot. So we've been working on getting plenty of calories in her. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app last week on my phone and started logging everything she ate. Some days she gets 1000-1300 calories, which is right in line with what a toddler should be taking in but other days, she's only around 700-800 calories. So we're working on it. She's gained back a 1.5 lbs so that's good. She has learned a bunch of words the past couple of days and is doing better about communicating. She's also started telling me she needs to potty and waiting while I take off her diaper if she has a diaper on at home. But we're still not ready to do underwear out of the house.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#5 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM

subbing to follow, but no time to post right now!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 93 Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

It usually takes 12-24 hrs for any leftover semen to clear out before you start to classify if it's EWCF.

Then I might just be screwed, pun intended. We dtd around 1 or 2 am Sunday morning so everything should have been cleared out before today. I definitely had ewcf tonight. My average O day since my cycles started becoming regular is cd17. Sunday was cd14. Now I can't sleep.

Sounds like a nice Easter. I'm glad Ava seems to be doing better. That's wonderful that she has gained so much weight back so quickly.

E is sick with a cold. Oh, I keep forgetting to mention that he was reading my Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids book the other night. He was telling me how to stop from yelling when I get angry. He said I need to do what I tell him to do when he starts to get angry, stop and take a few deep breaths. If I do that, I won't yell and be aggressive, as he said. He also said I need to take 10 minutes to do nothing but breathe and relax.

Another big deal about that besides him telling me how to control my anger was that he was reading an adult book without any trouble. He could read almost all the words and understood what everything meant. This from a kid who was not "taught" to read and who hasn't read any more advanced books that Dr. Seuss and other baby books.

I guess I will knit for a while since I can't sleep.

#7 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 AM

No time towrite yet :subbing

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#8 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

I was thinking about you this morning, lyterae. How are you feeling?

Kat ~ Yay for Gabe being pretty much potty trained. I can't imagine possibly having 3 in diapers. That must be a relief.

Nothing much going on here today. I think it's supposed to be warm so I really should get D out of the house. E and K have dental appointments this afternoon.

Ryan announced last night that he is thinking about applying to be a police officer. I laughed. oops.gif I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it. I think I recovered pretty well, though. I told him I laughed because he's so anti-authority. He said he could work for the sheriff's office and be a guard at the court house. I guess I could see him doing that if they let his possession charge slide. The good thing is that he's thinking about careers and his future. He's getting tired of minimum wage, menial labor jobs. He knows he can do more.

#9 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM

MW: Currently scared and nervous, I've been spotting and cramping all weekend. I know that some of it can be perfectly normal but it's frightening. My midwives here can't help at all so I went ahead and scheduled an OB appt for next week to confirm pregnancy. I need to see an OB to get an ultrasound and blood work close to 20 weeks anyway. I don't want to go in to ER again unless I absolutely have to.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

#10 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 AM

It's exciting to see Ryan thinking about his future! My brother is the same age and was talking to me yesterday about getting married and buying a new vehicle (he wants it to be family friendly).

#11 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post

MW: Currently scared and nervous, I've been spotting and cramping all weekend. I know that some of it can be perfectly normal but it's frightening. My midwives here can't help at all so I went ahead and scheduled an OB appt for next week to confirm pregnancy. I need to see an OB to get an ultrasound and blood work close to 20 weeks anyway. I don't want to go in to ER again unless I absolutely have to.

hug.gif I hope it's nothing. How many weeks are you now?

#12 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:

Sending sticky vibes, mama.  Keep us posted!

Quote:

Ryan announced last night that he is thinking about applying to be a police officer. I laughed. oops.gif I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it. I think I recovered pretty well, though. I told him I laughed because he's so anti-authority. He said he could work for the sheriff's office and be a guard at the court house. I guess I could see him doing that if they let his possession charge slide. The good thing is that he's thinking about careers and his future. He's getting tired of minimum wage, menial labor jobs. He knows he can do more.

I like this!  I think it's funny how it usually ends up this way -- those who are the most anti-authority or actually had trouble w/the law growing up are interested in doing it when they grow up.  Love it.

Uh oh on the DTD! FXed you are safe.  But good for you!  Honestly do you feel any differently toward S now?  I know how much it helps DH and I when we've had a dry spell, it improves our relationship so much.  

We've been trying to either DTD or do something 3X a week and it's really working out.  It's taking effort on both our parts, but it's working.  we are both much happier, b/c he isn't so needy and I'm feeling no pressure.  I like it.  We are in a fantastic place.

still house hunting, mostly doing renovations on our house and just really stressing about getting the most done asap.  I wnat to start packing/going thru stuff and get rid of a lot of crap.  Once the weather gets a little nicer I'm going to try to have a garage sale.  We just have so much crap!  Whatever I can't sell I will donate.  There's just no good place to start.  Have to just dive in.

idk if I agree with FF's crosshairs.  I want one more day of high temps.  DTD is protected.

my chart

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#13 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Just over 6 weeks, the belly is growing and I'm starving so those  are both good signs.

Carrie, I would move O day one more from where they did.

#14 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Just over 6 weeks, the belly is growing and I'm starving so those  are both good signs.

Carrie, I would move O day one more from where they did.

Those are good signs. Spotting during early pg is a lot more common and normal than is thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Uh oh on the DTD! FXed you are safe.  But good for you!  Honestly do you feel any differently toward S now?  I know how much it helps DH and I when we've had a dry spell, it improves our relationship so much.  
We've been trying to either DTD or do something 3X a week and it's really working out.  It's taking effort on both our parts, but it's working.  we are both much happier, b/c he isn't so needy and I'm feeling no pressure.  I like it.  We are in a fantastic place.

I agree with lyterae. I'd put O on cd16 if you have another high temp tomorrow.

That's wonderful that you guys are feeling better toward each other and closer. I don't think dtd made me feel any differently toward my dh. I think my dh changing his attitude made me feel differently toward him and, therefore, made me open to dtd. Or, it could have been the alcohol. lol.gif I'm pretty sure it makes my dh feel better, though. I really should take note that if we dtd every once in a while, he'll do anything else I want without hassle. hehe

And, on that note, I took an opk today. I still have a few left over from before I got pg with D. It was blaringly positive. I usually O not more than 2 days after my first + opk. Since this was the only one I took I don't know if it's the first one I would have gotten but it means I will most likely O sometime between now and Thursday. Thursday would be 5 days from when we dtd. Now I'm going to obsessed about whether or not I'm pg. Ugh!

#15 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:

And, on that note, I took an opk today. I still have a few left over from before I got pg with D. It was blaringly positive. I usually O not more than 2 days after my first + opk. Since this was the only one I took I don't know if it's the first one I would have gotten but it means I will most likely O sometime between now and Thursday. Thursday would be 5 days from when we dtd. Now I'm going to obsessed about whether or not I'm pg. Ugh!

You're probably ok with it being 5 days out. Now 2 or 3 days before O, that's probably cutting it close. Guess you better stock up on tests!

Trying to get stuff done around the house but it's so hard! The weather is beautiful and Ava just wants to be outside all the time. I'm struggling with knowing I need to get stuff done but thinking this is our life. Who cares if there's crap stacked on the counter? How do you guys handle that balance?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#16 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

You're probably ok with it being 5 days out.

That's what I'm hoping. We dtd very early in the morning on Sunday. I never know whether to count that as a PM of the day before or AM of that day. Anyway, I'm now 2 days from that not counting Sunday. O on cd18 would put dtd at O-4. That's not very likely to result in a pg. fingersx.gif

Trying to get stuff done around the house but it's so hard! The weather is beautiful and Ava just wants to be outside all the time. I'm struggling with knowing I need to get stuff done but thinking this is our life. Who cares if there's crap stacked on the counter? How do you guys handle that balance?[/quote]

I leave the mess. I'd much rather relax and have fun than clean. winky.gif

#17 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 PM

If I haven't gone to bed yet, I count it as that night. If it's after I've gone to sleep, then I count it as the next morning. Not scientific, I know.

I tend to lean towards not doing the housework/cleaning but then I always feel this level of stress when we are in the house. So I would feel better if I did some cleaning at least sometimes but I don't want to miss out on a fun adventure with Ava, you know? My method of doing stuff while Ava was napping and right after I got home from work went out the window with this new crop of bad sleep. I need to sleep as much as possible to make up for the lack of sleep throughout the night.

#18 of 93 Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM

What we did a lot of last summer, that seemed to kind of work, is I spend some time doing a really good clean on the house-- and then we make tons of plans so we're not home to mess it up again. lol. But I can imagine that's a lot harder with other kids to mess it up too. We've also got a pretty tiny house, so even when it does get gross, if DH takes Tenley, I can get it totally under control, if not clean, within 30 minutes. That helps. 

I'm with you that I can't relax fully when the house is a mess, so for me, it's worth it to occupy her some other way for a while, until I get the cleaning done, but then yeah, I've got to keep her away from the clean places! lol Or it's all for nothing. But, it's kind of good, because it forces me to make sure we're out doing fun things and not sitting around at home. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#19 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 04:33 AM

What kind of mess?  Grown up stuff like papers, clutter, dishes, etc?  I'm more opt to leave that stuff for when the kids are occupied with DH or with each other, or Finn is napping and Nora's at school.  If it's toys and needing clear space to function, then we do it together as a game and we can usually get it done pretty fast.   We do it first thing (well, after coffee).  Then the house is pretty tidy.  

And my standards are pretty low.  I'm not talking model home here.  Just toys in bins, no crumbs, crap to a minimum.

I can't run errands and then come home to a dump.  that's my thing.  I want to come home to a tidy house.  At least living room.  Dishes can always wait.  winky.gif

Today we are running out to Target to get Finn's Cars Pull ups for our potty training "bootcamp" this weekend!  I put it in quotes b/c I'm not doing actual bootcamp.  Just starting the first phase.  I'm interested to see how this goes.  No pressure on anyone!

Oh I'm going to check cm today, but I think I'm safe!

I had DH and Nora take their temps with my thermometer b/c having the same temp over and over was making me think something was up with my therm. 

My temps are still super low.  Definitely still thinking thyroid.  We just got a new insurance plan/policy so I'm going to get the card from DH and call up the dr to run my bloodwork.  I'm getting a little worried, guys.  I have a handful of symptoms and I'm not looking fwd to being on medication all my life. :-(  Another option is to go gluten free and see if it clears up some of my symptoms.  It feels intimidating, too.  Half my diet is gluten, you know?  Sigh.

Signing up for my doula course today!  Nervous how I'll find the time to read/study.  I can barely get on mdc these days.  Finn is really growing up and demanding a lot more of my attention.

OH!  Huge!  Yesterday we went to the mall and after he woke up from his stroller nap, he wanted OUT.  I decided to let him try to walk.  Guys, he actually held the handle (where we've been practicing) and stayed close!  He didn't just BOLT!  I was basically holding my breath waiting for him to take off, but he didn't!!!  He even wandered over to the rail to look down, then waved to some people, then *walked back to the handle* and kept walking along with me!  I could NOT have been more proud!!!  It could be age, it could be all the practice we've been doing on walks, idk.  Honestly he usually only holds on for about 10 ft at a time on walks, and often darts off into peoples yards, so idk.  but this was great!  He stayed near, we walked to the elevators.  He pushed the button, we got on.  We got out and he held the stroller!  Walked a bit, and to the exit of the mall and he DIDN'T RUN OFF!!!

joy.gif

Please let this be the beginning of him not trying to run away all the time!!  Pleeeease!!  lol.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#20 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 AM

Carrie - What are your potty training plans? We are that point and I'm trying to decide what to do. Ben loves to sit on the potty and will occasionally use it.  My husband is super excited at the prospect of being done with diapers(laundry).

#21 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Well last time I did the 3 day method but felt it was a little too stressful.  I recently read the ebook Oh Crap!  Potty Training and it seems like a much lower pressure method, but still a bit more work than casual training.

My "plan" is to go straight to undies, turn off all phones/computers/etc, no leaving the house, and remind him a million times to tell me when he has to go.  All accidents are quickly cleaned up, and matter of factly state  "Pee goes in the potty,".  Going over my notes from Nora's training, the first day was a mess of poop and pee, by the 2nd day she was able to recognize the urge (but still peed all over mostly) and by the third day she was able to announce she had to go before peeing and we made it to the potty mostly.  This time I'm going to do a reward (sticker or a skittle), but not focus SO MUCH on having it click in 3 days.  It'll take as long as it takes.

Oh also not worrying about nap and night.  Diaper or pull up for those.  I'm thinking pull up since he's usually dry all night and wakes up dry from nap.

If you want the ebook I can email it to you.  Shh.

#22 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Carrie, yay for Finn not running off!

It does look like you are safe. Those temps are kind of low. Did you have symptoms/concerns about possible thyroid problems before or is this something new?

I had at least one more day of ewcf. That puts dtd at O-3, which FF says is low for getting pg. My EDD would be Christmas but it's not going to happen. I will not get pg!

I'm anxious to see what my cf is like today. I have a feeling O was yesterday or possibly the day before, though. I had a huge gob of ewcf on Tuesday with smaller amounts all day long. Yesterday, I had only one spot of ewcf and it was only a little bit. By the time I went to bed, it was sticky.

Do you guys have issues with your pelvis getting very tender right around O? Mine does. It gets so tender that the slightest touch HURTS! I can't even have the kids sit on my lap. It only lasts 2-3 days before and during O and then it's gone. I think that's new for me. I don't remember feeling that way before. Seems strange to me.

#23 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 AM

I would love the ebook! I've been considering scheduling a few days at home to give it a go. 

#24 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Wow, Carrie, yay for Finn not running off!

It does look like you are safe. Those temps are kind of low. Did you have symptoms/concerns about possible thyroid problems before or is this something new?

I had at least one more day of ewcf. That puts dtd at O-3, which FF says is low for getting pg. My EDD would be Christmas but it's not going to happen. I will not get pg!

I'm anxious to see what my cf is like today. I have a feeling O was yesterday or possibly the day before, though. I had a huge gob of ewcf on Tuesday with smaller amounts all day long. Yesterday, I had only one spot of ewcf and it was only a little bit. By the time I went to bed, it was sticky.

Do you guys have issues with your pelvis getting very tender right around O? Mine does. It gets so tender that the slightest touch HURTS! I can't even have the kids sit on my lap. It only lasts 2-3 days before and during O and then it's gone. I think that's new for me. I don't remember feeling that way before. Seems strange to me.

Thanks!  It was super huge!! 

These low temps are what tipped me off a few months ago.  Since then I've noticed other symptoms, but kind of chalked them up to other things (mild depression, hair loss, dry/itchy skin, stubborn weight that won't come off, odd cravings, etc).  

I get very tender around O.  Not that bad, but bad enough sometimes I need to take advil.  

FXed you are safe this cycle!  

Quote:

I would love the ebook! I've been considering scheduling a few days at home to give it a go. 

You can PM me your email here or on FB and I'll send it asap!

#25 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

These low temps are what tipped me off a few months ago.  Since then I've noticed other symptoms, but kind of chalked them up to other things (mild depression, hair loss, dry/itchy skin, stubborn weight that won't come off, odd cravings, etc).  

But not before you had Finn? That's what I was wondering. When was the last time you had a full physical? I wonder if they check thyroid function as part of that.

I am going to try very hard not to obsess over possibly being pg. (Yeah, right. lol.gif) I will not mention it again except to maybe say when I know for sure that I've Oed. I don't want to annoy you all with my obsessing.

#26 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 AM

We are here to obsess with you! LOL.
Carrie: I love the naked training (lyterae too) - its taken longer than I expected to be good all the time. But I've just had too much going on to give it more focus.

Not much exciting going on here. May be attempting my first solo 3 way bedtime tonight. We'll see how the day goes.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#27 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 AM

I agree, totally here to obsess with you ;)

#28 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:

What kind of mess?  Grown up stuff like papers, clutter, dishes, etc?  I'm more opt to leave that stuff for when the kids are occupied with DH or with each other, or Finn is napping and Nora's at school.  If it's toys and needing clear space to function, then we do it together as a game and we can usually get it done pretty fast.   We do it first thing (well, after coffee).  Then the house is pretty tidy.  

And my standards are pretty low.  I'm not talking model home here.  Just toys in bins, no crumbs, crap to a minimum.

I can't run errands and then come home to a dump.  that's my thing.  I want to come home to a tidy house.  At least living room.  Dishes can always wait.  winky.gif

Half my diet is gluten, you know?  Sigh.

Signing up for my doula course today!  Nervous how I'll find the time to read/study.  I can barely get on mdc these days.  Finn is really growing up and demanding a lot more of my attention.

OH!  Huge!  Yesterday we went to the mall and after he woke up from his stroller nap, he wanted OUT.  I decided to let him try to walk.  Guys, he actually held the handle (where we've been practicing) and stayed close!  He didn't just BOLT!  I was basically holding my breath waiting for him to take off, but he didn't!!!  He even wandered over to the rail to look down, then waved to some people, then *walked back to the handle* and kept walking along with me!  I could NOT have been more proud!!!  It could be age, it could be all the practice we've been doing on walks, idk.  Honestly he usually only holds on for about 10 ft at a time on walks, and often darts off into peoples yards, so idk.  but this was great!  He stayed near, we walked to the elevators.  He pushed the button, we got on.  We got out and he held the stroller!  Walked a bit, and to the exit of the mall and he DIDN'T RUN OFF!!!

joy.gif

Please let this be the beginning of him not trying to run away all the time!!  Pleeeease!!  lol.gif

LOL See I'm the opposite! Tenley toys, papers etc... I can deal with those. The dishes and messy kitchen send me into a tailspin though. I -hate- not having clear counters. 

I hear you on the gluten! I'm starting to think more and more that I would benefit from reducing the amount of gluten I eat, but then I'm like... agh. There's so much of it! What will I eat? lol

YAY for doula course! I'm excited FOR you! I had so much fun at mine!

Go Finn!! We've been spending some more time letting Ten walk a bit now that the weather is finally starting to turn, and also since she has rubber boots that fit now. She loves it, but still wanders a bit. She's pretty good though about looking back and catching my eye before wandering off, but still. We did a bunch of errands yesterday, and at Rona they had a kiddy cart, and she got to push her little cart. She thought that was THE BEST thing ever!

Quote:

Well last time I did the 3 day method but felt it was a little too stressful.  I recently read the ebook Oh Crap!  Potty Training and it seems like a much lower pressure method, but still a bit more work than casual training.

My "plan" is to go straight to undies, turn off all phones/computers/etc, no leaving the house, and remind him a million times to tell me when he has to go.  All accidents are quickly cleaned up, and matter of factly state  "Pee goes in the potty,".  Going over my notes from Nora's training, the first day was a mess of poop and pee, by the 2nd day she was able to recognize the urge (but still peed all over mostly) and by the third day she was able to announce she had to go before peeing and we made it to the potty mostly.  This time I'm going to do a reward (sticker or a skittle), but not focus SO MUCH on having it click in 3 days.  It'll take as long as it takes.

Oh also not worrying about nap and night.  Diaper or pull up for those.  I'm thinking pull up since he's usually dry all night and wakes up dry from nap.

If you want the ebook I can email it to you.  Shh.

That sounds like a good plan! I need to do similar with Ten. She's so close, it's all on me that she's not full on the potty now. If we leave her naked, then she rarely has accidents. But DH doesn't like having her naked, so we don't very often. I need to take one of his upcoming tours and just give it those couple days and try to really give her the opportunities. 

Quote:

Not pelvic issues that I've noticed, only when dtd, I notice different times of the month when my cervix is lower, and that's painful. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

We are here to obsess with you! LOL.
Carrie: I love the naked training (lyterae too) - its taken longer than I expected to be good all the time. But I've just had too much going on to give it more focus.

Not much exciting going on here. May be attempting my first solo 3 way bedtime tonight. We'll see how the day goes.

Yes! Obsess away! lol It gives us all a chance to live vicariously!

We officially survived DH's first tour (two days of 7am-7pm and then two nights of 7pm to 7am). We're on day 3 of 4 off now. I think once he gets used to the sleep thing, this is going to be really really nice. During the four days on, it feels like it's lasting forever, and I'm totally in single mom territory, and we were worried the four days off were going to fly by, but they haven't, and I actually feel like we've gotten a lot of good time together. And Ten LOVES having him home. She wakes up in the morning, rolls over and is like "DADA!!!" and gets this sly little grin, and then keeps pointing to him. It's adorable. 

She started saying "water" yesterday. Love it. "waaaaateeeee!" 

Still waiting on the info about that car. :/ She's apparently talking to the dealership/financing people right now and just getting the rest of the info, but made it sound like it might take a couple days... not really sure why. 

#29 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwoten View Post

I hear you on the gluten! I'm starting to think more and more that I would benefit from reducing the amount of gluten I eat, but then I'm like... agh. There's so much of it! What will I eat? lol

The easiest (and most difficult) thing to do is to cut out all breads and processed foods. For carbs, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, potatoes and whole grains.

My problem with doing that is that real, whole foods are so expensive. We can't afford the amount we need to feed all of us all the time. Isn't that sad? The other thing for me is that I have a hard time figuring out what to eat day in and day out. It requires a lot of cooking and prep and I do NOT like spending most of my time in the kitchen. Actually, the fruits and vegies aren't that hard. It's the protein part that gets me. Breakfast and dinner are relatively easy except that I get sick of eggs for breakfast every day. Lunch gets me every time.

#30 of 93 Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 PM

Yay for Finn not bolting! That's great! I think it's probably a combo of him getting older plus all the work you've done to help him understand that it's not safe to bolt.

re: thyroid function. It probably wouldn't hurt to get your levels checked. I've been so bad the past six months about managing my hypothyroid. I need to go get my levels checked and get meds again.

Potty training...Ava has been all about the naked potty training. She does not like to be asked if she needs to go potty. She prefers to just manage it herself. This morning, we were getting ready to go meet friends for lunch and I asked her if she wanted to wear a diaper or her underwear. She chose her underwear this time so this was our first official trip out of the house, RIDING IN THE CAR (EEEEPPPPP!!!!!), without a diaper on. She did great. I tried to put a plastic bag under her in the carseat and she did not like that. Made me take it out. So she stayed dry to the bagel shop, I asked her when we got there if she needed to go and she said no. She stayed dry through lunch and when we were getting ready to leave, I asked her to come to the potty with me. She was still dry so I asked her to sit on the potty and she peed! Then we put on a diaper since she was going to fall asleep in the car. She stayed dry through nap but wore a diaper to the sitter. That was her choice. She's getting very close to being done.

MW, I fully expect you to buy a bazillion tests and start testing in about 5 days. Sheepish.gif

akind1, I love the pictures of all three kids on FB. They look like they are really enjoying Theo.

Lyterae, how's the spotting?

JJ, I hope everything gets settled with the car soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page