Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

world peace would be nice, eh?

#32 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 AM

I want gift certificates to Torrid so I can buy some jeans. I own one pair. My husband probably owns twenty pairs of jeans. :-/
journeymom likes this.

Rock Your Birth Doula Services - Attending births throughout the Denver Metro Area
rockyourbirth@gmail.com
#33 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 AM

I think you can do one thing for your mom on mothers day which is totally unique then all others ideas. You can less down your mom's burden of work and it is the world best gift for loving mom.

#34 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 AM

Time to myself.

As in, not looking after others for a bit.

But that's motherhood isn't it? Mother's day.

And perhaps a massage.

#35 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM

I would love for a relaxing day, a bath by myself (currently my 2 1/2 year old always bathes with me), and maybe a massage. We are expecting another baby in less than 3 weeks so I'm getting tired! Oh and if my husband felt like doing yardwork that would be amazing. :) I love the Ryan Gosling answer! 

dalia likes this.
#36 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by junipersmama View Post

I would love for a relaxing day, a bath by myself (currently my 2 1/2 year old always bathes with me), and maybe a massage. We are expecting another baby in less than 3 weeks so I'm getting tired! Oh and if my husband felt like doing yardwork that would be amazing. smile.gif I love the Ryan Gosling answer! 

I said one night with Ryan Gosling but I can't be held responsible if he comes back for more LOL!!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#37 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

What I really want is for my daughter to wear much less makeup for the day. Or maybe none at all.  She is so beautiful, but I hardly get to see that familiar, beautiful face anymore. 

hug2.gif I'm so dreading the day this happens with my beautiful DD. I remember seeing it happen with my younger cousins, and totally having that old-lady thought of, "Oh man, she's covering up that gorgeous face of hers with all that gunk!" even though I was only in my 20s. 

Let's see, for Mother's Day I want exactly what I'll probably get: breakfast in bed, handmade cards, lots of hugs and kisses, and the freedom to do whatever the heck I want all day. My birthday was just a few weeks ago, so I explicitly ask for no purchased gifts for Mother's Day -- I just like for them to make a bit of a fuss over me, which they're very good at doing. love.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#38 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM

I want my Mother's Day gift three days late; I want to see a healthy heartbeat on the ultrasound at my first prenatal appointment with this pregnancy. smile.gif

My birthday was yesterday, and I got all the stops pulled out already. My husband bought me chocolate, flowers and a cute little owl doll (it's an inside joke, LOL). He let me sleep in late last Saturday, and took me out for TWO birthday dinners. My kids made me breakfast in bed and gave me homemade cards and fresh-picked berries. And next weekend my husband is taking our whole family to my favorite restaurant for lunch. (It's across town, so we were waiting for a day we'll already be over there.) That's enough to cover my birthday and Mother's Day for the next couple of years, LOL!
journeymom likes this.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#39 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

hug2.gif I'm so dreading the day this happens with my beautiful DD. I remember seeing it happen with my younger cousins, and totally having that old-lady thought of, "Oh man, she's covering up that gorgeous face of hers with all that gunk!" even though I was only in my 20s. 

Yeah, the same with my niece. Gorgeous young woman who over-tans and uses too much makeup.  The black hair dye and the brown tan was just -no. My sisters and I kind of mourned this turn in her appearance, but I'm sure she thinks her old aunts are positively dowdy.  It's all good, her generosity and kindness can't be covered with makeup. orngbiggrin.gif

I should say that, while I think it's over much, my daughter does a fine job with her makeup. 

Michelleepotter, that sounds just lovely! Here's to the ultrasound revealing a strong heartbeat. 

Edited because my niece is a woman, not a girl. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#40 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

This:

http://www.kinektdesign.com/product-gear-ring.php

journeymom and simonsmama like this.

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

#41 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Appreciation..acknowledgment..Starbucks.. :)

Single, student mama slingboy.gif to 3 boys jumpers.gif 

homeschool.gif saynovax.gif signcirc1.gif bfinfant.gif femalesling.GIF familybed2.gif h20homebirth.gif 

#42 of 60 Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 PM

I'll be 34 wks pregnant then, and I've ready told dh I want an hour long prenatal massage and a mani-pedi that day, so he's taking dd to the park. He'll probably also get me flowers and a card, and chocolate. If I'm really lucky he will do the dishes and vacuum too! But maybe I'm just getting greedy now wink1.gif

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#43 of 60 Old 05-01-2013, 07:56 PM

OK I've changed my mind. I just want SILENCE. One full day free from the incessant chatter of little munchkin voices.
Storm Bride likes this.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#44 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 AM

A clean house.
#45 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial-mom View Post

A clean house.

Ooooh what a pleasant idea, I would ask for that but I have a better chance of winning the lottery lol. I'm still crossing my fingers for a yard swing

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#46 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm surprised all you mamas are so modest.  For years I too wished for sleep and to not have to do any house work.  I can't say that is REALLY what I want for mother's day.  That stuff should just be expected.  

My real REALLY dreams if money were no object and I could get one thing that would be the most greatest, most fantastic, I would probably pass out, maybe scream, jump up and down, would be a Mercedes GL63.  I can dream can't I? Cost more then my house but I'm definitely worth it. 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2013-mercedes-benz-gl63-amg-gets-the-kids-to-soccer-practice-with-a-twin-turbo-v8/ joy.gif

supermod.gif who isbelly.gifwith #4  has jumpers.gif . Believe in homeschool.gif,bfinfant.gif,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF,h20homebirth.gif,goorganic.jpg,saynovax.gif

#47 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmomof1/1ontheway View Post

I'm surprised all you mamas are so modest.  For years I too wished for sleep and to not have to do any house work.  I can't say that is REALLY what I want for mother's day.  That stuff should just be expected.  

I don't know that I'm exactly modest. I'm not interested in cars, jewelry, fashion or most of the other really expensive stuff people talk about- just not my thing. If money were absolutely no object, I'd probably want a really extensive massage at the local spa - but I'd want the gift card for it on Mother's Day, not the actual massage. I like to spend Mother's Day with the family.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#48 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

That's a lovely car!

Hmmm.  Aside from things that should be a given... I want us to spend a few days on the beach in a really nice house.  And have a lot of experiences: kayaking, science museum, amusement part, nature walks.  Lots of good food. And anything and everything we want from all the gift shops!  lol.gif

And a motherhood ring, special made by some artist. Someone who can artfully put an amethyst and a pearl together. 

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#49 of 60 Old 05-04-2013, 05:55 PM

Okay, since we are getting really honest here let's forget Ryan Gosling. What I want is a trip to some tropical island for a month, a full spa day with food included and NO INTERUPTIONS, and various jewelry items with precious stones. I suppose we can add Ryan Gosling back into the mix as well.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#50 of 60 Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Okay, my DH freaking rocks. As an early mother's day gift, he sent his mom and me out to a fancy dinner last night, then to see the Eifman Ballet perform Rodin, which was astounding. love.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#51 of 60 Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmomof1/1ontheway View Post

My real REALLY dreams if money were no object and I could get one thing that would be the most greatest, most fantastic, I would probably pass out, maybe scream, jump up and down, would be a Mercedes GL63.  I can dream can't I? Cost more then my house but I'm definitely worth it. 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2013-mercedes-benz-gl63-amg-gets-the-kids-to-soccer-practice-with-a-twin-turbo-v8/ joy.gif

Like another poster said, I'm not into cars, jewelry (the only jewelry I wear is my wedding band/engagement ring and my mother's ring), fancy dinners, flowers, etc.  The only big thing I want right now would be a sewing room the size of a double car garage.  But that isn't what I want for Mother's Day.  I've always gotten what I wanted for Mother's Day--a day without the responsibility of children.

Chris--extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping, APing, CLW, homeschooling before any of this was a trend mom to Joy (1/78), Erica (8/80), Angela (9/84), Dylan (2/98)
#52 of 60 Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM

A clean house and some sexy lingerie

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

#53 of 60 Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM

I think I would like to start the day with a morning latte with just my husband, followed by a full day of board and card games with my family.  Then maybe a movie snuggled on the couch together... 

#54 of 60 Old 05-06-2013, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

have a great day with my kids, know that thy had a great day doing things that give them joy...a massage somewhere in the middle of that would be nice, but not likely to happen  this year :-) 

#55 of 60 Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Just popping in to make sure you all saw our Mothers Day Contest. In addition to three Boba baby carriers we're giving a $300 dinner/spa package for one lucky mom. Contest ends in three days! Get the entry info here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1382508/let-mothering-and-boba-pamper-you-this-mothers-day/0_100

#56 of 60 Old 05-09-2013, 07:34 AM

Realistically, a new pair of jeans, a new basal body thermometer, and a copy of The Radical Doula.
In my wildest dreams, a revolution that leads to a more peaceful and equitable world, and for my hair to look like I curled it naturally. :-)

Rock Your Birth Doula Services - Attending births throughout the Denver Metro Area
rockyourbirth@gmail.com
#57 of 60 Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM

I'd love the home to be professionally cleaned, to be taken to dinner, and to get hommade cards.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#58 of 60 Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM

In the real world, i would like a massage and to go out to eat.

In my fantasy world, i would go on a boat ride with my family and visit Catalina Island, i would receive a sapphire necklace, i would go to the most amazing spa in the area and spend a few hours getting pampered and then i would spend the evening with Peter Facinelli (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004906/). Nah, actually, i prefer my DH but dalia made me think about which celebrity i find the most attractive lol.
#59 of 60 Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimordialMind View Post

In the real world, i would like a massage and to go out to eat.

In my fantasy world, i would go on a boat ride with my family and visit Catalina Island, i would receive a sapphire necklace, i would go to the most amazing spa in the area and spend a few hours getting pampered and then i would spend the evening with Peter Facinelli (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004906/). Nah, actually, i prefer my DH but dalia made me think about which celebrity i find the most attractive lol.

LOL. He's yummy!

joy.gif

#60 of 60 Old 05-12-2013, 10:40 PM

I got some flowers, a shopping spree and a wonderful day with my family.

Even though I didn't get Ryan Gosling I'm pretty happy right now. :-)

joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page