We want to create some "Mothering in..." guides as a community resource and need some help from our community members. Like, :Mothering in Santa Fe" for example. What I have in mind is to compile a list of places and activities that are natural family living and attachment parenting friendly for different cities around the US and the world. Based on our analytics for the past six months, these are the cities that bring in the most site visitors:
New York City
We can start with these cities or we can start with the city you live in. Right now I'd like to get everyone's ideas about what would be important to include in such a guide, what info you find to be important for a family new to a city and looking for AP/NFL activities and resources, information, etc. Then we can start threads for individual cities to share info and compile into guides to be published on the site.
Maybe also homeschooling groups and play groups.
Maybe links to calendars of fun family activities, festivals, special days (like free museum days) etc. Or information on things that recur every year (like Renaissance Festival, or Houston's annual Azalea Trail).
Adding on to what PP said:
- Stores selling cloth diapers, natural toys etc
- Consignment sales and used kids stores
- Earth friendly/green living/ organic/family friendly restaurants
- Existing ACTIVE moms groups and playgroups
- Links to blogs run by mothering.com members for that city ( if those moms agree! and if those blogs are not personal but more about the city life/resources).
born on April 3 '10
Married to overworked DH since 2003, happily mama to DD (01/09) and DS (4/12)