Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Mothering and Boba Pamper You This Mother's Day!

10K views 44 replies 34 participants last post by  cynthia mosher 
#1 ·
Is Mothering an important part of your life as a parent? Do you love the Mothering community friendship and support? We want to hear your story! Mothering and Boba have teamed up to offer an AMAZING prize package for one lucky mama to celebrate this Mother's Day in style!! You don't want to miss out on this one!

What You Can Win:

One winner will receive all of the following prizes:

• A $300 value "Mama Pamper Package" including a dinner for two and a spa package at a local restaurant and spa in the area where the winner lives.
  • A $228 value package from Boba including 1 Boba Air, 1 Boba 3G and 1 Boba Wrap.

Yep, that's 5 items total with a total value of over $500!

How to Enter:

Post a reply in this thread on why you love being a Mothering community member. What does Mothering mean to you, what do you cherish the most about Mothering? Add a photo of your family with the word "Mothering" placed in the picture in some way. (e.g. It may be our printed logo, each member of your family holding letters, crafted out of something you have in your household, written in sand on a beach, or in chalk on a sidewalk, etc.) We want to see how creative you get!

Contest Guidelines: Open to all users who've been registered Mothering members for at least 2 weeks. Contest end date: May 10, 2013. Read the full Terms and Conditions of the contest.

A Message from Boba:

The Boba family of products is perfect for anyone who loves to babywear. Here are more details about the three products included in this Mother's Day prize pack:

1. The Boba Air is simple to use, ultra lightweight and ergonomic! The perfect carrier for travelers or any parent on the go - when you're done, just fold, zip & stash.
  2. The Boba Carrier 3G includes more than a dozen features making this carrier truly one of a kind! Ideal for babies and toddlers alike, the Boba Carrier may be converted to a newborn carrier without an infant insert or any additional items and used well into toddlerhood. The ergonomic design, patent-pending foot straps, and multiple adjustments make this carrier the perfect fit for your entire family.
  3. The Boba Wrap is the ideal carrier for babies from birth until around 18 months, free of buckles, straps or snaps! Simply tie the material snug against your body and achieve a perfect fit every time - perfect for beginners and advance babywearers alike.

See less See more
#28 ·
As a single mother that works really hard to support her family mothering is a community where I feel that I can get all the support I need. Sometimes I feel like I want to quit because is so tiring having to do everything by yourself. But through reading postings here I find hope and inspiration. Thank you mothering

#29 ·
I am a huge Mothering fan. My mom read the magazine when I was a little girl and I read the magazines before I was even considering getting pregnant. When I did get pregnant (October 2010) I was super excited to get a subscription to the magazine. I was heart broken when I found out it was no longer being printed. However, I have found the Mothering website and community a lovely alternative. While it will never replace sitting on my couch reading a beautiful magazine it still has it's place. It is so nice to be able to ask a question in the community and have other mothers weigh in on my issues. It has been my saving grace numerous times as a new mom. From breastfeeding questions, birthing options, to cloth diapering systems I am constantly amazed by the information I can access by the click of my mouse.

#30 ·

I have enjoyed mothering because it is a place where many questions can be answered and many opinions can be shared. It is a great resource for families to connect and support one another. It is a place I cherish because it proves to me that I am not alone, that many people are experiencing what I am also. Thank you.

#31 ·
I love being a part of the Mothering community because it is such a valuable resource and connects me to my larger "tribe" of like-minded parents. As a co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth/diaperfree, homebirthing mama, I love being able to access information on everything from what carrier to buy, to suggestions on natural remedies for illness, to advice on pregnancy, birth and parenting issues. I frequently access the archives of discussion boards to peruse the opinions of other mothering members, and I love the articles. As a mother of a 2 and a half year old son and a 4 week old son I love being able to tap into this community whenever I want. It is especially valuable and important in today's world, where we are often so isolated and alone in our mothering journeys.

I had so much fun doing the project for this photo with my older son! We used his artwork and I taught him how to use scissors for the first time to cut out the letters and hang them from our wool diaper drying/artwork hanging line across our living room. I am inspired to create more letters out of his old art and change the message/word on a weekly basis - what a fun way to use those stacks of kid art!

AppleMark

#33 ·

How to express my thoughts on Mothering? It would take much more than a paragraph to explain that while pregnant with my first child I knew how I would give birth to and raise my baby but didn't quite know how many were out there with the same ideas, Mothering gave me that. It would take much more than a paragraph to explain the times I was overcome with worry wondering if I was truly crazy in my parenting as others had said, yet came here and found solace in like minded Mamas, Mothering gave me that. Through articles and the wonderful community on MDC I have not only found my way of life but have learned to embrace it and share with others in hopes that no one feels alone. I'm am thankful beyond what I can express to have found Mothering and how it has empowered me on my parenting and life journey. I am a Natural birthing, breastfeeding,cloth diapering, co-sleeping, Mothering Mama. And oh so proud of it!!!

#34 ·
Being an expectant parent and mother in the world we live in today often means living far from family and from old friends. What I love about Mothering is that it brings together like-minded women who either share philosophies about parenting, or simply take a compassionate view of natural parenting from all over the world. More importantly, the forum creates friendships that help us all cope with the incredible life change involved in having a baby. I have felt supported and gained incredible ideas and nuggets of wisdom from this community that I could not have gotten from anywhere else! Basically it creates what a lot of parenting websites try to create - a true community of friends. Thank you Mothering!

#35 ·

What is Mothering?

An art, a haven, breathe of fresh air, a sigh of relief
Over six years, through four pregnancies, three moves, career changes, endless cloth diapers, hours upon of hours upon years of breastfeeding.
Mothering has been there.
Support. Encouragement. Questions. Answers. Caring.

Community.

From the pain of secondary infertility and "spirited" children to the joy of homebirth and homeschooling, Mothering has allowed me to be "me", no shame, no judgements, just support.

Endless questions. Which cloth diaper is best? Why does my son spit up gallons each feeding? Is my daughter spirited or crazy? Am I nuts because I look forward to labor and birth? Can I really make it as a doula? Is it normal for my son to read encyclopedias at age three? ...Can you pray for me? I need help. I'm nervous. I'm lost. I'm ecstatic. I want to share.

I'm not weird here. I belong.

Watching as members of my 2009 and 2011 Due Date Clubs send prayers, thoughts, cards, money, gifts, and time to those of their due date family with needs. Special giving hearts! Loving care despite the distance and ages and backgrounds and abilities! We are all still friends and keep in touch over years later. True connections! Real friendships!

I have never been a part of another forum like this. And I likely never will be.

Over the years other forums or discussion boards have gathered dust in my browser and have been deleted from my computer bookmarks. Not Mothering. Not this lifeline to sanity.

So mothering to me is more than an active forum, more than a website of balanced information for the natural-minded mom.
It's a lifeline, it's a community.

Mothering is a Family

Mothering has helped me to hold my babies tighter, because, someday, when its time to let them go... to let them fly...to let them soar, I will still hold their hearts.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This picture depicts the best and worst part of mothering: learning to let your children soar. (The kids helped my husband and I clean the driveway then draw the "Mothering" balloons and color them in. They had a great time. The "clouds" are oil spots/irregularities on our driveway.
smile.gif
)

I would LOVE to win this contest. I'm 9 weeks pregannt with Baby #4 and could really use some pampering and another baby carrier!

#36 ·

When we were expecting our first child I felt isolated and curious about things like home birthing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, cloth diapering and so many things. I had ideas about how I wanted to parent, but I didn't have people around me who practiced these things to lean on for support and information.

I found a Mothering magazine at our library - and soon after this online community. I found the information I was looking for in articles and blog posts. I gained confidence reading the experiences of others. I found so many new ideas I hadn't considered. I have been inspired by leaders, blogers and activists featured here. I had due date clubs to belong to - and I also found a thriving community of TWO mom families like ours!!!

I cherish the information and ideas I have gained by reading the articles, blogs and threads here on Mothering. There are key articles that have deeply shaped me as a mother. I also cherish the relationships I have made here. Having a community of queer parents means our unique challenges and joys are understood and shared. It is more than a forum to me. We go through TTC, pregnancies (as gestational and non-gestational partners), births, and watch each other's children grow. We mourn each other's losses and challenges. We celebrate joys together. We educate one another about everything from charting, to twin carries, and co-sleeping with triplets :) Resources are shared across borders - tests, diapers, wraps, etc... It has been incredible to belong to.

I have found what I needed here and so much more. I'm so grateful this place exists.

#38 ·
Whenever I google a question about parenting the most useful link nearly always ends up being from the mothering forums.

I have found such a wealth of information here I rarely feel the need to post to ask my own questions. I find the discussions useful at hashing out important issues, and so many members are well researched and following links to studies they provide adds that much more to the information I get.

Mothering is my go-to source for information related to pregnancy and parenting.

#40 ·

I hope this is allowed, I read on the rules that theres no limit to entries...

I love being a member of mothering because I fit in here! It's a total rarity to find such knowledgable women who think like me lol!!!! Its saying alot, because moms need each other. Whether it be face to face or screen to screen, because ultimately it is heart to heart. I cant even count the times I've found the support I needed here, or the community I needed here, or the answeres I needed here. From conception to birth, from breastfeeding to supplementing, vaccines to the diseases they (supposedly) "prevent", homepathics to natural supplements, cloth diapers to baby wearing, the list goes on and on! There is never a lack of information, knowledge, wisdom, application, experience, or expertise here on mothering.Everything that I hold dear, is here. It's certainly a diamond in the rough. I really dig the daily subscription emails too.

#41 ·
AppleMark

Mothering has been there for me since before the internet, and before I ever had children.

Mothering taught me what kind of mama I wanted to be ever since I was a little girl, reading the magazine at my auntie's house as she nursed her babies and held them close.

Mothering is where I go for support, and resources, and community.

When we were looking for a community of AP queer parents, I came here. When we were dealing with infertility, I came here. When we were finally pregnant, I came here. When birth was imminent, I camped out here. When my babies were born, I came here. When I struggled with breastfeeding, I came here. Now that we are homeschooling, I'm here for that too. I have friends here, and confidants. I am a better mother, thanks to Mothering. I am the mother I've always wanted to be!

ps. This photo hangs in our kitchen, above the table where we spend so much time, learning, cooking, crafting, talking. I love it. It's of my partner and my kids, last year in Mal Pais, Costa Rica. We love traveling and being together, and sharing the world with our kids. The drawings were done by my 4yo, of our family. I'm the one with glasses. And the baby has a frown because he's been sick. The figures were the decorations on my DP's birthday cake recently.

#42 ·
What does Mothering mean to me?

I happened to stumble onto Mothering.com a few years ago as I was researching answers to some of my natural parenting questions. I spent time reading reviews on everything from baby carriers to birth pools. I read and cried over beautiful birth stories. I used Mothering magazine as a guide to help pick out cloth diapers as a new mom. I asked questions about birth practices and found thoughtful and educated answers here.

I had always thought I was somewhat of an anomaly as a new mom here in my area. With my first baby, I didn't think it was possible to spoil a newborn, and I fell hard into attachment parenting. Babywearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, natural birth, and extended breastfeeding were not overtly common where I live. I was so pleasantly surprised to find like minded mamas here on MDC who were just as passionate about these things. I was also impressed with the correct spelling and grammar usage of the other members!
smile.gif

I've always been able to find support and give support here. From an unwanted induction-turned-cesarean, a natural hospital VBAC, two miscarriages, a life-threatening obstetric hemorrhage, and now a home water birth, I've experienced much on my mothering journey. There is always someone out there in this wonderful community that can understand what I'm going through and where I've been.

At the beginning of my most recent pregnancy last summer, I navigated my way through the site and bumped into the March 2013 due date club. Oh my goodness, what a treasure! How can I even begin to describe how incredibly amazing this group had been? It was such a vibrant community of intelligent, strong, and caring women. I found myself checking the forum multiple times a day, always excited to read the hilarious stories, be challenged by the questions asked, send out a little encouragement, and genuinely get to know these other moms. Even though we had never met face-to-face, we developed such deep bonds with each other. So much love and support was shared and true friendships were made. I honestly believe some of these friendships will be life-long!

Several months ago, our due date club participated in a birth bead swap. When I opened my package and saw the beads and read the handwritten notes, I just began sobbing at the incredible thoughtfulness of these women I have come to love. I wore my beautiful birth bead necklace throughout my entire labor (of my home water VBAC rainbow baby!) and was strengthened as I remembered my fellow moms. We were all in this journey together!

I am over the moon excited about meeting one due date club friend for a playdate tomorrow. She lives three hours away, and we planned to meet several months ago, but the early arrival of her baby changed our plans! I am eagerly anticipating officially meeting someone that I feel so close to already. Her children are the same ages as mine, and we have had similar challenges and triumphs on our mothering journeys. I am so blessed to consider her a friend.

Now, as we have all had our babies, our due date club members are continuing to encourage one another as we struggle with breastfeeding, sleep deprivation, and postpartum health. We share photos and stories of our beautiful babies, rejoicing with one another at the privilege it is to mother these little ones!

Thank you, Mothering, for introducing me to some of my best friends, building my confidence, and helping me become a better mom.

------------------------------------------------
This photo was taken last month when my baby was 3 days old. I love how my "big" kids welcomed their baby sister into the family like she had always been there and that to them breastfeeding was totally normal and no big deal! (p.s. I did all the photo editing one handed while breastfeeding! LOL).

#43 ·
I have been a member for years and have always appreciated the mothering site as a wonderful resource. I have found the women on here helpful and kind.

This site had been a wonderful resource as the kids have grown. I've found my midwife through this site. I met some wonderful women on a DDC.

I sure could use some pampering. As of today my daughter is 11 weeks old. On Monday she hits another milestone, 11 weeks at children's hospital in Seattle. She had surgery when she was 3 days old and again at 9 days. I have been here with her next to her bed. I am happy that she was born at home with no signs of any problems. In fact, the ER doctor told us she would have been sent home had she been born in a hospital. We had a few days to be together as a family.

Through all of this, my DDC had been wonderful and supportive. The group sent me a care package and lovely notes and letters. The DDC really helped me through the low points of this stay.

#45 ·
Thank you all for your wonderful entries! Each and every one was poignant and touching, conveying the community love for Mothering that you all hold. Thank you.

Our editorial and management team reviewed all the entries. It was so difficult to choose a single winner! But I am pleased to announce that the winner of our Mothering Boba Mother's Day contest is Kalishanti! This is her fabulous entry!

Quote:

What is Mothering?

An art, a haven, breathe of fresh air, a sigh of relief
Over six years, through four pregnancies, three moves, career changes, endless cloth diapers, hours upon of hours upon years of breastfeeding.
Mothering has been there.
Support. Encouragement. Questions. Answers. Caring.

Community.

From the pain of secondary infertility and "spirited" children to the joy of homebirth and homeschooling, Mothering has allowed me to be "me", no shame, no judgements, just support.

Endless questions. Which cloth diaper is best? Why does my son spit up gallons each feeding? Is my daughter spirited or crazy? Am I nuts because I look forward to labor and birth? Can I really make it as a doula? Is it normal for my son to read encyclopedias at age three? ...Can you pray for me? I need help. I'm nervous. I'm lost. I'm ecstatic. I want to share.

I'm not weird here. I belong.

Watching as members of my 2009 and 2011 Due Date Clubs send prayers, thoughts, cards, money, gifts, and time to those of their due date family with needs. Special giving hearts! Loving care despite the distance and ages and backgrounds and abilities! We are all still friends and keep in touch over years later. True connections! Real friendships!

I have never been a part of another forum like this. And I likely never will be.

Over the years other forums or discussion boards have gathered dust in my browser and have been deleted from my computer bookmarks. Not Mothering. Not this lifeline to sanity.

So mothering to me is more than an active forum, more than a website of balanced information for the natural-minded mom.
It's a lifeline, it's a community.

Mothering is a Family Mothering has helped me to hold my babies tighter, because, someday, when its time to let them go... to let them fly...to let them soar, I will still hold their hearts.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This picture depicts the best and worst part of mothering: learning to let your children soar. (The kids helped my husband and I clean the driveway then draw the "Mothering" balloons and color them in. They had a great time. The "clouds" are oil spots/irregularities on our driveway.
smile.gif
)

I would LOVE to win this contest. I'm 9 weeks pregannt with Baby #4 and could really use some pampering and another baby carrier!
Thank you all, once again.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.