What Summer Products Do You Love? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

With the start of the summer season kicking off this weekend many of us are thinking about what we need to make summer play a success.

SHARE YOUR FAVE SUMMER PRODUCTS (post a link if you can) and I will include them in a fun summer guide.

Ideas include

safe sunscreens and bug dope

outdoor/swimming/camping gear

toys/games for the yard and road trips

summer clothes

easy healthy snacks and drinks etc. 

Thanks for your help!

#2 of 6 Old 05-24-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

OK, I'll start. 

Here are a few eco summer products I can't seem to live without. 

S'well Water Bottle: the best I have ever had. Keeps cold drinks cold and insulates warm drinks seemingly forever. Easy to clean and super eco friendly. 

Dolphin Organics Sunscreen--most sunscreens contain a ton of toxins but not this one--it's perfect for kids.

Badger Balm Bug Dope--we don't need this so much on the Oregon Coast where we live now, but I lived in MN my whole life and the mosquitoes there are insane. This really worked well and is completely natural so I could use on the kids. Love it!

Anyone else??

#3 of 6 Old 05-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We love Badger sunscreen and cute fun sun hats!  Melanie Mayo I'll have to try the Badger bug dope thumb.gif

Yoga loving momma to DD, Eden Raine 8/04 , DS Brett Edwin 2/08, DS Brantley Albert 12/12 and wife for more than a decade to Jason 
~Living to preserve Gods green earth~

#4 of 6 Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Yes! Sun hats are a lot of fun--my daughter really digs them. I love picking up unique ones at local summer markets. 

Anyone else have products you use a lot in the summer? Water bottles or snacks, skin care, kids toys, travel gear, beach gear etc? 

#5 of 6 Old 05-30-2013, 10:25 AM

I just made some bug spray with my little girl the other night when she really noticed the bugs starting to bite.  I just took a mini spray bottle, added a fresh sprig of rosemary, 10 drops tea tree oil, 10 drops patchouli, 10 drops eucalyptus & 10 drops lavender.  Filled with water and shook really good.....works great so far, have been keeping it in the fridge.  And we live in New Orleans, so it is certainly buggy, we'll see.

I know I find myself shopping for lightweight long sleeve shirts for myself this time of year, I am fair skinned and hate the feeling of the sun sizzling on my light skin.

I love the Tervis cups for keeping drinks nice and ice cold.

Fun sunglasses are a must.  I look for them @ forever 21, target walgreens.

Cute swimsuits for tall women of my stature are hard to find, especially when you like one pieces.  I look for vintage ones, they always seem to fit me better.

I am all about flip flops, actually year round.  I like the Teva's and Reef.

Sundresses all. summer. long.  I like the one's from old navy.

That's my summer list.  I am going to look into other's reccomendations, thanks this is great :)

#6 of 6 Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Crocs. The whole family lives in them in the summer. They are great for the splash pad, easy on/off, cool, comfy and super easy to clean. The other day, they were caked in mud since one playground was muddy but by the time my 2 year old and I walked through the (big) park to the other playstructure, they were practically spotless!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page