child abuse - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my son was a victim of child abuse by his father, he's only 2 months old, this is a very trying time in my life. i put the full story here https://www.change.org/petitions/justice-for-baby-domenic-fight-for-mother-to-have-full-custody-state-attorney-must-press-charges
#2 of 4 Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

i'm looking for people in a similar situation, needing someone who understands.
#3 of 4 Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

^^^
#4 of 4 Old 06-29-2013, 02:28 PM

My husband is 100% disabled veteran, with PTSD.  He has anger issues, self-control issues, etc.  He has never hurt our kids.  Never.  My heart breaks for your family.  If he is being seen at the VA, tell his doctors what happened.  If he's NOT being seen by the doctors... then is he in jail?  Contact your local VA, ask for a case manager or social worker, and for resources in your area for veterans.  If he's not willing to cooperate, you need to get away to a safe house or something of that sort.  Come to think of it, that's what I'd do anyway, since you're afraid of him.  The VA will likely also have resources for you.  Some are more helpful than others - smaller VA's often take the veteran's side by default, but generally they're pretty good about working with the families as well.  But... PTSD is not an excuse.  It does cause a low threshhold for stress, but it's not like they have muscle memory for beating up infants.  It doesn't work like that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page