Five interesting but random things about your life today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

• I ate fresh blueberries and strawberries for breakfast
  • I'm on my third cup of coffee and third bottle of water - trying to decrease coffee and increase water
  • It is sunny here 
  • I lost my gym key
  • My butt hurts from doing squats

Your turn. orngbiggrin.gif

#2 of 22 Old 06-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
  • I ran around in the rain chasing baby turkeys to get them inside and out of the rain. I got wetter than they did I think.
  • Nursed my toddler 5,285 times today...okay maybe an exaggeration ;) 
  • Made homemade yogurt and felt very productive.
  • Finished a task I've been procrastinating for a few months and that felt good. 
  • Only 2 of my 3 kids are here today and it feels busier than when there are all three! 
cynthia mosher likes this.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 22 Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)

Found two really cool looking beetles at the same time.  

My daughters did some clean up in the bedroom and "organized" Daddy's desktop.  orngtongue.gif

Managed to do 5 more minutes of yoga than I did yesterday.

It's trying to be summer here--finally!

DH came home from work early bearing treats for everybody, including coffee for me and Cracker Jack for the girls.  (And dd1 discovered Cracker Jack is dairy free!)

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#4 of 22 Old 06-22-2013, 11:12 PM

• I saw my cousin for the first time in...hmm...four years, maybe five?
  • I got 45 minutes to lie on the couch in peace and quiet, which helped my headache.
  • I shocked my cousin by referring to my ex coming out of the closet years ago - I didn't realize she hadn't heard.
  • I failed to realize it was 10:00 when we left my mom's, because it wasn't dark yet.
  • I opened a dozen eggs (to check for cracked ones) at the grocery store today, and one was missing.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#5 of 22 Old 06-22-2013, 11:45 PM

1) We celebrate MIL's birthday today

2) DS did "the robot" while listening to Kiss on vinyl

3) Had a very lazy Saturday with family and I feel great about it

4) I really need to organize the games for my sister's baby shower next weekend, but I am not looking forward to doing them at all

5) I bought myself fancy hair conditioner and hair gel today

joy.giflurk.gif

#6 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 AM

- we celebrated our 22nd anniversary yesterday. We got married a year to the day of meeting.
- I'm eating my leftovers for breakfast
- we will be hiking in the mountains today
- my birthday is Tuesday
- my dog loves me unconditionally
#7 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

its almost 12:30 and I am still in my pjs eating brunch (left over dinner - veggie chow mein) desperately trying to use the slippery chop sticks (so essentially holding bowl to my face and stuffing slipping and sliding noodles into my mouth when most of them fall back into the bowl). aargh dd served me and she decided I should use chopsticks coz she uses chopsticks for EVERYTHING - including cooking.

cleaned up cat barf from the bed before dd lay in it.

worked a little on a new water colour painting. got frustrated and decided to take a break. trying to do a multi media piece inspired by one of my favourite artists Wangechi Mutu but my magazine cut outs are not working in there as I had it planned in my head. in case you want to check out her work http://www.saatchigallery.com/artists/wangechi_mutu.htm

writing a letter (yes handwritten on nice paper with butterfly on it) to my friend's dad dying from colon cancer who lives for getting these letters in the mail. I enjoy writing to him.

helped dd set up her google voice account

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#8 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Happy anniversary and almost-birthday, 34me! smile.gif

Hmm, 5 things about today:
-- I cleaned the master bathroom to within an inch of its life this morning, and found such a giant hair wad in the shower drain that it looked like Samara from The Ring was coming to get me.
-- I didn't eat breakfast until 11:30, and the timing of my day feels all messed up as a result.
-- I played a bunch of board games with the kids at the patio table, eating strawberries, drinking iced tea, and feeling a light breeze, and thought that there couldn't be a nicer feeling.
-- DS has asked me to take him for a bike ride while be wears his Batman cape so it can flutter behind him, which sounds like fun to me!
-- My big plan for today is to get the house super clean and organized so we can go into the week ahead (the first full week of summer vacation) with a clean slate, but I can't seem to get off my butt and make that happen.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#9 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 PM

-I watched an interesting Japanese movie called "A Rainy Day"
-I ate leftover Chinese food that included really really yummy eggplant--i normally dont like eggplant but they made it so well it almost melts in my mouth mmm
-I did a Tae Bo workout that i havent done in a long time
-I got a short massage from DH which is rare
-I helped a friend figure out if she should get her membranes stripped
#10 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

Happy anniversary and almost-birthday, 34me! smile.gif

Hmm, 5 things about today:
-- I cleaned the master bathroom to within an inch of its life this morning, and found such a giant hair wad in the shower drain that it looked like Samara from The Ring was coming to get me.
-- I didn't eat breakfast until 11:30, and the timing of my day feels all messed up as a result.
-- I played a bunch of board games with the kids at the patio table, eating strawberries, drinking iced tea, and feeling a light breeze, and thought that there couldn't be a nicer feeling.
-- DS has asked me to take him for a bike ride while be wears his Batman cape so it can flutter behind him, which sounds like fun to me!
-- My big plan for today is to get the house super clean and organized so we can go into the week ahead (the first full week of summer vacation) with a clean slate, but I can't seem to get off my butt and make that happen.

That sounds like an enjoyable, productive day, limabean! The image of your little boy wearing his Batman cape while riding his bike is very heart-warming smile.gif
#11 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

This is a fun thread. 

- I wore my big floppy fine-weave straw hat for a walk out with Little Man and felt vaguely like a Victorian-era British lady. 

- Realized I've settled into a good routine with Sunday baking as I've managed to do it four weeks in a row. 

- Read a story book to Little Man and he gave me a "kissy" on the cheek every time I finished reading a page. 

- We all got to sleep in to 7:30 this morning, which is an extra hour and a half. It was amazing. 

- The windows are wide open, and I'm enjoying a nice cool breeze and the overwhelming scent of rain and wet greenery. It's marvelous. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#12 of 22 Old 06-23-2013, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimordialMind View Post

That sounds like an enjoyable, productive day, limabean! The image of your little boy wearing his Batman cape while riding his bike is very heart-warming smile.gif

Thanks! It was really cute. My DD decided to join us, and she wore her ladybug wings. They were so cute riding up ahead of me!

Oooh, a massage from your DH -- that sounds divine, hope you enjoyed it! smile.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#13 of 22 Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

1.  Watched DS make his own scrambled eggs for brunch this morning.

2.  Dropped off DS at Robotics camp where he made a Da Vinci odometer.

3.  Picked up anti-malaria meds for DH before he goes to India

4.  Had a random discussion at Target with a woman who was buying a food scale about dieting and eating healthy foods.

5.  Worried about DD starting to get sick and coughing up snot out of her trach.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
#14 of 22 Old 06-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
1. I made such a big, filling breakfast for myself, that I wasn't hungry again until supper time.

2. I met an English woman who just moved here from England for coffee (our husbands work together) and then spontaneously took her to the gourmet / import grocery store as a "field trip"

3. My puppy went potty outside every time today!

4. I researched green fish tank water on the Internet, and then covered our tank with thick blankets.

5. I took my dd to her school so she could take the final for a summer class she did on line. It was weird - huge high school that holds thousands but only had about 7 people on campus today.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#15 of 22 Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 PM

Today....

• My baby turned four...still can't quite believe that.
  • My two youngest kids got new suitcases from my MIL, in anticipation of an Autumn trip to visit their grandparents.
  • I brewed herbal tea so the kids could have a tea party with my little one's new play tea set.
  • DS2 got the "super student" stripe at Tae Kwon Do, for "great sweating" and "looking like a tomato" (he worked really hard tonight)
  • While watching my middle two do Tae Kwon Do, and listening to loud music (target practice tonight, and it's always has a soundtrack), I had a great conversation with one of the instructors. It was about eReader (I had my Kobo, which started the whole thing), science fiction books/authors, SF movies/television, science books, the evolution of geek culture, and I don't even remember what else. We talked the entire class, except when he had to instruct them in what techniques to use in their target work. DS2's been in this class for about two years, and I've never exchanged more than 2-3 sentences with the man before.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#16 of 22 Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Since I haven't had coffee yet this morning, nothing interesting has happened today.So I will report on yesterday instead:

• I had a latte and a banana for breakfast and then nothing again until a pulled pork sandwich for dinner. Skipping breakfast and lunch wasn't deliberate. DS asked for a lift to work in the morning and I decided to pick up a few things before I went home again. I was shopping "for just a couple of things" but it turned into an all-day expedition. 
  • A parking meter cheated me out of $2
  • I realized that I am buying stuff as some kind of personal substitute to send with DS and DD when they are traveling without me this summer. If I can't be there, then at least they will have First Aid kits, keychain flashlights and good underwear to help out in any and all situations.
  • I bought a new bamboo matcha whisk for myself 
  • I did a core workout at the end of a long day and after a pulled pork sandwich. It was a really, really bad idea.  
#17 of 22 Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

• I placed a bid on Ebay for Tony Horton's Ten-Minute Trainer.
  • I'm planning a trip to go zip lining in the Georgia mountains
  • I skinned my elbows trying to do planks
  • I am working on a new project - "baby shower" giveaways for our DDCs 
  • I'm on my second cup of coffee and still haven't eaten breakfast. Not so god for someone trying to cut down on coffee. I'm searching for a healthy caffeine free coffee. Not a coffee substitute but real coffee without caffeine. 

#18 of 22 Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
  • I picked cherries and ate a ton with my toddler right off the tree
  • I had acupuncture at 8 am(who has acu@ 8 in the morning?)
  • We officially moved out of our house..moving truck and all
  • I made chocolate chip cookies at 10 pm.. lol
  • I ate chocolate chips cookies at 10:30 pm
#19 of 22 Old 06-29-2013, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Taking this thread over for a visit in the Parenting forum. love.gif

• Cleaned out my computer's files.
  • Had a very tense email discussions with distant family members about religious tolerance
  • Got the replacement head for my Waterpic - saved myself $50.00!
  • Started compiling data for a breastfeeding practices study
  • Made a shell necklace from shells my sister brought back from her Florida vacation.

#20 of 22 Old 07-01-2013, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I like this-i like that its in the parenting section now...

-sent an audiofile to my grandparents for their 50th anniversary from my 5yo, he said 'i love you, the end'

-trying to make yoghurt by zapping milk in the microwave

-prayed with my 7yo from a siddur (Jewish prayer book), he knows all the prayers now, so he's the one leading....(we dont usually pray, but its one my to do list)

-17mth old poops in the potty and brings it to me saying 'pee, pee'

-bargained with wholefoods butcher workers to buy fat cuts off their meat for a dollar a pound.  Fat is cheap cos' noone wants it!  They just throw it away, and you cant buy animal fat anywhere! Ive looked! Apparently though, its actually really good for you.(GAPS, Paleo and all that) This meat is pasture raised, antibiotic free. Now i have to figure out how to render it. I cant cook, so all of this is new to me.

#21 of 22 Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

contactmaya, I've never rendered fat myself but I have read about it (soap making is one of my occasional passions but I use all plant oils) but I recall that it takes time and can stink up your house so if you can do it outside that might be a good idea.

• Had a slice of whole grain toast and peanut butter after being off bread for ten days  (I love a good piece of bread yummy.gif )
  • Did what seemed like an "easy" workout at the gym but came home sore and barely able to move greensad.gif
  • Videoed a very persistent bird diving at and teasing my cat by doing a hop dance around her
  • Organized my moms pantry. Threw out a lot of expired stuff and found a lot to use for meals this week
  • Packed a lunch for my husband and son for their 20 hour drive up to Boston

#22 of 22 Old 07-01-2013, 09:11 AM

-Woke up all by myself in our big family bed, after sleeping in until 10am! [Kids are on a two-day adventure with Grandparents] 

-Went outside to survey damage by the super rain + thunder storm we had [lots of rocks flew down my hill because of flooding + the goats got out + the barn is a mess...barn work all afternoon!] 

-Sat on the couch with my big ole' German Shepherd and had a snuggle.

-Bought movie tickets online. DATE NIGHT! 

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page