Share Your Naughty Exploits - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-06-2013, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 2 year old son woke up from his nap.  I wheeled him into our TV room in his minicrib (kind of close to the TV) and turned on Scooby Doo kinda loud.  I left him in there for like 30-45 minutes while I sat on my leather sofa in the other room and ate two large pieces of non-organic cake.

He was too enthralled with the boogeyman to even notice I was doing other stuff.

Then, I went and changed his disposable diaper and fed him rice-a-roni with no veggies or fruit. And put him back in front of the TV.

Ahhhhhh.

Please share your own exploits

#2 of 10 Old 07-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Hmm, I don't have to look far, i'll just recount my day.

Woke up @ 9:55 after LO kept coming over and over showing me what she was doing on my phone....she isn't supposed to use it but....it kept her busy and I just kept laying in bed as long as I could.

Microwaved her a bowl of instant oatmeal.

Decided to drive some places just to get out of the house and break up the day.  Went to Target as an actual activity, that's where I am mentally today that Target isn't a place to hit and get out but an actual activity.

The best thing I did was bring her to the library but I let her hang with the story time crew while I browsed around and read a mag.

When she asked if she could cook with me I said no and didn't even feel bad.

She is watching the cat-whisperer guy on animal planet right now all by herself eating pickles from the jar and bread with margarine......

That's as real as it gets baby!

#3 of 10 Old 07-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I love this thread.  Target as an activity!  I used to do that with DD all the time when she was younger!  Ah, the good old days.

#4 of 10 Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I thought it was about sex.

#5 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 AM

Excellent thread, D! Let's see... We're finishing hour two of Sesame Street on Netflix this morning. DD woke at 4:30, and I had to keep her quiet and away from her sleeping brother and dad. Glad I didn't stay up too late, but 4:30 is still a bit extreme for me.

We also have some floor damage from an A/C leak that is keeping DH busy, and I need to keep kids out of the house during the work. I took them to a restaurant with a playground for a super long dinner of cheeseburgers and chocolate milk, followed by an hour-long visit to Target (as an activity) for one unnecessary item.

Now I need to figure out how to keep them out all day today during repairs. I'm sure there will be at least one naughty exploit by sundown. wink1.gif
#6 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM

LOL, my trip to target totally ended with me in line for one very unnecessary box of chocolate chip granola bars!

Already today she has spent an hour on my phone playing a piano app......and eaten one of the aforementioned granola bars as "breakfast"....bag.gif

#7 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinette View Post

LOL, my trip to target totally ended with me in line for one very unnecessary box of chocolate chip granola bars!

Already today she has spent an hour on my phone playing a piano app......and eaten one of the aforementioned granola bars as "breakfast"....bag.gif

LOL I also cruise box stores and often end up buying next to nothing.  Sometimes I will take whatever I have out of the basket just before we reach the cash register and just walk out.  

The ladies hate me at the Brighton jewelry store because they are supposed to wait on people.  I not only brought my two year old and screwed around for well over an hour, I bought like a ten dollar item after they thought I was going to spend hundreds, then changed my mind and exchanged it.  LOL

DH is the one who has lots of phone apps for the kiddo in our case.

#8 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Both kids are at school and I have a HUGE list of things that need to get done today, including the giant pile of dishes and cleaning the toilet and bathroom, but instead I'm lying on the couch, surfing the net and watching Halloween II that I recorded last night.

It's complicated.
#9 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeter888 View Post

LOL I also cruise box stores and often end up buying next to nothing.  Sometimes I will take whatever I have out of the basket just before we reach the cash register and just walk out.  

SAME here!  How funny, makes me feel better about it :)

#10 of 10 Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning_Mum View Post

Both kids are at school and I have a HUGE list of things that need to get done today, including the giant pile of dishes and cleaning the toilet and bathroom, but instead I'm lying on the couch, surfing the net and watching Halloween II that I recorded last night.

LOL, this didn't occur to me to mention, it's so normal it doesn't even register.  Same, again!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page