Free Chinese Learning e-Book You Shouldn’t Miss It - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-17-2013, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Recently, my children start to learn Chinese. The teaching material we use called “Chinese Wonderland”. It’s really good. The content of the textbook not only relates to our daily lives, but also with lovely colorful illustrations which makes children read intently. Its CD also has clear explanation and perfect pronunciation. Moreover, the exercises and activities of the workbook are funny.

Now Chinese Wonderland launches deals and offers calls “Fun Chinese Classes for Kids: e-Book Free Trial”. There is a detailed introduction to Chinese Wonderland and also a lot of information and resources of learning Chinese. You can learn Chinese with children by using e-Book which Chinese Wonderland provides. Why not act now?

Click Me

#2 of 2 Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't looked at the e-book.

However, I am looking through the first level textbook (Traditional):

http://www.huayuschool.com/front/goodsFront.do?act=toRead&gid=193

and I am looking at this video that goes through the features of the first level textbook.

http://www.huayuschool.com//front/index.do?act=toActivity

Hmm...  Based on looking at just the sample pages of the textbook, I am not convinced that the Chinese Wonderland program gives enough support to effectively teach a child Chinese unless the parent already knows Chinese. (Maybe if the website allowed me to take a look at some of the supportive instructional materials, my opinion might change.)  But if you are happy with the program, then I am glad it is working for you. 

If the speaking in the video is indicative of the speaking in the rest of the Chinese Wonderland program, then I would have to say that although the clarity of the speaking is not bad, it is not clear enough to a non-native speaker trying to learn Chinese.  I would not say that the pronunciation is perfect.   I also think that the non-native speaker needs to be able to look at the mouth, lips, and teeth of an actual person speaking Chinese in order to effectively speak Chinese correctly, and it doesn't look like this program allows for this.

That said, there are good things about this program.  I don't know how this program compares with other programs, because I have only seen a few other programs.  So it doesn't seem like a bad program, but I don't know that it would be good enough for a non-native speaker to be able to teach her child Chinese.  And since I am not familiar with all of the available programs, I can't tell you whether or not it's the best that's out there.

I've already found an effective way to teach my dd Chinese that works for me (and have been doing so for two years), so I have nothing at stake with this program one way or another. I am just posting because I thought that maybe other readers might find it useful to know where in the website to go to take a more detailed look at the program's textbook.

(You can also look at the programs higher level textbooks here:

http://www.huayuschool.com//front/goodsFront.do?act=toGoods&btype=69   )

Tags
Education Books , Media

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page