Girl Scout Mamas Thread!!!! Leaders, volunteers and parents (dads too :) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 04-12-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

We are finishing Philanthropist.  At the same time we are finishing Give Back.  Not good planning.  I vow never....NEVER.... to embark on a badge like this without the express approval of the girls.  They wanted to do it, though.  They just didn't know what they were getting into.  Lesson learned.  More time exploring the bones of the badge.  The girls think this one boring.  I agree.  We just finished with a journey, and this is a dud.  I'm bored.  Ready for Dancer and Hiker.  

Otherwise, things are chugging along well.  We found a Letterboxer workshop.  I think our Daisies will bridge in spring this year and join us for this badge, whilst my bridging Brownie dd1 will get to do a Brownie activity with the new Brownies starting then and through the summer.  We will do Hiker together as a troop in June, something special since we have 3 years represented.  Then dd1 will bridge in fall.

Give me a few minutes while I caffeinate.
#32 of 32 Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:  Ready for Dancer and Hiker.  

We did the hiking badge as a troop and it was a great success!

We also did the Dancer badge at a local dance studio. I gave the instructor the list of things we had to accomplish and she put it all together for me in a 90 min session. The kids had a great time. smile.gif

The jorneys sound interesting, but they look like a lot of work. lol We'll probably start one of those next fall.

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/familybed2.gif">familybed2.gif  DD1 12/05, DD2 12/08

Computer Engineer- I write better in 1's and 0's. ;-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page