Now that it's (mostly) done with what's wrong with celebrating Halloween? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know some people don't celebrate Halloween because of religious reasons and others' because they don't have Halloween where they grew up. Are there other reasons? We love Halloween at my house and celebrate it in a multitude of ways.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
We don't do Halloween because it isn't really a tradition in Australia, so this is purely a curiosity question. What are you (general you) celebrating on Halloween? What is it a celebration of?

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Old 11-01-2013, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)

We are celebrating that kids get to be whatever they want and take candy from strangers! 

I love Halloween, and if I were all powerful, life would be more like Halloween. My kids are now too old to trick or treat, so we are now down to handing out candy to cute kids. We live in the southwest, so the weather is still quite mild. In my neighborhood it is normal for people to sit in their driveways, hang out in the garages, hang out in their neighbors driveway/garage etc. Every one is just outside after dark hanging out, talking, passing out candy, etc. One family on our street drug their outdoor fire place to their front yard and lit a fire. It was just fun. Here, it is like a neighborhood party that everyone is invited to.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

User Tag List