CPS whistleblower (video) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

25Likes

#61 of 129 Old 11-17-2014, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
You need to copy-paste the whole link....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 129 Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Every parent should have a right to get a second opinion, or third or fourth or fifth, especially if you're getting a second opinion from another "real" doctor (I can see the argument against homeopathy/herbal options with kids, whether or not I agree with it, but another "proper" doctor?!).
An aside, but I do agree with you.

Homeopathic, naturopathic, herbalists, chiropractic, osteopathic, alternative types are just as valuable in many cases, but I agree it will not look good to go to one of them as a second opinion if you go to a medical type first.

Anecdotally, I had bursitis for years. Very painful. I had three sessions of physical therapy, chiropractic, and all the medical types could offer me was cortisone or surgery, although I had to go to the medical doctor to get a recommendation/prescription for the physical therapy. My chiropractor said he could not help me. He told me that I needed the physical therapy. Nothing helped. Finally, I went to a rolfer, who took care of both shoulders in one session. I was supposed to go back, but I have not had to. It has been six years now. So the very alternative type was the ONLY person who helped me.

"One can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato
#63 of 129 Old 11-29-2014, 07:38 AM

Wow, one good thing about MDC coming to a virtual standstill, is that its easy to find old threads. This one, for instance was third from the top, even though it is barely active.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!I am always particularly grateful to be with my family when I come across stories like this one involving yet another CPS bungle (or rather crime).

http://medicalkidnap.com/2014/11/25/...sing-hospital/

applejuice likes this.
#64 of 129 Old 12-04-2014, 02:01 PM

http://www.redbookmag.com/kids-family/blogs/mom-blog/tiffany-langwell-baby-cosmo?fb_comment_id=fbc_739146359485081_7391540028 17650_739154002817650#f24df55dc1dfbd4

Yet another one. These articles keep coming up on yahoo. Im not actively looking for them.
What can be done about this?

applejuice likes this.
#65 of 129 Old 12-06-2014, 12:48 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/coup...434804787.html

CPS takes nursing newborns away..., because... they can.

Read the comments too. They restore my faith in humanity.
#66 of 129 Old 12-20-2014, 08:23 AM

CPS not effective in preventing abuse, and also break laws that require them to reveal information. Comments on the article very revealing.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-impact-abus...053956800.html

One comment and discussion from a poster -

"Princess Delilah 1 day ago

""While very disturbing, its not surprising coming from a set of agencies whose corruption, mishandling and prejuduce is legendary. People who pose a genuine danger keep their children until something horrendous happens while hard-working folks doing the best they can,get theirs stolen and imprisoned in a largely uncaring system simply for being unorthodox or otherwise dont fit the Leave It To Beaver fantasy version of the familial unit. Its damn shameful. Its time the agencies are held accountable for their actions regardless of all that shiny funding many states get per child in the system.

• Joyce 1 day ago 0

It is the county that gets the money and it's $85K, that's eighty-five thousand dollars per child removed from his home. Just one of CPS's dirty secrets.
    More

• Elaine 1 day ago 0

Seeing it with my own eyes the whole system is CORRUPT.
    More

• concernedinoregon 21 hours ago 0

The reason they want those children from the hard-working parents is so 1%ers can adopt a "clean" child. Check it out. ..."

".......Just Me N KC 1 day ago 0

The Mandatory reporting system is a big part of the problem. You will get Doctors who report every single Scratch or Bruise on a child regardless of how it happened or where it is. Then the Doctor will flat out tell the parent that they have to make a mandatory report because Junior skinned his knee at soccer practice. We switched Doctors within our Family Practice because the one we were with Hot Lined me 2x in a row over scrapes on my son from Sports. Both were minor and barely there, and had been cleaned and treated. Both were typical soccer injuries. After a few years , we ended up having to see her on a Urgent Appointment for a ear infection and she tells me again, she HAS to hot line me because my oldest had a small scratch on her hand from the Kitten. I snapped at her, NO you dont. You have to legally call in a report when there is signs of abuse. You do not have to report every single mark a normal child acquires. Its out of bounds and its why your losing patients! By the next year she was let go, because none of the parents wanted her!..."

""

Highflyer16V 1 day ago 0

This is a ridiculously slanted article and fails to even mention all the kids who are harmed AFTER they are taken from their parents. The authors seem to think that child protective services takes these kids and leads them to the promised land. Nothing can be further from the truth. Kids taken from their parents fare very poorly in life. Their rates of crime, divorce, suicide, drug abuse, and domestic violence as adults are about ten times those who remain with their families. Furthermore, there are many CPS workers, doctors and other professionals who truly are zealous and believe they are going to save the world, and have perpetrated heinous "medical kidnappings" and other ridiculous premises for terrorizing children and families. This article is basically being written to poison the well against the likely re-introduction of the Parental Rights Amendment to the constitution in congress next year. This constitutional amendment is desperately needed to avoid nightmares like Justina Pelletier and her family faced in Massachussetts. Of course, the elitist anti-parent zealots love to tell these horror stories about a few children who truly should have been removed. While each of these stories is tragic, in most of these examples, these children were so young that a pattern of abuse could not have been established yet. What these authors actually are advocating is the right of child protective services to break up families with NO due process of law. In wake of the current scandals involving CPS and other "protective' agencies, that would be a nightmarish development....."

Last edited by contactmaya; 12-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.
#67 of 129 Old 12-20-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Interview with Carlos Morales - Legally Kidnapped: The Case Against Child Protective Services

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iNtoUSEIhQ

Jupiter retrograde in the Crab - Release From Pretending
#68 of 129 Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 AM

Nice to hear from the OP. I appreciate this thread very much. (you may have noticed from the my number of posts ;-)
applejuice likes this.
#69 of 129 Old 12-21-2014, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
Nice to hear from the OP. I appreciate this thread very much. (you may have noticed from the my number of posts ;-)
I appreciate you have kept this thread alive. This information is so important to get out. We cannot allow this kind of psychopathy to continue this must be out in the open.
applejuice likes this.

Jupiter retrograde in the Crab - Release From Pretending
#70 of 129 Old 01-15-2015, 12:32 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/pare...180228512.html

Sigh.... a 6yo and 10yo walk to the park alone-are investigated by cps.

I always like to read the comments on these articles. Many people say that government is interfering too much-i see it more as a government organization that needs reform.

After reading this article, i wonder if i should let my 9yo catch the school bus alone....
applejuice likes this.
#71 of 129 Old 01-16-2015, 06:57 AM

Watch how effective the cps and the police are in deaing with these parents-in the words of the parent-
"
L. Riki Cheever 2 hours ago 0

"Meitiv explains via email:

On Monday, a Montgomery County child protective services worker went to my children's school and interviewed them without my knowledge or consent. Why?

Because last month we'd let them walk home from the park by themselves. It's a mile away. They are 6 and 10. We live in suburban Maryland. Let me recap the story and then tell you where we're at.

On a Saturday afternoon in December, my husband, Alexander, gave our kids permission to walk home from the local playground. I was out of town at the time. When they'd walked about halfway, a Montgomery County Police patrol car pulled up. A "helpful" neighbor had called 911 to report unaccompanied children walking outside. Our kids were brought home in a police cruiser.

At the door the police officer asked to see my husband's ID, but did not explain why. When he refused, she called for backup.

A total of six patrol cars showed up.

Alexander then agreed to get his ID and went to go upstairs. The officer said—in front of the kids—that if he came down with anything else, "shots would be fired." She proceeded to follow him upstairs, and when he said she had no right to do so without a warrant, she insisted that she did.

Our 10 yr. old called me crying and saying that the police were there and that Daddy was going to be arrested. Alexander stepped outside to continue the conversation away from the kids. When he disagreed with one of the officers about the dangers that walking alone posed to children, she asked him: "Don't you realize how dangerous the world is? Don't you watch TV?" They took notes and left.

Two hours later a CPS worker arrived with a “temporary safety plan,” which she told my husband to sign. It stated that he would not leave the children unsupervised at any time before Monday morning, when someone from their office could contact him. He refused to sign it. She informed him that if he didn’t, she would instruct the police to take the children away immediately. He signed.

We were then contacted by a CPS social worker named W. Don Thorne who made an appointment for us to come to his office on Friday, Jan. 9. A little while later he called back saying that he needed to come to us, so that he could see our house. We told him we would meet with him at his office, not our home. He said he would speak with his supervisor and call us back.

On Monday, Mr. Thorne showed up at our door unannounced, accompanied by a police officer. He insisted that he had the right to come into our house without a warrant. I said that I was invoking my Fourth Amendment rights against unwarranted search, and would not let him in, but repeated my willingness to go to his office to answer questions. Then I noticed that he had a visitor’s sticker from my children’s elementary school on his jacket. Had he been to my children's school to interview them?!

He didn't answer that question and they quickly left. I have since learned that he visited my children’s school and spoke to my children without my knowledge or consent.

We do not know what actions CPS will take next.

We are frightened and confused. We are good parents, educated professionals, and our children are happy, healthy, well-adjusted, and academically successful.

As difficult as it is for us to believe, all of these events occurred as the result of allowing our children to walk along public streets in the middle of the afternoon without our supervision.

My husband grew up in the former Soviet Union. Now he wonders if we have to just go along with whatever the authorities want us to do. I keep reminding him that we have RIGHTS in this country and that neither the police nor the bureaucrats can arbitrarily dismiss them."

http://news.yahoo.com/parents-troubl...010534214.html (see comments--L. Riki Cheever )
applejuice likes this.
#72 of 129 Old 01-17-2015, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
It looks like they are doing a great job. They are investigating suspicious parents who broke the law while still keeping the family intact. The police didn't handle the father's suspicious behavior well but so far it looks like cps is.
#73 of 129 Old 01-17-2015, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/pare...180228512.html

Sigh.... a 6yo and 10yo walk to the park alone-are investigated by cps.

I always like to read the comments on these articles. Many people say that government is interfering too much-i see it more as a government organization that needs reform.

After reading this article, i wonder if i should let my 9yo catch the school bus alone....
Honestly the need for investigation by CPS isn't that clear cut for me. If they were walking on quiet, neighborhood streets then yes, it would be unwarranted. But, if their route home involved crossing major roads/highways then maybe it is.

In my area a 12 year old boy was killed by a car while walking home from school. He didn't like taking the bus so his parents let him walk home. It's been quite cold in our area lately so he decided to take a shortcut home - unfortunately that involved running across a 6-lane highway. He was hit and killed instantly.

No I don't believe that these parents should lose custody, but if their children are walking a route that involves crossing major roads then maybe they need to be made aware of the dangers and get help brainstorming other alternatives for their kids.
#74 of 129 Old 01-17-2015, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
No matter what the policeman nor the social worker says, they have NO right whatsoever to go into your home without a warrant. There are still the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments, whether they want to acknowledge that fact or not.

The fact is if the social worker thinks the case against you is strong enough then they have to go before the judge on their day off and prove to a judge that their case against you is strong enough to obtain a warrant. They will get mad. They will threaten you. But the law is the law, and the policeman and social worker knows what the law is.

The bad parents know their way around the law; the good parents are intimidated by this affront. You are guilty of nothing. Stand up for your rights.

Let me add that I have known CPS agents to say that giving children chores is child abuse. I know of a teacher who told a parent that giving her child a long name is child abuse. CPS needs to get a grip. They cannot run and regulate every little thing in family life. We are supposed to be a free society, not an oligarchy, or are we?
MyFillingQuiver likes this.

"One can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." - Plato

Last edited by applejuice; 01-17-2015 at 07:08 PM.
#75 of 129 Old 01-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Girl View Post
It looks like they are doing a great job. They are investigating suspicious parents who broke the law while still keeping the family intact. The police didn't handle the father's suspicious behavior well but so far it looks like cps is.
Seriously...did you read the story? Have you read anything in this thread at all? Nah, guess not.
applejuice likes this.
#76 of 129 Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM

Yes I did read both and I think the cps fear is silly and that this situation is being handled appropriately by cps. They broke the law and allowef their children to walk through a business district (heavy traffic areaa where I live) unsupervised. CPS merely asked them to not leave their kids unsupervised until contacted again for an interview and interviewed the kids before attempting to make sure the house was safe. Asking a parent not to break the law or act neglectfully doesn't horrify me and kids should be interviewed away from parenta when investigating abuse and neglect.

I realize this is an emotional issue for you but that doesn't mean I agree with your opinion of cps. I actually disagree with it very much and think your lack of care for the well being of children is concerning.
#77 of 129 Old 01-22-2015, 02:05 PM

Yes, i think the CPS needs reform, therefore, i dont care about children. Please....

You have not informed yourself of CPS incompetence, corruption, and the harm that results to children and their families. Redeem yourself and read the thread.

As for the specific reference to the 10yo walking the the playground, I believe a 10yo is capable of doing that both alone and with a 6yo sibling. But i think it depends on the child, and that is a decision for parent to make. Parents know whether or not their children are traffic savvy. The actions of the cps in this case were unnecessary and harmful. A better way would have been to inform the parents of the law. But CPS isnt tained to do that, they are trained to build a case against parents, whether there is one there or not.

If the law stupilates a certain age, and these parents broke that law, they still dont deserve what the CPS did to them. Breaking the law doesnt make them negligent parents anymore than parking illegally does.

One girl, just read the thread and refrain from name calling.
applejuice likes this.
#78 of 129 Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM

Yes, it is an emotional issue for me. Why isnt it for you?
applejuice likes this.
#79 of 129 Old 01-22-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
No matter what the policeman nor the social worker says, they have NO right whatsoever to go into your home without a warrant. There are still the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments, whether they want to acknowledge that fact or not.
Exactly
applejuice likes this.
#80 of 129 Old 01-22-2015, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Since when does the government need to interview the kids away from their parents, and search their home, because the kids went on a long walk together? They are both old enough to go walking by themselves as long as they aren't alone. There is nothing abusive about this situation. There is no clear threat to their safety. Yet there is a government agency ripping apart the family home and asking sexual questions of those kids .. for what? This doesn't make anyone safer. This doesn't make anyone's life easier. Of course it is upsetting... it's wrong. Its invasive. And in any other situation would be illegal.
applejuice likes this.

Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.
#81 of 129 Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM

I didn't call you any names and I did read the thread and disagree with you as I already stated. CPS is absolutely suppossed to get involved when parents break laws that are designed to protect children whether people who advocate minimal supervision/free range parenting agree with those laws or not. I hhaveworked with children for many years and witnessed and reported abuse, seen a child die because cps never followed through, and never once seen cps take children from a family

You are obviously free to search the internet for the few stories of cps overstepping so you can post them in one general location to make the problem seem big, you are free to avoid a real conversation by claiming that people who don't agree with you haven't read the thread and are just being mean to you. That doesn't change my opinion about how cps is handling this case or other cases, it only changes how seriously I take your posts. If you believe that I was calling you names on my first post then it doesn't surprise me that you believe cps is going overboard. You are obviously prone to over reacting.
#82 of 129 Old 01-25-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post
Since when does the government need to interview the kids away from their parents, and search their home, because the kids went on a long walk together? They are both old enough to go walking by themselves as long as they aren't alone. There is nothing abusive about this situation. There is no clear threat to their safety. Yet there is a government agency ripping apart the family home and asking sexual questions of those kids .. for what? This doesn't make anyone safer. This doesn't make anyone's life easier. Of course it is upsetting... it's wrong. Its invasive. And in any other situation would be illegal.
Exactly. The CPS needs to be reformed.
#83 of 129 Old 01-25-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I...think your lack of

care for the well being of children is concerning.
'Name calling' was the wrong terminology, 'direct

insult', more accurately describes your turn of

phrase, namely that i do not care about children.

Thats not a very nice thing to say to someone now is

it? So, let me put it differently, please refrain from

insulting other posters.
#84 of 129 Old 01-25-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:

You are obviously prone to over reacting.
There you go again....
applejuice likes this.
#85 of 129 Old 01-25-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:

You are obviously free to search the internet for the few stories of cps overstepping...
Again onegirl, you havent read the thread. I dont go

looking for these stories. They appear frequently

on webpages i read for general news items, like

yahoo.com, Huffingtonpost,

to name a few. I dont search for it. What shocks me,

is how often these stories appear, because CPS

corruption and incompetence, and unethical behavior

occurs so frequently across the country.

People should know about this, because most of us

here are parents.The cps need reform. What they are

doing here is just wrong.

I post to spread information.

Quote:
..... so you can post them in one general location to make the problem seem big, you are free to avoid a real conversation.....

Simply trying to spread the news as i receive it. The conversation has been had on this thread and elsewhere.

Quote:
...by claiming that people who don't agree with you haven't read the thread and are just being mean to you.
You clearly havent read the thread, since you keep saying things that reveal that. You addressed one case i posted and stated your opinion with which i disagree. What about all the other cases that i have posted here over many months? What about the first post of the CPS whistleblower? (not my post btw) But im not here to argue, just post information. I think the information speaks for itself. Your random insults (i dont care about children and i overreact), also speak for themselves.

And again, this is not acceptable behavior on MDC.

Quote:
....it only changes how seriously I take your posts.
Its clear you dont take evidence of CPS incompetence and law breaking and corruption very seriously. There are alot of people like you. That is why it continues.

So like i say, read the thread. Thats what its here for.
#86 of 129 Old 01-25-2015, 07:46 PM

You aren't here to argue so you quoted my post three times in an attempt to trash it and repeated your previous claim that people who disagree with you haven't read the thread. Serial pointless posts don't change anyone's opinion an this issue they just change how quickly your opinion and you become irrelevant due to lack of substance. Your choice to overreact to my posts is not a violation of mdc policy. If a post on a public forums hits a nerve with you then you should examine your ideas to see why.
#87 of 129 Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 AM

Onegirl, read the links i posted, and read the first post on this thread."CPS whistleblower" We do disagree on some things, that is clear, what constitutes an insult, what constitutes 'trashing' someone's post, what constitutes an 'overreaction', what is pointless versus important information, what constitutes ethical and legal behavior from a government funded organization.

Also, i stated it is clear that that *you* havent read the thread, but didnt mention anyone else.

Lets agree to disagree ...there is no need to address me personally anymore, i see clearly where you are coming from already.

But as i said, feel free to inform yourself of the important information in his thread. On the other hand, dont read it if you dont want to.

Last edited by contactmaya; 01-28-2015 at 08:46 AM.
#88 of 129 Old 01-30-2015, 05:41 AM

Once again I did read the thread, I've been following it for a while now, and I disagree with the view that cps is over reaching. In each of these cases there was more going on. In your most recent one this is the second time cps has been involved for the same issue. I'll be happy to agree to disagree but not to put up with you blaming my disagreement on not reading the thread.
#89 of 129 Old 01-31-2015, 01:36 PM

Its good to know you have read it, and followed each of the troubling cases i have posted. Since you do disagree, i would be interested to hear how, in each case, was CPS behavior justifiable? Please post the case, and explain the exonerating circumstances.

There are other cases i have come across which i did not post here. A recent one was where a newborn and toddler were taken from parents for attachment parenting practices and a homebirth. If you are aware of this case, then all the better. If not, i will dig it up. The newborn and toddler were eventually returned. They should never have been taken.
applejuice likes this.
#90 of 129 Old 02-16-2015, 02:50 PM

I guess it doesnt surprise me that you couldn't exonerate them.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page