The BEST baby product you own? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 71 Old 04-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Probably the co-sleeper.  The particular brand we have is difficult to set up, but just having a co-sleeper, period, was a great thing when the baby was little.

As for brand name products, our Naturepedic mattress is very good.

#62 of 71 Old 04-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Impossible to narrow down to 1 items!  Here are some of my top 10 items...

For baby:

carriers - I used Moby and Ergo and loved them (and boy did I get fast whipping that Moby on!)

Small bassinet - my DS was a preemie and the crib and pack 'n play were enormous for him!

Pack 'n Play for naps when he was older and for grandparent sleepovers/visiting friends past bed time - so convenient!

City Select stroller - heavy but so comfy for DS and could carry a good sized grocery list of items, allowing me to leave the car at home.

My Breast Friend nursing pillow - invaluable in the beginning when we were just trying to figure it all out

Mommy necklaces - DS loved pulled, chewing and wrapping his fingers through it - I think it made him feel secure to be more anchored to me!

For me:

Medela Freestyle pump - so awesomely comfortable, easy and discrete!

Glamourmom nursing tanks - comfy, convenient and stylish, especially the long nursing tank!

Bravado Nursing bras - comfy, easy to clip/unclip and pretty!

Oxy Baby for all those poo explosions that escaped the diapers

Bella bands for pregnancy workouts and dance classes so I didn't flash my swollen belly (I was awfully self conscious about it)

My phone - for my entertainment (and sanity) through those long feedings and for all the pictures I was able to capture when I couldn't reach a camera!

And, one of the things I'm thankful for afterwards was Blurb books - whose BookSmart software gave me the chance to get all those wonderful pictures and stories together in a book that spanned my DS's first year.  Love it and made a beautiful gift my the grandparents!

Cheers,
dancingfeet

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape! --Author Unknown

The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness.  When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe.  You relinquish that position to your children. --Jessican Lange

#63 of 71 Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM

Depended on the child..

My first: Breast pump (went back to work 6weeks PP).. That is the only thing I used at all.. She was colicky and if I put her down anywhere other than on top of me/DH then she would scream until she was picked up again. Couldn't even use a carrier with her, if my hands or DH's hands weren't touching her she cried. Even when I was touching her she would still cry, hours upon hours each day..

My second: breast friend nursing pillow (god send for nursing and entertaining the older one) and the moby wrap

Third: Ergo (only carrier he didn't cry in!) and bouncy seat (I know some people don't like bouncy seats but moms got to shower occasionally.. not to mention cook, clean, take care of other children etc)

Fourth: mai tei (easier on my bad back!) and City Mini double stroller. The stroller through wasn't for her, I put my 2 middle children in it so we could go places.. still use it, love it. Its gone off roading, to the beach, through Disney World etc and it still looks almost new. So worth the cost.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#64 of 71 Old 04-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mine would be a toss up between my sling and the baby swing.

luxlove.gif Mommy to my 2 girls 2whistle.gif,joy.gif and 1 little boy thumbsuck.gif.  Wifey to my amazing stillheart.gif husband!  blowkiss.gif Loving my every moment of motherhood! 
#65 of 71 Old 04-25-2014, 09:03 AM

A vintage 1950's era baby carriage. A friend gave it to me when my son was born. She found it at a tag sale. I used it as a crib alternative in the house. It was great because I could wheel the baby around the house. I parked the carriage next to the sink when I was doing dishes so baby was always close by even when my hands were full. I also wheeled him all over the neighborhood and even in to the grocery store.

My intention, before he was born, was to carry him snuggled in a pack but he soon made it quite clear that he didn't like his "snuggli" one bit. He much prefered lying on his tummy in the carriage, peeking out over the sides at the world. Or lying on his back looking up at the trees, birdies or his mama.

The baby carriage was my initiation into doing things in a way which is "child led". 

brambleberry likes this.
#66 of 71 Old 04-28-2014, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It is hard to narrow down!

1) Fitted Newborn Diapers: I used kissaluvs and Etsy SAHM made (babycoondesigns) diapers. Love, love, love them! I use Motherease one size and Sandy's for my now bigger babe.

2) Baby carrier: I exclusively used a ring sling with my DD but have so enjoyed the Moby Wrap for my DS as a newborn and both the Ergo and Boba carriers now that he's bigger. And I did invest in the fleece vest that fits over the Boba, so genius! I use it daily in my cold, snowy climate.

3) Bob stroller: It just rocks! It's like an offroad stroller smile.gif

4) Hygeia Enjoye Pump: So much more comfortable than the Medela PIS I had with DD! I get much more milk and I love the rechargable battery.

5) Bravado seamless nursing bras and Epibi reusable pads: Hands down, the best!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#67 of 71 Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM

my Baby K'tan by far. it's super easy to use and has saved my sanity - lo sleeps on me while I get things done.

#68 of 71 Old 05-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Ergo baby carrier, hands down. Both my son and I practically lived in that thing.

#69 of 71 Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 AM

Boppy pillow!!!! Life saver and back saver while nursing
#70 of 71 Old 05-14-2014, 03:36 PM

Aden and Anais swaddles. Specifically because of their size which makes swaddling easy but also makes them convenient for so many other uses.. and beyond that, my kids who are 4 and 1 are still using them, so given the length of their usage totally worth the money. Plus they wear beautifully; ours have probably been washed about half a bajillion times to be exact and still look great. ;)

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#71 of 71 Old 05-17-2014, 11:08 AM

The Beco Gemini carrier, as soon as my child was about four months old. That and a mei-tai. I loved them both. 

I still carry her in the Gemini. The stroller is such a pain and we never use it. of course, she runs down the street most of the time and rarely wants to be carried!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page