Anyone else have two totally different children? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Now that my youngest, 9 mo DS, is really letting his personality shine though I can't help but laugh at how different he is from my DD, now 3.5 yo.  Woah baby!  

DD - No childproofing needed, naturally very careful and deliberate.

DS - Zeros in on the most dangerous, messy, troublesome thing possible every time.

DD - Content to snuggle into mama endlessly, wanted to be worn all the time

DS - Squirmy squirmy squirmy.  Must explore everything.

DD - Stranger danger.  Diverts eyes when everyone, even DH, walks into the room

DS - Loves everyone!  Champion at staring contests.  Makes "friends" everywhere we go.

DD - Could not hand off or leave with anyone (still can't).

DS - Still wants his mama, but can basically leave with anyone (see above).

This has led to some personality clashes so far.  Ha!  Hoping to start seeing some more "opposites attract" effect.

Anyone else feel like they need to learn how to parent all over again because your second is so different from your first?

#2 of 3 Old 03-05-2014, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My second is 8 and I still don't know what I am doing with her.

Ds, EASY.  Easy pregnancy, easy birth, healthy, happy go lucky, nursed great, ate great, slept great, loved EVERYONE.  When he was "bad" a simple "Jacob" would stop him in his tracks, never really did anything he wasn't supposed to.

Dd?  Hahahaahaaaa.  Hell pregnancy, she almost died when she was born, gnawed on my nipple like it was a rawhide, HAD to cry herself to sleep, ate only graham cracked, turkey and cheese for 8 months, every time she was sick it was an ER trip, screamed if I was out of her sight, sat at the door and screamed if I left her with dh.  Stubborn as all hell.  She's still a fiery hell beast, do not piss her off.  

It boggles my mind that I have two kids, same parenting style, same environment, but man, they couldn't be any more different if they were from different planets.   There are some things that shine through where they are similar but the differences are so pronounced it's hard to believe they are siblings. Dd has calmed down a lot over the last year and she's become very sweet and loving, much more like her big brother.  

#3 of 3 Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Do people actually have children that are similar? headscratch.gif All I know is that out of my four children, none of them can do anything similar nor are any of them remotely alike. It's like they purposely make me learn something new all the time just for the heck of it. I guess at least I am never bored!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page